NFL Season 2021-22

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

NFL Season 2021-22

Post by Rodster »

Holy hell, how was Preston Williams overlooked in the Draft? He's impressed during the Dolphins training camp and made some impressive catches in his 1st preseason game. Josh Rosen has made some dumb throws as well as good throws. At least he seems to have better pocket than Ryan Tannehill.
Last edited by Rodster on Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NFL Season 2019

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:Holy hell, how was Preston Williams overlooked in the Draft? He's impressed during the Dolphins training camp and made some impressive catches in his 1st preseason game. Josh Rosen has made some dumb throws as well as good throws. At least he seems to have better pocket than Ryan Tannehill.
I have more pocket presence than RT...with 1/50th the athleticism. Even my brother in law, who actually went to and follows Colorado State football, didn't think Williams would be this good. Clearly dude put in some work since he was drafted.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

AB burns his feet at a cryotherapy place and misses start of training camp. Then tries to sneak his old helmet on the field that is no longer approved by the NFL and according to reports won't play unless he can use his old helmet.

Sure this guy wasn't the problem in Pittsburgh :roll:

Not even going to get started on Zeke...

Also first episode of Hard Knocks sucked, I don't know if it was because nothing interesting happened yet or because it is Chucky.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Dak Prescott rejects $30 million a year contract, reportedly wants $40 million a year.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

wco81 wrote:Dak Prescott rejects $30 million a year contract, reportedly wants $40 million a year.
He just might be worth it. Dude has a 32-16 record as a starter and has a three-year career QB rating of 96.0.

You have to wonder how much the player empowerment ruling the NBA is trickling into the NFL. I know NFL teams have 53-man rosters and not 15-man rosters. But the NFL also makes far more money than any other pro sports leagues yet doesn't even have guaranteed contracts, which is ridiculous.

I hope Dak gets the money. I think NFL players are underpaid considering the amount of money flowing around the league and its teams, its unquestioned perch as the most popular sports league in America and the bodily harm inflicted by the game.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

pk500 wrote:I think NFL players are underpaid considering the amount of money flowing around the league and its teams, its unquestioned perch as the most popular sports league in America and the bodily harm inflicted by the game.
When you factor how much the average low-mid level NBA players are making and most if not all of their money is guaranteed, yeah NFL players who are paid to blow up their bodies for the cause are GROSSLY underpaid.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

pk500 wrote: He just might be worth it. Dude has a 32-16 record as a starter and has a three-year career QB rating of 96.0.
Just about spit out my drink reading this. HAHAHAHA
Follow Me on:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:
pk500 wrote: He just might be worth it. Dude has a 32-16 record as a starter and has a three-year career QB rating of 96.0.
Just about spit out my drink reading this. HAHAHAHA
I would take Prescott on the Bills in a second. Let's see if Trubisky has similar numbers after this season, Year 3 for him.

NFL players are underpaid compared to baseball and basketball players. I'm all for player empowerment in the NFL so these guys can get the money -- and the guaranteed contracts -- they deserve.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

pk500 wrote: I would take Prescott on the Bills in a second. Let's see if Trubisky has similar numbers after this season, Year 3 for him.
Sure Paul can we also magically give Mitch a superstar running back and all pro offensive line? Also can we remove his rookie year under John Fox who ran an offense that was 15 years old? I'm not even a Trubisky fan but your comparison is utter garbage.

What are Dak's stats when Zeke wasn't playing? Dude is not worth 40 million a year and of course you would take him on the Bills LOL.
Follow Me on:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Danimal wrote:Dude is not worth 40 million a year and of course you would take him on the Bills LOL.
I wouldn't pay him $40M either but hey it's not my money. I thought his 2nd year wasn't nearly as good as his rookie year. Now if he takes Dallas and wins playoff games, sure you take your chance but i'm still not buying his asking price.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Jerry has the money.

Not sure if he's saving cap space for some stud free agents who are coming.

But in the NFL, the owners have more leverage. Besides non-guaranteed contracts (but the TV money is guaranteed, even if there's a strike or a lockout as a CBA ends), the Cowboys can use franchise tags for a couple more years, basically avoid giving their players a big multiyear deal.

However that can only be used on one player each season?

Cowboys have to re-sign Prescott, Elliott and Cooper, their new triplets, though they haven't won a SB yet.

But Elliott actually has 2 more years on his rookie deal so they can screw him, similar to what the Steelers did to Bell. Running backs are like centers in the NBA. At one time, they were the big dogs but the game changed and NBA teams value perimeter scorers way more now. Similarly, league went from run-dominant not too long ago to a pass-happy league where WRs command more money than RBs

Cowboys already did it to another RB, when they used Murray heavily for a couple of seasons and then let him walk in free agency, because they could always pick up a rookie RB who doesn't have the mileage and has fresh legs.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

All good points, Dan, especially about Fox and Dak without Zeke. But I wouldn't classify Scott Linehan as an offensive genius, either. There's a reason he was gassed, even though Garrett probably remains the biggest problem on the Cowpokes' coaching staff.

I still think you're going to see players earn a lot more money in the upcoming years. Football players are underpaid.

Take my favorite American sports league, the NBA. There are plenty of guys who are overpaid in that league. A few examples: Chandler Parsons at $23.5 million per year. Andrew Wiggins at $29.5 million per year. Nick Batum at $30 million per year. John Wall at $42.5 million per year.

All of those contracts were signed by teams desperate to keep a young "star" to appease a fan base. I'm not 100 percent sure how Cowboys' fans feel about Dak, but who is the heir apparent if they end up cutting ties with him because of his money demands? Is Cooper Rush the savior? What free agent would be out there after Dak's contract expires? It takes a long time to find a quality QB who can be under center for 10 years -- we know that as Bears' and Bills' fans. Looks like you may have one in "Don't Call Me Mitch." The jury is still out on Josh Allen, but I lean no.

I just see a lot of parallels between a potential huge deal for Dak and some of these bad NBA contracts. Popular young franchise star, an owner with a ton of money and "creative accounting" methods -- huge signing bonus, anyone? -- to circumvent the cap rules as much as possible.

Dak may not be worth $40 million in many's eyes, but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets $35 mil, splitting the difference with Jerry's offer and his demands. Worth is a subjective term. The market and Jerry's willingness will set the rate, which probably will be much smaller on an annual contract rate to reduce the cap hit but feature a huge signing bonus. I believe deferred compensation still counts against the cap in the years it is collected.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Dak is a nice QB but he is simply not worth $40 mill. Nope.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

OK, here's a question for the peanut gallery, one for which I don't have a good answer and seek the advice of pigskin savants here: Is Antonio Brown worth the drama and trouble? Not for a fantasy team pick. But for a real team, such as his current employer, the Raiders.

This dude has more baggage than a cargo ship. Seems to be a very divisive presence in the locker room, too. But he is a very good receiver.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Probably not which is why the Steelers traded him and there weren’t too many takers.

Yeah 100 receptions and 10 TDS help offenses but he’d have tantrums if he wasn’t getting the ball enough. There were times when Ben forced the ball to him, resulting in turnovers.

Unfortunately great WRs have often been divas.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

I'll answer that in January, PK. :lol:

If he can stop safeties from loading the box and sending extra pressure every snap because the Raiders haven't had a threat that they're willing to use for years (Amari Cooper was too inconsistent in Oakland. He really didn't want to be there, as he's made clear since he left), then that's a big deal.

Him plus Tyrell Williams (who might be the steal of the offseason for the team), with Josh Jacobs getting some space could really open up the offense. They have no guards after trading Osemele and now injuries/suspensions, but if AB produces anywhere in the neighborhood of 85-110 catches, 1100 - 1500 yards, and 8 - 10 touchdowns, I think the locker room won't be as divided as you'd think.

But if he creates all this drama, spends half the season in the tub, and starts throwing guys under the bus, then clearly not. He wanted to go to a team where he could be the best player on that team again, and he got that. Not a single player on the Raiders can challenge him there, as far as ability and history. Whether it's a good thing for Gruden to coddle him and acquiesce to his every demand is a whole other topic, but superstar divas have always played by a different rule set.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

pk500 wrote: Dak may not be worth $40 million in many's eyes, but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets $35 mil, splitting the difference with Jerry's offer and his demands. Worth is a subjective term. The market and Jerry's willingness will set the rate, which probably will be much smaller on an annual contract rate to reduce the cap hit but feature a huge signing bonus. I believe deferred compensation still counts against the cap in the years it is collected.
I agree he will probably get it, the lack of QB's almost dictates it. I just think from a talent standpoint he wouldn't even come to my mind for top 10 QB's in the league.
Follow Me on:

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

pk500 wrote:OK, here's a question for the peanut gallery, one for which I don't have a good answer and seek the advice of pigskin savants here: Is Antonio Brown worth the drama and trouble? Not for a fantasy team pick. But for a real team, such as his current employer, the Raiders.

This dude has more baggage than a cargo ship. Seems to be a very divisive presence in the locker room, too. But he is a very good receiver.
I don't know if one episode of Hard Knocks is any indication. Current day players don't respect Gruden. AB doesn't respect anybody. You would think these diva receivers would learn from TO but they don't.
Follow Me on:

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:
pk500 wrote:OK, here's a question for the peanut gallery, one for which I don't have a good answer and seek the advice of pigskin savants here: Is Antonio Brown worth the drama and trouble? Not for a fantasy team pick. But for a real team, such as his current employer, the Raiders.

I don't know if one episode of Hard Knocks is any indication. Current day players don't respect Gruden. AB doesn't respect anybody. You would think these diva receivers would learn from TO but they don't.
Hard Knocks only confirms the douchebaggery I read about AB when he was in Pittsburgh. Seems like the WR position is a magnet for almost every ballerina in the NFL.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

I think the NFL reinstated Josh Gordon just to irritate Belichick.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

So hows that AB situation working our Oakland LMAO.
Follow Me on:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

A lot of Miami and NFL writers are saying the same thing, Josh Rosen should be the starting QB but Flores for whatever reason is giving the job to Fitz. So far in pretty much every preseason game Rosen with his limited time with the offense has put up much better numbers that look lopsided in favor of Rosen. The Dolphins have nothing to lose by making Rosen the starting QB now because then they can see what they have in him or if they need to draft a QB next year.

So far he has shown more upside than anything Tannehill did in Miami i.e. pocket presence, mobility and arm. Fitz is just a journeyman QB, that's all.

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Andrew Luck is retiring.. wow.

Class act and will be missed!
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Luck, took a beating his first few years. This is why the next CBA needs to demand “guaranteed contracts”. NBA players get ridiculous money compared to NFL players, that’s guaranteed and are not subjected to the same physical violence as NFL players.