XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Post by sportdan30 »

Danimal wrote:Friend told me the Bard's Tale remastered trilogy is on game pass. Not sure if he meant PC or Xbox.
Wow, I remember watching my of my good childhood friend's play this on his PC back in the early to mid 80s. What a nostalgia trip. I'll have to check it out even if for just the memories.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

sportdan30 wrote:
Danimal wrote:Friend told me the Bard's Tale remastered trilogy is on game pass. Not sure if he meant PC or Xbox.
Wow, I remember watching my of my good childhood friend's play this on his PC back in the early to mid 80s. What a nostalgia trip. I'll have to check it out even if for just the memories.
So by today's standards these games are old. You'll randomly go into houses, fight monsters by selecting all your parties actions and hitting enter. I've had this collection on Steam for a bit because I backed Bt 4. I already plaed through BT 1 again and I'm on 2.

You'll either get wrapped up in the ease of playing and its like crack or you will be like "who played this s***?"

But it free, well sort of. LOL
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

The Bard's Tale was one of the best Commodore 64 games, right up there with Wasteland.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

Finally broke down and bought No Man's Sky ($34 on sale - XB1X). What a trippy game. Unclear (so far) if there's any real "point" to the game (which is OK with me), but I'm finding it super relaxing just farting around & exploring.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Official Maximum Football 2019 Game Play Trailer 01

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHzJWTN15Ko

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

I'm reading that Borderlands 3 is having some technical difficulties on the advanced consoles (X and Pro) and actually runs better on the OG's. That's disappointing to learn.
GT = Wilk5280

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Wilk5280 wrote:I'm reading that Borderlands 3 is having some technical difficulties on the advanced consoles (X and Pro) and actually runs better on the OG's. That's disappointing to learn.
I’ve had the occasional hiccup and it rebooted my X once but other than that one time game plays good to me. Having a blast! Literally. Haha
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Smooth as butter on my XB1X
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Wilk5280
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Wilk5280 »

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kevinmurna ... box-one-s/

This is the article I read that made me think to make the post above.
GT = Wilk5280

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

I've had an occasional hiccup or two, but it runs fine in Performance Mode on my X as well.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Well it was only a matter of time but France has decided that companies like Steam who sells digital games have no legal authority to say you can't re-sell your digital games. Steam says they are selling subscriptions to games (Huh) but French courts are saying they are selling a license instead to a game so the buyer has a right to sell their used digital games. Of course Steam is going to fight the ruling. I doubt it will gain any traction in the US but it would be pretty sweet if you could sell your used digital games.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Dual Shock getting a “back button” attachment after the new year.
https://www.polygon.com/2019/12/17/2102 ... laystation
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I had an extra 250 GB SSD so I decided to throw it into a USB 3.0 enclosure and plug it into my XB1 and moved a few games over to it.

Not mind blowing load time improvements but noticeable for sure. Why haven't I done this sooner?
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Isle of Man TT: Ride on the Edge is one of the free Games with Gold in February. GET IT! Great game that's a real challenge.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

pk500 wrote:Isle of Man TT: Ride on the Edge is one of the free Games with Gold in February. GET IT! Great game that's a real challenge.
Thanks for the heads-up on this one Paul! I've always had a curiosity about this one, which was recently ratcheted up by the news of the developments with its soon to come successor. This is a great way to boost interest in the new title by letting everyone who's been fence sitting have a romp with its forerunner. I'm just learning this morning that Man TT: Ride on the Edge is also XBox One X enhanced in 4K Ultra HD... now I'm really stoked! 8)

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

J_Cauthen wrote:
pk500 wrote:Isle of Man TT: Ride on the Edge is one of the free Games with Gold in February. GET IT! Great game that's a real challenge.
Thanks for the heads-up on this one Paul! I've always had a curiosity about this one, which was recently ratcheted up by the news of the developments with its soon to come successor. This is a great way to boost interest in the new title by letting everyone who's been fence sitting have a romp with its forerunner. I'm just learning this morning that Man TT: Ride on the Edge is also XBox One X enhanced in 4K Ultra HD... now I'm really stoked! 8)
A few tips, John, which I shared recently with Teal:

1. Expect to crash. Often. This game is hard, and one of its few flaws is idiosyncratic force feedback. You feel every bump in the road, engine vibrations, etc. But you don't get the greatest sense of loss of rear-tire grip, which is odd. You learn how to deal with it, and apparently fixing this is a primary focus for the developers with the handling model of the sequel.

2. Ride the 600s. Don't even bother with the Superbikes until you get a good handle on the 600s, which may never happen. I've played this game since launch, and I don't ride the Supers. The 600s are tough; the Supers are BEASTS.

3. Use the racing line. The Mountain course is 37 MILES long. Don't be sadistic and try to memorize all of it. But also realize there are sections of the course in which you can keep the throttle pinned when the line tells you to slow. You'll learn that through trial and error -- and crashing. Lots of crashing.

4. Don't race. There are races in this game, and they're fun. But nothing beats trying to set your best time on the 37-mile Mountain course. It's so challenging and fun. This is the ultimate leaderboard and time trial racing game.

5. Savor the sense of speed. The sense of speed in this game from the cockpit camera is INSANE. There is no other sim or simcade game that can compare. The only other racing game in which I can recall this this sense of speed is the Burnout series.

Enjoy!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Thanks for that list of suggestions Paul. I'm sure I'll need to put all of them into practice. I anxious to experience the feel of this game, based on your and other reactions to it I've read. I'll have no problem starting with the 600s. I read the following in a preview of TT Isle of Man 2 and really got intrigued:

"The bike physics have been rebuilt from the ground up to create ultra-realistic behaviour. The gyroscopic effect is now completely integrated for more precise steering, and speed wobbles have been added to alert riders that a fall could be imminent. The brakes and shock absorbers have also been redesigned. They now respond to all bumps in the road and create a riding experience that is much more faithful to what a real motorcycle racer experiences on the iconic TT Mountain Course."

The above might help ease my conscience over buying my Elite 2 controller which hasn't done nearly what I'd hoped in helping my diminishing TGC 2019 performance! :)

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I've played every racing game on the planet, and nothing instills a sense of fear and speed like TT:IoM.

A good motorcycle "controller" on PC + VR support would probably require me to change my underwear after sessions.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

TCrouch wrote:I've played every racing game on the planet, and nothing instills a sense of fear and speed like TT:IoM.
THIS. :idea:

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

TCrouch wrote:I've played every racing game on the planet, and nothing instills a sense of fear and speed like TT:IoM.

A good motorcycle "controller" on PC + VR support would probably require me to change my underwear after sessions.
Good to hear... and something like you're suggesting in your last comment would definitely push me into the VR world! 8)

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

One other tip for Isle of Man TT: Use the cockpit cam. Even if you don't use it in any other racing game. Don't rob yourself of the most INSANE sense of speed of any sim racing game, which is most pronounced from behind the fairing. Plus you get the best seat-of-the-pants feel from the cockpit.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Downloading Isle of Man TT: Ride on the Edge right now. I can't wait to give it a trial after the glowing impressions I'm reading about it here! 8)

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Got to play Isle of Man TT a good bit yesterday. You guys are right, I've never played a racing game that conveyed the sense of speed as well as this one does! I've got a lot of work to do to become competent with the bike handling. I'm going with left trigger for front brake and the "A" button for the rear brake, but I'm no where near balancing that properly. I can't compete against the AI yet, but I use them as guides to help me through a lap or two before they're all out of sight.

I do find it impossible to race in a pack early in the race. I have no sense of where the bikes are behind and beside me using the 'cockpit' camera, but once I'm in last place, I have pretty good luck keeping up with the bike in front of me, as long as I don't try to pass.

My first two play sessions I frustration quit on because of my inability to stay on the bike. I got bitten by the game just enough to come back and try again. It's the type of game that I'm pretty sure will grow on my over time, I just don't want to learn any bad braking habits while I'm in the early stages.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

You're a brave man for using dual brakes, John. I use left trigger for combined brakes and right trigger for throttle. There's no shame in using that setup in such an unforgiving title as this one.

I do use face buttons for manual gear shifting, which is almost a must in this game if you want fast lap times. Engine braking can be a very effective tool while maintaining all-important momentum, especially when a corner precedes a long straight.

Falling is inevitable. Low-speed falls don't kill your lap time. In fact, my best lap around the Mountain -- around 18:50, I think -- came on a lap with two or three falls. But they were all in slow corners, so I didn't lose time. Falls on long, fast corners, corners that precede long straights or on straights inhale big chunks of time.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Same...combined brakes here. No way was I worrying about that in addition to just trying to stay upright :lol: