PGA TOUR 2K21

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: PGA TOUR 2K21

Post by J_Cauthen »

I probably should have changed the greens speeds to medium, especially since they're playing a very wet course in November.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Game definitely plays smoother for me on the new Xbox, tried a single player round and the load times between holes are completely gone. Played the DSP Masters 4 rounder all in one sitting, was -14 through the first two rounds, didn't get a bogey until the third round and the 9th hole pins on both the 3rd and 4th rounds killed me with I think was a triple and a quad bogey as my chips kept rolling back off the green and I ended up tied with Leadfoot after saving a par on the final hole of the 4th round.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

vader29 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:36 pm
Game definitely plays smoother for me on the new Xbox, tried a single player round and the load times between holes are completely gone. Played the DSP Masters 4 rounder all in one sitting, was -14 through the first two rounds, didn't get a bogey until the third round and the 9th hole pins on both the 3rd and 4th rounds killed me with I think was a triple and a quad bogey as my chips kept rolling back off the green and I ended up tied with Leadfoot after saving a par on the final hole of the 4th round.
Are you not experiencing the occasional swing animation frame skips? I've seen videos where the golfer animation in the backswing will skip from like 20% to 100%, on both full swings and putts. It's usually fatal on the putts from what I can see.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:45 pm
vader29 wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:36 pm
Are you not experiencing the occasional swing animation frame skips? I've seen videos where the golfer animation in the backswing will skip from like 20% to 100%, on both full swings and putts. It's usually fatal on the putts from what I can see.
I did see that twice in the 4 rounds I played at the Masters, both were putts that I was able to cancel out of the swing.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Since changing the refresh rate setting in my Series X from 60hz - 120hz (you must have one of the newer TVs for this) things seem smoother. I didn’t realize I needed to do this manually until XXXIV mentioned it to me. The variable refresh rate (VRR) ability on my Sony X900H hasn’t been added via firmware update yet. It did the get the 120 hz update about 2 weeks ago. I am not positive, but I think the VRR ability would have set my Series X to 120 hz automatically. XXXIV told me his new Samsung DID do it for him automatically. Anyways, the game seems smoother. I am having more “Fast” tempo swings than ever. In my small my that means it has gotten smoother.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I haven't played recently on the XBox One X as I've just reached my breaking point trying to manage the tempo at 30 FPS. I've been playing a lot on the PC version on my gaming PC at 60 FPS, and I've gotten spoiled by the feedback I get there. I hit more FIRs and GIRs in Pro difficulty on the PC, than I get in Pro-Am on the XBox One X. I just about made a new wall hanging out of my controller in my last One X round, so I figured I'd better hang it up for a while. If HB Studios provides an update to enable Series X owners to run it at 60 FPS, as they could do be disabling vsync or offering a 60 Hz vsync setting, I'll be back in business full time on the XBox version again. I'll keep the tournaments going here in the meanwhile.

Also for this weeks feature tournament, I set it at Kiawah. I couldn't find a replica of Sea Island Seaside course in Georgia, where the PGA Tour is this week, so I went with something as close as I could imagine.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Am I missing something? Yesterday, I did not see Conner Falls. Just browsed for today’s daily and even though I do see Wallasey GC, when I click on the course it doesn’t invite me to play it. (Seems to be over already, has the timing changed?)

BTW, thanks John for setting up the events despite your absence on the console side.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

10spro wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:25 pm
Am I missing something? Yesterday, I did not see Conner Falls. Just browsed for today’s daily and even though I do see Wallasey GC, when I click on the course it doesn’t invite me to play it. (Seems to be over already, has the timing changed?)

BTW, thanks John for setting up the events despite your absence on the console side.
I'll check on that James... I do recall there being some quirk about getting the game to accept the date when I was setting this up.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Thanks for advising me of the schedule snafu James. I must not have hit the "Create Event" button after I set it up yesterday. I usually go back the the Schedule tab and make sure it's showing when I'm done... I did not do that yesterday. Anyway, it's up now and will run through Sunday. It's two rounds at Kiawah, which I figured might be as close to Sea Island (site of this week's PGA event) as I could get.

I'm planning to be back on the XBox version once I get a Series X AND HB Studios provides an update to either disable vsync or lock it at 60 Hz, so that the game can be played at 60 FPS. I'm now spoiled rotten by the feel of this game at 60 FPS on my PC, and it's getting harder to ignore over time. I've got a feeling that HB Studios is going to do something to allow PS5 and Series X owners to run with Freesync and VRR. The PS5 should have VRR support soon, if not already... I can't confirm that with the conflicting reports I read. I don't think they're going to be able to ignore the noise they're getting to do this.

Even though I don't yet own a VRR capable display... or heck, even a Series X at this point, if HB Studios does what I think they'll do in the interest of VRR, they'll offer an option to disable vsync, to allow the VRR to do its thing. That would mean variable frame rates, probably between 55 and 70 FPS or so from the Series X at 4K. The biggest complaint about unlocked vsync on a non Freesync or VRR capable display is screen tearing. I'm one of those who has to be looking for screen tearing to find it in most cases, and the TGC/PGA TOUR series has always been very difficult for me to spot. I have to know where to look on the screen and what to look for to notice it.

What I'm saying in a nutshell is I will be fine with an unlocked vsync on my 60 Hz display, with whatever degree of screen tearing that might entail, until I can buy a VRR capable display... I can't describe in words how much better this game feels, looks, and plays at 60 FPS, screen tearing or not. I realize that most people aren't as insensitive to screen tearing however, so your mileage may vary.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I don’t know what they’ve done John on the newer console or haven’t done in fact, because the weekend tournament was almost unplayable for me. Forget the fact there was some suspicious pins locations for a moment, but during putting and on my way to downswing, I experienced some slow downs and stuttering in the game. And yes it did make a difference on my final score as it affected my swing in at least four-five holes per round.

I am not the most technically savvy on what needs to be done, but I just did not have controls on my swing in a bunch of holes for the weekender.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

This is the putt framerate glitch that I couldn't back out of in a round this past week, seem to be getting them twice a round now.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

vader29 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:56 pm
This is the putt framerate glitch that I couldn't back out of in a round this past week, seem to be getting them twice a round now.

Yup, getting it occasionally too on my Series X.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

You guys with the Series X are reporting the same issues I'm reading far and wide from many others. It's a shame that the developer hasn't acknowledged it and indicated that they are at work on a fix. I do know that they know about it from their quasi community manager, Keith, but that haven't apparently said much to him about when to expect a fix. That putting glitch is fatal though!

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I'm trying to whittle down the possibilities for this swing animation glitch that people are seeing on the Series X and S with PGA TOUR 2K21. Have any you seen it occur when playing an "Official" course? There's a theory from one user now that it's course related, and I don't recall anyone saying it had happened to them on an official course.

If it has happened on an Official course, I'd be curious to learn whether or not it would happen on that same Official course when playing in "Offline" mode? That would remove the network component if it didn't, I would think.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:29 am
I'm trying to whittle down the possibilities for this swing animation glitch that people are seeing on the Series X and S with PGA TOUR 2K21. Have any you seen it occur when playing an "Official" course? There's a theory from one user now that it's course related, and I don't recall anyone saying it had happened to them on an official course.

If it has happened on an Official course, I'd be curious to learn whether or not it would happen on that same Official course when playing in "Offline" mode? That would remove the network component if it didn't, I would think.
Not sure if yesterday’s daily course was official or not John, but the same glitch was there albeit not as frequent as the weekender event.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

I had it glitch swinging a lot on drives in yesterdays course, couldn't bring myself to finish the round it was that bad, this game goes back on the shelf for me until a patch comes out.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

10spro wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:32 pm
Not sure if yesterday’s daily course was official or not John, but the same glitch was there albeit not as frequent as the weekender event.
It wasn't an official course; you're speaking of Kernow Cliffs, right?

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

vader29 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:19 pm
I had it glitch swinging a lot on drives in yesterdays course, couldn't bring myself to finish the round it was that bad, this game goes back on the shelf for me until a patch comes out.
Kernow Cliffs is a popular course, but your's and apparently James' rounds made the third and fourth reports I've heard from Series X owners of having swing animation glitches there. Work came through Twitter today that HB Studios is working on it, but no idea of when the fix will be in.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

Just got back from tgiving. No tourney?

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

fsquid wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:38 pm
Just got back from tgiving. No tourney?
I blew it... I thought I had set one Wednesday evening and then went out of town for a couple of days. I just found out this evening that I hadn't set one, as I was going in to set tomorrow's tournament. Sorry about that...

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Played at the Riviera over the weekend. For the first time since I got the series X, I gotta admit that I did not experienced any slowdowns, stuttering or frame issues. Maybe my new tv made miracles, maybe the servers were great, but it was pretty smooth for me. Didn’t shoot anything spectacular but it wasn’t glitchy like the past tournaments.

Any news of a future patch?

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

I haven't hooked up my Series X yet, but I'm looking forward to playing this and seeing if there is any difference.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

fsquid wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:01 am
I haven't hooked up my Series X yet, but I'm looking forward to playing this and seeing if there is any difference.
Be prepared to experience some sporadic swing animation glitches. It seems most Series X owners are able to abort the glitchy swings when they occur on full swings, but I'm told it's much more difficulty to abort a glitchy putt. Supposedly, HB Studios is working on a fix for it, but that's all I know at this point.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:02 pm
fsquid wrote:
Be prepared to experience some sporadic swing animation glitches. It seems most Series X owners are able to abort the glitchy swings when they occur on full swings, but I'm told it's much more difficulty to abort a glitchy putt. Supposedly, HB Studios is working on a fix for it, but that's all I know at this point.
Guess I'll play my TGC tour rounds before I swapped it out

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

fsquid wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:53 pm
J_Cauthen wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:02 pm
fsquid wrote:
Guess I'll play my TGC tour rounds before I swapped it out
I'm hearing that "The Sand Pit" course is notorious for having the swing glitch on the Series S and X. It's one of the courses being used in one of the TGC Tour events this week. I play in The Beer League, and we're at "The Raquet Club" this week.