MLB The Show 21

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Re: MLB The Show 21

Post by AcemanPR »

I checked Xbox Insider before work and was pleasantly surprised to see I got selected. Got the 35GB file downloading and look forward to trying my first MLB TheShow experience this evening.

Edit: On my lunch hour I checked to see if I could play, and while the servers were still not available, I was able to play the game offline. And now I see why all you Playstation owners were gushing about this game! I can already tell that this will be the best sports game...EVER! This game looks phenomenal on the Series X, my god the animations are second to none! Even the crowd spectators are individually reacting to things. You truly feel like you are at the ball park. And all of the different customization ways to play, every sports game should have this. I only got 2 innings into a game, but I am clamoring to get back and play more of this. So excited this is on Xbox now, with cross platform play!

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

I got in for the Series X. Long time PS player so I'm excited to see how it looks on my X.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

AcemanPR wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:09 am
I checked Xbox Insider before work and was pleasantly surprised to see I got selected. Got the 35GB file downloading and look forward to trying my first MLB TheShow experience this evening.

Edit: On my lunch hour I checked to see if I could play, and while the servers were still not available, I was able to play the game offline. And now I see why all you Playstation owners were gushing about this game! I can already tell that this will be the best sports game...EVER! This game looks phenomenal on the Series X, my god the animations are second to none! Even the crowd spectators are individually reacting to things. You truly feel like you are at the ball park. And all of the different customization ways to play, every sports game should have this. I only got 2 innings into a game, but I am clamoring to get back and play more of this. So excited this is on Xbox now, with cross platform play!
:D. One tip I would give as far as hitting - LOOK FOR THE BALL RIGHT OUT OF THE PITCHERS HAND. I know that sounds obvious but if you simply look to pick up the pitch it will get frustrating. See it right out of his hand and you will draw walks and make good contact.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Seems extremely slow to me from the pitching to the hitting....but it is fantastic graphics

Am I even allowed to say that??
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

As an XBOX guy, I'm also looking forward to playing this game. Already have used my gift card to pre order.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Zlax45 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:32 pm
Seems extremely slow to me from the pitching to the hitting....but it is fantastic graphics

The graphics are scaled down. I can’t imagine this is what it’ll look like on the PS5 and Series X. It looks last gen to me.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

sportdan30 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:58 pm
Zlax45 wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:32 pm

The graphics are scaled down. I can’t imagine this is what it’ll look like on the PS5 and Series X. It looks last gen to me.
I was playing on the Xbox One X...The pitches just seem to take FOREVER to get to the plate. I am playing on the veteran level!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Zlax45 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:07 pm
I was playing on the Xbox One X...The pitches just seem to take FOREVER to get to the plate. I am playing on the veteran level!
You can adjust pitch speed, difficulty (dynamic is cool, it gets harder as you get better), etc without issue. At least on the Playstation you used to be able to.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Finding the Beta very boring now.

I dont like the grey menus and new interface.

Gameplay feels solid so that's good.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

I never play DD, so it is meh. fun to get some playtime though. Is the interface what the final version will have or is it just a pared-down version for the test?

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:21 pm
Zlax45 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:07 pm
You can adjust pitch speed, difficulty (dynamic is cool, it gets harder as you get better), etc without issue. At least on the Playstation you used to be able to.
Nice...I found out it was the hitting view that was screwing me up.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I'm not a baseball fan, although I enjoy baseball games. After playing this tech test, I get the fuss over MLB The Show for all these years by PS owners.

It's quality. Can't wait to buy it.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

looks like a stress test from 9-12 EST tonight. I'll be on.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Finally preordered tonight, for you The Show vets, what's the best mode to get through a season playing some games and simming some? I don't want to play all 162 games as I like to get through multiple seasons. Is that called diamond dynasty? Also, did someone say they have a dynamic difficulty? What about cameras and all that stuff?
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

MizzouRah wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:08 am
Finally preordered tonight, for you The Show vets, what's the best mode to get through a season playing some games and simming some? I don't want to play all 162 games as I like to get through multiple seasons. Is that called diamond dynasty? Also, did someone say they have a dynamic difficulty? What about cameras and all that stuff?
There is a mode called March To October which gets you thru a season in like 13-15 hours. You could always just do a franchise where you sim whatever games you want. You can actually enter games mid sim if you’d like. Diamond Dynasty is their “Ultimate Team” mode like FUT and MUT.

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Jesus H, this game is all that and a bag of chips. You cats weren't kidding.

I can't wait to buy the full retail version.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pk500 wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:37 am

LOL...it's no joke. By far the greatest sports sim ever created. Narrowly edging High Heat, just because even during it's hey dey, the graphics were terrible.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Diablo25 wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:12 am

There is a mode called March To October which gets you thru a season in like 13-15 hours. You could always just do a franchise where you sim whatever games you want. You can actually enter games mid sim if you’d like. Diamond Dynasty
Thank you.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:31 pm

LOL...it's no joke. By far the greatest sports sim ever created. Narrowly edging High Heat, just because even during it's hey dey, the graphics were terrible.
I loved High Heat.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

MizzouRah wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:14 pm
dbdynsty25 wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:31 pm

I loved High Heat.
LOVED High Heat also. Seriously....loved it. When I bought my first PC in the late 90’s when I got out of the minors and was entering the work force I got High Heat on a whim because I love baseball games/sims. The graphics were...um...bad, but everything else about it was incredible. The mod making community was so great for that game. The first web forum I ever entered was the old High Heat Central. I actually have some stuff from that old site. I met Knight (originator of the Full Minors rosters for The Show) at that site. Guess who was the one who recommended The Show to Knight - ME. The rest is history!

By the way, the Full Minors roster mentioned above is exactly that. Full, real rosters of the minor league teams. It will be available in The Show’s “Roster Vault” a few weeks after release. The Roster Vault will have classic rosters (EX: The 1993 season) Fantasy rosters, Fictional rosters, etc.
Last edited by Diablo25 on Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Diablo25 wrote:
Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:42 pm

LOVED High Heat also. Seriously....loved it. When I bought my first PC in the late 90’s when I got out of the minors and was entering the work force I got High Heat on a whim because I love baseball games/sims. The graphics were...um...bad, but everything else about it was incredible. The mod making community was so great for that game. The first web forum I ever entered was the old High Heat Central. I actually have some stuff from that old site. I met Knight (originator of the Real Minors rosters for The Show) at that site. Guess who was the one who recommended The Show to Knight - ME. The rest is history!

By the way, the Real Minors roster mentioned above is exactly that. Full, real rosters of the minor league teams. It will be available in The Show’s “Roster Vault” a few weeks after release. The Roster Vault will have classic rosters (EX: The 1993 season) Fantasy rosters, Fictional rosters, etc.
OMG... High Heat Central, I remember that site and tweaking that tuner file.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

pk500 wrote:

I'm equally floored by this game on my Series X! I had played MLB 2014 on my PS4 over the years, but for some reason never bought any of the newer versions. This one is a major step forward on the Series X, and I can't wait to see what additional goodness it will have to offer on the Series X optimized version! I love the pitch and hitting system for this game... so many options for each to boot!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:36 pm
pk500 wrote:

I'm equally floored by this game on my Series X! I had played MLB 2014 on my PS4 over the years, but for some reason never bought any of the newer versions. This one is a major step forward on the Series X, and I can't wait to see what additional goodness it will have to offer on the Series X optimized version! I love the pitch and hitting system for this game... so many options for each to boot!
I saw one of the community members confirmed that the tech test was the Xbox One ver...not the enhanced Series X version. I have been play The Show 20 on my PS5 and it looks phenomenal. I am very anxious to see what SDS has in store for the Series X and PS5 versions. So glad you cats are getting a chance to see what all the fuss has been about :D
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Speaking of Next Gen! A few screens of the stadium creator are in this Next Gen trailer.

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Word is Stadium Creator is next gen only.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25