MLB The Show 21

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Gangrel
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: MLB The Show 21

Post by Gangrel »

As a workaround i shake off the catcher and make him call another pitch.
gamertag: Ace EZ

Once a Dragon, a Dragon for life!

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Gangrel wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:50 pm

That’s what I’ve been doing as well. Finally, I changed it to “rarely” but I’m surprised you can’t turn it off.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

sportdan30 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:33 am
Gangrel wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:50 pm

That’s what I’ve been doing as well. Finally, I changed it to “rarely” but I’m surprised you can’t turn it off.
Yeah makes no sense you can't turn it off.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Occasionally, I want to drill a guy for a little payback. I find trying to hit the batters is incredibly hard. I’ve only done it once on accident and not once on purpose, :twisted:
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

greggsand wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:46 am
Occasionally, I want to drill a guy for a little payback. I find trying to hit the batters is incredibly hard. I’ve only done it once on accident and not once on purpose, :twisted:
Even with Pinpoint Pitching? I drilled six consecutive batters in a game last week for kicks, getting three pitchers ejected from the game in one inning. Hilarious! :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

pk500 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:01 pm
greggsand wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:46 am
Even with Pinpoint Pitching? I drilled six consecutive batters in a game last week for kicks, getting three pitchers ejected from the game in one inning. Hilarious! :)
You must be playing as the Cardinals :lol:
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Just don’t tell Bryce Harper what you guys are up to. Imagine a 97 mph fastball in your face.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Ha, I am playing with the Cards! Also, despite having Yadi, I've yet to actually throw out one single guy trying to steal. Even if I get the green arrow thing "perfect", he still beats it by a mile. I don't want to touch sliders. Am I missing something??

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

While I am loving the Show as always, I went ahead and took the plunge and finally purchased Pro Yaku Spirits 19. I've been wanting to play that franchise forever. Game is going to be delivered sometime today.....really looking forward to it.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I just played a game of The Show on my PC using the Xbox Console Streaming feature and it worked great.

Of course it didn't take advantage of my ultrawide monitor and even using the highest in game graphic settings the colors looked a little washed out.

However there was no lag at all and it felt comfortable playing this on a PC. There really is no reason not to release this game on the PC now other than Sony being Sony.

Anyway if you would like to play this on the PC just make sure your remote play is turned on in the Xbox and then you need to be using Windows 10 and the Xbox Console App which is different then the Xbox GamPass app.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Danimal wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 10:54 am
There really is no reason not to release this game on the PC now other than Sony being Sony.
Perhaps piracy is a concern if it were to show up on the PC and possibly unofficial mods. The franchise has been part of the Playstation brand for so long that most gamers associate with Playstation. Tbh, it feels weird playing it on the XBOX.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Rodster wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 10:58 am
Danimal wrote:
There really is no reason not to release this game on the PC now other than Sony being Sony.
Perhaps piracy is a concern if it were to show up on the PC and possibly unofficial mods. The franchise has been part of the Playstation brand for so long that most gamers associate with Playstation. Tbh, it feels weird playing it on the XBOX.
I don't believe console games are any safer then PC games when it comes to pirating now days.

As for it feeling weird, not to me I f***in love it. Either Sony needed more money or MLB said release it on both consoles or lose the licenses. Either way something happened because Sony wouldn't do this for no reason.
Follow Me on:

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 1:16 pm
Rodster wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 10:58 am
Danimal wrote:
I don't believe console games are any safer then PC games when it comes to pirating now days.

As for it feeling weird, not to me I f***in love it. Either Sony needed more money or MLB said release it on both consoles or lose the licenses. Either way something happened because Sony wouldn't do this for no reason.
MLB told them to do it. Thought that was common knowledge? They want to expand the simulation aspect to grow the sport. It's making a ton of Xbox people happy and I'm sure Sony was paid handsomely for it.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 1:43 pm
MLB told them to do it. Thought that was common knowledge?
Not to me but again was just posting that you can play the game on a PC via Xbox console streaming if you want. I could give a rats ass about the rest.
Follow Me on:

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

I've lost my mind to the card collecting side of this game (which is a first for me with any sports game). They've got the gaming-crack formula dialed-in just "right". Again, what a game.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

greggsand wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 1:24 pm
I've lost my mind to the card collecting side of this game (which is a first for me with any sports game). They've got the gaming-crack formula dialed-in just "right". Again, what a game.

ya the best thing is you don't need to spend a dime to have a good team.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Xbox reveals it had to ‘trust’ Sony with pre-release Series X/S consoles for MLB

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/new ... s-for-mlb/

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

So how’s the novelty coming along for those playing the game for the first time? Still digging Diamond Dynasty (my main mode I play) and I just finished a mission that everyone should try if this is your stuff.

They just released a 99 version of rookie sensation Wander Franco and it took me about a few hours to complete. I am an All Star player and the challenges are on Veteran and Rookie levels. While it may take a few tries, this card is well worth since he’s a switch hitter too. You got until the 29th to try it.

Cool game as we approach half way thru the season.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:38 am
So how’s the novelty coming along for those playing the game for the first time? Still digging Diamond Dynasty (my main mode I play) and I just finished a mission that everyone should try if this is your stuff.

They just released a 99 version of rookie sensation Wander Franco and it took me about a few hours to complete. I am an All Star player and the challenges are on Veteran and Rookie levels. While it may take a few tries, this card is well worth since he’s a switch hitter too. You got until the 29th to try it.

Cool game as we approach half way thru the season.
I play the game almost daily. I have been playing a lot of RTTS lately but will be getting back into DD soon. My RTTS guy ascended to the big leagues in my first season. There are a few weeks left in the season. I was drafted by the Padres but was traded to the Marlins :( about 2/3 of the way thru the season. My combined stats are .370ish 25 HR 98 RBI. I won rookie of the month my first month in the big leagues. Going to demand a trade next season. Marlins suck. I play on All Star also. As usual the game is great.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Playing Live Exhibition games still is getting my rocks off with this game. Maybe that's because I haven't followed MLB for 25 years, so playing exhibitions helps me learn more about current players.

Play a few times per week. What a magnificent sports title.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

I play daily as well.

They have 'daily moments' in DD now, which is great. Every month if you play daily you get rewards, mainly some diamond players. Like this month its Zack Britton. Also, you can get a diamond Ozzie Smith and Gary Carter.

Game is good and I don't play online, just offline.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

This game still owns my soul. Mostly playing the 3 different Online Modes (ranked, BR and Events) depending on how much time I have. I probably worked harder unlocking the Ozzie Smith Card than I ever have in a game before. IMO, this is the greatest sports game I’ve ever played. What a celebration of baseball. Really appeals to a MLB geek like myself.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

I am really just getting to this. When it released I was in to Super Mega Baseball 3 pretty heavy. I tried it a couple times after release, but realized that I would have to spend some time with it to really appreciate it. Since I have been a Xbox only guy, I've never played the Show. Now that I have put SMB3 to the side for now, I can see that there is A LOT to like about the Show. The only thing I am not liking right now is I can't hit for s***. I've messed around in practice trying different settings and cameras to no avail. I had the cpu piping fastballs right down the middle and couldn't seem to get the timing down. This was on rookie.
Any suggestions?

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

JOZ wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:39 am
I am really just getting to this. When it released I was in to Super Mega Baseball 3 pretty heavy. I tried it a couple times after release, but realized that I would have to spend some time with it to really appreciate it. Since I have been a Xbox only guy, I've never played the Show. Now that I have put SMB3 to the side for now, I can see that there is A LOT to like about the Show. The only thing I am not liking right now is I can't hit for s***. I've messed around in practice trying different settings and cameras to no avail. I had the cpu piping fastballs right down the middle and couldn't seem to get the timing down. This was on rookie.
Any suggestions?
When I was struggling with hitting in my Sony days, I remember that switching cameras was the thing to do which you seem to have tried already. I was hitting on MLB 15 view I remember before adopting the full time strike zone 2 currently. Try to recognize each pitch obviously, that comes with playing more games, stick to veteran level if you can when you first start, adjusting to the speed of the delivery is very important.

Once you start reading some pitches, the key is to be patient and don’t swing at everything. Sometimes, it’s streaky you start hitting bombs out of the park on a weekly basis and at times you can’t hit a even beachball as I can attest lately in my DD games.

Be patient, find the camera that suits your vision best and stick to it.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

JOZ wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:39 am
Any suggestions?
I tried dynamic hitting and started out on Rookie and couldn't hit either. It was so strange. Either my timing was off or I simply couldn't square up the ball. Try starting out on Veteran and see how that goes. I had a lot more success.