PGA TOUR 2K21 (PC Specific Discussion)

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: PGA TOUR 2K21 (PC Specific Discussion)

Post by J_Cauthen »

Greensboronclion wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:35 pm
Talk about a comeback from the depths of hell today we'll here is on. I finish the 9th and am -1 and Danimal is -3 and John -2. Do I am on the 10th and two and hit my first putt 5 ft past the hole and my next one trickled buy the hole and ended up at the bottom of the green and repeated that again on the way to a 7 putt to take a 9 on the hole and am now 4 over. I almost quit but said let's try to get something back and low in behold an and three birdies later I finished at -1 so I am still alive. Guys that happened on ten with soft greens and if moderate or firm with that pin it could be a nightmare. Lol.
I don't know what Shadow Creek Golf Club this is supposed to be, but it doesn't look anything at all like the Shadow Creek LiDAR course that was released yesterday. I played it this morning an it looks like an oasis in Nevada, like the real course. The one Shadow Creek we're playing in this tournament looks like it's set in Vermont. I also didn't see that seven foot tall terrace in the first green in Shadow Creek LiDAR. I might set Monday's Daily at Shadow Creek LiDAR, just for comparison. It's close to a 5 star course, IMO.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:35 pm
I don't know what Shadow Creek Golf Club this is supposed to be, but it doesn't look anything at all like the Shadow Creek LiDAR course that was released yesterday. I played it this morning an it looks like an oasis in Nevada, like the real course. The one Shadow Creek we're playing in this tournament looks like it's set in Vermont. I also didn't see that seven foot tall terrace in the first green in Shadow Creek LiDAR. I might set Monday's Daily at Shadow Creek LiDAR, just for comparison. It's close to a 5 star course, IMO.
I scheduled this weeks in advance so it was the best one out there at the time.

Sorry
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

Post by Greensboronclion »

Danimal wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:57 pm
J_Cauthen wrote:

Sorry

No apologies needed as we all play the same course and what happened to me could happen to someone else the next round.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:57 pm
J_Cauthen wrote:

Sorry
No apology needed Dan... it plays challenging and I gave it 3 stars. Plus, we're all competing at it so it's all good. The LiDAR version didn't get released until Wednesday afternoon and I'm sure a lot of Societies used the former course for weekly tournaments.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I completly blew up in round 2 and 3 so I am out of the running.
Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:01 am
I completly blew up in round 2 and 3 so I am out of the running.
I was playing round 2 with your ghost ball and I could sort of tell that the wind came out of your sails following the triple bogey 7, aided by a ridiculous pin placement. BTW, I wish there was an option to only have the ghost ball player's tags fade on the green only. By the time my tee or approach shot lands, the ghost ball locations and tags have already faded out. If you leave them on all time, they're in your way on the green. This is an option they missed, IMO.

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

Fantastic rendition of Shadow Creek for the daily and definitely a keeper. I had a shot at Broomer but a double at nine almost killed it but four birdies in a row brought me back but a simple chip on the last par 5 just rolling and rolling till off the green an that bogey ended it and ended up 3 under. Great fun tho and great course and no playing for me till Friday as heading out of town for a few days.

broomer
Mario Mendoza

Post by broomer »

I had Hoi An Beach on my *must play list* so I was happy to see it pop up on the DSP Society as I loves me some Rjwils designs

routing layout and bunker planting were a treat as was finding out, after my play, that bspetty24 (another fave designer) did a colab onnit w/ rjwills

also playing on 187 greens was very challenging

keep these interesting, fun courses coming :D

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

broomer wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:16 am
I had Hoi An Beach on my *must play list* so I was happy to see it pop up on the DSP Society as I loves me some Rjwils designs

routing layout and bunker planting were a treat as was finding out, after my play, that bspetty24 (another fave designer) did a colab onnit w/ rjwills

also playing on 187 greens was very challenging

keep these interesting, fun courses coming :D
I always try to play Rjwils courses and this one might be his best, IMO. I played it for the first time in our tournament and didn't treat the putts with enough respect. I had four 3-putt greens in my round, but still enjoyed it. I loved the natural atmosphere of Ho An Beach! Glad it suited your palate as well 8)

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Dan, I noticed last night that we didn't have an event set up for this weekend and since it was going on 10 PM EDT, I went ahead and set a 36 hole event. The PGA TOUR is at Sherwood CC this week, and I had already played a few holes at a course that's calling itself "Sherwood Country Club". I couldn't have told you what course I was playing, and I'm very familiar with Sherwood. It looked like a mildly customized auto-gen, to be honest. I went with Cypress Point with 36 holes, with the tournament stretching out through Sunday night.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:56 am
Dan, I noticed last night that we didn't have an event set up for this weekend and since it was going on 10 PM EDT, I went ahead and set a 36 hole event. The PGA TOUR is at Sherwood CC this week, and I had already played a few holes at a course that's calling itself "Sherwood Country Club". I couldn't have told you what course I was playing, and I'm very familiar with Sherwood. It looked like a mildly customized auto-gen, to be honest. I went with Cypress Point with 36 holes, with the tournament stretching out through Sunday night.
Thanks, on Monday landscappers cut my fiber internet line and they didn't fix it until 10pm last night. 3 days without internet is like being in hell.
Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:02 am
Thanks, on Monday landscappers cut my fiber internet line and they didn't fix it until 10pm last night. 3 days without internet is like being in hell.
Oh the horrors! I'm sure that turned into quite an expensive repair on their part.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:29 am
Danimal wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:02 am
Oh the horrors! I'm sure that turned into quite an expensive repair on their part.
Was free actually just a long wait.
Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:35 am
Was free actually just a long wait.
I'd imagine the landscaper got stuck with the repair bill.

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

Very tough greens today and thought the greens should have been smoothed out more before release and shorts putts were tough. Made double bogie on 14 to fall to -1 then birdied 15 and 17 to pull into the with John. Hit 3w on 18 then hit really great shot to about 10 ft behind pin and made bending left to right putt to finish -4. Very challenging course and just would like those greens eased up a little and it would be a keeper. Firm or very firm and 80 would be good.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Accidentally set the weekend 2 day to start today instead of tomorrow. My mistake.
Follow Me on:

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

Nice setup for 1st round at Firehorne aka Augusta. Fair but tough and scores nicely bunched. I wish we had more players on the PC side as the game just plays better on PC but I still enjoy the events even with small fields. Maybe more will pick up PC copy when on sale.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Greensboronclion wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:14 pm
Nice setup for 1st round at Firehorne aka Augusta. Fair but tough and scores nicely bunched. I wish we had more players on the PC side as the game just plays better on PC but I still enjoy the events even with small fields. Maybe more will pick up PC copy when on sale.
I've decided to retire from playing the XBox One version on my One X any longer. It's just too frustrating to play after I've gotten accustomed to the feel of the feedback on the PC version, at 60 FPS, versus the erratic tempo control problems I have on the One X at 30 FPS. Unless HB Studios does something to remove the vsync lock for the Series X version, I'm going be staying exclusively with the PC version. I don't know that there's many more like me who hold this view, but I'd imagine there are some who were thinking the Series X might bring us 2K21 at 60 FPS.

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

I don't have the Xbox One version and won't get it either with all the issues I am hearing. I wonder if the PS 4 version has the same issue?

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Greensboronclion wrote:
This is more of a console board, most people here don't game on the PC so idk where we would get more people from.

Personally I would love to be able to get 4 people online and play skins, 4 ball and alternate shot matches for fun but that even seems a pipe dream.
Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Greensboronclion wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:40 am
I don't have the Xbox One version and won't get it either with all the issues I am hearing. I wonder if the PS 4 version has the same issue?
Do you mean PS5 version? I've now read two reports from PS5 owners playing 2K21 in backward compatibility mode and they're not seeing the swing animation frame skipping that XBox Series X owners are seeing with 2K21. I'm disappointed to read that this is happening on the Series X, but I'm even more disappointed that HB Studios didn't see their way clear to remove the 30 FPS lock on either version. I'm confident that both the PS5 and the Series X could run 2K21 at 60 FPS in 4K, but for some reason, HB Studios didn't make it happen. I hope it's not due to something as "participation tropy-esque" as they wanted to keep performance parity among all players on the same platform. :roll:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:06 am
Greensboronclion wrote:
This is more of a console board, most people here don't game on the PC so idk where we would get more people from.

Personally I would love to be able to get 4 people online and play skins, 4 ball and alternate shot matches for fun but that even seems a pipe dream.
Why don't we try setting a day and time to see if we can make something like this happen? I'm going to be booked up pretty solid until Tuesday, but I could easily do something just about any time on Tuesday. We could just set a time and see who shows up. Alt-shot is working great for me on the PC in matchmaking mode.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:31 pm
Danimal wrote:
Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:06 am
Greensboronclion wrote:

Why don't we try setting a day and time to see if we can make something like this happen? I'm going to be booked up pretty solid until Tuesday, but I could easily do something just about any time on Tuesday. We could just set a time and see who shows up. Alt-shot is working great for me on the PC in matchmaking mode.
Love to do that but Tuesday is bad. Weds. works.
Follow Me on:

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

In would definitely join but can't till I am home as I play now on laptop in my RV and must conserve my Highspeed internet as I only have 30 GB a month. Back home on December 2nd for Christmas then back to Florida for rest of winter so if still going I will join and skins would be real fun.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Greensboronclion wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:33 am
In would definitely join but can't till I am home as I play now on laptop in my RV and must conserve my Highspeed internet as I only have 30 GB a month. Back home on December 2nd for Christmas then back to Florida for rest of winter so if still going I will join and skins would be real fun.
You didn't fare to poorly in today's tournament in Thailand! That was a smokin' round of golf!!