Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5

Post by Rodster »

One of the cool things I read about the PS5 controller is that if implemented in a FPS. If your gun jams the PS5 trigger will lock as well. You have to unjam the gun before the controller trigger works again. That's pretty cool.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/mad ... -deep-dive

I don't know what to think about this.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:57 pm

Adding more data points to differentiate payers can never be a bad thing. I don't think... :)

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

EA marketing at play. I'm sure it will be the same game as current gen, for all intents and purposes.

I do hope I'm wrong. This is the first year dating back to the Sega Genesis that I haven't purchased Madden. Hell, I haven't even tried it on EA Access.
GT = Wilk5280

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:41 pm
Danimal wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:57 pm

Adding more data points to differentiate payers can never be a bad thing. I don't think... :)
Sure but it is EA and I asked them and got no response but why can't this be implemented on the PC version. My PC is more powerful then any NextGen Console so let me have it :D
Follow Me on:

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I would assume it’s because they don’t actually care all that much about PC gaming. If the PC version let me run my XB1 account, I’d double dip. But none of my Yard, MUT, or any other progress carries over.

I think the use of next gen stats looks interesting, but I bet it takes 2-3 years before it works as well as it should. But a ton of people will act like this is a massive failure on EA’s part for trying, even though they would submitting nominations for 2K to get a Pulitzer Prize for doing this.

Really not looking forward to this stupid chapter in EA is Evil.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Walmart to have limited stock tomorrow at 2pm CST. Hopefully a bit of luck is on my side tomorrow.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

MizzouRah wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:43 pm
Walmart to have limited stock tomorrow at 2pm CST. Hopefully a bit of luck is on my side tomorrow.
Online or in store?
Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:24 pm
MizzouRah wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:43 pm
Online or in store?
I just saw the listing for this; it's showing available online only. I'll be cycling the refresh button waiting for the "Buy Now" button to show itself.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/new ... -thursday/
Walmart will be offering PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S consoles for sale online this Thursday, November 19.

You’ll be able to purchase the consoles through the following links from 3pm ET/12 PT “while supplies last.”

PlayStation 5 console – $499
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sony-PlaySta ... gn_id=9383

PlayStation 5 Digital Edition console – $399
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sony-PlaySta ... gn_id=9383

Xbox Series X console – $499
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-Series- ... gn_id=9383

Xbox Series S console – $299
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Xbox-Series- ... gn_id=9383

The retailer will also be selling limited quantities of the new consoles beginning at 7pm ET/4pm PT on November 25.

GameStop’s Black Friday advert recently confirmed it will have limited PS5 and Xbox Series X/S stock available in-stores only on November 27.

PS5 launches in Europe on November 19
Amazon will be taking new PS5 orders in Europe tomorrow, as will Game and Currys in the UK.

According to an internal email from a major retailer forwarded to VGC, UK retailers expect to receive further PS5 stock from Sony next week.

Xbox Series X stock is also expected to be made available to purchase online at UK retailers on November 21 and November 27, followed by Xbox Series S stock on November 30.

UK retailer Game contacted PS5 pre-order customers on Wednesday evening to warn them that their console may not arrive on release day.

Prior to launch, Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO Jim Ryan said PS5 demand “has been very considerable”, with the company taking as many pre-orders in the first 12 hours in the US as it did in the first 12 weeks for PS4.

UK retailers are expecting more PS5 and Xbox Series X/S stock this month
Next-gen consoles will be available to buy on several dates this month
Ryan said Sony was “working as hard as we ever can” to meet demand before adding, in something of an understatement: “it may well be that not everybody who wants to buy a PS5 on launch day will be able to find one.”

Xbox chief financial officer Tim Stuart has said Microsoft expects Xbox Series X/S supply shortages to continue until April 2021.

Xbox Series X and PS5 scalpers are currently seeking to cash in on heavy demand for the new consoles by selling them at extortionate prices on marketplaces like eBay.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

You’ll be able to purchase the consoles through the following links from 3pm ET/12 PT “while supplies last.”
While supplies last. How cute lol

Now that they've given sufficient notification for the scalpers to get their bots ready those supplies will last all of about 0.2 seconds
Last edited by Wilk5280 on Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GT = Wilk5280

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Ha, Wilk.

The over-under for online availability at 3 p.m. (ET), as set by the PK Sports Book: 20 seconds.

Sharp's advice: Bet the under. HARD.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

pk500 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:40 pm
Ha, Wilk.

The over-under for online availability at 3 p.m. (ET), as set by the PK Sports Book: 20 seconds.

Sharp's advice: Bet the under. HARD.
Definitely taking the under!
GT = Wilk5280

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

3:01 - Item is out of Stock

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Ha. I got one in my cart at 3:00:20, and the order couldn't be fulfilled. This really is a joke. Total cock tease.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

pk500 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:05 pm
Ha. I got one in my cart at 3:00:20, and the order couldn't be fulfilled. This really is a joke. Total cock tease.
Same
GT = Wilk5280

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I got to the place order screen in fact still there and I'm in an endless loop where I hit place order and it returns me to review order LOL
Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

pk500 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:05 pm
Same here... at least I had one in my virtual cart for the first time. I kept getting sent to a waiting room screen when I clicked the "checkout" link that said something like "Oh Deer, it looks like many other Walmart shoppers are trying to save money at this time". I kept hitting the back arrow and trying again, only to be taken to the same screen. I finally got taken to a "we out of stock on this item screen" at 3:08.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Finally after 33 minutes of hitting place order it comes back out of stock.

What a joke this whole thing is.
Follow Me on:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:21 pm
Same here... at least I had one in my virtual cart for the first time. I kept getting sent to a waiting room screen when I clicked the "checkout" link that said something like "Oh Deer, it looks like many other Walmart shoppers are trying to save money at this time". I kept hitting the back arrow and trying again, only to be taken to the same screen. I finally got taken to a "we out of stock on this item screen" at 3:08.
Identical experience for me, John. I was pretty pumped at the prospect of getting a Series X before Christmas. Now Microsoft's botched handling of supply at this launch is dampening my enthusiasm by the day.

I'm almost to the point where I don't give a f*ck whether I get one until next spring, which may be the first time for mass availability, at this rate.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

I do hope all of the scalpers get overstocked with these damn things and end up not being able to sell them all off. Even when they start lowering their prices I'll wait to get one somewhere in retail.
GT = Wilk5280

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Wilk5280 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:44 pm
I do hope all of the scalpers get overstocked with these damn things and end up not being able to sell them all off. Even when they start lowering their prices I'll wait to get one somewhere in retail.
This whole thing is avoidable. You have a user base on Live and PSN. Literally offer them the ability to order one and give them a date as has been posted here before like Apple does. If I could order either machine through them right now and it said arrived Feb 2021 I'd be like ok. Truth is they want this shortage supply it strokes their egos and allows them to claim unprecedent demand when they short the supply chain. It's like the captain of the Titanic saying we had unprecedented demand for the life boats...
Follow Me on:

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Danimal wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:26 pm
Wilk5280 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:44 pm
This whole thing is avoidable. You have a user base on Live and PSN. Literally offer them the ability to order one and give them a date as has been posted here before like Apple does. If I could order either machine through them right now and it said arrived Feb 2021 I'd be like ok. Truth is they want this shortage supply it strokes their egos and allows them to claim unprecedent demand when they short the supply chain. It's like the captain of the Titanic saying we had unprecedented demand for the life boats...
Yeah it's a f***in joke. I had one in my cart, checked out put my credit card info in and then says sorry out of stock, what the f***? Once it goes into your card you should get like 5 minutes to complete the order, similar to what ticketmaster does.

I'm not paying over retail either so if that means I get one late next year then so be it.

I'm with you though, reward your XBL members first and foremost.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:
You nailed it, Dan. Great point about using XBL as a pre-ordering tool. And I thought the same thing today about the supply shortage. There's almost no doubt in my mind it's deliberate.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pk500 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:42 pm
Danimal wrote:
You nailed it, Dan. Great point about using XBL as a pre-ordering tool. And I thought the same thing today about the supply shortage. There's almost no doubt in my mind it's deliberate.
No f'n way. With all of the pandemic related supply issues world wide, nothing is immune. I was buying car this summer...same thing in the auto industry. New cars, waaaaaay down...used car prices have skyrocketed right now. So it's just the world we live in. High end computer graphics cards are having the same issue. If one company was to ramp production, they'd win the video graphics market...same thing with game consoles. No one holds back inventory to MAYBE sell it next year. Zero chance.