One thing Konami´d better fix before bringing WE7 here

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

mobiggins
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by mobiggins »

The friggin´ refereeing SUCKS!
<BR>
<BR>Every game I play, on nearly every shoulder to shoulder challenge, the computer falls and I get a foul called against. This happens on about 80% of human/CPU challenges when the CPU player loses his balance and falls. Only happens on about 30% of the challenges in which my guy falls (or is deliberately shoved off the ball with no call). One look at my game stats inevitably yields a foul total of somewhere around 8-2, always more called against me. There is the odd game where there´s parity in the fouls, but those come along too rarely. The refs are way too biased in the computer´s favor.
<BR>
<BR>Another thing, while I´m at it, is the ridiculous handball calls. That needs to be cleared up. They always happen when you´re on the attack in your opponent´s box, and seem to have a way of being called on surefire goals. Handballs at midfield are like snow in November in Texas. Possible, but highly unlikely.
<BR>
<BR>Okay, here are some more things.
<BR>The computer takes control of your player on key situations too many times. I hate it when the ball´s loose, and you try to get it with a free player (this is usually in the box, by the way) only to have the CPU literally hold you back by making your player run not in a straight line to the ball, but in an oblique sort of arc around the ball (kinda like your player on CPU throw-ins, where you can´t go where you want to go) while the computer scoops it up and clears it from his box. This happens too many times, leading me to speculate that the CPU has more control over the action in the game that I´d like.
<BR>
<BR>Well, anyway, I had to vent that a little bit.
<BR>

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Agree on the handballs, and I would definitely like to see less on rails running to loose balls, but at least there is something you can do about that. Hit R1 and R2 together and you can cancel their auto-run and get full control over the player. It´s not a perfect system and you can miss easy balls sometimes, but at least you can fight defenders for those through balls. IMO, your AI players lack of responsiveness in going to meet passes (they are way to passive and often just stand there waiting) is currently the biggest weakness in the series. Hopefully it will be overhauled in WE8.
<BR>
<BR>As for the official, I found that frustrating initially, but after adjusting to the game it is tolerable (gotta change your tactics a bit).
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;