PGA TOUR 2K21

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: PGA TOUR 2K21

Post by fsquid »

The number of people playing the tour now is insane. Im in the next to last flight and probably getting demoted after this week

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

fsquid wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:08 am
The number of people playing the tour now is insane. Im in the next to last flight and probably getting demoted after this week
It's unreal isn't it? I know I got demoted back so far that I think I'm as low as I can go. I just found it easier to pick up with the Beer League in 2K21, as it's set at Pro swing difficulty. I wouldn't have a prayer with Master, which I think is what they're using for CC Tour events right now.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Update available now. No idea what it is for, but hopefully fixes the swing glitch. 6gb

https://www.google.com/amp/s/updatecraz ... -xbox-one/

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

JOZ wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:30 pm
Update available now. No idea what it is for, but hopefully fixes the swing glitch. 6gb

https://www.google.com/amp/s/updatecraz ... -xbox-one/
Sadly, it doesn't fix the swing glitch according to multiple sources. I notice what others have reported on both the PC and the XBox One X, and that is the mini scoring status box that's usually to the far left of the screen has moved about 10% more to the right, such that it now overlaps my golfer's head. Why they felt the need to move that into the field of play is beyond me. It was perfectly fine where it was!

The new Detroit Golf Club course is nice, for what that's worth.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

The update didn’t fix a thing. In fact I don’t know which direction 2K1 is heading because based on the two day tourney it was a mess. First they throw you a bunch of new clothings and irons and what have you as a package where one can pick up the game and pretty much jump the process of building your career at a cost.

The announcer was so messed up. It kept saying that I was soooo behind the leader that I needed a major miracle in the final score. And it kept saying the same thing for the first 11 holes or so of the second round as I kept looking for JOZ, but he was nowhere to be found.

Instead at that particular moment I knew I was in a battle with fsquid ,while Zlax45 was trailing behind us. Leadfoot was the other player that finished the first round.

I don’t know, maybe JOZ did play too but it wasn’t showing in my final score.

The stuttering glitch was back again, not so with the putting but as you make your downswing it screwed up my tempo several times.

I don’t know John, I don’t frequent 2K’s forums but it seems that they have taken a page out of EA sports. Let’s sell aside some cosmetics stuff while the gameplay remains unchanged and glitchy...at least for the next gen consoles.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

... and I can't believe the announcer still says "you are <insert tournament score here> for the round", when it should be "....for the tournament"... Yeah buddy, if I was 5 under for the round after 2 holes, that would be something....

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

But guys, we have all new swag!

I'm surprised they didn't get the swing fixed in this update. Hopefully they get that fixed pretty quick.

There are a few lines on the commentary that could use some tweaking.

I did notice whatever course I played yesterday in my career looked really good. There was a cool haze out over the fairway. It might have been my imagination that it looked better than before because of the Series X, but for some reason I did notice it.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

The patch made it worthless to put with the pins in. I had 5 putts bounce off the pin in my last round and most of them were dying at the hole. I'm not sure who thought this was a good change.

Replay saving still does nothing, guys shooting -18 a round in the official society but hey I can putt with Happy f***in Gilmores hockey stick.

These guys need competition and quick.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Danimal wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:51 pm
The patch made it worthless to put with the pins in. I had 5 putts bounce off the pin in my last round and most of them were dying at the hole. I'm not sure who thought this was a good change.

Replay saving still does nothing, guys shooting -18 a round in the official society but hey I can putt with Happy f***in Gilmores hockey stick.

What?? You can't just have a good golf sim nowadays! You have to appeal to the kids with new skins and accessories. You know, because those kids are playing PGA Golf :roll:

I can't believe they haven't fixed the swing issue on the Series X. It's really a game breaking issue.

I have never messed with the official societies since the first time I looked and saw impossible scores.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

JOZ wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:16 pm
I have never messed with the official societies since the first time I looked and saw impossible scores.
They have 1 society and every swing aid possible is on I think. Honestly the meter at the screen makes me play worse but I played the other night, eagled every par 5 birdied 6 holes and how no bogeys and was still 4 off the leader.

The guys at HBS have become the epitome of lazy. Imagine if there was no course creator this game would be s***. The only thing bringing me back is Jon finding all these nice courses.
Follow Me on:

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Danimal wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:51 pm

I have to believe EA is licking their chops if rumors that they might do a new golf game are true. They could have a Next gen enhanced version of the RMPGAT ready pretty quickly, but if they offer up the same lame career and online modes, it's a waste of time.

They need to steal an old TW feature that Powerstar Golf replicated even better, which is showing how your drive distance and how close you get to the pin compares to folks on your friends list under the same conditions. It makes every hole, even when playing solo, way more interesting.

It was in TW 08.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4Z-RildV7w
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I don't have a lot of confidence in EA making a good golf game with a course creation tool and IMO a golf game without one is DOA.
Follow Me on:

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Danimal wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:47 pm
I don't have a lot of confidence in EA making a good golf game with a course creation tool and IMO a golf game without one is DOA.
That's fair, but, I don't think a course creator is mandatory. I think a game sells if it has a consistent online presence focused of folks playing, not talking about how to fix it. 2K21 does pretty well here because you guys have a great group of people playing on a regular basis. whatever is good or bad about the game doesn't matter if you have friends to play with and compare scores to.

TW was at its best when the Country Clubs were going because you could move on from the "what is wrong with this year's version" discussion and just play. RMPGAT lacked any of that.

But EA won't ever do a course creator, so if that really is the only way a game will sell, then EA won't release a new game. But they will microtransaction the ever-loving hell out of your online avatar and equipment. And I expect EA mostly needs to reset the market price on licensing golf courses. What they need are reasonable prices for packs of courses like Links made famous, but it seems like that stopped being as profitable. Maybe that has changed.

I would not put a face on the cover, and use that money to secure course licenses, assuming those costs are are reasonably similar. I really have no idea. But a course creator is almost a negative for me, personally. I want good official courses, and a creator means that won't really happen. At least it doesn't happen without the chaos you see 2K21 dealing with now.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:23 pm
JOZ wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:16 pm
They have 1 society and every swing aid possible is on I think. Honestly the meter at the screen makes me play worse but I played the other night, eagled every par 5 birdied 6 holes and how no bogeys and was still 4 off the leader.

The guys at HBS have become the epitome of lazy. Imagine if there was no course creator this game would be s***. The only thing bringing me back is Jon finding all these nice courses.
One thing I'm finding with the official society is that many if not most of those at the top are what's being called "fast swing" exploiters. if they're right handed golfers, they aim their shots way out to the right, deliver an intentional fast tempo swing and if they've figured the geometry out correctly, wind up on target without having to focus on a possible slow tempo. It's weird when you play with a ghost player using this technique because it's so extreme. I guess it takes some skill to figure out how far to the right to aim for each shot, but it looks like many have mastered it.

I tried playing a practice round using the "fast swing" and got a little better with it as the round progressed, but it just felt so dang cheesy! Even if I could master it, I wouldn't enjoy playing that way. HB Studios doesn't make the penalty for being this far off scale on tempo severe and unpredictable enough. That's where they fell short of preventing it, IMO.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

vader29 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:21 am
Somebody on that staff has to have been part of a political damage control team at one point... "a swing glitch that may occur when playing on Xbox Series X" :lol: I hope this does works, but I was so hoping we'd see "added option to disable vsync on Series X" as part of the update notes :(

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Can't wait. Just a couple of daily tourneys ago, I was sitting Even on the last hole and had a three foot putt to make. It was as if someone literally took over my controller (no, it wasn't even my dog this time) and as I was about to make the putt, the glitch made me putt it 15 foot past the hole instead. This, on a three foot putter to finish the round. I should have make a quick video of it and send it to 2K.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Just played both rounds of our society tournament. No swing glitch at all.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

JOZ wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:08 pm
Just played both rounds of our society tournament. No swing glitch at all.
That's great to know JOZ. I haven't read one report from a Series X/S owner post patch of a swing glitch. That's got to change your outlook on the game. Do you also feel like your control inputs are being processed with less lag on the Series X?

I still have to scratch my head over why they won't at least provide an option to disable vsync for the the Series X and Playstation 5. It's such a huge improvement to play this game at 60 FPS and would ultimately lead to more game sales for those two consoles if they were to do it.

I asked 2K's Sport's Marketing Manager, Ramon3MR, in the official 2K PGA TOUR 2K21 forum if it would be too much trouble to ask for an option to disable vsync on the Series X. He actually came out of the shadows to answer a question about whether there were plans for a next-gen version of 2K21 to made, and he said no to that, but to me, that meant a full-fledged ray tracing, increased draw distance, object detail increased remake. He hasn't responded in two days to my question, but honestly, I didn't expect him to. 2K and HB Studios have been totally averse to discussing anything to do with resolutions, frame rates, and graphics filtering since July 2018.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

So much better after the patch on Series X. :D
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

Fun course this weekend, well done.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

Joz .... -23!?

Did you Eagle every Par 5? Regardless, great score!!

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Thanks. I recall at least one, might have been another. Just one of those tournaments where everything was working. I think I had just one bogey for both rounds. Really enjoyed the course.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

The game is on sale this week if anyone wants it

https://pgatour.2k.com/buy/?utm_source= ... n=17703991
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Leyland Bay is a beautiful course John. Rainbows, water, boats and a little nice city landscape.

Challenging too.