Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by sportdan30 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:38 pm
My 14 year old nephew is dying for a new PS5...just spent 4.5 hours with 5 tabs open across multiple PCs/Laptops/iPads to finally score one from Best Buy during this mornings chaos. Ugh...but finally scored. Dude is gonna be stoked.
I've been trying to help a friend get one for his son for the past 2 weeks. What an abomination this has been. I guess I should feel fortunate I was able to get one for myself a few weeks ago. Thought I was going to get one from Best Buy a little while ago, but no luck.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

wco81 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:07 pm
dbdynsty25 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:38 pm
My 14 year old nephew is dying for a new PS5...just spent 4.5 hours with 5 tabs open across multiple PCs/Laptops/iPads to finally score one from Best Buy during this mornings chaos. Ugh...but finally scored. Dude is gonna be stoked.
Did you keep refreshing or something?

It was Coming Soon most of the morning.

Now it's Please Wait, which may turn into Add Cart.
Well yeah...kept refreshing all morning until it finally went live at around 10am PST...then it took me about fifteen minutes to finally get one in my cart (after the please wait thing) and another 15 or so to checkout. Logged in on multiple devices so it saved my cart across all of them, it was just a pain to get it finalized. It was not all that fun...but it's gonna make a kid's Christmas, so...it's worth it.

Oh and apparently Walmart is going live in about 5 min. Noon PST.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sony-PlaySta ... /493824815

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Finally scored myself a Series X this afternoon. I saw that Walmart was going to have the available for online only sale at 3:00 PM today. I camped on the catalog page and after at least two dozen "add to cart" followed by "item temporarily out of stock" messages. I finally got one to go through and completed the purchase. It list my delivery as "by January 8th", but at least one is on the way now 8)

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:57 pm
Finally scored myself a Series X this afternoon. I saw that Walmart was going to have the available for online only sale at 3:00 PM today. I camped on the catalog page and after at least two dozen "add to cart" followed by "item temporarily out of stock" messages. I finally got one to go through and completed the purchase. It list my delivery as "by January 8th", but at least one is on the way now 8)
Same! Jan 8th was a bit of surprise, but I don't care. At least I don't have to hit "refresh" on these stupid webpages anymore...
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Always nice to see people that actually want the systems be able to score them. Congrats guys.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

It's funny, I went on Walmart just to see if I could grab another for anyone and I could have gotten one fairly easily...popped right into the cart, right into check out and the button was there to place the order. Since I didn't have anyone specific I was gonna get it for, nor do I want one right now, I just removed it. Wish I had known that before I spent 4.5 hours this morning. Nephew could wait a few weeks. LOL. Oh well, now he'll just have an awesome Xmas.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:24 pm
It's funny, I went on Walmart just to see if I could grab another for anyone and I could have gotten one fairly easily...popped right into the cart, right into check out and the button was there to place the order. Since I didn't have anyone specific I was gonna get it for, nor do I want one right now, I just removed it. Wish I had known that before I spent 4.5 hours this morning. Nephew could wait a few weeks. LOL. Oh well, now he'll just have an awesome Xmas.
If you can work your magic and find me an RTX 3080 I would be happy :D
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Just a quick heads up - I saw this trick on Twitter. If gets you an additional 4 months of Game Pass Ultimate for $29.99. The link is for 12 months of EA Play but if you already have Game Pass it converts it to 4 months of Game Pass Ultimate. GPU is normally $14.99/month. I was due to start paying the monthly rate in March but now it won’t be until July.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014Q ... UTF8&psc=1
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Good God, FINALLY snagged a Series X from today's Walmart drop. Won't be here until Jan 12, but I'm glad I can stop searching and hitting the damn refresh button. F***.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

JOZ wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:20 pm
Always nice to see people that actually want the systems be able to score them. Congrats guys.
I had resigned myself to the fact that I probably wasn't going to be able to buy one until February, based on all the news stories I've read. I'm kind of proud of the fact that I managed to outdo who knows how many bots in finally getting one in my basket. There was no way I was ever going to pay a scalper to get one. I can be patient until January 8th (possibly sooner) to finally have one. I figure it'll give HB Studios the time they need to add the three lines of code necessary disable vsync in PGA TOUR 2K21, so it can run at the ~60 FPS rate at which it deserves to run :wink: I don't know that this is really going to happen, but that would be my greatest wish as a Series X owner, for 2K21 to be patched with that capability.

Those of you who already have the Series X, what has been your biggest backward compatibility surprise in the games you've tried thus far? I'm hoping that maybe Project CARS or NASCAR HEAT 4 somehow get a performance boost, in terms of frame rate.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Diablo25 wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 12:05 pm
Just a quick heads up - I saw this trick on Twitter. If gets you an additional 4 months of Game Pass Ultimate for $29.99. The link is for 12 months of EA Play but if you already have Game Pass it converts it to 4 months of Game Pass Ultimate. GPU is normally $14.99/month. I was due to start paying the monthly rate in March but now it won’t be until July.

Thanks for the tip on this Bill, I would have missed the bit about the 4 months of Game Pass Ultimate on top of the EA Play!

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:34 pm
Diablo25 wrote:

Thanks for the tip on this Bill, I would have missed the bit about the 4 months of Game Pass Ultimate on top of the EA Play!
Great find. After buying this, I'm now paid up through, checks account... January 2023. :lol:
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

PS5 Best Buy order is in a day early...sweet. Nephew is gonna be stoked on Xmas. Hopefully everyone else's gets here in the time frame you expect and doesn't get canceled.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:30 pm
JOZ wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:20 pm
I had resigned myself to the fact that I probably wasn't going to be able to buy one until February, based on all the news stories I've read. I'm kind of proud of the fact that I managed to outdo who knows how many bots in finally getting one in my basket. There was no way I was ever going to pay a scalper to get one. I can be patient until January 8th (possibly sooner) to finally have one. I figure it'll give HB Studios the time they need to add the three lines of code necessary disable vsync in PGA TOUR 2K21, so it can run at the ~60 FPS rate at which it deserves to run :wink: I don't know that this is really going to happen, but that would be my greatest wish as a Series X owner, for 2K21 to be patched with that capability.

Those of you who already have the Series X, what has been your biggest backward compatibility surprise in the games you've tried thus far? I'm hoping that maybe Project CARS or NASCAR HEAT 4 somehow get a performance boost, in terms of frame rate.
PGA Tour 2k21 and FOrza Horizon have looked awesome.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:

Could one buy this more than once (to make it year's worth of GPU)? Anyone try it?

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

greggsand wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:39 pm
J_Cauthen wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:

Could one buy this more than once (to make it year's worth of GPU)? Anyone try it?
I have not tried it, but I imagine someone has.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

What a present surprise it was for someone who was able to order an XBox Series X from Walmart last Wednesday, with an "Arrives by Jan 8th" delivery date on the invoice, to get an e-mail this afternoon advising me of a shipping status change which reads thusly:

Estimated delivery date:Tuesday 12/22/2020 by end of day

I'm totally shocked, but delighted. The only thing that could possibly make it better would be for HB Studios to announce an update for tomorrow which removes the 30 FPS cap for 2K21 on the Series X version! I won't know where to start tomorrow, but I think I'll start with Forza Horizon 4... it's supposed to be a real head turner with the enhancements its received!

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

fsquid wrote:
Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:10 pm
PGA Tour 2k21 and FOrza Horizon have looked awesome.
Was there anything more to PGA TOUR 2K21 that made it look better beyond the auto HDR? I'm just wondering if maybe it gets a higher level of trilinear filtering on the Series X?

Also, are you speaking of the original Forza Horizon, or Forza Horizon 4? I'm reading that 4 got some special enhancements, beyond just the 60 FPS performance boost.

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

I also received a pleasant surprise, my wife got me a Series X for a combined birthday/Christmas present--sometimes it really pays off to have a birthday right around Christmas! I haven't had a ton of time with it yet, but Forza Horizon 4 looks really good but the load time improvements is the bigger deal. FIFA 21 surprised me, thought it looked a lot better than I expected--one thing that made me laugh is that it appears EA hasn't changed the 'sample' images for the camera options since about FIFA 12.

I wish there wasn't an issue with the Madden Trial on EA Play, really would like to see how it looks but know I won't play much of the game so I don't want to buy it.
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Dave wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:25 pm
I wish there wasn't an issue with the Madden Trial on EA Play, really would like to see how it looks but know I won't play much of the game so I don't want to buy it.
It’s not as big of a graphical upgrade as FIFA but they have added a lot of presentation stuff. Not really missing much.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

The Eagle has landed! I'm in the process of transferring some games right now, starting with Forza Horizon 4 since it got such a celebrated face lift on the Series X. Next in my queue is PGA TOUR 2K21, Rainbow Six Siege, Project CARS 2, and Elite Dangerous.

I wish I'd looked ahead to how much of a hassle it was going to be getting the Series X added to my entertainment center. I factored something wrong and I wasn't able to array my devices like I'd planned. I've spent way more time making awkward climbs to get in back of and through my entertainment center, reroute cables, reconnect cables using a flashlight in my mouth and a mirror behind my devices and receiver, as I don't have long enough cables in most cases to pull the device or receiver all the way out and connect them. I'm one ill arse right now >:(

Anyway, I finally got everything hooked up, although I had to temporarily give up my PS4's spot to my XBox One X, which is going to be there for as long as it takes me to make all the A/B comparisons I want to make. It'll also make the network transfers a wee bit easier to manage.

One thing that did happen to me that I hadn't planned on was getting the main display res right. It kept flashing on and off when I had it set to 4K. I went back and set it to 1080p and it was fine. I then remembered reading something about it not displaying the menus in 4K, even though it runs games and apps fine in 4K? I thought maybe they would have patched that by now.

I'll check on my Forza Horizon 4 transfer here in a minute and see if I can't give it a real test!

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Is that Seagate Expansion Card still the only option for expanding the Series X?

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

greggsand wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:17 pm
Is that Seagate Expansion Card still the only option for expanding the Series X?
I think so. That thing ain't cheap!
GT = Wilk5280

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Went to bed last night still thinking that my WalMart XBox delivery was still scheduled for 1/12/21. This morning I woke up to an e-mail from WalMart telling me it would be delivered today! Sure enough, the FedEx site says it's out for delivery. I'm 52 going on 12 this Christmas Eve.... :)

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Leadfoot5 wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:42 am
Went to bed last night still thinking that my WalMart XBox delivery was still scheduled for 1/12/21. This morning I woke up to an e-mail from WalMart telling me it would be delivered today! Sure enough, the FedEx site says it's out for delivery. I'm 52 going on 12 this Christmas Eve.... :)
Mine went from Jan 8th, to 12/26 (walmart). I'll take it!