PGA TOUR 2K21 (PC Specific Discussion)

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: PGA TOUR 2K21 (PC Specific Discussion)

Post by J_Cauthen »

I set this weeks feature event at Kiawah. I couldn't find a replica of Sea Island Seaside course in Georgia, where the PGA Tour is this week, so I went with something as close as I could imagine.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:03 pm
I set this weeks feature event at Kiawah. I couldn't find a replica of Sea Island Seaside course in Georgia, where the PGA Tour is this week, so I went with something as close as I could imagine.
Thanks, I'm a little overwhelmed at work right now.

Loved the Thailand course, don't know how you find all these great courses.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

Post by Greensboronclion »

Just asking but when are PC events going to start again?

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Greensboronclion wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:59 pm
Just asking but when are PC events going to start again?
I got one posted for Dec. 14th at Winged Foot West Lidar. I'm not sure what happened with the weekender. It showed a December 10th start date at Riviera, but I didn't notice that it only ran one round... not sure what happened there, but I really had my wires crossed because I didn't even play that one round. :?

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

I saw there was a patch on Xbox. Anyone know what it contains?
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Winged Foot West Lidar turned out to be quite a daunting challenge. I bogeyed three of the first four holes, three putting one of them from 6 feet. I got on a tear to finish, birdying the last six holes, but my final score wasn't that remarkable :oops:
Last edited by J_Cauthen on Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

greggsand wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:38 am
I saw there was a patch on Xbox. Anyone know what it contains?
Here's what they listed on 2K's Support page:

Addressed reported concerns of a swing glitch that may occur when playing on Xbox Series X (Xbox patch only)
Club attributes in the Clubhouse Pass will now display properly
Addressed reports that the difficulty settings may not save correctly in Online Societies.

The Series X version patch to fix the swing animation glitch is said to be working very well. I'm surprised they didn't get a little more extensive with this patch, unless they're just not taking credit for all they did with this latest update. I tried playing the XBox One X version again after the patch and I honestly couldn't tell any difference in the way it played, but we never had the swing animation glitch/skipping problem on it that the Series X and S were having.

I will say that I found the tempo to be more difficult to manage on the XBox One X version, after playing the PC version exclusively for three weeks. The difference that 60 FPS (PC) versus 30 FPS (XBox One X) makes in the feel of this game cannot be understated. I'm holding on to a faint hope that HB Studios will add the three lines of code needed (according to Microsoft's Backward Compatibility Team) to get rid of the 30 FPS cap.
Last edited by J_Cauthen on Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

[deleted... duplicate]

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

Post by Greensboronclion »

Thanks Jon. :)

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

Fun course this weekend, well done.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I've been extremely busy so unless I schedule out a week in advance I don't remember to do it. Also Jon seems to find the better courses and new courses and idk how to stay plugged into that.

My original intent was to mimic the Xbox society by playing the tour events on weekends but no one seems to want to do multi round events anyway. So if Jon just wants to plug in single events for now be my guest and when the real 2021 tour season begins I will go back to posting weekend events.

If Jon doesn't have time for that then let me know and I will preschedule the weeks in advance.
Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:54 am
I've been extremely busy so unless I schedule out a week in advance I don't remember to do it. Also Jon seems to find the better courses and new courses and idk how to stay plugged into that.

My original intent was to mimic the Xbox society by playing the tour events on weekends but no one seems to want to do multi round events anyway. So if Jon just wants to plug in single events for now be my guest and when the real 2021 tour season begins I will go back to posting weekend events.

If Jon doesn't have time for that then let me know and I will preschedule the weeks in advance.
Dan, I like the idea of following the PGA TOUR when we have one to follow, and we have a viable replica of the venue to play on the game... most of the time they are. It seems like we're getting more participation when we do the two round, four day weekenders... with one exception. I think when the real TOUR is in a major championship, more people are wired up for more golf and are more likely to follow through with a 72 hole tournament for the given major.

As for finding courses, I've got a number of sources and means for finding courses, from people PM'ing me to recommend a course, to reading and viewing course previews on the HB and 2K forums, occasionally finding one on Reddit as well. We've honestly got more quality courses than we can play; it's a good problem to have, and I enjoy scouting them out. I took an early retirement so I've got more time to devote to it and will gladly fill whatever role is needed to keep it going.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I'd be happy for you to fill out the rounds from now until the end of the year. I don't consider the new PGA season to really kick off to the Sentry at Kapalua on Jan. 7th.
Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

In my rapturous joy following the update that allowed 60 FPS 2K21 performance on my XBox Series X, I totally neglected the PC version, and haven't set any tournaments this week. I'll a 36 holer at Sawgrass, starting tonight at 8:00 PM EST, to run through the weekend. Beyond that, I think I'm done with the PC version, at least on a Society competition level, as the Series X is now surpassing my 2K21 experience on the PC, with the 60 Hz vsync option. There wasn't but three of us playing this Society consistently anyway, so unless Danimal wants to revive it, it'll be put out to pasture.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Yeah I just don't have the time. I mean if we could schedule the events from a web interface without having to launch the program that would be one thing but I'm in Ed Tech sales and I'll be busy until July.
Follow Me on: