R.I.P. Ric Ocasek

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

R.I.P. Ric Ocasek

Post by F308GTB »

Seems like just yesterday. I was a 15 year old kid frantically calling Ticketmaster as soon as tickets went on sale in Dallas for The Cars concert. It was the Heartbeat City tour, and I was able to nab tickets for me, my sister, and her boyfriend. 3rd row, center. Great seats, an awesome view of Ric and the rest of guys, and a fantastic evening of music. Good times. Thanks for the legacy of your music Ric.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: R.I.P. Ric Ocasek

Post by pk500 »

Great band. An important part of the soundtrack of my youth. Few bands bridged the gap between rock, new wave and pop better than The Cars.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Agreed, of all the 80's bands and music I was into, nothing takes me back to a specific time and place like hearing a Cars song. Not to mention, he gave me hope for marrying a super model. He also produced one of my most listened to and loved albums of all time, Weezer's Blue Album. Thanks for your art and talent Ric, RIP indeed.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Loved their songs. My favorite was the ballad ‘Drive’, great mixture of synthesizers , punk, new wave sound. ‘Shake it up’ was cool, just fun music on the go that you can still hear on classic rock stations and reminiscent.

RIP Rick...

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Drive was one of my favorites for sure. RIP :(
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Who can forget the song playing in the background of the movie scene that launched 1,000 masturbation sessions in the 1980s?

The scene? Phoebe Cates, climbing from the pool and removing her top, in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High."

The song? The outstanding "Moving in Stereo" off The Cars' magnificent debut album.

:)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425