NHL 21 News

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NHL 21 News

Post by sportdan30 »

I know I shouldn't say this, but I'm having quite a bit of fun with this game. Made a few little changes and it plays great.

Anyways, since yesterday evening, I haven't been able to log in and play. Is there something going on with the EA servers?

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I played The Yard in Madden last night without any issues.

Well, without any issues other than getting beaten. Did win one dumb game when i was losing 9-7 and my opponent was trying to score, when he could just run the ball. He had first and goal inside my five, and after three incomplete passes with me blitzing him, I backed off a blitzer and picked him off. It was the last play of the game. If it was incomplete, I lose 9-7.

This game had a INT bonus, so the it was worth 3 points. We played a pretty defensive battle, and he fought all the way down to the last possible play, just to give the game away, and I won 10-9.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Looks like I just needed to restart my WiFi network.

Got another game in against the Blackhawks. Fun competitive game. Nice to see the ping pong passing for the most part is not as present as it’s been in the past.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

As a franchise mode player, it's the best console hockey game I've ever played and my old butt has been playing console hockey since the Atari. :)

Neutral zone play, AI teammates that actually play their positions, a huge variety of goals. It's like I'm actually watching the sport, they did a fantastic job this year and I hope they don't jack it up with a patch/tuner.

I'm in the cellar with the Blues but it's fun playing.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

MizzouRah wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:47 pm
As a franchise mode player, it's the best console hockey game I've ever played and my old butt has been playing console hockey since the Atari. :)

Neutral zone play, AI teammates that actually play their positions, a huge variety of goals. It's like I'm actually watching the sport, they did a fantastic job this year and I hope they don't jack it up with a patch/tuner.

I'm in the cellar with the Blues but it's fun playing.
I once played out an entire season with Activision ice hockey for the Atari. Got the NHL schedule out of hockey digest and played every single game and playoffs. I think there were only 21 teams in the league at the time but still played every single game. Whatever team was the home team was the team i played as.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

tjung0831 wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:27 pm

I once played out an entire season with Activision ice hockey for the Atari. Got the NHL schedule out of hockey digest and played every single game and playoffs. I think there were only 21 teams in the league at the time but still played every single game. Whatever team was the home team was the team i played as.
That is awesome! I loved Blades of Steel on the NES.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

NHL Rewind (NHL 94) is free now via ea play or xb game pass.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Lancer wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:59 am
It's jarring with current players lol. But still dope none the less.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:13 pm
Lancer wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:59 am
It's jarring with current players lol. But still dope none the less.
I made it less than 5 minutes before deleting the game.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

gamepass has nhl 21 free this tuesday.

I haven't played franchise in this series for several years. only play online versus for a quick hockey fix in nhl 20.

how does this game compare to 20 in terms of gameplay offline? How is it online as well in versus?

Haven't done NHL HUT in like 4 years . I went all out the time I did it but really lost interest. Any reason to try HUT again or is it the same? I think they took out offline seasons a few years ago so thats why i never went back.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

It's better offline as far as teammate AI, they are much better now playing their positions so you don't have to switch players as much. Trade deadline in franchise mode is pretty cool. Goalies are also better overall. Other than that, the presentation and much of the gameplay is the same.

Lancer
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Lancer »

MizzouRah wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:43 pm
It's better offline as far as teammate AI, they are much better now playing their positions so you don't have to switch players as much. Trade deadline in franchise mode is pretty cool. Goalies are also better overall. Other than that, the presentation and much of the gameplay is the same.
ok thanks. i'll give it a go. on nhl 20 i always played w/ the volume muted since that annoucer gave me anxiety whenever i played. guess i'll do the same in 21. Too bad they got rid of NBC/Doc Emerick Those years they had that presentation it really made the game feel authentic.