DEAL ALERT THREAD

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: DEAL ALERT THREAD

Post by Pete1210 »

Extension is also based upon existing length of your game pass subscription.

https://www.techspot.com/news/80435-xbo ... games.html
Last edited by Pete1210 on Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

GameSeven wrote:
XXXIV, don't know if you've tried it already, but as you're a Souls fan, the GamePass game "Ashen" is supposed to evoke that vibe a bit.

Thanks for the heads up G7.

I revisited the list and I can see at least 3 or 4 games I will at some point give a spin.

Again its basically free for us Live lifers so...

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Still can't believe how good a deal this is. Now with a $50 CDKeys 12 Month Xbox Live Gold, and using my unused Bing Rewards that I did not know I even had (Thanks Rod!!), I am now an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate member until 3/22/2021, all for $50.00 - pretty cool!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Pete1210 wrote:Extension is also based upon existing length of your game pass subscription.

https://www.techspot.com/news/80435-xbo ... games.html
Ah, no wonder I was given seven free months of Gold after extending through May 2021, pushing me to December 2021, which was matched by GamePass. I was paid up for GamePass through this December. I don't go month-by-month; I got a killer deal on a year of GamePass for $70 last December.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Age of Wonders III is free on Steam.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Anyone looking for some extra XBL Gold? Microsoft currently has a pretty sweet deal, 22,500 reward points gets you a year of XBL Gold.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Days Gone on the PS4 is marked down to $40. I just picked up this game recently after months of deliberating. It's a blast to play. Good story, tense, stealth, survival, and a little frightening. Really enjoying it so far!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

sportdan30 wrote:Days Gone on the PS4 is marked down to $40. I just picked up this game recently after months of deliberating. It's a blast to play. Good story, tense, stealth, survival, and a little frightening. Really enjoying it so far!
I'd like to hear more since this game had been on my maybe list. Just so many bad reviews about it, also released with no hype at all. Please do say more.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Danimal wrote:
sportdan30 wrote:Days Gone on the PS4 is marked down to $40. I just picked up this game recently after months of deliberating. It's a blast to play. Good story, tense, stealth, survival, and a little frightening. Really enjoying it so far!
I'd like to hear more since this game had been on my maybe list. Just so many bad reviews about it, also released with no hype at all. Please do say more.
I just sold my copy this week after about 35 hours of play. Not so much because it’s a bad game but it did seem repetitive after a little awhile. After all, how many zombies can you keep shooting at? It’s a scrappy but interesting adventure despite some minor bugs, but the developers have been quite active at fixing those minor issues.

There’s a nice mixture of stealth combats and crafting to be made in a big open world where you will be scared at different intervals of the story. If there was one thing I did not like, I felt at times that whenever I finished a mission it did not fit to whatever the story was gearing me towards to.

At times, it made sense but I felt the story was all over the place. Geared up your weapons, you’ll need them as the hordes are a challenge.

For that price, it’s definitely worth a try, if you like exploring in an open world there’s a lot to do, just a bit repetitive for me in the end. Some reviews were a bit too harsh in my opinion.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

For any of you guys who like the Quantic Dream games. Sony has a summer deal going for the entire collection. Detroit Become Human, Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls for $11.99

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

The Forza Motorsport 6 Complete Add-Ons Collection is on sale for $5 for another 4 days (regular price is $100). This includes the NASCAR expansion, Porsche expansion, the Car Pass and every Car Pack.

Base game is one of the free Games with Gold this month.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Pete1210 wrote:The Forza Motorsport 6 Complete Add-Ons Collection is on sale for $5 for another 4 days (regular price is $100). This includes the NASCAR expansion, Porsche expansion, the Car Pass and every Car Pack.

Base game is one of the free Games with Gold this month.
Pete I agree, that really is a great deal for someone who has yet to play Forza 6. The last time I played Forza 6 was......"let me think"? Yeah it's been about that long but to get the entire DLC collection for $5 bucks is a steal and I purchased the Nascar expansion for the same price a couple of years ago. So it's definitely worth the $5 if you're downloading the base game free this month.

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

I’m looking for an iPad 11” pro. Anyone know of a deal coming up? They are $799 new. I’d Be mad if I paid that today and it quickly dropped in price. Would Best Buy price match?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

fletcher21 wrote:I’m looking for an iPad 11” pro. Anyone know of a deal coming up? They are $799 new. I’d Be mad if I paid that today and it quickly dropped in price. Would Best Buy price match?
There will probably be a spec bump in the next few months. Or an all new design since they are going on year 2 of current one. I love mine, so I definitely recommend it, but rarely do they go on sale if its the top of the line model.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
fletcher21 wrote:I’m looking for an iPad 11” pro. Anyone know of a deal coming up? They are $799 new. I’d Be mad if I paid that today and it quickly dropped in price. Would Best Buy price match?
There will probably be a spec bump in the next few months. Or an all new design since they are going on year 2 of current one. I love mine, so I definitely recommend it, but rarely do they go on sale if its the top of the line model.
Love and still have my original iPad Pro. I’m due for a new one. Riding this one as long as I can.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Spec bump doenst matter to me, I just don't want to pay too much and feel like I got ripped off. Walmart has them new for $675 or so, so I may pop in there and take a look. Seems weird they are over $100 less than best buy or apple (Amazon seems to match Walmart)

I was going to just get an air 3, but a co worker told me "using an iPad without Pro Motion is not worth saving a few bucks. Is it as important as I'm reading?

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

fletcher21 wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:
Spec bump doenst matter to me, I just don't want to pay too much and feel like I got ripped off. Walmart has them new for $675 or so, so I may pop in there and take a look. Seems weird they are over $100 less than best buy or apple (Amazon seems to match Walmart)

I was going to just get an air 3, but a co worker told me "using an iPad without Pro Motion is not worth saving a few bucks. Is it as important as I'm reading?
The pro-motion display is worth the extra money IMO...the entire OS is just more fluid and beautiful (as much as ugly ass iOS can be anyway). I almost wish I hadn't upgraded my Pro 10.5...as it's thinner and lighter than the 11 Pro...and easier to hold. Like the new AIR...and WITH the faster display. So personally, if the specs aren't that important, I'd try to track down a 2018 10.5 pro if I were you. Gotta be able to get those under 500 now. Best of both worlds. To me, can't really tell the difference in performance between my old/new...I just wanted the shiny/new. That said, got the wife the new AIR a few weeks ago, and it's not in the same league because of the display.

And it's an iPad. You're getting ripped off no matter what. Way overpriced no matter what. :)

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I bought a 2018 iPad and I compared it to the new iPad Pro's and I honestly could not tell the difference in the screens. Supposedly the promotion screens on the iPad Pro's run at 120hz which some say has no image blur when scrolling up and down. I still saw a little bit of blurring although not as bad as the budget iPad's. For me and maybe it's just my eyes but I didn't find promotion that big of a selling point and not worth the extra money.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:I bought a 2018 iPad and I compared it to the new iPad Pro's and I honestly could not tell the difference in the screens. Supposedly the promotion screens on the iPad Pro's run at 120hz which some say has no image blur when scrolling up and down. I still saw a little bit of blurring although not as bad as the budget iPad's. For me and maybe it's just my eyes but I didn't find promotion that big of a selling point and not worth the extra money.
Once you get used to it, using it daily, going back to an old 60hz screen is painful to look at. The stuttering is easily noticeable.

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by F308GTB »

Free Dirt Rally (pc version, original not 2.0) until Sep 1

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/dirt-rally

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Amazon is currently running buy three games get one for free deal...
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Smokin' Xbox One X deal on Black Friday at Kohl's: Xbox One X with controller and NBA 2K20, $349 plus $105 in Kohl's cash. That's basically a One X and a sports game for $244, even less if you sell NBA 2K20.

This deal tempts me SO much. Trying to find ways to justify pulling the trigger, especially since my OG Xbox One is on the critical list with the Do Not Revive paperwork already signed.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

pk500 wrote:Smokin' Xbox One X deal on Black Friday at Kohl's: Xbox One X with controller and NBA 2K20, $349 plus $105 in Kohl's cash. That's basically a One X and a sports game for $244, even less if you sell NBA 2K20.

This deal tempts me SO much. Trying to find ways to justify pulling the trigger, especially since my OG Xbox One is on the critical list with the Do Not Revive paperwork already signed.
With the next-gen XBOX and PS5's right around the corner, it's tempting but still not something I would consider. If you need an XBOX OG to tide you over, I could send you one of mine ( I have two OG's). Just pay for the shipping cost and it's yours.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:
pk500 wrote:Smokin' Xbox One X deal on Black Friday at Kohl's: Xbox One X with controller and NBA 2K20, $349 plus $105 in Kohl's cash. That's basically a One X and a sports game for $244, even less if you sell NBA 2K20.

With the next-gen XBOX and PS5's right around the corner, it's tempting but still not something I would consider. If you need an XBOX OG to tide you over, I could send you one of mine ( I have two OG's). Just pay for the shipping cost and it's yours.
Thanks for the offer, Rod, but I'll respectfully pass. There's no way in hell I'm paying $500 for a Scorpio when it launches next year. I never have bought gaming hardware on launch day and probably never will.

The main reasons I want to upgrade to an X are the poor health of my OG Xbox One and also because I just bought my first 4K TV about six weeks ago. I really want to see games in their native 4K splendor, not upscaled through an Xbox One S.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

pk500 wrote:
Rodster wrote:

Thanks for the offer, Rod, but I'll respectfully pass. There's no way in hell I'm paying $500 for a Scorpio when it launches next year. I never have bought gaming hardware on launch day and probably never will.

The main reasons I want to upgrade to an X are the poor health of my OG Xbox One and also because I just bought my first 4K TV about six weeks ago. I really want to see games in their native 4K splendor, not upscaled through an Xbox One S.
Same here but I plan on using my MS Rewards points towards the purchase of the next XBOX. I'm already up to 146,500 points. By the time I hit 500-600K there should be some noise about the XBOX X2 or whatever Microsoft plans to call it.

I plan on waiting out for the PS5 Pro. Sony hardware tends to usually have a few faulty glitches they clean up after a year or two.