FIFA 20

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

FIFA 20

Post by Zlax45 »

I was accepted into the beta so I thought I would start a thread on the game...(I didn't see one started yet). I have always thought Fifa got the most play out of my system as even though with its faults it is fun.
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: FIFA 20

Post by pk500 »

It's the annual game of "As the Pendulum Swings" with FIFA.

EA just can't seem to get the pace of play right. The game is released, the community cries, "The game is too fast!" or "The game is too slow!" EA developers overreact and design the next year's game with a knee-jerk in the opposite direction.

Plus ball physics have been a consistent pile of sh*t in FIFA forever, especially compared to PES. The ball floats like a beach ball or inflatable pig at a Flaming Lips concert.

That said, FIFA has made huge strides and features the full license, excellent graphics and fun game modes. But PES is a better product on the field, especially with last year's game. This year's PES demo is excellent, too.

Curious to see where FIFA lands this year in terms of game speed and ball physics. Fingers crossed.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Great summation by PK and I take full credit for converting PK to PES :lol:

Supposedly EA have made a few changes to career mode so I might give it look this year. PES has the more realistic team play between the two as well as ball physics.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:Great summation by PK and I take full credit for converting PK to PES :lol:
Hang on there, Tex: I first started playing Konami soccer with International Superstar Soccer Pro 98 on the original PlayStation. Carlos Valderrama and his wild blonde hair were on the cover. :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

I thought I saw something about fifa changing to all new ball physics. No?
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

TheTruth wrote:I thought I saw something about fifa changing to all new ball physics. No?
I think I read that as well so waiting to see how it compares with PES because the ball physics in PES are really impressive.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Volta is really on the rails as there isn’t many missed passes. I feel the ball physics are better
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Zlax45 wrote:Volta is really on the rails as there isn’t many missed passes. I feel the ball physics are better
It’s nothing more than Fifa streets a mode created a few years ago where you can customize your players’ look, jersey teams, stadiums etc. When I was invited in their studios back in June, I told them the truth about it. I have no interest in this mode at all, it’s just an easy arcade pick up footie of five vs five.

I mean they got some cool animations in there and goal celebrations but how often will a serious Fifa player dig into that mode. Fix the career mode, bring back a good seasons mode. If it wasn’t for the license they own, honestly I don’t know where they would be as I play mostly FUT and even so I have done so in less fashion during the 19 version due to the poor gameplay.

The demo of PES 2020 has me so excited about the upcoming version. They nailed the speed of the game and camera angles. My love for PES goes back to those PS2 days where I would import the game from Japan and memorize a few Japanese words to get me going.

No google translate in those days, just the Asian leagues and odd international clubs but the gameplay was brilliant. The last couple of installments is inching them closer and closer to those glory days.

If they had the monetary aids, they would own EA in a heart beat with all the licenses.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

This is one of the reasons why people have a love/hate relationship with Fifa 20 especially when you play FUT online. There's no transparency, in typical EA fashion, when they screw up, they don't acknowledge and pull things in and out without notice. SBC's have been pathetic this year, servers as I mentioned before renders the online gameplay at times unplayable, which limits you to just play offline for more consistent play.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020 ... sbc-glitch

It's the greatest money grabbing mode for EA Sports. and people still play it.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

It doesn’t cost 150k to put together an 86 rated team so it’s clearly just the backlash of everyone hating EA. I was more pissed last week when I did half of a Bernardo Silva SBC and then it was pulled, so I had thought I lost the already completed items. Luckily a few days later it was all back, even the parts I completed. So whatever. EA sucks, but it’s still fun.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

FIFA 20 is a better game on the pitch this season than eFootball PES 2020, and that's all that really matters to me.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

pk500 wrote:FIFA 20 is a better game on the pitch this season than eFootball PES 2020, and that's all that really matters to me.
It might be but where PES 2020 excels at is, it's free. So I didn't need to shell out money for a yearly released soccer game.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:
pk500 wrote:FIFA 20 is a better game on the pitch this season than eFootball PES 2020, and that's all that really matters to me.
It might be but where PES 2020 excels at is, it's free. So I didn't need to shell out money for a yearly released soccer game.
True. It's nice to have choices, like we used to have with NBA, NFL, NHL and MLB games.

Competition pushes EA and Konami to make a better game every year. I've never played The Show, but I must applaud Sony because it continually seems to create a great baseball game every year despite no real competition. If only 2K did the same with NBA and EA with Madden, especially 2K. That series is in the doldrums. It's becoming flaccid due to lack of competition.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

You raised a good point PK. I don't see either 2K or EA relinquishing their turf because where they really make their money hand over fist is with 2K Virtual Coins and EA's Ultimate Team Modes. Sports games in general don't sell in great numbers like they used to. I'll bet EA makes a helluva lot more from MUT and FUT than they do from game sales. Which makes me feel these sports games should be selling for no more than $29.99 on day one.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Rodster wrote:You raised a good point PK. I don't see either 2K or EA relinquishing their turf because where they really make their money hand over fist is with 2K Virtual Coins and EA's Ultimate Team Modes. Sports games in general don't sell in great numbers like they used to. I'll bet EA makes a helluva lot more from MUT and FUT than they do from game sales. Which makes me feel these sports games should be selling for no more than $29.99 on day one.
EA definitely makes a ton worldwide with FUT points sales. MUT is far away from that league but with HUT coming along, those modes are big in NA. Sadly Sony is stewarding themselves in that mode too with Diamond Dynasty the last couple of years, where players are buying the biggest hitters in town and lately with the addition of legends. Kind of a new generation way for wanting things fast and now, instead of grinding things out from oldies like myself.

You hear kids spending thousands in FUT, never mind hundreds to get the best players in the world. Money talks of course and EA is laughing all the way to the bank.

I agree that they should sell the game cheaper but hey they also know that they will buy the game no matter what cost as long as those Ultimate modes are around.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Fortunately for me I never saw the fascination of building a fantasy team. Besides that, my inner PK wouldn't let me spend anything extra after paying full price for the game. And I bet these modes are coming to PES as well. It's too lucrative for the Publishers to pass up. 2K is the most egregious of all the publishers, IMO.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:Fortunately for me I never saw the fascination of building a fantasy team. Besides that, my inner PK wouldn't let me spend anything extra after paying full price for the game. And I bet these modes are coming to PES as well. It's too lucrative for the Publishers to pass up. 2K is the most egregious of all the publishers, IMO.
I'm with Rod. I never got into fantasy teams. I like playing games, tournaments and seasons with real teams. That's it.

Yeah, I'm a gaming Luddite. At least I know it. :)