NHL 20

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NHL 20

Post by Diablo25 »

GameSeven wrote:
MizzouRah wrote:Wow.. a huge franchise update this year!

https://youtu.be/r89ljQvL_oY
I thought there was a lot to like in that list.

I'm pretty much exclusively an EASHL player these days, but if they can pull off a deep franchise mode, I might be tempted to dabble in it a bit more.

I'm doubtful based on track record, but that offered some nice detail of their thought process at least.
What 7 said.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

EA Access trial now available on Xbox One.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Downloaded the EA Access trial. Played three offline games at varying play styles.

This might be the worst offline version of the NHL franchise in a decade. That's saying something, considering it's a pretty low bar.

Why do I ever bother anymore? Thank God for EA Access, saving me $60. The trial already has been uninstalled.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

I purchased today...I did not play the beta and after one game, I think it might be the best NHL in quite some time...although I like NHL 19. Game definitely has a different feel and I saw some really good things from the CPU...especially in regards to their goals. I also love James Cybulski calling the game.....lots of energy and definitely adds to the excitement of the game. The fun factor is definitely there....I'm pleasantly surprised.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

asked to join the team. Vibrantorange is my tag.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I am really enjoying HUT...more than normal. Squad Battles (ala Fifa) Is also very enjoyable. 20 is probably the best NHL package in a while.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Diablo25 wrote:I am really enjoying HUT...more than normal. Squad Battles (ala Fifa) Is also very enjoyable. 20 is probably the best NHL package in a while.
Haven’t dug that mode yet as I am probably rewarded with many packs for my involvement in the past. It’s been frustrating in EASHL with the boys so far, the gameplay is fine but we are not getting the breaks.

Gotta check Squad Battles then.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I'm still waiting on Amazon to deliver mine. So much for release day delivery.
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

MizzouRah wrote:I'm still waiting on Amazon to deliver mine. So much for release day delivery.
Now I know Troy MO is way out in the sticks but I know they have a Walmart and maybe even a Gamestop? :o
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

tjung0831 wrote:
Now I know Troy MO is way out in the sticks but I know they have a Walmart and maybe even a Gamestop? :o
:lol:

I had an Amazon gift card to use up or I would have went to Gamestop for sure (yes we have one).

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

tjung0831 wrote:I purchased today...I did not play the beta and after one game, I think it might be the best NHL in quite some time...although I like NHL 19. Game definitely has a different feel and I saw some really good things from the CPU...especially in regards to their goals. I also love James Cybulski calling the game.....lots of energy and definitely adds to the excitement of the game. The fun factor is definitely there....I'm pleasantly surprised.
After 2 play now games, I'm totally with you! NHL 19 bored me to death as it was basically the same as 18 but with scouts. They have done a fantastic job this year for offline franchise mode players (and I thought we were forgotten in sports games).

Love the commentary, presentation, puck pickups, puck physics, replays and overall it's just a fun game to play this year. Lost 3-1 against the Bruins and beat the Devils, 3-1. Both games were very different games.. oh and the crown is much more into it and I really enjoy all the new goalie animations and awareness.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I'll say I was quite disappointed with the game initially on the default settings (sliders). But by a few adjustments of the sliders (specifically the puck control and passing ones) and lowering the game speed, it really opened up NHL 20 for the better. It's far less tape to tape and actually resembles the the sport like never before. It's still leans toward an arcade feel, but I'm not complaining. This game separates itself from the past several years and that's a very good thing!

I'm still getting used to the commentary. It's slowly growing on me. The play by play guy sounds like he could be announcing NBA Jam. He could be a little less excited perhaps. Also, it's rather bothersome that he doesn't call out the goalie's name. Feels much too generic. All in all, there's potential with this commentating team. At the very least, the staleness of the presentation is gone.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

I love Cybulski on the PBP. The game just really feels alive with him. I finally made a few slider changes last night...mostly related to game speed and player speed and had one of the best games of video hockey I’ve had in a long long time.
At this point I feel the love like I did with NHL 94...I just want to keep playing it over and over.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

I love the commentary too and all the flashy stat overlays.. and I'm with Dan when the one thing that bothers me is they don't say the goalies name, which really sticks out to me when playing.

I hope they clean that up.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

There’s going to be a patch update on October 1st which includes Franchise mode, pucks being picked easily from your pocket especially from behind (those that play online can welcome this change), puck loss when pivoting at high speed, if the puck gets deviated in the offensive zone, the faceoff will remain in the offensive zone and not in the neutral zone.

Have yet to play HUT but apparently the ping will be improved, some goalie animations will be improved including their tracking of the puck, etc.

For more info check it out...

https://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion ... ctober-1st

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

10spro wrote:There’s going to be a patch update on October 1st which includes Franchise mode, pucks being picked easily from your pocket especially from behind (those that play online can welcome this change), puck loss when pivoting at high speed, if the puck gets deviated in the offensive zone, the faceoff will remain in the offensive zone and not in the neutral zone.

Have yet to play HUT but apparently the ping will be improved, some goalie animations will be improved including their tracking of the puck, etc.

"Multiplayer hug improvements"

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

vader29 wrote:
10spro wrote:There’s going to be a patch update on October 1st which includes Franchise mode, pucks being picked easily from your pocket especially from behind (those that play online can welcome this change), puck loss when pivoting at high speed, if the puck gets deviated in the offensive zone, the faceoff will remain in the offensive zone and not in the neutral zone.

"Multiplayer hug improvements"

:lol: what we can use tongues now FFS

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccf1gysIxj4

watch out in the next 5 man hug.

Lancer