Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by Aristo »

Sudz wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 4:28 pm
Rodster wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:43 pm
Danimal wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:19 pm

This has to be a scam someone is running somehow.
It’s being sold by a ratsucking scalper who’s selling it on Walmart’s website. It’s being shipped and sold by Sunrise Mall. That’s the seller/scalper/cumrag fanatic.
I keep seeing a few of the PS5s I've bid on being relisted over and over. I wonder when the market will crash on resell sites and the systems will drop down a better pricing level.
When you can walk in and buy one at a store on any given day, or order one online and have it within days. As long as it takes effort to track one down, someone will be willing to do that for cash, and someone will be willing to pay. And that will not abate in any way until after Christmas. People pay a lot to surprise their kids with gifts.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

I am really impressed by the enhancements the Series X does to some of my older games. I know, new hardware we want new and amazing experiences, but I really enjoy going back to older games in my collection and replaying them. I've always been a fan of BC and still use my original 60GB PS3 to play some of my favorite PS2 games on.

Anyway, I just fired up the original Forza Horizon and wow does it look really friggin' good. Nice little showcase for the auto-hdr capability of the new system for sure.
GT = Wilk5280

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Yeah auto hdr is an amazing feature. I've said this before but NHL 21 looks incredible in hdr.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

MizzouRah wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:49 pm
Yeah auto hdr is an amazing feature. I've said this before but NHL 21 looks incredible in hdr.
I am disappointed they don’t have the X/S version, didn’t noticed much difference other than better ice degradation as the game wears on.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:53 pm
MizzouRah wrote:
I am disappointed they don’t have the X/S version, didn’t noticed much difference other than better ice degradation as the game wears on.
EA never fails to disappoint its NHL customers.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

XXXIV wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:33 pm
10spro wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:53 pm
MizzouRah wrote:
EA never fails to disappoint its NHL customers.
Yours truly,

Ramjagger

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Astonishing to me that we are what a month past launch and you can't find either console anywhere.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Danimal wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:19 pm
Astonishing to me that we are what a month past launch and you can't find either console anywhere.
Oh they’re out there if you are willing to PAY for it. And the Series X seller found 54 suckers and the PS5 seller found 6 suckers at $2000 a pop.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-Xbox ... SwEwdftyDX

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-PlayStati ... %3A2334524

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

If you want one, and don't want to go the eBay route, StockX is where I'd buy from...at least they are under 900 bucks there. It is a legit resale company that verifies and guarantees their stuff.

Series X - $720 (https://stockx.com/microsoft-xbox-serie ... sole-black)
Series S - $420 (https://stockx.com/microsoft-xbox-serie ... sole-white)

PS5 - $900 (https://stockx.com/sony-ps5-playstation ... sole-white)

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:
Oh, it's the supply chain, Dan. Don't you know that? :twisted:

Yeah, right. Nobody will push me from the position that these shortages were self-imposed by Sony and Microsoft to create more buzz and demand. If someone can provide me a list of other new electronic products with Chinese parts and manufacturing (phones, headphones, TVs, etc.) that are suffering from the same incredibly short supply, maybe I'll believe the supply chain excuse.

The AirPods Max is about all I can think of. They're already sold out before launch. But I bet you'll be able to walk into an Apple Store on Jan. 11 and buy a pair.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pk500 wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:26 pm
Danimal wrote:
Oh, it's the supply chain, Dan. Don't you know that? :twisted:

Yeah, right. Nobody will push me from the position that these shortages were self-imposed by Sony and Microsoft to create more buzz and demand. If someone can provide me a list of other new electronic products with Chinese parts and manufacturing (phones, headphones, TVs, etc.) that are suffering from the same incredibly short supply, maybe I'll believe the supply chain excuse.

The AirPods Max is about all I can think of. They're already sold out before launch. But I bet you'll be able to walk into an Apple Store on Jan. 11 and buy a pair.
Have you ever followed a video card launch? Both nVidia and AMD (Radeon) suffer from it EVERY.SINGLE.YEAR they release a card. You still cannot find the latest nVidia cards (3080 and the other variants) and it's been out even longer than the Xbox/PS5. Notice what the common denominator is here? High end graphics cards, consoles, etc. It's supply shortage. You can believe it or not, but trust me, these companies want to sell as many consoles as they can...since it's not actually the consoles that makes them money, it's the games.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

The problem is, Sony and Microsoft could make more consoles right now. But supply constraints for parts means they lose money on every console, or they have to raise the price for those that can't wait.

Holding back product to pent up demand when you are launching head to head with your biggest rival? It's a recipe to give up marketshare. Apple can get away with it, because they don't really have a competitor. So they can squeeze more out of its customers.

What I find astonishing is that my prediction that it would be near impossible to track a console down until well after the new year, which I said back in September, is some sort of surprise to anyone.

Pandemic. Political divisiveness that led to a massive slowdown of mail service. A massive drop in employment and GNP, and a winter in which we will see people starving and out of work.

My only surprise is that Microsoft and Sony decided to launch still. I guess neither wanted to cede any ground. But until we see global shipping costs for the high end electrical components drop, you are either going to get lucky or pay a scalper for a console. And if you pay a scalper, you are contributing to the nonsense.

I'm playing Control, SuperMega Baseball 3, and Dirt 5 right now. If I had a Series X, I would be playing Control, SMB3, and Dirt 5 right now. Oh, but with prettier graphics, smoother animations, and quicker load times. Yeah, I'm going to get one, but there is no way I'm going to worry about it until they can just sell me one they have and not make me preorder and hope.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

If they were purposely holding back production, they wouldn't have launched at the same time.

In the case of MS, they waited until July or so for some last bit of technology from AMD so they started production relatively late.

Sony is going for the fastest SSD parts they could get.

Sony is way more dependent on PS5 revenues than MS is on Xbox revenues.

I think the yields they're getting on their chips hasn't been as strong as they'd hoped.

Apple will commit far more money and paid to secure capacity at the TMSC fabs. Since they make hundreds of millions of devices every year, they've built up a huge supply chain.

MS and Sony can only surge their volumes once every 5-6 years. After the initial launch sales, demand levels off so they can't over committ to the huge volumes because after the first 10-20 million units, demand drops way off, unless there are big price cuts or some blockbuster console-selling games are released.

That is why MS couldn't really compete with Zune against the iPod. They were unwilling to put in billions to produce tens of millions of units for Christmas while Apple did and I think in those years, they locked up a lot of the NAND production.

Same reason Google has scaled back on the Pixel phones. They would not risk making tens of millions for Xmas and then being stuck with unsold inventory.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I'm not paying after market prices for one, and I believe at this point it is the supply chain I just thought they would of been better prepared.

I've been trying to get a 3080 RTX card an no one has them. I was told end of Q1
Follow Me on:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Fair enough. You guys make good points, all well taken.

I stand corrected. It was just so cool to be a Democrat and believe in a baseless conspiracy theory. :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Not that we should go there, but I think it is the GOP running the baseless conspiracy theory right now. Just sayin'...

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Aristo wrote:
Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:03 pm
Not that we should go there, but I think it is the GOP running the baseless conspiracy theory right now. Just sayin'...
I think you missed the intended humor and sarcasm in his post :D
Follow Me on:

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

That is likely.

:oops:

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

WRC 9 X/S is pure bliss, that is all!
GT = Wilk5280

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

Wilk5280 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:23 pm
Completely agree! Absolutely love it!

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

Wilk5280 wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:23 pm
This is about the only racing that holds my interest on the tele, I need to get back into it on the virtual stage.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Of the games I played on both the One X and Series X, WRC 9 has the best optimization and biggest next gen feel. From quality of life improvements like vastly reduced load times to the graphics and handling. Every thing is just so crisp and responsive.

Cold War ran like a dog on the One X and is pretty smooth and much improved on the X/S as well, but WRC 9's improvements are more immediately noticeable.
GT = Wilk5280

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

My 14 year old nephew is dying for a new PS5...just spent 4.5 hours with 5 tabs open across multiple PCs/Laptops/iPads to finally score one from Best Buy during this mornings chaos. Ugh...but finally scored. Dude is gonna be stoked.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Best Buy was supposed to have both system today at 9am ET, the site has been up and down all day but I never saw any go on sale.
Follow Me on:

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:38 pm
My 14 year old nephew is dying for a new PS5...just spent 4.5 hours with 5 tabs open across multiple PCs/Laptops/iPads to finally score one from Best Buy during this mornings chaos. Ugh...but finally scored. Dude is gonna be stoked.
Did you keep refreshing or something?

It was Coming Soon most of the morning.

Now it's Please Wait, which may turn into Add Cart.