PGA TOUR 2K21

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Re: PGA TOUR 2K21

Post by Leadfoot5 »

10spro wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:58 pm
Leyland Bay is a beautiful course John. Rainbows, water, boats and a little nice city landscape.

Challenging too.
F*ing greens.... :x

Yeah, beauty of a course though...

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Zlax45 wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:00 pm
The game is on sale this week if anyone wants it

https://pgatour.2k.com/buy/?utm_source= ... n=17703991
It's easily worth $30 I'd say!

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Leadfoot5 wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:02 pm
10spro wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:58 pm
Leyland Bay is a beautiful course John. Rainbows, water, boats and a little nice city landscape.

Challenging too.
F*ing greens.... :x

Yeah, beauty of a course though...
I played that one in a local practice round after reading some discussion about it. I did like the environment and the mixture of elements against the backdrop of the surprisingly detailed city landscape. At times it came close to being almost too 'rich' and approached 'fantasy coursdome', but it never quite crossed that line.

Leadfoot, I share your sentiment on some of the greens. I drove over a par four green after setting my tee shot down 10 yards in front of it. It kept rolling and rolling, 35 feet past the hole, just far enough to catch the "run off" and wound up 38 yards past the hole in a gulley!? I had to scramble to make par from there. I busted through two par fives going all the way through the green on the approach, and running off also. Not one of them did I do any better than par on! Somehow I still enjoyed the round.

BTW guys, I've now played 4 rounds of 2K21on the Series X and haven't had a hint of a glitch. I still struggle to score on it because of the locked 30 FPS frame rate on the XBox. After playing so heavily on the PC version at 60 FPS for over a month now; the tempo management is so much more difficult and frustrating on the XBox Series X. There's no reason the Series X couldn't run this game at 60 FPS, as it's at least 20% more powerful than my PC. I am finding that I have to play more and more courses at 1440p to maintain 60 FPS on my PC, and some of those might pose a bit of a problem for the Series X at 60 FPS.

I still think it would be fine with an unlocked vsync and as I'm pretty impervious to screen tearing. I know it wouldn't be a problem for those with a VRR capable display. I miss playing the game with my XBox One family, but as Dan will tell you, once you've tasted this game at 60 FPS, there's no going back. I'm doing all that I can to wage a campaign with HB Studios to lift the frame rate lock on this game for the Series X and PS5, but so far I haven't been able to elicit a peep out of them :(

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

Any chance we could allow for the option of turning on the meter under the golfer's feet?

As you can see by the unfinished round score for the last tournament I need some help. :oops:

-MERACE

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

MERACE wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:20 pm
Any chance we could allow for the option of turning on the meter under the golfer's feet?

As you can see by the unfinished round score for the last tournament I need some help. :oops:

-MERACE
Can whoever is setting up the DSP society tournament rounds reply to my post?

-MERACE

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

No clue if you guys have played this course or not but it has a hell of a story behind it. Give this article a read about Lido Golf Club. If it has been discussed then ignore.
https://www.golfcourseindustry.com/arti ... oak-flory/
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

MERACE wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:17 pm
MERACE wrote:

-MERACE

-MERACE
Just saw this, set the option to Open for that crappy meter so you are free to use it if you like. :P
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

Thanks Vader! :)

-MERACE

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

MERACE wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:17 pm
MERACE wrote:

-MERACE
-MERACE
Sorry Mark, I've been tuned out for a while and haven't been in here. I've been setting up the Dailies on Monday through Wednesday. And Vader is right, your wish can be easily accomplished by setting the Swing meter setting to "Open". You can choose any of the available options, including none.

I've got some good news on the XBox Series X and S front regarding this game, but I'm going to mention it in another post since it will probably trigger some discussion.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I don't know how many of you caught last week's announcement from Microsoft about their new backwards compatibility feature they're calling "FPS Boost". They're going to to various XBox One games that are locked at 30 FPS and offering Series X and S owners the option to double, or in some cases, quadruple the frame rate via a software switch on the game management page. Here's a link to Microsoft's article about the feature, which is already in effect on five games, although the dashboard update hasn't been implemented yet that would allow you to turn the feature off. That's coming this Spring, I'm reading.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/02/17/ ... fps-boost/

I tried it with Sniper Elite 4, which is a Game Pass game that supports the feature and it seems to work great with it on the Series X. I never tried it at its locked 30 FPS, so I can't compare it to see just how big a difference it makes.

I strongly suspect that PGA TOUR 2K21 will be getting this treatment based on the hints I'm picking up on the Official forum. This will be HUGE for this game on the Series X, as this game is transformed into something truly remarkable at 60 FPS. It will easily lure me away from the PC version I've been playing. The XBox Series X makes this game look so good with its Auto HDR implementation. I also like the audio production better on the Series X. It can't happen soon enough!

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

While I knew about the feature, I didn't even think about this game until I saw your post. Not sure why, as this game is one that could benefit the most of all the games I play. Hope you are correct so I can jump back in.

I tried a tournament the other day for the first time in a while. I was doing okay and right on the heels of Vader when a triple bogey just killed me.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

BREAKING NEWS on the PGA TOUR 2K21 front:

60 FPS is now in the game for ALL versions, not just next gen: https://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?43 ... layStation

That plus other stability and performance improvements as well. This comes along with the Season 2 Pass, which reads thusly:

2K and HB Studios today announced a new update for PGA TOUR 2K21 featuring Season 2* of the Clubhouse Pass and a free, brand new course available to all players – The Bay Hill Club & Lodge – available now on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, Stadia and Switch**.

Season 2 of the Clubhouse Pass, an ongoing live service featuring new clubs, new gear and new MyPLAYER customizations for players to earn and unlock, runs from March 4 to June 3, 2021 and includes the potential to unlock a variety of gear, VC and cosmetic items for MyPLAYERs, including:

Three months of new content featuring 75 levels of gear for players to unlock as the season progresses;
New Titleist gear and clubs to hit the links with one of the most iconic brands in the sport;
FootJoy gloves and shoes to take on each PGA TOUR 2K21 course with style and comfort.

The update also includes a free new course: The Bay Hill Club & Lodge in Orlando, Fla. The location is home to the prestigious Arnold Palmer Invitational, which is one of only five tournaments given invitation-only status by the PGA TOUR. The Bay Hill Club & Lodge was created by legendary designer Dick Wilson and later renovated by Arnold Palmer himself; the course will be available to all PGA TOUR 2K21 players.

I'm about to tee it up for my first round at 60 FPS on my Series X, so i'll be back as regular on the XBox Society here again... it's going to be glorious gentlemen!

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:39 pm

60 FPS is now in the game for ALL versions, not just next gen: https://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?43 ... layStation

That plus other stability and performance improvements as well. This comes along with the Season 2 Pass, which reads thusly:

2K and HB Studios today announced a new update for PGA TOUR 2K21 featuring Season 2* of the Clubhouse Pass and a free, brand new course available to all players – The Bay Hill Club & Lodge – available now on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, Stadia and Switch**.

Season 2 of the Clubhouse Pass, an ongoing live service featuring new clubs, new gear and new MyPLAYER customizations for players to earn and unlock, runs from March 4 to June 3, 2021 and includes the potential to unlock a variety of gear, VC and cosmetic items for MyPLAYERs, including:

Three months of new content featuring 75 levels of gear for players to unlock as the season progresses;
New Titleist gear and clubs to hit the links with one of the most iconic brands in the sport;
FootJoy gloves and shoes to take on each PGA TOUR 2K21 course with style and comfort.

The update also includes a free new course: The Bay Hill Club & Lodge in Orlando, Fla. The location is home to the prestigious Arnold Palmer Invitational, which is one of only five tournaments given invitation-only status by the PGA TOUR. The Bay Hill Club & Lodge was created by legendary designer Dick Wilson and later renovated by Arnold Palmer himself; the course will be available to all PGA TOUR 2K21 players.

I'm about to tee it up for my first round at 60 FPS on my Series X, so i'll be back as regular on the XBox Society here again... it's going to be glorious gentlemen!
Nice! Wish they would have had this last week so we could have had the official Bay Hill Club for this weekend, oh well the one that was set wasn't too bad of a course.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

vader29 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:58 pm
Nice! Wish they would have had this last week so we could have had the official Bay Hill Club for this weekend, oh well the one that was set wasn't too bad of a course.
I just played the front nine of the the official Bay Hill Club... it's fantastic. I didn't realize how bad the other one actually was until I saw this. Oh, and it plays so much better at 60 FPS also. They've done a stellar job with this update on all counts so far!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:24 pm
vader29 wrote:
I just played the front nine of the the official Bay Hill Club... it's fantastic. I didn't realize how bad the other one actually was until I saw this. Oh, and it plays so much better at 60 FPS also. They've done a stellar job with this update on all counts so far!
Does that mean only Bay Hill Official is running at 60fps because I didn't really notice a difference playing the weekend tourney.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:53 pm
J_Cauthen wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:24 pm
vader29 wrote:
Does that mean only Bay Hill Official is running at 60fps because I didn't really notice a difference playing the weekend tourney.
No, I've played both the official and unofficial versions and I can feel the difference in both. It helps to have been able to play the game at 60 FPS, as measured on my PC to gauge it I guess. It makes a game changing difference for me. Try changing it back to 30 Hz and take a couple of swings... and then set it back to 60 Hz, on the same hole, and see if you don't feel a difference. I did that and it made it even more obvious to me.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Played a couple rounds with the update, now that's a next gen feel with 60 FPS, you can see a huge difference just previewing the next shot with the Y button on each hole with the choppiness at 30 FPS compared to silky smooth framerate at 60 FPS.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:53 pm
Oh, it just dawned on me... the game still defaults to 30 Hz, even though it supports 60 Hz. You have to go into the Settings/Graphics menu to change it from 30 to 60 Hz. It's the top setting in the menu now, and one that wasn't there in the past, naturally. They don't do a good job of making this clear, but I haven't read more than segments of the release notes yet.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:39 pm

I went in to see this and wasn’t impressed...until I went into graphics settings and saw “60hz” option. Now we are talking.
Last edited by Diablo25 on Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Hey now!!! Wow, love the update!! Been a while since I played so I was rusty, but Vader let the field come back to him so I have the lead in the clubhouse for the weekend. Thought I was hosed with a quad bogey on 6 during the 3rd round, but back to back eagles during the final round helped out! :)

Love the 60 FPS!!!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I was skeptical that the difference would be THAT noticeable...and holy crap was I wrong. What a difference.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I jumped in to play a round in the event, unlocking the frame rate has made it playable. If course my guy had stock equipment and I was using a regular controller but I think I will invest some time into it and join from now on.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Glad to see you guys coming back to the game and to the DSP Society. I think the new 60 Hz vsync option update , which renders 60 FPS @ 4K on the Series X, and 60 FPS @ 1440p on the Series S, radically changes the complexion of the game. The swing interface now feels fully integrated into the game, whereas before it seemed to be superimposed upon it. It has surpassed the expectations I had for it, and I can say it now surpassed the feel of the game on my PC.

This is easily the best reason I've seen to buy a Series X. I know it makes me feel like my purchase of the Series X has now been validated. 2K21 at least feels like a next-gen game now on the Series X, although the XBox 360 era golfers and objects could use a next-gen facelift. Whatever the case, this update caught me totally off guard. I expected any frame rate boost improvement to come from Microsoft's FPS Boost program. I thought HB Studios was resting on their laurels with 2K21 and was already underway fully on its successor. I'm glad I was wrong!

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Wouldn't you know it, I go bragging about how I haven't seen any issues stemming from the Series X's inability to produce 60 FPS at 60 Hz, and the Shelter Harbor course at which I set the current tournament is the first one to consistent evidence of some stuttering. Fortunately, it never occurred at any point during the swing, but quite a few times I was detecting a hint of framiness, especially on long putts, resulting from stuttering. It wasn't a show stopper by any means, but it was the first sign of any problem I've seen on any course since the update.

Did anyone else notice this while playing Shelter Harbor? I really don't have room to complain as I shot my best score since the patch, but I was just a little curious if it was the course or perhaps the server. I was playing at like 10 PM EST, when the server load still seems to be a little high from 8:00 PM until 11:00 PM in my experience.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:20 am
I was skeptical that the difference would be THAT noticeable...and holy crap was I wrong. What a difference.
This was me as well. It really feels like a next gen version now.