Digital Sportspage

Talk about sports gaming
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:19 am 
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Zlax45 wrote:
Literally the first goal I scored in PES 19 was a near post flick on goal from a corner. Something similar to this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO837CeoEyU

I forgot how special it was to score a great goal in PES!

Gianfranco Zola! I hate Chelsea, but what a wonderful little man he was on the pitch. :)

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:08 pm 
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Master league trailer.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:44 am 
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Quick observations as I played three games...I scored a few different types of goals from some great passing to taking a shot from 30+ yards out. The computer scored a goal off both posts and then tapped in a ball once and another one was off a free kick as they got to the second ball to head it by my keeper. I feel the computer doesn’t foul enough yet but there do foul you on occasion. I am enjoying it more than the FIFA 20 which I was in.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:17 am 
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Loving the game. Played the FIFA 20 demo too and the gameplay here is so much more realistic, organic, it feels just like footie. I got the PS4 version, got already the Kits from PES Universe and will be patching everything on. Here’s a little clip on my tying goal, a beauty by Salah. Gameplay was on pass assist 1 and top player level.

Commentary is decent too.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:34 am 
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

10spro wrote:
Loving the game. Played the FIFA 20 demo too and the gameplay here is so much more realistic, organic, it feels just like footie. I got the PS4 version, got already the Kits from PES Universe and will be patching everything on. Here’s a little clip on my tying goal, a beauty by Salah. Gameplay was on pass assist 1 and top player level.

Who's doing the commentary this year, Drury and Co.?

Some of the reviews on Steam say that the game play has changed where the game speed has been upped and it makes the player animations seem erratic and choppy. Any truth to that? If so does reducing the game speed improve that area? I'll probably wait for a sale before buying and i'm decided whether to go PC or PS4 this year?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:27 am 
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

PES 2020 is definitely faster than FIFA 20, both on default levels. The worm has turned, as FIFA always used to be the speed racer.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:02 pm 
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Rodster wrote:
10spro wrote:

Who's doing the commentary this year, Drury and Co.?

Some of the reviews on Steam say that the game play has changed where the game speed has been upped and it makes the player animations seem erratic and choppy. Any truth to that? If so does reducing the game speed improve that area? I'll probably wait for a sale before buying and i'm decided whether to go PC or PS4 this year?

Not sure of their names, but when I mentioned decent, they do their job but overtime it may sound a bit repetitive in certain plays over the pitch. My disappointment is that they took the Spanish commentators out and instead added a couple of Asian languages (I am sure Japanese is one of them) and added an Arabic one as well. If you understand those languages, I am sure that the commentary will be spicier than those two blokes together.

I am playing on the PS4 and to be honest, I don’t think the game plays faster than last year. In fact, it’s a tad slower than 19 which I love. Whether it’s the new a Stadium camera or the fluid animations, the pace is just perfect as it feels more organic, life sim like experience on the field.

Definitely more immersive and best PES edition yet.

What you probably read is that in certain plays, especially when your players are too close together, the player that you choose to take the ball inexplicably seems to do a dummy and the play gets loose as the AI closes on you. So player switching at times feels a bit awry.

Not often, but they were those odd moments, where you knew that the ball was directed at a specific player but the receiver let it go. So checking your pass settings is very important.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:43 pm 
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Of all the reviews that I have come across so far, this one pretty much summarizes my thoughts. A beautiful game going back to the original roots that we've come to love from Konami from the PS2 days, Winning Eleven.

Notice how they also mention the speed of the game has slowed yet a tiny bit and for me it’s just about perfect.

Don't let the lack of full licenses bother you folks if you have the PC or PS4 version.

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/efootb ... 0-6417297/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:36 am 
Mario Mendoza

The PES Universe option file is outstanding. Worth every penny. And I am not affiliated with them in any way. Just a very happy PES 2020 player.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:14 pm 
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Terrific, detailed review of PES 2020 from the brilliant Eurogamer:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019 ... f-football

I think PES 2020 and FIFA 20 both have their share of flaws, based on my play of the demos and full FIFA 20 game.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:26 pm 
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

I’ve read complaints that PES 2020 is playing different than what was shown for the demo.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:15 pm 
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Rodster wrote:
I’ve read complaints that PES 2020 is playing different than what was shown for the demo.

Konami has a weird way of final products being very different to demos.

I HATED the demos for PES 2018 and 2019 yet LOVED the retail versions of both games. I enjoyed the PES 2020 demo, so recent history would indicate I may dislike the retail version. :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:07 pm 
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

I didn’t notice any differences between the demo and the retail game. But the small glitch that eurogamer refers to and I mentioned it a couple of posts above is there although not often. I see it in the offensive zone when the player you choose to receive the ball goes a bit awry and it becomes a loose ball between your player and the AI.

Online still depends on people’s conection which is sad, but with my club and master league modes it’s a fine simulation of the beautiful game.

Loving it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:07 am 
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Here's an explanation from the Dev team on what has changed from the demo to the retail game.

https://m.facebook.com/pes.devteam/post ... 7312703248