Ghost Recon Break Point

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Ghost Recon Break Point

Post by RobVarak »

Got my feet wet with this finally. My God, what a mess! I've had at least 3 missions glitch to oblivion in different ways and I've only been playing for a day. The interface is a clu$f*** of epic proportions. Whoever "designed" that mission log interface should be launched out of the universe. The bizarre equipment rating system makes no sense at all. The bivouac system is dumb. Did they remove the routing system for vehicles, too? Advancing the day/night cycle is too damn much work and the drone's effectiveness at spotting, even with the range buff, is piss poor.

That said, even as only a solo so far, it remains fun despite the frustrations. I wanted to get some reps in before joining anyone in co-op (where it sounds like there is a treasure trove of new aggravations to deal with), but I will be hopping in soon. Looking forward to it.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

The location of the mission objective pin is absurd at least on the PC with an Ultra wide. Like move it to the upper left corner not right in my eye sight. I also hate the main base and the time it takes to get out of it.

Still a fun game but much more fun with others. Playing solo just makes me want to go back to D2.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I'm listening to a podcast right now and they are discussing this game and the guy just hit on the head what is bothering me. You can spend as much time if not more in the interface then in the world doing your thing.

Now if you just wander around and don't do missions or don't jump in every time you get a new piece of gear then this is a moot point. If you're playing the game by going on missions or want to follow an investigation etc you're spending countless time in the interface diving deep into menus.

Essentially he is saying there are great ideas in this game that are mired in the interface.
Follow Me on:

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

It's amazing. I haven't seen a crazy glitch that I remember. Take that back-I got wedged in the rocks once, but just fast traveled to the nearest bivouac. Other then that, nothing stands out.

And honestly, I like the bivouacs. The mission interface, yeah, it's hard to follow. I think they might have been going for an evidence peg board looking thing, but it doesn't really work.

That said, I still absolutely thoroughly enjoy this game. I wouldn't mind a redo of the missions system, but I also like wandering and letting missions come to me, so it's definitely not a huge deal to me.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Agree that the UI is a mess. Unlike Teal, I also dislike the bivouac system. But the game is a hell of a lot of fun to play, and I like the new environment even though it's fictional.

Hopefully all of these flaws can be fixed with patches. Ubisoft has a legacy of correcting blemishes through patches. Hell, it almost rebuilt The Division from the ground up after launch, transforming a decent-but-flawed game into an amazing title and franchise.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

To me Breakpoint has its share of redeeming qualities but unfortunately some of them are buried deep beneath the topsoil of repetitive gameplay, technical issues and a lack of depth that open world games like this one really needs. Definitely playing Co-op is more fun, I mean none of the foes know how to cover efficiently, the sea of enemies coming at you may seem overwhelming but running away or just simply turning away from them is often enough to lose them. Where’s the AI?

I am having some fun, expected more honestly from Ubisoft (they do come with quick patches) so at this point of everyone’s enjoyment of the game it really depends on their own ‘Breakpoint’. 8)

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

10spro wrote: I am having some fun, expected more honestly from Ubisoft (they do come with quick patches) so at this point of everyone’s enjoyment of the game it really depends on their own ‘Breakpoint’. 8)
Banned!
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

I am SO disappointed in this game. They really phoned this one in.

This is the first game where I have felt like ALL the changes/upgrades from last version to new one have made it worse. All the elements that still feel like GR:W are the only saving grace for me.

I just can't get over the bland missions and the horrible UI and really having no idea how and where to do things. Bummer.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I just got this yesterday, they know they f***ed up.

https://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/game/en ... ng-forward
Follow Me on:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:I just got this yesterday, they know they f***ed up.

https://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/game/en ... ng-forward
Same. I would doubt the intent to fix the game from almost any company besides Ubisoft. But Ubisoft did such an excellent job rebuilding The Division from the ground up with a massive post-release patch that I still hold hope for a similar resurrection for Breakpoint.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Teal has been very dedicated and diligent about keeping me posted on Ubisoft's efforts to resurrect this game, and his patience finally has paid off. Ubisoft released its latest patch for Breakpoint, and it has transformed a mess of a game into the true spiritual successor of the excellent Ghost Recon Wildlands.

With the addition of AI teammates and other significant overhauls, this game plays like Wildlands but with different weapons and settings. In other words, it feels like Ghost Recon again.

A huge improvement, just like Ubisoft did when it overhauled the original release of The Division and converted it from pure crap to my favorite looter-shooter franchise ever.

Even better, Breakpoint is on sale for $12 this week through Deals with Gold. Highly recommended, if you don't have it. Definitely worth double that price after this patch.

Thanks again for your persistence and patience, Teal!

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Lol, I do what I can. We didn't even get into the "Episode 2" story, which is MILES better than the convoluted original story. You work with Sam Fisher to uncover a plot to use drones to terrorize the citizens of Aurora, and it's tight, well constructed, and fun.

I'm finally actually enjoying this game.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

So I updated this and fired it back up based on your posts and I'm not seeing it as much more engaging. The immersive mode is great and so is the level of customization and AI team mates but the general game play is the same. I try to go from point A to point B and I run into dozens of 2 guy squads on motorcycles or just 4 dudes walking a patrol in the middle of the woods for now reason.

I can put a helicopter down 500 yards from groups of bad guys in the woods without them being alerted but if I am walking in the woods and that plane comes by and I don't go prone the whole island goes on alert.

What am I missing?
Follow Me on: