NFL Season 2021-22

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL Season 2019

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:10 pm
If it was up to me. I'd call Jax and give them Tua and everyone of my 2021 picks to move up to #1 and take Trevor Lawrence. I'm sure they're not answering the phone.
Justin Fields will be a better NFL QB than Lawrence. There, I said it.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

pk500 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:39 pm

You're nuts PK.... Lawrence will take the Jags to the playoffs in his first year. :P

What a Bills game yesterday!!!
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL Season 2020-2021

Post by XXXIV »

pk500 wrote:
Rodster wrote:
If it was up to me. I'd call Jax and give them Tua and everyone of my 2021 picks to move up to #1 and take Trevor Lawrence. I'm sure they're not answering the phone.
Going by history I think Lawrence vs Fields may be a 50/50 proposition.

Tua is a Dolphin for a couple more years for better or worse.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Trying to think of the last time an OSU QB did anything.

Or for that matter an Alabama QB.

Dominant college programs but their QBs haven't translated into the NFL.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

wco81 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:09 pm

Wasn't Kyler Murray from OSU?

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

pk500 wrote:
Rodster wrote:
Yeah and AJ will beat Tyson Fury. There I said it :)

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Rodster wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:19 pm
wco81 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:09 pm

Wasn't Kyler Murray from OSU?

Sorry, OSU as in The Ohio State University as they like to call it.

Murray was from OU, University of Oklahoma, wasn't he? He's made some plays but I wouldn't say he's arrived as a QB yet. Though he did great for one of my fantasy teams this year.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

The Bleacher Report and CBS Sports are putting out a rumor that Deshaun Watson wants out of Houston and reportedly wants to go to Miami.

It would involve trading Tua and Houston getting back it's two draft picks

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:22 pm
The Bleacher Report and CBS Sports are putting out a rumor that Deshaun Watson wants out of Houston and reportedly wants to go to Miami.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-tex ... son-21753/

That's all I need to even say. No chance in hell Watson ends up in Miami w/ that contract. Especially not w/ the first round picks attached. GTFO.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:14 pm
Rodster wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:22 pm

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-tex ... son-21753/

That's all I need to even say. No chance in hell Watson ends up in Miami w/ that contract. Especially not w/ the first round picks attached. GTFO.
The Miami Herald thinks it could work because Houston would be on the hook for somewhere in the neighborhood of $20 million this year. The Herald also said it would probably involve sending Xavier Howard to Houston and to that I say hell no. I say draft some top flight WR's like Smith or Chase and see if Tua improves. If Tua sucks next year then look for a QB in the 2022 draft.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:45 pm
The Miami Herald thinks it could work because Houston would be on the hook for somewhere in the neighborhood of $20 million this year. The Herald also said it would probably involve sending Xavier Howard to Houston and to that I say hell no. I say draft some top flight WR's like Smith or Chase and see if Tua improves. If Tua sucks next year then look for a QB in the 2022 draft.
Tua isn't going to suck, I just think his ceiling is mediocre...which is all Miami has ever had at QB after Marino. So yeah, I'd rather them trade Tua now for a 2nd or late 1st and draft Fields (if available)...otherwise, I'm with you on Davonta. Just would hate to see Watson in Miami, especially if it means getting rid of X. Byron Jones, fine, take him. lol

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

Did anyone else watch the Nickelodeon coverage of Saints/Bears? I thought they did a fantastic job and it was incredibly refreshing to have coverage treat it as a sports event and not the most important thing in the world.

And holy cow, Ian Eagle's son Noah with Nate Burleson needs a bigger stage, pronto.
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Just two simple words: GO BILLS!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Dave wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:51 am
Did anyone else watch the Nickelodeon coverage of Saints/Bears? I thought they did a fantastic job and it was incredibly refreshing to have coverage treat it as a sports event and not the most important thing in the world.

And holy cow, Ian Eagle's son Noah with Nate Burleson needs a bigger stage, pronto.
As long as they can TAKE that stage from the Collinsworth father/son duo, I'm all for it.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:57 pm
Tua isn't going to suck, I just think his ceiling is mediocre...which is all Miami has ever had at QB after Marino.
And we probably won't know for at least another year or two but you could be right. I'm not saying Tua is in this group but there are plenty of great QB's who had questionable or mediocre rookie seasons. PK's boy Josh Allen if memory serves me correct was average his 1st and 2nd yr and now he's considered an elite QB.

Then you have QB's coming out of college that were can't miss who basically sucked the 1st yr and are now either in the HOF or going there. Aikman, Elway, Peyton Manning. I'm not putting Tua in that group because he definitely has to move past mediocre but since the Dolphins FO are sticking with him i'm hoping he improves.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:20 pm
Dave wrote:

As long as they can TAKE that stage from the Collinsworth father/son duo, I'm all for it.
Agreed. Jac Collinsworth and Chris Simms have added little to Football Night in America. I far preferred the original studio lineup of Dan Patrick, Tony Dungy and Rodney Harrison. But Mike Florio is a definite upgrade over Peter King. It was painful when they both were on the air together in King's last season on the show, both trying to one-up each other.

Seriously on Jac Collinsworth, though. That's nepotism at its finest. He's not terrible on camera, but he's just kind of an empty suit clone of his father.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:23 pm
dbdynsty25 wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:57 pm
Tua isn't going to suck, I just think his ceiling is mediocre...which is all Miami has ever had at QB after Marino.
PK's boy Josh Allen if memory serves me correct was average his 1st and 2nd yr and now he's considered an elite QB.
That's because Allen's mechanics were ATROCIOUS at Wyoming, leading to accuracy problems. Allen's woes during his first two seasons weren't decision-making or lack of skill. Sure, he made some ill-advised throws as he got accustomed to the NFL. But accuracy was his big problem.

Most college QBs get less accurate against pro defenses. Allen is the exception because his problems stemmed from bad mechanics, not from happy feet or poor decision-making.

The Bills hired some QB guru -- the brother of Jesse Palmer, I think? -- to work with Allen all last spring and summer on mechanics. Extensive motion capture, laser tracing, all kinds of next-level analysis. Allen ironed out the numerous wrinkles and became a very accurate passer this season. Combine that with his arm strength, running ability and big balls' leadership ability, and he has elevated to elite level this season.

I'm not a Tua aficionado. Are mechanics an issue with him?

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

Agree with everyone about Jac Collinsworth, gross nepotism.

Josh Allen is exhibit A for the importance of coaching and a kid's ability to be coached. In the wrong situation Allen could have one foot out of the league already, but instead the Bills did a great job fixing his flaws, developing the obvious talent on the field, and putting him in a position to be successful.
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pk500 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:53 pm
I'm not a Tua aficionado. Are mechanics an issue with him?
No, he's fine mechanically...he's got little balls syndrome (the opposite of Allen). The last big Miami draft pick QB was Chad Henne...high hopes out of Michigan. He's got the same issue as Tua so far. Check down check down check down check down. That's literally why they had to bring in Fitzpatrick in a few games this year because Fitz will actually make the throws down the field that were open that Tua either doesn't see or he's afraid to throw. We'll see if that comes with experience. He had what, 5 interceptions this year and at least three of them were deflections off receivers hands so they weren't even his fault. I want a rookie QB to throw 10-15-20 picks to show he's actually throwing the ball. I cannot stand check down ball.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Dave wrote:

Please make Young Sheldon explaining penalties a permanent thing. I'd rather hear that then some old ref explaining what I can see with my own eyes.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/4j3w4CwnHuA[/youtube]
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Dave wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:01 pm
Agree with everyone about Jac Collinsworth, gross nepotism.

Josh Allen is exhibit A for the importance of coaching and a kid's ability to be coached. In the wrong situation Allen could have one foot out of the league already, but instead the Bills did a great job fixing his flaws, developing the obvious talent on the field, and putting him in a position to be successful.

Allen is unusual. They say accuracy is something that isn't developed at the NFL level.

Maybe the scouts will approach things differently now.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Hell of a game BILLS!!!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Leslie Frazier and the defense deserve the game ball for a superb plan and wonderful execution last night after such a dismal performance a week earlier against the Colts.

I'm starting to dream big, fellas! GO BILLS!

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I'm torn next week but I'm pulling for the Bills. It's time for a Super Bowl Championship in Buffalo.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

MizzouRah wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:14 pm
I'm torn next week but I'm pulling for the Bills. It's time for a Super Bowl Championship in Buffalo.
I think I would be sh*tfaced for a week straight.