Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

kevinpars
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by kevinpars »

I will be coming up from an Xbox One S, so I expect to get noticeably better graphics and load speeds. I was late to this generation and started with a Playstation and then got the One S about a year ago. I have to say that for some reason I really enjoy the sports games more on the xbox - not sure if it is the controller or the comfort level or what. Only sports game that really ate up my time on the Playstation was the Show. I just hope the Show translates to the xbox when it comes out in 2021. But loading speed will make a difference. Playing RDR2 with 2 minute plus load times is just painful....

I don't expect to ever get a new console and have the same feeling I got when I first loaded NFL 2K in the Dreamcast. It was great lucking into a 360 early by hitting Target near work every day at open, but it wasn't until Oblivion dropped that I really fell in love. Of course that was shortly followed by the red circle of death.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

AcemanPR wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:40 pm
Until last night, my Xbox Series X has performed flawlessly. Last night I was browsing the Microsoft Store after about 3 hours of gaming on it and about halfway through scrolling the Black Friday sale section, the Xbox completely shut down. Oddly my controller didn't fully shut off. Fast forward to my lunch hour, I fired up Cold War and halfway through the 2nd game, it started lagging pretty bad then all of a sudden, the whole system shuts down again. At this point I am a bit concerned. I had a few minutes left of my lunch hour so I started up the Xbox and played Tetris Connected and it played fine. Still, being quite concerned, I start investigating on the web, and it seems to be a common occurrence after a console update was sent out on Friday. Hopefully Microsoft is aware and a fix gets pushed out ASAP.
Don’t know if you’re playing Cold War in a disc format, but on MP it’ll crash your X constantly. That’s the only game I had problems with and once I switched to a digital version it was fine. Hope it’ll sort things out for you.

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

10spro wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:22 pm
AcemanPR wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:40 pm
Until last night, my Xbox Series X has performed flawlessly. Last night I was browsing the Microsoft Store after about 3 hours of gaming on it and about halfway through scrolling the Black Friday sale section, the Xbox completely shut down. Oddly my controller didn't fully shut off. Fast forward to my lunch hour, I fired up Cold War and halfway through the 2nd game, it started lagging pretty bad then all of a sudden, the whole system shuts down again. At this point I am a bit concerned. I had a few minutes left of my lunch hour so I started up the Xbox and played Tetris Connected and it played fine. Still, being quite concerned, I start investigating on the web, and it seems to be a common occurrence after a console update was sent out on Friday. Hopefully Microsoft is aware and a fix gets pushed out ASAP.
Don’t know if you’re playing Cold War in a disc format, but on MP it’ll crash your X constantly. That’s the only game I had problems with and once I switched to a digital version it was fine. Hope it’ll sort things out for you.
I have the digital version of the game and it seems to just be isolated for that game, although some people are reporting the same crash browsing the store as well. Last night I played a healthy dose of Assassin's Creed Valhalla, some Modern Warfare, and Tetris Connected with no crashes at all. So I'm pretty confident the machine itself is fine and there are some memory leak bugs with some software updates.

TheGamer
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by TheGamer »

Whats up gentlemen. Long time no post but obviously I have been lurking. Been interesting to see the thoughts on the new systems.

Well if anyone is looking, if you are a Sam's Club member they have a PS5 bundle with an extra controller, Spiderman and a month of PS plus for $640. Its been up longer than any offer I've seen. First time I was able to grab one.

Hope all is well with everyone.
XBL gamertag:SecondACR Vet
PSN: BHoward1
http://community.2ksports.com/community ... id=1010465
http://twitter.com/ BradHowardSr

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

The Show plays sooooo smoothly now on the PS5. Looking forward to seeing how far they can take this series on the PS5 and XSX. It's going to be visually stunning.

Enjoying the heck out of Miles Morales and Ghost of Tsushima. GOT could possibly be my game of the year. Enjoying the story and it controls so nicely. Great implementation from the developers with the controller too.

Knock on wood. I haven't experienced any quality issues with either console.

NBA 2K21 plays such a better game than on the PS4 and Xbox One.

Double hernia surgery is no joke. Damn, it's painful. It does allow me to play video games without getting the side eye from the wife. :wink:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Not to throw this off topic but any of you guys hear from Terry lately? We used to talk and game regularly and I know he got into sim racing big time but I've sent him several messages and I have not heard back and he is no longer on any of my friends lists etc. His absence in this thread is also a bit unusual.

Just friendly concern with the Pandemic and all.

Thanks
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

sportdan30 wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:46 pm
The Show plays sooooo smoothly now on the PS5. Looking forward to seeing how far they can take this series on the PS5 and XSX. It's going to be visually stunning.
I don't think the graphical leap from the PS3 to the PS4 was all that great. I remember when it was released on the PS4 I was thinking wow, I expected more, the players beards looking like clay models didn't help the immersion factor. The PS4 did allow the devs to add some more detail to the game i.e. crowds and such but overall I felt the game looked pretty close graphically on the PS3 and PS4. Let's hope the game looks awesome in 4K.

Oh and sorry to hear about your hernia.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

No sooner it went live tonight at 9PM ET it was out of stock. Literally went live, add to cart, sorry this item is out of stock

**edit**

heh, went back to try again on the app for kicks. Was able to get one for local pick up on Wed Dec 2. What are the odds it doesn't get X'd, literally lol
GT = Wilk5280

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I was in there with you Wilk. I had my ReCaptcha app in operation and my Auto-Refresh Chrome extension set for 3 sec, as I was on the website's Series X store page. It showed stock available, but by the time I clicked on the "Add to Cart" button, it came up and said "This item is temporarily out of stock". Two more times it showed stock and again, as soon as I clicked "Add to Cart", it said it was back out of stock again.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Danimal wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:00 pm
Not to throw this off topic but any of you guys hear from Terry lately? We used to talk and game regularly and I know he got into sim racing big time but I've sent him several messages and I have not heard back and he is no longer on any of my friends lists etc. His absence in this thread is also a bit unusual.

Thanks
Hope all is alright with Terry and his family.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

I had zero luck on the Walmart website. s*** is ridiculous
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

tjung0831 wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:47 pm
I had zero luck on the Walmart website. s*** is ridiculous
I got one (for my boss) after numerous refreshes.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:22 pm
I was in there with you Wilk. I had my ReCaptcha app in operation and my Auto-Refresh Chrome extension set for 3 sec, as I was on the website's Series X store page. It showed stock available, but by the time I clicked on the "Add to Cart" button, it came up and said "This item is temporarily out of stock". Two more times it showed stock and again, as soon as I clicked "Add to Cart", it said it was back out of stock again.
There's no Catcha on the Walmart site. If there was, the bots presumably wouldn't be scarfing them all up.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

I was able to snag one on Walmart. Same old s*** the first few tries then everything went through. I received the confirmation email as well. Mine also shows pickup by Dec 2nd. We will see what happens.

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

Danimal wrote:

Thanks
He mentioned having life stuff come up to keep him out of commission on a sim racing discord earlier this month, share the concern and hope everything takes a turn for the better.
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

wco81 wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:30 pm
J_Cauthen wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:22 pm
There's no Catcha on the Walmart site. If there was, the bots presumably wouldn't be scarfing them all up.
Somebody told me it wouldn't hurt to have ReCaptcha running in the background, just in case. It wouldn't have mattered based on what I saw. It's interesting that I twice got as far as the "Add to Cart" button, the rest of the time it was "Out of Stock", or "Oh Deer.. too many of our customers are trying to take advantage of our savings right now".

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:

Thanks
Geez, good point. Terry has been absent lately. Hope he's OK!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Gamestop will have some XSX and PS5's starting Nov.27th at 7am.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/games ... 0-6484207/

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Dave wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:34 am
Danimal wrote:

Thanks
He mentioned having life stuff come up to keep him out of commission on a sim racing discord earlier this month, share the concern and hope everything takes a turn for the better.
He hasn't posted here since September 11, but at least you heard from him earlier this month. Isn't he in Houston now? I share in the hope that all is well with him and hope we hear from him soon!

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

BestBuy.com has XBSXs right now (11am)
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Diablo25 wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:05 pm
BestBuy.com has XBSXs right now (11am)
I was just going to post the same thing. ;)
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

My Best Buy XSX order was supposed to be ready for pickup today but it hasn't changed from preparing for pickup. Odd... they are open until 11pm tonight for curbside pickup but who knows what the status is at this point.

Now it says delayed and if it's not at the store by Dec 5th it will be cancelled. Why the F would I get an order confirmation if they didn't have the product in stock? This is such a fraken chore getting a next gen console.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:05 am
He hasn't posted here since September 11, but at least you heard from him earlier this month. Isn't he in Houston now? I share in the hope that all is well with him and hope we hear from him soon!
I haven't heard from him since August 24th actually. He lives in Seabrook Texas I believe. I know of a few of his friends from online playing D2, I'll try shooting them a message.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

MizzouRah wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:09 pm
My Best Buy XSX order was supposed to be ready for pickup today but it hasn't changed from preparing for pickup. Odd... they are open until 11pm tonight for curbside pickup but who knows what the status is at this point.

Now it says delayed and if it's not at the store by Dec 5th it will be cancelled. Why the F would I get an order confirmation if they didn't have the product in stock? This is such a fraken chore getting a next gen console.
I wrote this in September over at OS:
To be honest. If anyone is going to get upset if the console is late, this was a bad year to preorder. There is pandemic going on, and the release date is a week after a highly contentious presidential election that runs the risk of violence. And since a massively slowed down mail system is part of that story, you are going to see overflow affecting other carriers.

I'm not saying consoles will be late. But I would put the reliability of a console delivery hitting that date at around 50%. I don't assume anything anymore, until it has arrived. My wife has been dealing with this with her yarn orders. It's just gotten weird.
Another problem buyers will face is that the costs of production are up due the parts being harder to get and shipping becoming less reliable. Sony and Microsoft will literally hold back on making consoles until costs get back under control.

Seriously, I will not put a single bit of effort in buying a console until I can walk in a buy one. I don't begrudge anyone that wants to go through the effort to get one, because we wants what we wants, but this this easily predicted to be a shitshow of a launch for months, and conditions have only gotten worse.

I'm not going to stress out on a console that will literally only play the same games I can play now. The upgrade and features are great, and I want them, but I don't like waiting in lines and guessing when things will be available. I'm sure best Buy and Amazon will let me know when I can get a console off the shelf or shipped that day. Definitely not ordering a console that has not arrived at the warehouse, yet.

I'm kinda assuming I might be able to get a console for my birthday, in May. Until then, I will play all the same games as the folks playing on next gen consoles, and even play online with them. I mean, this should be a launch we love. It's not like you are sitting there being denied Forza 8 or Halo: Infinite. Not only are they not out, they will be on XB1, too.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Aristo wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:51 pm
I wrote this in September over at OS:
To be honest. If anyone is going to get upset if the console is late, this was a bad year to preorder. There is pandemic going on, and the release date is a week after a highly contentious presidential election that runs the risk of violence. And since a massively slowed down mail system is part of that story, you are going to see overflow affecting other carriers.

I'm not saying consoles will be late. But I would put the reliability of a console delivery hitting that date at around 50%. I don't assume anything anymore, until it has arrived. My wife has been dealing with this with her yarn orders. It's just gotten weird.
Another problem buyers will face is that the costs of production are up due the parts being harder to get and shipping becoming less reliable. Sony and Microsoft will literally hold back on making consoles until costs get back under control.

Seriously, I will not put a single bit of effort in buying a console until I can walk in a buy one. I don't begrudge anyone that wants to go through the effort to get one, because we wants what we wants, but this this easily predicted to be a shitshow of a launch for months, and conditions have only gotten worse.

I'm not going to stress out on a console that will literally only play the same games I can play now. The upgrade and features are great, and I want them, but I don't like waiting in lines and guessing when things will be available. I'm sure best Buy and Amazon will let me know when I can get a console off the shelf or shipped that day. Definitely not ordering a console that has not arrived at the warehouse, yet.

I'm kinda assuming I might be able to get a console for my birthday, in May. Until then, I will play all the same games as the folks playing on next gen consoles, and even play online with them. I mean, this should be a launch we love. It's not like you are sitting there being denied Forza 8 or Halo: Infinite. Not only are they not out, they will be on XB1, too.
No doubt in what you're saying.. I'm like a damn 16 year old kid. :) I don't care if it comes sometime in December, just don't cancel my order that has been confirmed. Just strange seeing BB still selling them when they should be filling their confirmed orders.

I'm having so much fun with M21 that I'm just wanting to play the next gen version on Friday.