PGA TOUR 2K21

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: PGA TOUR 2K21

Post by J_Cauthen »

Wilk5280 wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:12 pm
thanks

That's pretty much what I use for my offline career as well. Crazy how different it felt this morning when playing and how my tempo was WAY off. I prefer the meters off, but if people prefer to have them on maybe allow that to be a personal setting? Not sure what you're limited to in terms of setting some of these things up.

Even though I'm inconsistent, I'm having a lot of fun with this one. It's taking me back to when I played TW13 daily for the entire year
There are many settings that can be set to Open that I don't see affecting difficulty, like Pin setting in/out. I don't know why we can't prevent the game from locking them in? It just feels silly to me to walk up to tap in a six inch putt, and the pin's still in the hole. Yes, you can take it with a press of the X button, but IMO, this is a setting that should default to out, and you can hit the X button to insert the pin on longer putts.

I'm generally having a hard time scoring in this game on both the PC and the XBox One X. I guess I'm a bit of a sadist because I'm enjoying it :? :lol: I'm on a long learning curve with this one and I've got some bad, lazy habits that I'm carrying over with me from 2019 that I'm having a hard time breaking. I think I shot a 73 at St. Nicholas yesterday in the Daily, in Pro-freakin'-am for goodness sake, yet I hit 84% FIRs and 74% GIRs... the putting game had me totally spooked in that round, but I made a couple of putts that were so much fun to watch... one of them did and almost complete 360 around the lip before it dropped. 8)

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Danimal wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:21 am
We have 5 people in the PC society now so if you know more people please let me know, obviously vet them :)

Once I get an idea of how to get the actual setting correct I will start to lay out a more complete season. Maybe try a tournament with book as the only yardage option.
Go ahead and add me as well. I'll be perfectly happy finishing 6th. :wink: Do we all have to play on the same difficulty level? I'm currently on Pro Am.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I added someone names Broomer is that you Dan?

Todays daily is at Caramel Creek which is a great course to score on. Hope everyone enjoys it.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

East Lake club. Man, what happened here? To answer Merace’s frustration in the social inbox, I don’t think this course was set at Pro-Am. In fact I kept going back to settings and it was set on Pro with meters on.

I mean with such slow greens, I don’t know if that helped or not but I don’t need to repeat myself that I personally prefer meters off. Couldn’t see an option to turn them off.

And this is not a shot at you John or Vader, but something is going on with the settings in general. Why this is already a weekender? Already as tough as conditions are, I do hope that people finish the four rounds but I am sure that some will be very frustrated.

Stay on the fairway folks, because the thick spinach will eat you alive every single time.

Maybe there’s something that I am missing when John says that he leaves it open for us to choose what conditions we want to play, but everything seemed locked here for sure.

But make no mistake, this was set on Pro guys. Maybe a good comparison for some to see where your game stands compared to Pro-Am.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

10spro wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:22 am
East Lake club. Man, what happened here? To answer Merace’s frustration in the social inbox, I don’t think this course was set at Pro-Am. In fact I kept going back to settings and it was set on Pro with meters on.

I mean with such slow greens, I don’t know if that helped or not but I don’t need to repeat myself that I personally prefer meters off. Couldn’t see an option to turn them off.

And this is not a shot at you John or Vader, but something is going on with the settings in general. Why this is already a weekender? Already as tough as conditions are, I do hope that people finish the four rounds but I am sure that some will be very frustrated.

Stay on the fairway folks, because the thick spinach will eat you alive every single time.

Maybe there’s something that I am missing when John says that he leaves it open for us to choose what conditions we want to play, but everything seemed locked here for sure.

But make no mistake, this was set on Pro guys. Maybe a good comparison for some to see where your game stands compared to Pro-Am.
I set it to pro am with no meters and kept going in to check if the settings stuck and they kept going back to everything open, so I repeated changing the settings 4 more times before it looked like they stuck when I checked them the final time, if it went back to pro with meters then this game severely needs a patch for the settings, I am not looking forward to playing on pro again. And the start times are messed up because of their bizarro world 8pm eastern time start and end of the day for them for some reason.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Vader, I kept checking the settings for Eastland and it said Pro level. Regarding the times, according to John it’s something that HB studios arranged and nothing you guys can do. As you know, I have to travel this Friday so I will finish it anyways. Played two rounds so far.

I kind of asked myself as I was paying the entry fee and said 400, and was telling myself boy that’s expensive for a daily. But then I found out that it was for 4 rounds. I might as well make my fee worth it now. :twisted:

Have a go at it, some people want to try Pro so like I was saying early, they can see the difference here.

But Eastland is tough, especially if you miss the fairways.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

10spro wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:34 am
But Eastland is tough, especially if you miss the fairways.
Yup. As someone who has been doing "ok" on Pro, I can attest to this. Absolutely brutal if you don't hit the fairways.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Danimal wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:36 pm

Todays daily is at Caramel Creek which is a great course to score on. Hope everyone enjoys it.
I should be under Sportdan30. I'm new to pc gaming so I apologize if perhaps I'm not set up correctly online. I'll see if I can connect with the group this morning.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

10spro wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:22 am

Reading this I would have thought you shot +15 (like I'm susceptible of doing). Your current score looks like you played better than what you described here. Good on ya!
GT = Wilk5280

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

sportdan30 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:06 am
Danimal wrote:

I should be under Sportdan30. I'm new to pc gaming so I apologize if perhaps I'm not set up correctly online. I'll see if I can connect with the group this morning.
I'll see how it plays. Riviera must have been set up on "pro" because my mouse swing was all out of whack. The last 4 holes I ended up having to use my sons phone as a straight edge because nothing would go straight. Huge misses. I think I ended up +32 or +36 for the round.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I'm perfectly happy w/ the level of the 4 rounder. Yes, it's difficult, but it's a proper challenge. Shooting even par should be a challenge. I would much rather see +20 at the end of four rounds than a -20. It just means we have to practice and get better. I kind of like the power meter, whereas normally I'd turn it off immediately. I can go either way on that option.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Danimal wrote:

My friend code is 332555265.

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:35 pm
I'm perfectly happy w/ the level of the 4 rounder. Yes, it's difficult, but it's a proper challenge. Shooting even par should be a challenge. I would much rather see +20 at the end of four rounds than a -20. It just means we have to practice and get better. I kind of like the power meter, whereas normally I'd turn it off immediately. I can go either way on that option.
I'll see your +20 and raise you +30. 8O (Finished the four rounds at +50) :)

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

sportdan30 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:10 pm
Danimal wrote:

My friend code is 332555265.
In game you need to go into the society menu and click join and search for digital sports page pc and send a join request.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

pigpen81 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:07 pm

I'll see how it plays. Riviera must have been set up on "pro" because my mouse swing was all out of whack. The last 4 holes I ended up having to use my sons phone as a straight edge because nothing would go straight. Huge misses. I think I ended up +32 or +36 for the round.
I have all the event set to pro, if this is too hard I can ramp it down. I shot -5 on Pro with those settings at Caramel Creek.
Follow Me on:

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Leadfoot5 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:02 pm
dbdynsty25 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:35 pm
I'll see your +20 and raise you +30. 8O (Finished the four rounds at +50) :)
Oh I didn't say I'd finish at +20, just said I'd rather see that than -20. I finished at +29 - had to kind of play them quick as I'm heading out for the weekend so won't be by my Xbox. LOL. Still, got you by 21!

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

+31 after four rounds. Just rushed everything from round 3 on. Never felt better for finishing a tournament, missed 2’-3’ straight putts. And I am all for trying PRO to see where I stand but this course made it just impossible to enjoy.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

I think I've finally found some consistency when it comes to tempo...
1. Trouble on the right? Slow tempo
2. Trouble on the left? Fast tempo
3. Trouble on both sides? Anyone's guess

:P
GT = Wilk5280

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Update is finally up and running. All 4.1 GB for the Xbox, here’s hoping they fixed the settings among other things.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Played all 4 rounds at East Lake and finished +68, my meters were off. Changed the Society defaults to pro am with no meters and set up a 1 round test when this event is done using those settings to see if they stick.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

Danimal wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:10 pm
pigpen81 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:07 pm

I have all the event set to pro, if this is too hard I can ramp it down. I shot -5 on Pro with those settings at Caramel Creek.
I missed the daily but was able to get the first round in at Eastlake.

I shot a +11 or +12. I used a book as a straight edge for my mouse swing and it helped a lot. I hit around 70-75% of fairways.

The hard part is the lack of meter on chips and putts. I had quite a few 3 putts (and a 4 putt) and it is very difficult to measure swing power on chips with no meter.

It would be great to stay at pro but allow the meter for only chips and putts? I'm not sure that is a possibility.

I'll practice the short game on pro without meters and see if that helps.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I tried a round on LEGEND last night and shot an 85. I actually had fun. There’s were no grids, no scout cam, no aiming device, Book Only for yardage, only a wind meter and only percentage on the meter under your feet. With practice I know I can improve so I’ll play the occasional round on LEGEND. My goal is to get to the point where I am consistently at par or better on PRO. I love the fact that you can turn on/off any difficulty setting you want. Game is super and hopefully runs even better on the Series X come November.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

pigpen81 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:39 am
The hard part is the lack of meter on chips and putts. I had quite a few 3 putts (and a 4 putt) and it is very difficult to measure swing power on chips with no meter.
at helps.
I think using a mouse is why this is happening. I had it set to percentage only so you can see the percentage and then you still feel a vibration in the controller. For example you set a chip to 80% and the controller vibrates in the back swing at 80%

In the future I will leave meter setting to open.

Also since no one knew who broomer was and no one spoke up I banned him. I only let him in because I thought he was SportsDan
Follow Me on:

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I absolutely love playing with no scout cam or aiming devices. No elevation help either. Doesn’t matter what difficulty but with those turned off its a very organic, enjoyable round. I’d love to see a society round on Pro Am (easy to keep the ball in play) but with no scout cam, no aiming devices and Book Only for yardage. The yardage given is simply to the pin. No pre set yardage for a putt taking into consideration uphill or downhill. You need to judge it for yourself. ie. a slightly downhill putt that moves left to right is 17 feet to the hole. YOU need to set the meter to a 15 footer and then make the putt. By the way, in these scenarios I have the swing meter on but just setting it to percentage is cool too.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I just streamed a round with the settings I listed above. I played the back 9 at TPC Scottsdale. Shot a 35 (-1). For those new to the game (or maybe you didn’t know) scroll ahead to the 15th hole to check out the “Chipping and Putting Cam”. You can even execute your shot from those cameras.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/731056773
PSN Name - EPDiablo25