The Golf Club 2019

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: The Golf Club 2019

Post by J_Cauthen »

Today's Daily at "Hermit of Mink Hollow" is a stunningly beautiful course... not only that, it's a great playing course. I made a lot of birdies there, but I also made almost as many bogies! Unbelievable how artistic this course is... Icyken has become one of my favorite course designers.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I was late getting today's tournament published, but it's up now... I gotta tell you guys; I'm in an overall gaming funk right now. It really started months ago with the demise of my Elite controller, and how adversely it affected my feel in The Golf Club 2019. I'm steadily getting worse with my 'best' stock, XBox One controller as I play it. Beyond that though, I'm finding that I'm not as frequently drawn to my racing games with my excellent Thrustmaster TX wheel and T3PA pedals, and an excellent NASCAR HEAT 4 :?

I hope I'll get my juices back here soon, but I think it's going to take an Elite controller purchase to expedite that! I'm also OD'ing on the football season, both college and pro, more than ever right now. I think that has more of a bearing on it than I'm willing to admit.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I'm so involved in all the great games out now this game doesn't even pop into my mind. Plus I bought a Golden Tee machine and it is in my office right next to my PC gaming setup so I can quickly jump on that for some arcade golf.

No news on a new version yet?
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:I'm so involved in all the great games out now this game doesn't even pop into my mind. Plus I bought a Golden Tee machine and it is in my office right next to my PC gaming setup so I can quickly jump on that for some arcade golf.

No news on a new version yet?
TGC 2019 still plays well enough, IMO, but it could be so much more. I think I'm as much frustrated with the inconsistent and less precision performance of my stock XB1 controller, compared to my now decommissioned Elite controller, as I am by my gaming funk.

As for the Golden Tee machine, which version do you have? I saw one at Buffalo Wild Wings and it looked like a more 3D version of what I remembered playing in the 90's! Either way, I'd like to have one myself someday 8)

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I have the Arcade 1up version it has 4 version of GT on it.

https://arcade1up.com/products/golden-tee

I own 4 A1Up machines, I'll be getting the Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles one this weekend I hope and I have a pre-order in for the SW cabinet which comes out on the 15th so that will be 6 machines. I love these things.
Follow Me on:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

John, isn’t Halloween sometimes in the next ten days or so to enjoy the current weekend course? :evil:

Beautiful though. :roll:

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

I think I'm done with the DSP Society, interest seems to have died down with participation in tourneys and it was feeling like a chore to start up the game and play everyday, ready for a new game. I have also been having connection problems with this game only over the last 3 weeks where the game won't connect online after multiple tries and reboots, guess that is the final sign for me to retire it. :)
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

vader29 wrote:I think I'm done with the DSP Society, interest seems to have died down with participation in tourneys and it was feeling like a chore to start up the game and play everyday, ready for a new game. I have also been having connection problems with this game only over the last 3 weeks where the game won't connect online after multiple tries and reboots, guess that is the final sign for me to retire it. :)
Interesting that you say that. I have had connection problems with every Xbox version of TGC (TGC, TGC2, and TGC 2019). A couple weeks ago I decided to give it another shot and after three disconnects just trying to get back into the DSP Society I gave up. I don't know why those games in particular give me so many problems, but it has definitely been a deterrent for me. I have assumed it has been something that I need to change on my end, but have never found anything to help. I play a lot of Forza and Dirt Rally 2.0 that basically require a connection and don't run into the constant disconnects that I run into with TGC. My son plays a good bit of Fortnite and NBA2K and has stable connection. This is also with two different routers and two different Xbox over the years of TGC.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

vader29 wrote:I think I'm done with the DSP Society, interest seems to have died down with participation in tourneys and it was feeling like a chore to start up the game and play everyday, ready for a new game. I have also been having connection problems with this game only over the last 3 weeks where the game won't connect online after multiple tries and reboots, guess that is the final sign for me to retire it. :)
For various reasons, I've lost my desire to play golf games over the last month or so, and to a lesser extent, games in general. I've just burned out on golf in general. I have no desire to go to the local course and play, hit the practice range, or even watch or read about golf. I'm just satiated with it, but I've been hitting it heavily since August of 2018, both IRL and cyber golf.

As good as NASCAR HEAT 4, F1 2019, Elite Dangerous, The Outer Worlds, and Rocket League are, I'm not drawn to play them as frequently and at shorter durations when I do. I'll likely come out of this, but it's the most apathetic I've been about gaming that I can ever recall.

I did see that there was a course featured by the Casuals Golf Club this week called Haddonfield Country Club Tour. t's got a nice Autumn/Halloween look and feel to it. I played the first 5 holes and was compelled enough to set a Daily tournament for it today in DSP Society. It was more a matter of it being an interesting sight seeing expedition, with an incredible sense of 'this is a real course with a real presence and infrastucture to support it' attitude as I played it. It's got some interesting dogleg bite off challenges if you want to take a risk.

This will be only the second 18 hole round of TGC 2019 I've completed in over a week if I do complete it (and I think I will as much as I'm just intrigued by the course). I'll pop a Daily tournament on the schedule from time to time when I see something that really stands out, but yeah, I'm done with the everyday grind with it probably until February, or until a new TGC is released.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Well I appreciate you guys letting me join and had a good time playing against you all. Definitely hoping for a new version.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Well John, thanks for setting up Haddonfields country for today. Nice Fall, tricky Halloween feel to it. Hope your interest in games eventually comes back. For me in general it’s just a good distraction for my sometimes stressful walks in life, a diversion if you will and when it comes to sports in general I am all in.

Thanks to you and Vader for setting up the tourneys in the past, I just finished with a -1 today. I am sure that all DSP participants here present and past appreciate it.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I've got three daily tournaments posted for Monday through Wednesday. They're at courses that on which I'm reading discussions and comments about in various places. I find that I have a hard time finding the motivation to play a course just for the sake of playing it. A tournament context, even as casual as what we're doing here gives me some added incentive to play. I've played none of them yet, but they're all 4 star, or higher. Might find a jewel or two among them.

I know some of you are going to be getting Elite 2 controllers over the next few days and this might be a good place to put them to the test 8)

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

J_Cauthen wrote:
I know some of you are going to be getting Elite 2 controllers over the next few days and this might be a good place to put them to the test 8)
I’ll be playing again in our society’s tournaments once I receive my preordered Elite 2. :)

-MERACE

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

MERACE wrote: I’ll be playing again in our society’s tournaments once I receive my preordered Elite 2. :)
When I start reading rave reviews from Elite 2 owners about how well it works with TGC 2019, I know I'll cave to the pressure then!

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I thought I'd try something different for the forthcoming weeked (Thursday through Sunday). I've set up a 2 rounder, that can be played over those four days, at Cascade Valley - Washington. I know at times I've been hard pressed to get in four rounds over the weekend since football season started. I've got another daily set for today at a very popular course called Arenales del Sol C.C. It looks to be a tropical course, but it's set in the desert theme environment... looks intriguing to the eye, but I haven't stepped off the first tee yet.

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

J_Cauthen wrote:I thought I'd try something different for the forthcoming weeked (Thursday through Sunday). I've set up a 2 rounder, that can be played over those four days, at Cascade Valley - Washington. I know at times I've been hard pressed to get in four rounds over the weekend since football season started.
Thanks John for the 2 rounder over 4 days. I suggested that a while back and was shouted down. :wink:

With my busy schedule and my grandsons dominating my Xbox One X I have much less time for gaming than I did in the past.

The Best Buy rep said that they get their truck with new shipments on Thursday so I'm hoping I will finally take possession of my pre-ordered Elite 2 controller.

-MERACE

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

MERACE wrote:Thanks John for the 2 rounder over 4 days. I suggested that a while back and was shouted down. :wink:

With my busy schedule and my grandsons dominating my Xbox One X I have much less time for gaming than I did in the past.

The Best Buy rep said that they get their truck with new shipments on Thursday so I'm hoping I will finally take possession of my pre-ordered Elite 2 controller.
I feel your pain... I was on the first tee for yesterday's daily and got called by my daughter who was having car trouble at 10:00 AM. By the time my day was done at 9:30 PM, I was too tired to fire the XBox One X up last night to finish the round.

I'm contemplating picking up one at Walmart this morning, but Best Buy here says they're supposed to be getting some into today also. Walmart's only 5 miles away, while Best Buy is 10. I wish now I'd ordered one from Amazon way back when. Hope your Best Buy comes through for you today. I'm anxious to read your thoughts on it.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

MERACE wrote: The Best Buy rep said that they get their truck with new shipments on Thursday so I'm hoping I will finally take possession of my pre-ordered Elite 2 controller.
Didjah git it... didjah git it!? The fate of dozens of prospective buyers is contingent on your next words! :lol:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Just played 2 rounds with the Elite 2 controller. Keep in mind I hadn't played TGC in like 2 months and I didn't practice just jumped in. All I did before starting was adjust the stick tension to as tight as it could go. I shot a -5 in round 1, I started +2 after 3 holes and I missed 3 or 4 short birdie putts because I'm rusty reading breaks. What I notice 95% of my shots were straight lines and perfect / perfect. The controller really showed its value on approach shots, pitches and long putts. My pitched all left me with makeable putts and my long putts when I didn't make them were right at the hole.

Before round 2 I went in and adjust the stick setting to be more smooth to see what it would do and was adjusting the tension so that round sucked but I wasn't trying just messing with the sticks but on a pretty much stock E2 without playing for months on what seemed to be a very tight course I shot a -5 out of the gate. If I got this controller set up correctly and played like I was I think an average of -6 to -10 per round wouldn't be a problem. I turned to my wife during round 1 and said this is like cheating but then I butchered round 2 while f***in around so jurys still out
Follow Me on:

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

J_Cauthen wrote:
MERACE wrote: The Best Buy rep said that they get their truck with new shipments on Thursday so I'm hoping I will finally take possession of my pre-ordered Elite 2 controller.
Didjah git it... didjah git it!? The fate of dozens of prospective buyers is contingent on your next words! :lol:
I've been calling BB every day this week checking to see if they received a new shipment of Elite 2 controllers and last night they said mine was in and ready for pickup. :D

For starters, I love the case that it comes with and where everything has it's place. The controller had a weighty feel to it and the rubber grips felt fantastic. This controller wreaks of quality! 8O

The feature I was looking forward to the most is the tension adjustable sticks. In TGC 2019 I went with the tightest spring setting and could not believe how easy it was to keep close to the middle of the blue swing line. My tempos were even better although I still have too many slow downswings. :(

In past golf games I was actually pretty good at putting. In TGC 2019 using my stock Xbox One X controller I was missing way too may 6-10 foot putts and rarely made putts over 15 feet. Now with my Elite 2 controller I'm making way more of these putts. :D

This weekend's DSP Society rounds were played with my stock Xbox One X controller and I sucked as usual. :oops: However, using my Elite 2 controller with max stick tension on the current Open Society tournament I finished the 1st round -9 tied for 2nd place. I'm almost done with my 2nd round but I've been experimenting with the stick tension settings during that round so I've dropped out of the top 10 on the leader boards.

I look forward to exploring the various settings options in the Xbox Accessories app. :)

-MERACE

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:Just played 2 rounds with the Elite 2 controller. Keep in mind I hadn't played TGC in like 2 months and I didn't practice just jumped in. All I did before starting was adjust the stick tension to as tight as it could go. I shot a -5 in round 1, I started +2 after 3 holes and I missed 3 or 4 short birdie putts because I'm rusty reading breaks. What I notice 95% of my shots were straight lines and perfect / perfect. The controller really showed its value on approach shots, pitches and long putts. My pitched all left me with makeable putts and my long putts when I didn't make them were right at the hole.

Before round 2 I went in and adjust the stick setting to be more smooth to see what it would do and was adjusting the tension so that round sucked but I wasn't trying just messing with the sticks but on a pretty much stock E2 without playing for months on what seemed to be a very tight course I shot a -5 out of the gate. If I got this controller set up correctly and played like I was I think an average of -6 to -10 per round wouldn't be a problem. I turned to my wife during round 1 and said this is like cheating but then I butchered round 2 while f***in around so jurys still out
I always found it easier to hit the ball straight when using the stiffer tension setting in the two tension level XBox One controller. The problem for me with the stiffer tension was putting. I found that I had less touch with the putter at the stiffer tension. I tried playing with stiff tension on all but chip shots and putts, and scored better, but I simply got tired of having to mechanically change the sticks for each shot type, and went back to normal tension for all shots.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

deleted... duplicate
Last edited by J_Cauthen on Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

MERACE wrote:I've been calling BB every day this week checking to see if they received a new shipment of Elite 2 controllers and last night they said mine was in and ready for pickup. :D

For starters, I love the case that it comes with and where everything has it's place. The controller had a weighty feel to it and the rubber grips felt fantastic. This controller wreaks of quality! 8O

The feature I was looking forward to the most is the tension adjustable sticks. In TGC 2019 I went with the tightest spring setting and could not believe how easy it was to keep close to the middle of the blue swing line. My tempos were even better although I still have too many slow downswings. :(

In past golf games I was actually pretty good at putting. In TGC 2019 using my stock Xbox One X controller I was missing way too may 6-10 foot putts and rarely made putts over 15 feet. Now with my Elite 2 controller I'm making way more of these putts. :D

This weekend's DSP Society rounds were played with my stock Xbox One X controller and I sucked as usual. :oops: However, using my Elite 2 controller with max stick tension on the current Open Society tournament I finished the 1st round -9 tied for 2nd place. I'm almost done with my 2nd round but I've been experimenting with the stick tension settings during that round so I've dropped out of the top 10 on the leader boards.

I look forward to exploring the various settings options in the Xbox Accessories app. :)
See my comments to Danimal above concerning the stick tension. I should add that I had more trouble maintaining tempo with higher stick tension, in addition to less touch with putting. Yes, I mostly painted the Y axis with my swing path high tension sticks, but being off tempo can more than offset that.

The Elite 1 allowed me to be more consistent in tempo regulation and have a higher degree of touch putting, using the default tension settings. You've got a lot to experiment with and I'm sure you'll find a proper mix eventually.[/quote]

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

If not for the peeling grips I’d prefer the feel of the original Elite controller. For some reason I don’t like the new texture on the new one. Also, the D pad seems to be more loose and louder when clicked, which I do a lot of in the transfer market on FIFA Ultimate team. I actually ordered a second one to just make sure it’s not my specific controller. The new one just feels cheaper. After using it for a week anyway.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

If you're playing the daily at Smitten Kensington today, don't leave your tee shot short of the green on #8. The heavy rough, even as close as 10 feet from the green, is OB. I put 3 balls OB there today, then 4-putted for an 11. This was a round where I wish I hadn't taken my 3-iron out of the bag in favor of a gap wedge. The 4-iron wasn't enough and the 2-iron was way too much. :x