PGA TOUR 2K21

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: PGA TOUR 2K21

Post by Danimal »

I set up 2 1 round daily's for this week and then a short 2 round tournament next weekend at Pebble.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

vader29 wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:29 pm
J_Cauthen wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:22 pm
JOZ wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:54 pm
I agree. Pro seemed like the obvious choice as our 2019 society tournaments were at times too easy to shoot low scores. But if it's not fun, then there probably won't be many people stick around. Pro-Am still might have lower scores than what we are wanting (around par), but it may be more enjoyable for all.

I would also say Pro-Am with all meters off would be the way to go for now.
Tournament for Monday set to Pro-Am with meters optional to the player. I've played with meters of an on, and I swear, I do better with them off because my eyes are going back and forth between the golfer animation and the meter and it winds up being a distraction to me. Does anyone else feel that way besides MERACE? I can always set Tuesday's Daily to force meters off, just to see what the popular opinion is on that... sound reasonable?
First round I played on Pro Am and that felt a lot better, was -2 going into the 17th hole but a double bogey on that hole and a triple on 18 ended my shot at finishing under par yet again in this game, just have to figure out the putting now.
Just finished my round too Vader. Much more forgivable gameplay on Pro-Am, although the greens were like ice fast. Enjoyed it though, was going -3 until I choked on the last hole going into the water.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

I thought Pro was perfect. I haven't played on Pro-Am, yet. I'll give it a shot tomorrow.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

Greensboronclion
Mario Mendoza

Post by Greensboronclion »

I started at Pro and gave up for now and playing Pro-Am with meter off and no aids on at all and game is much more enjoyable. I can shoot from a few under to a few over that way where with Pro always around 80.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:56 pm
J_Cauthen wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:07 pm
It's good to read your reactions to the PC version pigpen. Those are great scores by you coming out of the gate! I'm still trying to come to grips with the differences in feel, and to a lesser degree, the looks of it compared to the XBox One X version.
This is going to sound bad but if the PC version looks worse then the XB1X version then your PC specs can't be very good. On my rig this isn't even in question, it looks 100 times better on PC. I have no idea what the minimum specs are on the PC but there is 0 lag at all for me on Ultra Settings.
Here are my specs:

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz
Geforce GTX 1070 8 GB
16 GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

One thing I found was I hadn't updated my Geforce driver recently, and after I did that I got a little boost in the frame rate. I was able to play Craigendoran Links between 50 and 55 FPS yesterday at 2160p, with the grass texture and water to "Ultra". If I reduced the res to 1440p, I get a solid 60 FPS plus. Quail Hollow at 2160p still went back to 32 to 36 FPS at those same settings however. One thing I'm really noticing is the difference in the dynamic range of the lighting. It's much broader looking when I'm playing the XBox One X version. This helps make the grass textures look more defined, IMO. Both my gaming PC and XBox One X are connected to the same 55" 4K display. I'm wondering if I have something not set correctly in my NVIDIA display settings that's limiting my lighting range?

One other note, I find that if I set the fog quality to "Ultra", it takes 6 to 8 FPS off the frame rate. The cloud and sky settings all need to be set to High to minimize the frame rate loss.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:57 pm
I set up 2 1 round daily's for this week and then a short 2 round tournament next weekend at Pebble.
I'll join up today and see how it rolls for me. I may decide to just lock the PC version at 30 FPS so I won't have to struggle with going back and forth between as high as 60 FPS and 30 FPS between the two platform versions.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

10spro wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:06 pm
Just finished my round too Vader. Much more forgivable gameplay on Pro-Am, although the greens were like ice fast. Enjoyed it though, was going -3 until I choked on the last hole going into the water.
I played a few holes at Dauphin Highlands just to try out the Pro-Am setting. I did find it much easier to keep the ball in play, but I'd also forgotten how severely sloped the first green is. You have to leave the ball below the hole there to have a chance of making no worse than par. I wish there was a setting that was right between Pro-Am and Pro; that seems like it would be the best fit for me right now.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

John what are you using to get your frame rate while playing?
Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:47 am
John what are you using to get your frame rate while playing?
The frame rate counter built into Steam. I was using FRAPS, years ago, but I noticed that when both it and the counter built into Steam were matching up pretty good, I closed FRAPS because its digits were a bit more noticeable.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

PC update out but no update notes in steam.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Can anyone playing in the PC Society confirm it is making you play at Pro. I have it set to that but I'm not sure it is enforcing that.
Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:11 pm
Can anyone playing in the PC Society confirm it is making you play at Pro. I have it set to that but I'm not sure it is enforcing that.
I'll give it a go here in a few minutes... I also saw the update, but it was only 21.3 MB, and it didn't register as an "Update" on Steam. The Update news says there's been no updates in the last year.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:
Oh, I've requested to join. Once I get accepted I'll try to play the first round and see what's locked. I notice there's a setting added to all of the options in a Society that says "Society Default", but I guess that locks it into whatever the Society President or Admin has chosen for all rounds?

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Danimal wrote:
How do you check that? My solo settings are pro with no meters except for putting. Is that what you set for the society? Because when I played my rounds it seemed the same.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:24 pm
Danimal wrote:
Oh, I've requested to join. Once I get accepted I'll try to play the first round and see what's locked. I notice there's a setting added to all of the options in a Society that says "Society Default", but I guess that locks it into whatever the Society President or Admin has chosen for all rounds?
Accepted
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

TheTruth wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:15 pm
Danimal wrote:
How do you check that? My solo settings are pro with no meters except for putting. Is that what you set for the society? Because when I played my rounds it seemed the same.
Yeah it is pro but for meter it has percentage. I just thought I saw someone say they played at ProAm but maybe that was my mistake.
Follow Me on:

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Danimal wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:23 pm
TheTruth wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:15 pm
Danimal wrote:
Yeah it is pro but for meter it has percentage. I just thought I saw someone say they played at ProAm but maybe that was my mistake.
Well, you maybe on to something because I did not have meter or percentages for regular shots (just the vibration) but I had the meter for putting. So it looks like it may only match the main difficulty setting but other settings below that, like meter, swing tempo, etc may default to what the user has for solo play???
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:
I just played the round at Faxon Park. I could have set my gameplay settings to anything I wanted, as it allowed me to move the selector to any option. I played the round with Pro swing difficulty, swing meters off, and pins out. Everything else seemed to be stock pro difficulty. I didn't have any putt previews because I have them off in my base settings, but I could have selected unlimited putt previews and used them if I wanted.

I noticed when I was setting up today's Daily tournament in the XBox One Society that things don't always stick when you're changing options. When you're done, the confirmation request doesn't come up until it looks like it's too late. I did it one time and thought I had everything locked, only to come back in an hour later and check them after restarting my XBox One X, and NOTHING I'd changed remained change. If you don't see that 'Apply Changes" requestor, and click okay on it, the settings will be lost.

On another note - and this one truly floored me - I still had my PC set to run 2160p, with grass textures and water at Ultra and everything else "high", I was getting 63 to 70 FPS!? 8O It stayed in that range throughout, and the lighting actually looked more dynamic than any other course I'd played on the PC version. I royally stunk it up because my timing was off with the faster frame rate, hitting 3 fairways and 5 greens in regulation, on my way to an 88. I just can't get over how much difference a course makes in this game's performance.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Well that's not good and I don't understand I have the difficulty set in the society and then the options on the tournament default to society defaults.

Ugh
Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:24 pm
Well that's not good and I don't understand I have the difficulty set in the society and then the options on the tournament default to society defaults.

Ugh
Did you set these up before or after the update that was issued for the PC version today? Supposedly, it was to have fixed settings for Society events, among other things.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Society Event Start Time:

I don't know how I missed this until today, but the new start time for Society events is midnight, GMT. That means 8:00 PM in the Eastern Time Zone. That's going to take some getting used to! I just set one 20 minutes ago at Spyglass for what I thought was going to be tomorrow starting at 4:00 AM EDT, but it actually missed almost three hours of the the current day. Sorry about that... I'll have one posted for Wednesday by 2:00 PM EDT tomorrow. I'm going to set it for Pro-Am with swing meter disabled, unless I hear multiple objections.

BTW, was the pin in today's tournament a Dauphin Highlands in or out in your round today? I seem to be having a hard time getting that setting to stick. It's out in my profile, so I think that keeps me from being able to tell while I'm playing the round.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:16 pm
I'm going to set it for Pro-Am with swing meter disabled, unless I hear multiple objections.

BTW, was the pin in today's tournament a Dauphin Highlands in or out in your round today? I seem to be having a hard time getting that setting to stick. It's out in my profile, so I think that keeps me from being able to tell while I'm playing the round.
If I remember correctly my pin was in when I played. Regarding the times, it would be nice if we can go back to the same set up as we did for 2019.

Don’t forget to get the swing meter off for putting, I find it distracting. Tough course today.

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

Were the meters supposed to be off at Spyglass? They were on for me, and even though I just now finished I can't for the life of me remember whether or not the pins were in. I guess that's what happens when you can't sleep and play your round at 4am. :(
GT = Wilk5280

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Dauphin Highlands is a local course for me. I’ve played it numerous times. I’m a fan of the course and whoever made this for the game did a pretty good job.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

10spro wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:58 am
If I remember correctly my pin was in when I played. Regarding the times, it would be nice if we can go back to the same set up as we did for 2019.

Don’t forget to get the swing meter off for putting, I find it distracting. Tough course today.
I think what I had yesterday was "Open", meaning the user can choose their setting, for swing meter choice. Did you try turning it off in the settings menu? I'll make another attempt at just locking the meters off in today's round. The pin in/out selection doesn't seem to want to stick after I change it. I was hoping the patch for the XBox One version would be available today so I could set the tournament up after it came out. It was supposed to address some issues with Society tournament setup.

As for the tournament start time, that's being forced by HB Studios. I don't see anywhere that I can change that, but I'd sure like to get it back to where it was. It just doesn't feel right for "today's" tournament to end with four hours left in the day!?