NFL Season 2021-22

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL Season 2020-2021

Post by pk500 »

Great to hear from you, Zep!

The pin popped the NFL balloon this season for me when the Bills lost in the AFC Championship. Of course, I'm watching the Super Bowl. Of course, I'd like to see a close game. But I don't really care who wins.

Maybe that's a byproduct of the most hype-free Super Bowl build-up I can remember, due to COVID. Maybe it's because my brother's annual Super Bowl blowout party is canceled, due to COVID. Or maybe it's because there's a large part of me that so BADLY wants the Bills to be in this game today, and they're not.

Enjoy the game, fellas.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

XXXIV wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:12 pm
Youre so welcome! Trust me it was my pleasure!

I agree 100% about the bears. You are all set at qb. What the f*** would you want one for?
No we're not set we definitely need a young QB which is why I didn't want Stafford but don't worry this moronic front office is going to trade for Wentz which is even worse.

The Bears aren't a QB away from winning they need a complete rebuild. None of that happens until everyone gets fired. Why they would stick themselves with a huge contract on retread QB's is beyond me.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

pk500 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:48 pm
But I don't really care who wins.
I'm actually pulling for the GOAT and the Bucs. The homer in me is pulling for the Bucs and I would love nothing more than to see TB 12 get a SB win without Billicheat.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Rodster wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:23 pm
pk500 wrote:
I'm actually pulling for the GOAT and the Bucs. The homer in me is pulling for the Bucs and I would love nothing more than to see TB 12 get a SB win without Billicheat.
Part of me also wants Brady to get his 7th SB ring. I can easily see this guy play past 45.

But frankly I am surprised that bookies have the Chiefs ahead only by a FG. If Kansas gets a hold of the Bucs passing rush, it could be over by the end of the third quarter. Let’s put it this way, if Mahomes was 100% I think the Chiefs win by at least a couple of TD’s.

Let’s hope for a good show by both teams, and I know with the time change it would much better to watch the game Live Zeppo, but do enjoy it.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:48 pm
Rodster wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:23 pm
pk500 wrote:
Part of me also wants Brady to get his 7th SB ring. I can easily see this guy play past 45.

But frankly I am surprised that bookies have the Chiefs ahead only by a FG. If Kansas gets a hold of the Bucs passing rush, it could be over by the end of the third quarter. Let’s put it this way, if Mahomes was 100% I think the Chiefs win by at least a couple of TD’s.

Let’s hope for a good show by both teams, and I know with the time change it would much better to watch the game Live Zeppo, but do enjoy it.
I took KC minus the points and the over.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Win or lose TB 12 is proving why he's the G.O.A.T.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Well, I did say that the game would be over by the end of the third quarter right?

Boy, did I ever pick the wrong team. :oops: Short passes, screen passes, dumb, self inflicting penalties in the first half just killed the Chiefs.

Haven’t seen this team dropped so many catchable balls either.

Sure, they were some dubious calls like the one AB scored before the half time show. But let’s face it Mahomes and CO just couldn’t handle that asphyxiating Bucs’ pass rush.

As for #12 being the GOAT. Why not?

Congrats Bucs fans.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Saw a tweet that this was the most a QB has ever been pressured in the SB.

Turf toe may have also bothered Mahomes.

But a few times he spun away from pressure and got in too deep. Yet that one 4th down pass that hit the receiver in the helmet and fell incomplete, he threw it as he was almost horizontal.

Still that Chiefs defense melted down, especially before the half.

Zeppo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zeppo »

For me, the story of the game was the defenses. KC’s D had too many mistakes and got caught being too aggressive on the back (probably thought the officials wouldn’t call it as tight as they did), and then melted down with frustration as the 1st half wore on. That time out at the end of the half was the aggressive, confident choice that you’d expect from KC, but it really bit ‘em in the foot as TB scored the TD on that drive.

On the other side, it’s easy to say now that KC hadn’t faced a D as good as Tampa’s all year. Did they even see a top-10 D all season besides that first game in TB when they had that insane 1st quarter? Maybe Balto. Todd Bowles developed a fantastic game plan, and the team executed it to a T with very few mistakes and almost no mental mistakes or bad penalties. It was very, very impressive, considering how incredible KC’s offense has been for the last two years. They erased T. Hill from the game, essentially. Not an easy thing to do! They had the horses to get great pressure with only 4 all game, against an admittedly weakened O-line.

Brady deserves credit for being super efficient and smart, but that D is what won the game. No one holds KC to field goals all game.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

The horrible performance of the Chiefs' makeshift offensive line due to injury and Bowles' decision to let his Tampa front four apply pressure without blitzes were the differences in this game.

Oh, and Andy Reid's clock management at the end of the first half, which gave Brady a full minute to drive for a score, was terrible. But it's Andy Reid, so poor clock usage is almost a given at some point.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

The tampa D and Brady's ability to just make simple, no-risk plays won that game. Mike Evans had 1 catch and 1 target. It was gameplan similar to the one Manning won in Denver. Just dominate on D and don't f*** it up on offense.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I would love to be that fly on the wall when Kraft and Billicheat have their fireside chat. Because TB 12 won a historic NFL game for Tampa and New England is going in the opposite direction. Does Billicheat now have a 2 yr leash if NE doesn't improve or get to the Super Bowl?

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Rodster wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:33 pm
I would love to be that fly on the wall when Kraft and Billicheat have their fireside chat. Because TB 12 won a historic NFL game for Tampa and New England is going in the opposite direction. Does Billicheat now have a 2 yr leash if NE doesn't improve or get to the Super Bowl?
I'm no Patriots fan but I believe the Patriots had the most player opt out of the season than any team. They also lost several key players besides Brady and if we go back a few years they traded the guy Bill wanted to replace Brady. So while it is easy to blame it all on Bill, perhaps some of the blame should go to good old rub and tug Kraft.
Follow Me on:

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

pk500 wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:43 am
The horrible performance of the Chiefs' makeshift offensive line due to injury and Bowles' decision to let his Tampa front four apply pressure without blitzes were the differences in this game.

Oh, and Andy Reid's clock management at the end of the first half, which gave Brady a full minute to drive for a score, was terrible. But it's Andy Reid, so poor clock usage is almost a given at some point.
Yeah with backups at key OL positions, they tried to run their usual gameplan, which involves Mahomes making a lot of big plays by extending plays or running for big yards.

Maybe the turf toe slowed him down some.

But other than Kelce, the Chiefs offense isn't really set up for timing passes, like 3-step drops. I don't think Hill is going to run too many 5 yard slants and then take contact for modest gains.

They even send Kelce on longer patterns than most TEs.

It works out great if Mahomes can extend plays but he was getting immediate pressure as the game wore on and Bucs built up a lead.

Now heading into the offseason, their two best OL are free agents and they have several players making big salaries. Mahomes will have a bigger cap number and then in 2023, his salary kicks into high gears.

Their window was to win this year or next and hope that the salary cap kept going up. But now with the pandemic, cap is going the other way.

Covid may be killing the Chiefs dynasty and Mahomes' GOAT career before they even got off the ground.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Last night was what Mahomes would of looked like if he was drafted by the Bears except in addition to having no Offensive line the Bears have no weapons like he has now in KC. The salary cap will slowly kill that team.
Follow Me on:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Miami traded their #3 to the 49'ers for 3 first rd picks. Then traded with the Eagles to jump from #12 to #6 so they should still have a shot at Chase or Smith but they gave back one of their 1st rd picks to Philly. Supposedly they had several offers for their #3 pick.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

They better be happy with Tua.

As a 49ers fan I’m very wary. If they miss with the player they pick, the franchise is screwed for about 5 years.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

wco81 wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:12 pm
They better be happy with Tua.

As a 49ers fan I’m very wary. If they miss with the player they pick, the franchise is screwed for about 5 years.
Why? They weren't gonna draft a QB this year anyway.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

The assumption is they will draft a QB because they need to clear cap space and moving Garropolo would free up cap space for giving Bosa and Warner extensions.

There's a lot of talk about the first 3 picks maybe the first 4 picks being QBs but this ranking has a couple of players between Lawrence and Wilson.

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremia ... nkings-2-0

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

wco81 wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:38 pm
The assumption is they will draft a QB because they need to clear cap space and moving Garropolo would free up cap space for giving Bosa and Warner extensions.

There's a lot of talk about the first 3 picks maybe the first 4 picks being QBs but this ranking has a couple of players between Lawrence and Wilson.

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremia ... nkings-2-0
Was talking about Miami.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL Season 2021

Post by Rodster »

Who are you guys targeting for the Draft? I would love to have Ja'Marr Chase on the Dolphins but i'm pretty sure Joe Burrows will have a lot to say about that. So since he'll probably be off the board by the 6th pick, i'm hoping the Dolphins take Kyle Pitts (Florida) who is basically a freak. Sure Devonta Smith would be ideal for Tua since they played together but you can't pass up on a guy like Pitts. With the 18th pick i'd love to see Najee Harris from Alabama.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

The Bills could definitely use an edge rusher after striking out on J.J. Watt. Their D needs to put more pressure on the QB, in general.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

What could have been if the Dolphins stayed at #3, Kyle Pitts or Chase. They took Waddle who is a freak like Tyreek Hill but some concerns about his ankle injury. Jaelan Phillips is definitely a risk/reward pick another freaky player. Probably the #1 defensive player on the board. Injuries including concussions started to pile up. If he can stay healthy he could turn out to be a prize pick for the Dolphins.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Very pleased with the Bills' first-round pick. Filled a definite need for an edge rusher.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Any thoughts on mac jones? Looks like he slimmed down a bit since that fat pic from the natty.