OT: Time for me to move out of Los Angeles.

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

OT: Time for me to move out of Los Angeles.

Post by dbdynsty25 »

http://www.nbc4.tv/news/4377252/detail.html

WTF is wrong with people. Not only do I get to sit in traffic all day, every day, but now I gotta worry about the a-hole next to me shooting me in the face while we are sitting in said traffic. 2 shootings in the last two weeks on the 110 freeway (used to get to Staples and Dodger stadium). Ridiculous.

webdanzer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by webdanzer »

You could become the Los Angeles DB of Anaheim.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

webdanzer wrote:You could become the Los Angeles DB of Anaheim.
That is probably true but it wouldn't help me much. They don't have the nickname AnaCrime for nothing.

fatheadX
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by fatheadX »

I would invite you out here to Colorado, but I'm pretty sure you would hate the weather and the relative lack of excitement compared to SoCal. I'm afraid that once you've lived in LA, you are spoiled and will have a tough adjustment to anywhere else. The good news is that two shootings out of 10 million people are still pretty decent odds. :?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I actually would love to live in Colorado. I've got family out there, and I go there for business a few times a year. My girl would never go for it though...she's not a fan of cold weather. I would love to be able to go skiing there all winter. I've been to a few of the resorts there and I'm a big big fan. I just wish I could convince her of that.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

fatheadX wrote:I would invite you out here to Colorado, but I'm pretty sure you would hate the weather and the relative lack of excitement compared to SoCal. I'm afraid that once you've lived in LA, you are spoiled and will have a tough adjustment to anywhere else. The good news is that two shootings out of 10 million people are still pretty decent odds. :?
I used to think that too -- I lived in NYC and Chicago before moving to freaking Iowa. I figured I'd be here for a couple years and vamoose back to civilization after my wife finished her MFA program. But surprisingly, we really like it here and decided to stay. I've never been terribly afraid about being a crime victim, but stories like this certainly reinforce the decision. I think there were 50 murders in the whole state last year.

The winters do suck, though, even for a hearty Midwestern native such as myself. But at least our governor isn't a T-800.

TheMightyPuck
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by TheMightyPuck »

Move to Canada. Their murder rate is 1.73 per 100K people whereas the US one is 5.5 per 100K people.

dougb
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dougb »

TheMightyPuck wrote:Move to Canada. Their murder rate is 1.73 per 100K people whereas the US one is 5.5 per 100K people.
And you get free healthcare! :D

You sometimes have to wait a bit though :(

Best wishes,

Doug

fatheadX
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by fatheadX »

But what about the tax rate? Let's not forget db loves his gadgets, so he needs some spending money!

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

And look what else happened just 40 miles up the road from you Db.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/news/story?id=2037077

Get the hell out of there man!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Yeah I saw that Dan...that's some bad sh*t...but it won't effect me any. I try to stay away from little league baseball games if I can help it. Now, Jacko the Thrilla might take a beating there.

Jackdog
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jackdog »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Yeah I saw that Dan...that's some bad sh*t...but it won't effect me any. I try to stay away from little league baseball games if I can help it. Now, Jacko the Thrilla might take a beating there.
Scott come to stay with us in Halifax. You'll always have a place at my crib! :wink:
[img]http://www.ideaspot.net/flags/Big_10/small/mich-sm.gif[/img][img]http://www.ideaspot.net/nfl/NFC_North/small/pack1-sm.gif[/img]

jimd
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by jimd »

sportdan30 wrote:And look what else happened just 40 miles up the road from you Db.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/news/story?id=2037077

Get the hell out of there man!
I saw this yesterday. Too f***ed up to even comprehend.

Boltman
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Boltman »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Yeah I saw that Dan...that's some bad sh*t...but it won't effect me any. I try to stay away from little league baseball games if I can help it. Now, Jacko the Thrilla might take a beating there.
That scares me and hits home, my buddy who lives in palmdale has his son in the bronco division playing over there at that park (its pony league btw DB, not little league).

My son plays in the same division bronco, but over here in a pony league in the san fer valley.

GridIronGhost
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by GridIronGhost »

Ahhh...I see nothing changes. I lived in So. Cal from 69 to 89, back in the day it was called driver rage. I lived in Compton, South Central, Bell, Downey, Norwalk, Buena Park, Beverly Hills and West Covina...it was all the same s*** everywhere you go. Kinda of like being in a pool and someone pissed, it goes everywhere. Funny thing is that while I lived in the drug\gang infested areas, no one ever messed with me. Not the crips, bloods or Chicanos. It wasn't till I moved to the better areas were I had a few break ins, car stolen and a child next to my house molested.

I left that s*** hole and I really don't like going back unless it's needed. I live in Las Vegas now, it was a great place to live back in the late eighties\early nineties. Now cost of living has gone up, we are prolly #1 in crime, our public schools are worthless and all the s*** from Cali is coming over here. Las Vegas is slowly turning into a s*** hole just like So. Cal. I never thought I would say that traffic is bad, but when it used to take 20 min to get anywhere in the valley and now it takes Close to an hour or more...then we have a problem. I want to get out of here too!

Come on out to Vegas were if you kill someone, you get away with it. But if you get pulled over with warrants for parking tickets, you get 18 days in jail...that's what happened to my 24 year old son.

http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp ... v=168XDXze

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/ ... 80151.html
"If I didn't want 50 percent of my income and wanted the government to regulate every aspect of my life, I'd live in California."

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

There is about to be some sh*t going down in California.

A 5.4 earthquake on Sunday, a 7.0 off the coast on Monday and now a 5.3 today. Umm...fun times. There is some major San Andreas Fault Sh*t going on and it's gonna be big. Arizona should be preparing for beachside property...and it's been nice knowing ya'all.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

dbdynsty25 wrote:There is about to be some sh*t going down in California.

A 5.4 earthquake on Sunday, a 7.0 off the coast on Monday and now a 5.3 today. Umm...fun times. There is some major San Andreas Fault Sh*t going on and it's gonna be big. Arizona should be preparing for beachside property...and it's been nice knowing ya'all.
Just sit back and crank Tool's Aenima!

Seriously though, that has got to be a freaky feeling that must sit in everyone's subconsious every day out there. I certainly don't need that added stress.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Yeah, certainly anytime something shakes you immediately think earthquake.

What's really weird is that dogs really can warn you when that stuff is about to happen. My dog, this morning, was acting really strange...like really strange. She would not let me go anywhere without me carrying her. She kept trying to jump in my lap and everything. Needless to say, I took down the 5 foot mirror I've got on my mantle. Sure enough...earthquake. Every time she's acted like that, sometime during that day or night, we've had an earthquake. They must be able to sense or feel the earth moving below us. Weird.

The mirror is staying on the floor for a few weeks now.

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Yeah, certainly anytime something shakes you immediately think earthquake.

What's really weird is that dogs really can warn you when that stuff is about to happen. My dog, this morning, was acting really strange...like really strange. She would not let me go anywhere without me carrying her. She kept trying to jump in my lap and everything. Needless to say, I took down the 5 foot mirror I've got on my mantle. Sure enough...earthquake. Every time she's acted like that, sometime during that day or night, we've had an earthquake. They must be able to sense or feel the earth moving below us. Weird.

The mirror is staying on the floor for a few weeks now.
Wow! That is some crazy sh*t. Good luck out there.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Kanamit
Mario Mendoza

Post by Kanamit »

Hey an earthquake never killed anyone. The problem is those falling buildings.
Xbox Live Gamertag: kanamit

ProvoAnC
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ProvoAnC »

move to a state with CCW...at least then you can shoot back
I have a new gamertag Provo 4569

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Another 6.6 last night off the coast of Nor Cal, so lets recap:

Sunday: 5.4 a little south of Palm Springs
Tuesday: 7.2 off the coast of Northern California
Friday: 5.2 a little north of Palm Springs
Friday: 3.4 a little south of Palm Springs
Friday: 6.6 off the coast of Norther California

Now...one might chalk it up to coincidence...but I am not. There is about to be some major sh*t going down here in California in the next couple of days. There is just a little too much pressure building up with the ground moving and sh*t. Needless to say...I'm not standing on or under any bridges any time soon.

James_E
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by James_E »

dbdynsty25 wrote: There is just a little too much pressure building up with the ground moving and sh*t.
I can understand how you feel, but I think all these "smaller" quakes are relieving pressure, not building it up. Better a bunch of small ones than one big one.

That being said, I'd be scared too!

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Isn't a good thing you're getting all these small ones instead of a big one? I thought that the numerous small ones release tension that otherwise would build into a huge equake.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

i lived in VENTURA.....

yeah.....

just thought i'd share that.