XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Post by J_Cauthen »

DChaps wrote:Man, I do not have a PS4 or PSVR, but these reviews of Everybody’s Golf VR are making me interested for sure. The original TGC by HB Studios had a pretty good VR version for a first try, but they seemed to abandon the idea entirely for TGC2 and TGC 2019. There does not seem to be any good PC golf sims moving in the VR direction at this point which is sad as it seems to lend itself to it.
It's starting to tug at me a bit also. I've heard from three gamers now who still have the SKLZ SimStix, which is a custom made golf club attachment for the Move. I bought one for my PS3 and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 and 13. It worked great with the Move and gave me a much more rewarding feel of swinging something with the mass of a real golf club (I had to add some lead tape to the housing for the Move to get that), with a grip that allowed me to use my IRL hand grip on it. The reports are that the Move is working good with the SimStix, once you figure out how to manipulate the calibration settings in game, to make it adapt to the longer, and lower swing radius of the Move at the end of the SimStix.

The lack of any sort of multiplayer play, or connected tournament play makes me wonder how long I could get by on just playing casual rounds... I think the novelty would wear off quick, given how seldom I care to play a casual round in The Golf Club 2019.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

NHL 19 is part of the list of free XBL Gold games during June.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:NHL 19 is part of the list of free XBL Gold games during June.
Interesting. This is the first time I can remember an EA Sports game as part of Gold. Surprised EA allowed it, as it could cannibalize Access.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

My money's on it being because NHL19 had extremely poor numbers, even with Access, so they are trying to put it out in the Gold lineup to catch on with any "NHL Finals Only" watchers who may not subscribe to EA's service, but are willing to give it a shot...because Finals.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

TCrouch wrote:My money's on it being because NHL19 had extremely poor numbers, even with Access, so they are trying to put it out in the Gold lineup to catch on with any "NHL Finals Only" watchers who may not subscribe to EA's service, but are willing to give it a shot...because Finals.
Bingo. Good call!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

pk500 wrote:
TCrouch wrote:My money's on it being because NHL19 had extremely poor numbers, even with Access, so they are trying to put it out in the Gold lineup to catch on with any "NHL Finals Only" watchers who may not subscribe to EA's service, but are willing to give it a shot...because Finals.
Bingo. Good call!
Yes sir!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

With the iOS 13 update, remote play for the PS4 on the iPad/iPhone is awesome. They allow Bluetooth controller connections from the Dual Shock 4 controllers now so it’s really a true one to one connection. Playing MLB The Show on my iPad w/ the controller is only slightly different than sitting in front of the console. Obviously there is a touch of latency but it’s way less than I expected.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:With the iOS 13 update, remote play for the PS4 on the iPad/iPhone is awesome. They allow Bluetooth controller connections from the Dual Shock 4 controllers now so it’s really a true one to one connection. Playing MLB The Show on my iPad w/ the controller is only slightly different than sitting in front of the console. Obviously there is a touch of latency but it’s way less than I expected.
iOS 13 beta?
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Diablo25 wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:With the iOS 13 update, remote play for the PS4 on the iPad/iPhone is awesome. They allow Bluetooth controller connections from the Dual Shock 4 controllers now so it’s really a true one to one connection. Playing MLB The Show on my iPad w/ the controller is only slightly different than sitting in front of the console. Obviously there is a touch of latency but it’s way less than I expected.
iOS 13 beta?
Yes. Running the public beta on my iPad Pro 11.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Downloaded it. Great idea playing MLB on my iPad Pro 10’5 screen. Even better next month when PES 19 comes free for PS Plus subscribers since I sold my copy. Also downloaded Real Racing 3 and it’s smoothly compatible with the controller.

Loving the new dark mode.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

The Hunter: Call of the Wild is the Xbox Live Free Play game this weekend: https://majornelson.com/2019/06/27/free ... -the-wild/

Cannot recommend this game enough, even if you're not a hunter. I'm not, yet this is one of my favorite games. Tactical, beautiful, relaxing and tense all at the same time.

If you're looking for a change of pace with shooters, play this game this weekend. Let Teal, diablo25 and me know if you grab it and want to hunt this weekend! It's also part of Xbox Game Pass.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

pk500 wrote:The Hunter: Call of the Wild is the Xbox Live Free Play game this weekend: https://majornelson.com/2019/06/27/free ... -the-wild/

Cannot recommend this game enough, even if you're not a hunter. I'm not, yet this is one of my favorite games. Tactical, beautiful, relaxing and tense all at the same time.

If you're looking for a change of pace with shooters, play this game this weekend. Let Teal, diablo25 and me know if you grab it and want to hunt this weekend! It's also part of Xbox Game Pass.
Co-signed! Incredible game.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Teal wrote:
pk500 wrote:The Hunter: Call of the Wild is the Xbox Live Free Play game this weekend: https://majornelson.com/2019/06/27/free ... -the-wild/

Co-signed! Incredible game.
Game is truly a diamond in the rough. Get it.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Free PS Plus games for July has slightly changed. PES 2019 was removed and replaced with Detroit Become Human and Heavy Rain. I own Heavy Rain on the PS3 but wanted to play the Detroit game.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

For any of you guys with Game Pass, who likes Final Fantasy type games, you might want to try Battle Chasers. It’s a pretty good turn based RPG with a decent story, great voice acting and solid combat system.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I've been playing Battle Chasers and I gotta say if you like turn based RPG's you definitely need to try this. I never heard of this game before until it showed up in Game Pass and I read the reviews and it pretty much is a 5 star game. There are parts of the game where you'll swear you're playing Diablo III and then it'll look like you're playing Street Fighter V.

And the game can be brutally tough if you go into a dungeon ill prepared. I was doing OK until I went up against an enemy in a dungeon and he single handily wiped out my entire party.

Dan, you might want to try this since you like Divinity Original Sin.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Rodster wrote: Dan, you might want to try this since you like Divinity Original Sin.
Is it called Battlechasers Nightwar? I see that in the PC game pass and will give it a try.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Danimal wrote:
Rodster wrote: Dan, you might want to try this since you like Divinity Original Sin.
Is it called Battlechasers Nightwar? I see that in the PC game pass and will give it a try.
Yup, that's the one. I got it for the Xbox instead.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Rodster wrote:
Danimal wrote:
Yup, that's the one. I got it for the Xbox instead.
Thanks for the tip this is pretty fun and will get added into my "i want to finish an RPG" rotation.

One thing is for sure Gamepass is the best thing on any platform at the moment.
Follow Me on:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Danimal wrote:Thanks for the tip this is pretty fun and will get added into my "i want to finish an RPG" rotation.

One thing is for sure Gamepass is the best thing on any platform at the moment.
Glad you liked it. It's a well made game.

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

Might No Man's Sky upcoming VR update be the killer app PSVR needed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNDIg2UqKEk

I think I might take the plunge. I've recently re-downloaded No Man's Sky, and really love geeking out as I'm wander around planets.

With VR, this looks like it will take this geeking to the next level. My only decision is whether to buy the PS Move controllers, which let you explore by "teleporting" rather than free movement from what I understand. With dualshock, at least you can explore freely - which sounds better to me.

The other games I'm really interested in trying are Astro Bot, Moss and the various driving games (Dirt, Gran Turismo, Driveclub), which don't use a PS Move, so maybe I'll hold off.

Anyone else interested? No Man's Sky has to go down as one of the most improved post-launch ever. I guess Driveclub is on that list too.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

No Man's Sky is #1 on my "Please add to Game Pass!" wishlist. Dying to give it a try.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

If any of you guys remember playing Ninja Gaiden Black on the original Xbox and haven't played it in awhile you need to check it out again if you have GamePass. I don't know how the software developers pulled it off but this conversion looks full on like a Remaster. My problem with the game now is the lack of a lock button in the game. I'm now so used to having an enemy lock button (Souls games) to focus on my target that I get hit unnecessarily.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Friend told me the Bard's Tale remastered trilogy is on game pass. Not sure if he meant PC or Xbox.
Follow Me on:

AcemanPR
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by AcemanPR »

Danimal wrote:Friend told me the Bard's Tale remastered trilogy is on game pass. Not sure if he meant PC or Xbox.
It came out on Xbox yesterday.