PGA TOUR 2K21

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: PGA TOUR 2K21

Post by J_Cauthen »

vader29 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:50 pm
Yeah go ahead and schedule some dailies. I approved trane, everyone is approved who requested so far.
Alright, I'll do it Mark... and BTW, I just checked in to the Society's clubhouse, and under "Administration", it showed we had 4 pending membership requests, including ddtrane. I clicked on ddtrane because I knew the others were already listed as members, yet when I did, the only options I had was to look at his gamercard and golfer info. I guess it was because you'd already approved it, but it hadn't updated on the pending requests page?

I think Admins are supposed to have the ability to approve membership requests in 2K21. We'll probably get a chance to test that out at some point.

One more thing I saw (and I think it was on our Society schedule page) that I hadn't seen before was this message, after I'd selected the listed event that wasn't supposed to start for two or three more days: "Note: playing this round will force an early start to this event, are you sure you want to do that?"... or something to that effect :? I didn't click the start round button, and really hadn't planned to anyway after seeing the event was scheduled for the future, but that doesn't sound like a situation that should exist 8O

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Zlax45 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:27 pm
vader29 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:58 pm
WTF! These are the scores after 1 round in the official 2k society on pro level.

No clue how you could get those numbers
I'll tell you how they got them... 2K or HB Studios forgot to set or force any difficulty levels or aids, and those guys are playing the round with Easy difficulty, swing timing off, and every aid on that you can imagine, including unlimited putt previews... it is a pure cheese fest! I can't believe they screwed up that bad, but I checked and every setting in the game is able to be set to whatever the player wants.... SMH!

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:34 pm
vader29 wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 6:12 pm
4 rounders for weekend tournaments that match up with the PGA schedule and 2 rounders if a course isn't available to play to match the pros. Haven't set any dailies yet, hoping John can help out with those again also.
I'll be glad to put some Dailies in the mix starting next week if you'd like Mark. You want me to schedule some for the next couple of weeks? I'm scouting new courses daily and it would probably be best to schedule them like the day before, because of the rapidness with which new high quality courses are coming in now. I just played Yeltzman's conversion of Royal Portrush for 2K21 this afternoon and it's stellar! It looks like he stick built it in 2K21.... unbelievable!?
ddtrane just search for DSP Digital Sportspage club, request to join and then myself or John can approve it.
I'm about to login so I'll check and see if I need to help with that. Good to have you back on board ddtrane!
Thanks brother, its truly good to be back!
gamertag: ddtrane65

ddtrane
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by ddtrane »

vader29 wrote:
Yeah go ahead and schedule some dailies. I approved trane, everyone is approved who requested so far.
A
Alright, i am in. Thank you and dont let that plus 32 i posted this morning after round 1 scare you. After watching the people on Twitch play, I thought i should be able to stay around even for the course. After playing my round i now know that they were playing on amateur with all the aides turned on.

After playing a DSP round, now i remember how much tuned in I will have to be to compete. My round wasnt all bad, i got my first par at hole 12 and i managed to get a birdie on #18. Overall it feels good to be gaming with my buds as DSP. Good times as always. :D
gamertag: ddtrane65

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

ddtrane wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:26 am
vader29 wrote:
A
Alright, i am in. Thank you and dont let that plus 32 i posted this morning after round 1 scare you. After watching the people on Twitch play, I thought i should be able to stay around even for the course. After playing my round i now know that they were playing on amateur with all the aides turned on.

After playing a DSP round, now i remember how much tuned in I will have to be to compete. My round wasnt all bad, i got my first par at hole 12 and i managed to get a birdie on #18. Overall it feels good to be gaming with my buds as DSP. Good times as always. :D
That's awesome. Yeah, our Society is my favorite for sure. All the others are just practice. :)

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

I think this is the first time since TW '13 and '14 that I've really enjoyed a solid golf game. In the tournament at Boston I went +15 in the first round. I improved to +1 in the 2nd, and coming to the 16th tee I was -1 for round 3. Blew up on those last 3 holes and finished the round at +4 or +5 I think :(

There's been some pin placements and such that I've said to myself, hell no I'm not going for it and just tried to get the ball on the green with my approach. Same goes with putting. I've just tried to lag it up or get it close to hopefully secure a 2 putt. It's been a lot of fun and the one thing I can't stress enough is how happy I am that the greens are not like ice rinks any more compared to the last couple versions of the game I played. It's much easier to hold the greens with the approach, even when clubbing up to account for wind or elevation. I love it!
GT = Wilk5280

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Wilk5280 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:39 am
I think this is the first time since TW '13 and '14 that I've really enjoyed a solid golf game. In the tournament at Boston I went +15 in the first round. I improved to +1 in the 2nd, and coming to the 16th tee I was -1 for round 3. Blew up on those last 3 holes and finished the round at +4 or +5 I think :(

There's been some pin placements and such that I've said to myself, hell no I'm not going for it and just tried to get the ball on the green with my approach. Same goes with putting. I've just tried to lag it up or get it close to hopefully secure a 2 putt. It's been a lot of fun and the one thing I can't stress enough is how happy I am that the greens are not like ice rinks any more compared to the last couple versions of the game I played. It's much easier to hold the greens with the approach, even when clubbing up to account for wind or elevation. I love it!
We all know I will finish last
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

I (GT: DrPartyime) shot a 71 - 80 - 71 - 71. I had a Tin Cup moment in the 2nd round that I really really REALLY regret. Great game!
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

ddtrane wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:26 am
vader29 wrote:
A

I had the stones to take on a day one Legend difficulty challenge that was posted in the official forum. I shot a 125 in that round and had three shot limit exceeded holes. Your +32 would have looked pretty good to me that day!

One thing to keep in mind playing this game... and I still have to remind myself of this every swing... is you gotta keep your thumb on the stick all the way through the swing to completion. It's not going to let you get away with the 'let your thumb fly off halfway through, like 2019 did. They're doing this to get rid of the flick swing that took a lot of swing path error out of the equation.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

greggsand wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:25 pm
I (GT: DrPartyime) shot a 71 - 80 - 71 - 71. I had a Tin Cup moment in the 2nd round that I really really REALLY regret. Great game!
Not bad at all... I'm +3 or 4 through two rounds, but I started the tournament off with a bogey and a double bogey. I love the difficulty at Pro as it makes par a good score for me. I'm getting to play a wide variety of shots though and that makes the ride a bit more interesting. Oh, was your tin cup moment a shot limit exceeded? I've had at least a dozen of those playing this game, and it's always reassuring to hear that others have experienced at least one in their travels. :)

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

There's supposed to be a 1.03 patch available today for the PS4 and XBox One versions of 2K21, which includes:

Addressed various crashing problems.
Addressed framerate drop issues.
Fixed bluescreen issues on PS4
Added various game mode improvements.
Addressed lag and stuttering issues.
Added performance and stability improvements.
Added gameplay optimizations.
Other minor fixes.

I've yet to see it available on the XBox One, but some PS4 users have reportedly seen and used it.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I sent a join request to the DSP society can someone accept me.

Yes I know I double dipped and got 2 versions, I'm weak.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Pretty sure I've only gotten Perfect tempo like 5 or 6 times in all four rounds, total. It's ridiculously hard to get the right tempo. I'm not sure if I'm slow/fast on the backswing or the actual swing...it doesn't tell you. I've tried everything, can't figure it out. Practice, practice practice I guess. Went +8, +4, +6 and +2 (with a triple on 18 because of the horrible putting system). Got a little better at least.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:32 pm

I just accepted you Dan, so you should be good to go. Now I know someone who has a gaming PC that can run the game at 60 FPS and also has the XBox One X version, who can give me an idea of what the difference feels like between the two :D

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:16 pm
Danimal wrote:

I just accepted you Dan, so you should be good to go. Now I know someone who has a gaming PC that can run the game at 60 FPS and also has the XBox One X version, who can give me an idea of what the difference feels like between the two :D
If you want I can record some gameplay on the PC on Ultra high settings. Game looks beautiful
Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:00 pm
Pretty sure I've only gotten Perfect tempo like 5 or 6 times in all four rounds, total. It's ridiculously hard to get the right tempo. I'm not sure if I'm slow/fast on the backswing or the actual swing...it doesn't tell you. I've tried everything, can't figure it out. Practice, practice practice I guess. Went +8, +4, +6 and +2 (with a triple on 18 because of the horrible putting system). Got a little better at least.
According to the Senior Producer of the game, Shaun West, the speed of the backswing has no bearing on the tempo. The only variables the backswing affects are swing path, and most importantly shot strength. For whatever reason, I tend to get a higher percentage of "Fast" downswings when I take a slower backswing. I'm also able to feel the desired backswing length (HB Studios calls it "intent") vibration with a little more acuity when I take it back slow. Getting a "Perfect" is rare for me but if you keep the tempo in the white zone of the swing feedback meter, you'll usually have a shot that's within reason of where you were aiming... at least in Pro difficulty.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:17 pm
J_Cauthen wrote:
Danimal wrote:

If you want I can record some gameplay on the PC on Ultra high settings. Game looks beautiful
Yeah, I'd love to see that if you don't mind! Oh, and I was struck with just how beautiful TPC Boston looks in our current tournament there. They've got the lighting just right here, and the color palette looks so much more like Boston than the previous version. I imagine it would look even better on the PC in ultra.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

J_Cauthen wrote:
Here is my advice, don't get the PC version if you ever want to play the Xbox version again. The XB version is utter s*** compared to the PC version. I was wondering why people were posting about timing issues and now I see why, the lag in the swing on the XB version is ridiculous, you almost have to start your downswing before you golfers club is 3/4 of the way back to get a perfect. I literally jammed it once just to see if getting a fast was possible.

This is bad enough with normal shot but with pitches, chips and putts it makes the game unejoyable. Since you guys have the meter on you can actually see how bad the lag is. I push forward at a point but the meter continues going back past where I started the down swing. Putts were just insane if you start forward when you feel the vibration your golfer is still going back so I would jam the stick forward which is what causes those too hard hit putts.

Literally none of this exists on the PC version plus the game looks 1000 times better and feels more realistic.

Since I just wasted $60 I will play a bunch of rounds to try and get used to the XB version but I think I will start a DSP society for anyone who has the PC version and my advice if you have the ability to get the PC version do so, much of your frustration will disappear with this game. I honestly can't believe how bad it is in comparison and how none of these streamers have noticed this? I guess don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Jon I will record a round for you.
Follow Me on:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:13 pm
Here is my advice, don't get the PC version if you ever want to play the Xbox version again. The XB version is utter s*** compared to the PC version. I was wondering why people were posting about timing issues and now I see why, the lag in the swing on the XB version is ridiculous, you almost have to start your downswing before you golfers club is 3/4 of the way back to get a perfect. I literally jammed it once just to see if getting a fast was possible.

This is bad enough with normal shot but with pitches, chips and putts it makes the game unejoyable. Since you guys have the meter on you can actually see how bad the lag is. I push forward at a point but the meter continues going back past where I started the down swing. Putts were just insane if you start forward when you feel the vibration your golfer is still going back so I would jam the stick forward which is what causes those too hard hit putts.

Literally none of this exists on the PC version plus the game looks 1000 times better and feels more realistic.

Since I just wasted $60 I will play a bunch of rounds to try and get used to the XB version but I think I will start a DSP society for anyone who has the PC version and my advice if you have the ability to get the PC version do so, much of your frustration will disappear with this game. I honestly can't believe how bad it is in comparison and how none of these streamers have noticed this? I guess don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Jon I will record a round for you.
Thanks Dan... your verdict was what I thought it would be, but I wasn't sure the differences would be quite that stark. I was able to run TGC 2019 at 60 FPS, as long as I kept the resolution at 1440p. If I used 2160p, I'd see 30 to 35 FPS. It sounds like 2K21 is on par with TGC 2019 in terms of frame rate performance, so I guess if I bought 2K21 I'd be running it at 1440p to get 60 FPS.

I turned the swing meters off day 1, but some of the Societies have them locked on. I know they're on when I played my two DSP rounds, and I should have looked to see if I could turn them off, but I didn't. I really find them to be more annoying than an aid, but everyone has their own preferences for stuff like that. I use the haptic feedback as my backswing baraometer, although it starts a bit early, IMO. I've calibrated my senses to it and am doing okay with it, but my tempo varies in ways I can't always reconcile.

I'm going to be $60 lighter in the pocket thanks to what you've said here today man! :lol: That's all I needed to hear... I'm dying to see how this new swing interface works with feedback that's updating twice as fast. It made a difference in TGC 2019, I know that, so much so that I had to quit playing it so I could keep my senses attuned to the XBox One version and be somewhat competitive.

What I'm really hoping is going to happen though is that HB Studios is going to take the 30 Hz vsync lock off the XBox One version if it senses you're playing on an XBox Series X. I know good and well this game could run at 60 FPS on the Series X, and that would make the XBox One version so much more desirable. I've asked them about this and all they'll say is that 2K21 will be backward compatible on the Series X... well Duh!? :o Microsoft keeps saying that XBox One games will look better and run faster on the Series X, but can they really run them faster when the developer/publisher has a 30 FPS lock on the code?

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I'll have to do another capture later as I forgot to set my capture settings, keep in mind I'm on an ultrawide and I don't think I can stream at that resolution.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/724360376
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I set up a PC Society if anyone wants to join.

Search Digital Sports page
Follow Me on:

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

I didn’t finish last!
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

Danimal wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:55 pm
I set up a PC Society if anyone wants to join.

Search Digital Sports page
Danimal, I sent a join request. I finally bought this through Steam. My first PC golf game since Sierra's PGA Championsip series.

It is fantastic so far. The mouse swing is much more subdued than Sierra's offering many years ago. I don't think I will even try a controller.

The presentation is much better than past Golf Club games.

I shot a -3 at my Q school on the setting below pro. (I want to get my feet wet first)

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Danimal wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:13 pm
The XB version is utter s*** compared to the PC version. I was wondering why people were posting about timing issues and now I see why, the lag in the swing on the XB version is ridiculous, you almost have to start your downswing before you golfers club is 3/4 of the way back to get a perfect. I literally jammed it once just to see if getting a fast was possible.

I think the lag is my problem. I can go on the driving range hit 20+ balls and they pretty much go right down the middle, start a round and drives off the tee are going to the right or left into the trees. Hopefully the performance is better when the new Series X Xbox is out.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

I entered the Boston event and had a terrible stretch. Ok second round, but other than that, woof.