Hockey Night In DSP 2023-2024

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Hockey Night In DSP 2020-2021

Post by pk500 »

Sudz wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 10:59 am
That Tavares incident was brutal.

The follow-up fight was just dumb and accomplished nothing.
Can you imagine football if a fight started every time a player got hurt by a clean hit or accidental contact? Yet, that's the Neanderthal culture that infects hockey.

Absolutely ridiculous. The Tavares injury was an accident. Brutal, but an accident. Anyone who thinks Perry deliberately kneed Tavares in the head is a f*cking moron.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

I don't get the move to every f***in clean hit resulting in a fight in the game now. I played and got f***in rocked a few times cleanly and my teammates didn't come flying over with gloves off. They told me to keep my f***in head up.

That injury was a total fluke thing. Supposedly Foligno even said it was an accident. He should have scored instead of going after Perry.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

The Oilers.....

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Sudz wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 9:39 am
The Oilers.....
TOAST. What an epic collapse. Wonder if a sweep will cost Tippett his job.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

pk500 wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 10:49 am
Sudz wrote:
The Oilers.....
Probably not. But the usual suspects, a better D and younger goalie would be the priorities.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

10spro wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 1:19 pm
pk500 wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 10:49 am
Sudz wrote:
The Oilers.....
Probably not. But the usual suspects, a better D and younger goalie would be the priorities.
A recurring problem since Pronger and Rollie the Goalie left 15 years ago.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Man, give these players a round of applause after playing triple OT, in back to back OT’s do or die playoffs style hockey. Four games in 6 nights, that’s a lot of hockey.

You just can’t blame the Oilers for any lack of effort tonight, they played a much tighter game but still felt short. Perhaps they deserved a better fate. You can say that they overplayed D. Nurse but when you don’t totally trust the rest of your D-men there’s a price to pay.

Veteran M. Smith had a good game too but in the end the game they blew and eventually cost them the series was game 3 when they were winning 4-1.

The M. Scheifele line outplayed McDavid and Co overall during the series and it was a total team effort on their part after struggling late in the regular season. It certainly didn’t feel like an easy 4-0 sweep for the Jets the way say the Avs swept the Blues, but time to dig deep again for Ken Holland and Co. In.

In my opinion they still rely too much on their best two players and need more depth on both the offense and defense especially on the left side.

The way B. Wheeler got hit in the nuts late in the third period while trying to block a slapper was an indication of how hard the game was played tonight. That was painful to watch, yet he returned later in OT.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Some fantastic round two playoff rounds that I am really looking forward to. Avs-Knights that match up is going to be fun to watch, a war really. Isles-Bruins with BOS struggling during the season to beat NY although since T. Hall came in they even up somehow their matches.

Watching now game 6 of the Habs-Leafs game in hope that it can go the distance.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

The Avs 8O.

Also, WTF was Reaves thinking kneeing on that dude's face?

If the Leafs lose tonight :lol: :lol:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Sudz wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 2:40 pm
The Avs 8O.

Also, WTF was Reaves thinking kneeing on that dude's face?

The Maple Laughs will always be a laughing stock in my household as well as half of all Canadians. I mean what was a bigger choke. This G7 or a few years back when they lost to the Bruins? Well, it won’t be the coach, I can tell you that, so the watch falls on Shanahan or the GM K.Dubas.

They can’t move their two best players in Matthews and Marner (brutal giveaway). Both were absent during the series. Sure you can say that they missed their captain but the team was deep enough to advance at least to the conference finals. They added Thornton last season, Simmonds and a heavy price for N. Foligno at the trading deadline.

Kudos to the Habs, they were the last team to advance on the North division and some 25 points behind the same Leafs.
It’s been 17 years since they won any series and yes some heads are going to roll…

Regarding that duchebag Reaves. I hate him. He’s a dirty player, a bully, there are agitators in the game but he takes that role to the next level. The moronic level. He should be suspended for a lengthy period for intent to injure for sure.

Avs won’t mind one bit, they are the team to beat in my opinion. Along the Lightning in the East, that would make a heck of a SC finals.

ST Catherine’s street is a party tonight in Montreal.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 9:50 pm
Sudz wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 2:40 pm
The Avs 8O.

The Maple Laughs will always be a laughing stock in my household as well as half of all Canadians. I mean what was a bigger choke. This G7 or a few years back when they lost to the Bruins? Well, it won’t be the coach, I can tell you that, so the watch falls on Shanahan or the GM K.Dubas.

They can’t move their two best players in Matthews and Marner (brutal giveaway). Both were absent during the series. Sure you can say that they missed their captain but the team was deep enough to advance at least to the conference finals. They added Thornton last season, Simmonds and a heavy price for N. Foligno at the trading deadline.

Kudos to the Habs, they were the last team to advance on the North division and some 25 points behind the same Leafs.
It’s been 17 years since they won any series and yes some heads are going to roll…

ST Catherine’s street is a party tonight in Montreal.

The Leafs proving again that their choke jobs in recent playoffs are no fluke. They are not a play off team. They dont have the balls or the stomach for it.

I will be surprised if THIS Habs can take the Jets deep into the series but I could give a s*** right now.

Right now its VIC_ TO_RY!

Great job boys! The Price was right!

Go HABS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

The Leafs.... :lol:

They have a bunch of UFAs, so they can add some part to the team though I'm not sure they have the cap space for next season to add decent players as most of the UFAs are lower cost. Looks like $12M to play with now.

Keefe didn't address the team after the loss because they already felt bad enough? :roll:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

With the game out of reach, pretty senseless hit from M. Scheifele to knock out Evans cold on the ice laying motionless at the end of the game.

When Tavares was injured, it was clear that Perry hit him accidentally during the game with the Leafs, but this one was a book out of EASHL charging at full speed with a needless charge and the game out of reach. And I don’t think Scheifele is a dirty player but obviously frustrated with the result.

He’ll be suspended no doubt, he’s a key player for the Jets and they’ll pay the price. The D-line contributed well for the Habs tonight and watch out for Nick Suzuki. The kid is getting lots of confidence and scored a beauty.

Avs continue to roll in the west as the Knights played a much tidier game and still lost in OT.

N. McKinnon is a special player.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote: I don’t think Scheifele is a dirty player but obviously frustrated with the result.
Yeah the d*****bag was frustrated cause it played a shitty game but that is no excuse for behaving like a c***. I dont know its history but piece of s*** player is as piece of s*** player does.

It is a piece of s***.

Hopefully the nhl takes care of the piece of s*** so we dont have to see a circus with the retaliation bullshit that is sure to follow.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

XXXIV wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:08 am
10spro wrote: I don’t think Scheifele is a dirty player but obviously frustrated with the result.
Yeah the d*****bag was frustrated cause it played a shitty game but that is no excuse for behaving like a c***. I dont know its history but piece of s*** player is as piece of s*** player does.

It is a piece of s***.

Hopefully the nhl takes care of the piece of s*** so we dont have to see a circus with the retaliation bullshit that is sure to follow.
I knew that hit was coming as soon as Evans played the puck behind the net. If Scheifele is back next game, it will be a gong show, though there was a bunch of yapping at him and nobody dropped their gloves to go.

Luckily Ehlers cared more about the injured player and made sure nobody stepped or fell on him.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

XXXIV wrote:

It is a piece of s***.

Zero history with him so it is going to be tough for the NHL to suspend him for a long time based on Wilson, Reeves, and Kadri suspensions this season.
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Zlax45 wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:11 am
XXXIV wrote:

It is a piece of s***.

Zero history with him so it is going to be tough for the NHL to suspend him for a long time based on Wilson, Reeves, and Kadri suspensions this season.
Does he even get a hearing based on the penalty call?

and supposedly Evans as back at the team hotel not long after the game, which seems pretty crazy to me since he was out f***in cold.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Sudz wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:43 am
XXXIV wrote:

It is a piece of s***.

I knew that hit was coming as soon as Evans played the puck behind the net. If Scheifele is back next game, it will be a gong show, though there was a bunch of yapping at him and nobody dropped their gloves to go.

Luckily Ehlers cared more about the injured player and made sure nobody stepped or fell on him.
Yeah, saw that coming for sure but you don’t go full throttle to hit a guy in such a vulnerable position. The league will suspend him for sure, I am saying a game or two based on Evans return already and they’ll drop the gloves regardless when Scheifele returns.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:
Yeah, saw that coming for sure but you don’t go full throttle to hit a guy in such a vulnerable position.
You do if you are a piece of s***.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

The NHL department of player safety is a joke. Until they suspend players the rest of the season/playoffs for hits like that and many others, players will keep doing it. Scheifele had no intention of playing the puck, he was pissed and wanted to lay a heavy check.

Someone is going to die or end up in a wheel chair for the rest of their life and it's all on the NHL. People wonder why fighting is still in the NHL, this is one huge reason.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

XXXIV wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:29 pm
10spro wrote:
Yeah, saw that coming for sure but you don’t go full throttle to hit a guy in such a vulnerable position.
You do if you are a piece of s***.
I haven’t been watching the playoffs too much since my Flyers fizzled but I just saw this s***. That there is a living breathing piece of s***. Garbage.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Shades of ‘93 for the Habs…Not the deepest team out there, certainly not the most skilled one but an awesome goaltender and combination of Vets and youngster are making everyone a believer.

Staal and Perry seem to be rejuvenated while youngsters like Caufield and Suzuki are fun to watch.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Isles and Bruins are going back and forth in their series with a key win for NY tonight, still I think this series may go the distance.

As predicted, Knights and Avs are turning into a war with Vegas gathering momentum the last 2-3 games. If you want to see a lot of hitting, good skill and speed this is the series for you.

Another series that will probably go to 7.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:15 am
Shades of ‘93 for the Habs…Not the deepest team out there, certainly not the most skilled one but an awesome goaltender and combination of Vets and youngster are making everyone a believer.

Staal and Perry seem to be rejuvenated while youngsters like Caufield and Suzuki are fun to watch.
This all came out of no where. if not for the corona divisional alignment they would not even be in the playoffs. The parts were not in sync at all and Price was not doing well.

That is ancient history right now. It is all working with the young and old guys...That is a pretty bad ass fourth Line.

I am having flashbacks to 93 and 86 as well but that is a dream that seems too big at this point with the Colorado or Vegas on the horizon but for now I am enjoying the s*** out of this ride.

GO HABS!!!!!!

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

XXXIV wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:45 am
10spro wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:15 am

This all came out of no where. if not for the corona divisional alignment they would not even be in the playoffs. The parts were not in sync at all and Price was not doing well.

That is ancient history right now. It is all working with the young and old guys...That is a pretty bad ass fourth Line.

I am having flashbacks to 93 and 86 as well but that is a dream that seems too big at this point with the Colorado or Vegas on the horizon but for now I am enjoying the s*** out of this ride.

GO HABS!!!!!!
Montreal is looking good right now BUT that gaffe by Flower was soooooooo bad.