MS Flight Simulator

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: MS Flight Simulator

Post by sportdan30 »

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Been watching this guys live stream from yesterday. I was wondering how the “XB controller only” was going to work. They’ve done a pretty good job from what i can see. A simple left stick click puts you in cursor mode to navigate the screen. Looking very good. Can’t wait until Tuesday!

XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I just ordered the Hotas X stick for MSFS. I saw that Microsoft has a “Full Kit” for $199 on their site (link below). It includes the stick and the pedals. I am just going with the stick. Really excited for this release.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/d/thrus ... verviewtab
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Diablo25 wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:57 am
I just ordered the Hotas X stick for MSFS. I saw that Microsoft has a “Full Kit” for $199 on their site (link below). It includes the stick and the pedals. I am just going with the stick. Really excited for this release.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/d/thrus ... verviewtab
I bought this same kit minus the pedals the other day. What a difference it makes than using the controller. It’s really quite significant. Enjoy!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

For those planning on using the Xbox controller on MSFS…you MUST adjust the sensitivity in settings. I got these from a guy a few weeks ago and it helps ALOT. Give them a try.

Sensitivity
LS X - (-65) BOTH
Dead Zone (5)
Extremely Dead Zone (10%)
Reactivity (85%)
LS Y - (-70) BOTH
Dead Zone (5%)
Extremity Dead Zone (10%)
Reactivity (85%)
Last edited by Diablo25 on Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

PS, A keyboard and mouse is almost a necessity… Even if you are planning on using the Xbox controller. Navigating menus, etc. is 1000% easier with the mouse and keyboard
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

I’m hoping that Microsoft will add it to Xbox Cloud so I can play it on my iPad. 🤞

-MERACE

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

MERACE wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:36 pm
I’m hoping that Microsoft will add it to Xbox Cloud so I can play it on my iPad. 🤞

-MERACE
Would that mean even if you don't have next gen you can still play it on xcloud? or do you need a next gen xbox to play it?

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

X:

S:

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

This game is absolutely beautiful. What an achievement by the developers. I really had my doubts they could pull it off. I've played the PC version and this looks almost as good visually. It's so close. I encountered a couple stutters here and there, but overall the game is very smooth.

I am so impressed with the Thrustmaster T-Flight Stick X I picked up last week. At this time, I don't see a reason why I'd need to spend $150 for the pedals.

I crashed and burned a few times. I had the most success with a Cessna Citation jet, but enjoyed flying the Zin Aviation plane a bit more. It was more difficult to control, but after a half hour or so, I felt comfortable.

I attempted to fly over my house but this was at the beginnings of my gaming session. Crashed a few too many times. I'll go back another time and give it a go.

The discover mode is a cool feature. You don't have to worry about taking off. I flew around Mount Everest, high above the clouds. I'll check out the rest of the locations in the coming days.

I had my most enjoyment taking off from Chicago Midway and cruising down to the city and taking Lake Shore Drive north. I flew over Soldier Field but had trouble finding Wrigley. I came back through the city at a low altitude and flew between building that was really exhilarating. Going in to first person view made it all the more terrifying. I finally flew northwest to check out some of the suburbs and then finally headed for O'Hare. And abruptly crashed. :lol:

Much more to learn and discover, but what a relaxing and cool gaming experience.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Amazing stuff. I couldn’t figure out how to invert my “look” with the right stick (for both in cockpit and external), any suggestions? The menu’s make PUBG’s look light and easy.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Lancer wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:04 pm
MERACE wrote:

-MERACE
Would that mean even if you don't have next gen you can still play it on xcloud? or do you need a next gen xbox to play it?
You wouldn’t need a next gen console to do this. You would simply be playing the game off their servers and streaming it to a device. Supposedly MS is looking to do this. We’ll see.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

This guy’s tutorial is EXCELLENT for the “Getting Started Crowd”. It’s only 25 min. So give it a look.

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

fanatic2
Mario Mendoza

Post by fanatic2 »

Pretty impressive from what I played last night!

As well noted, the interface is clunky, but I'm sure I'll get used it. Does using a flight stick help in that regard? Not sure if it acts sort of like a mouse when you're not flying?

Managed to crash a cesna right into my house on my first flight, so I'd say it was a success :D .

One tip for console users that I read this morning is to download some of the optional updates (found within menu of game) that add more detail to some of the areas.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

I was disappointed last night when I got home. I had downloaded it over night to be ready, only to find I had another 27 gb update to download. I thought that was strange being a digital download. I would have thought it would be ready to go. Anyway, played this morning for about 15 minutes. Took off from Indianapolis Intl to Hendricks County airport just west of Indianapolis :D I flew over the Hendricks County airport and headed to Danville (where I live). Everything looked great, but I guess I was surprised that Danville looked nothing like Danville. There are some generic buildings and way more trees. I guess since I chose the satellite option, I thought it would be more detailed like the Bing maps. Is this only for the major cities? Either way, looking forward to really getting in to it tonight.

As far as the updates in the marketplace, do I still need those? It shows "Updated" on each update, so I wasn't sure. Perhaps that was part of the initial 27 gb update?

I didn't really have a chance to go into options, so I could be missing something. I am positive I selected satellite streaming on startup though.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Diablo25 wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:27 am
Lancer wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:04 pm
MERACE wrote:

-MERACE
You wouldn’t need a next gen console to do this. You would simply be playing the game off their servers and streaming it to a device. Supposedly MS is looking to do this. We’ll see.
that would be incredible if they can pull that off. I know even on a semi high end PC it has issues with framerate.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Has anyone flied over their homes? Does your home look accurate?

fanatic2
Mario Mendoza

Post by fanatic2 »

Lancer wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:01 pm
I found my house quite easily...
It didn't look accurate in terms of design. They had simply put a pre-designed house there...but the scale and size were very accurate compared to other houses on the street, so you could tell that they are working off accurate data. The driveways were the right size - little nuances in the street as well. Just generic houses - but I was interested to see that I now had solar panels on my roof!

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

https://kotaku.com/you-don-t-need-to-do ... 1847372175

Good article about not having to download the offline mode to save disk space. (XSX)
Microsoft Flight Simulator comes in two files on Xbox Series X/S, one that includes the game (42.4GB), and one that allows you to play in an offline mode (59.7GB). You can play the game just fine without that second file, provided you A) have a solid, reliable internet connection and B) don’t have a data cap.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Thrilled with the performance on my Series X, but SO disappointed that Charlotte isn't realistic. :( I really haven't followed the game development, do they plan on upgrading scenery resources over time?

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by F308GTB »

JOZ wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:56 pm
I was disappointed last night when I got home. I had downloaded it over night to be ready, only to find I had another 27 gb update to download. I thought that was strange being a digital download. I would have thought it would be ready to go.
I have the PC version. The updates are always huge, and typically you have to start the game for the updates to process, The latest update is some 40gb, so if I want to play I need to wait 5 to 8 hours. Annoying as hell.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I'm enjoying this much more on the XSX than I did my pc.

This guy does some great videos, this one is a getting started video.

https://youtu.be/2LiB4shHu5o
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by F308GTB »

fanatic2 wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:15 pm
Lancer wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:01 pm
I found my house quite easily...
It didn't look accurate in terms of design. They had simply put a pre-designed house there...but the scale and size were very accurate compared to other houses on the street, so you could tell that they are working off accurate data. The driveways were the right size - little nuances in the street as well. Just generic houses - but I was interested to see that I now had solar panels on my roof!
On my street houses with pools have pools in the game, but all the houses are one story and wrong style. But all the key features of my area are there - lakes, parks, baseball fields, golf courses. What is odd are some of the things missing. For example, Rice University has a new performance hall that opened this year and was under construction for 4 years. In the game it is still a parking lot. Yet new subdivisions are there, even out in rural areas. A high school that opens this fall is there, being built over the last 2 years.

I need to see if the Japan update I downloaded yesterday fixes it, but a flarge acility I have been to many times for work is just a big field. Yet other features in the area are correct.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Unreal that you can do this on a console and do it this well.

The next generation has finally truly arrived.