eFootball Pro Evolution Soccer 2020

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

eFootball Pro Evolution Soccer 2020

Post by Rodster »

https://www.pastapadre.com/2019/06/15/f ... r-pes-2020

Gameplay Features/Highlights:

Finesse Dribble
Upgraded Trapping Mechanics
Context-Sensitive Kick Accuracy
More Realistic Defense
Improved Ball Physics
Adaptive Player Interaction Inspire
New Skills and Abilities

Master League
Interactive Dialogue System
More Realistic Transfers
Improved Manager Models
Customizable Sponsor Logos

Matchday
The brand new Matchday mode does more than capture the spectacle of football’s biggest matches and most notorious rivalries –

rhymes450
Starting 5
Starting 5

Re: eFootball Pro Evolution Soccer 2020

Post by rhymes450 »

Rodster wrote:https://www.pastapadre.com/2019/06/15/f ... r-pes-2020

Gameplay Features/Highlights:

Finesse Dribble
Upgraded Trapping Mechanics
Context-Sensitive Kick Accuracy
More Realistic Defense
Improved Ball Physics
Adaptive Player Interaction Inspire
New Skills and Abilities

Master League
Interactive Dialogue System
More Realistic Transfers
Improved Manager Models
Customizable Sponsor Logos

Matchday
The brand new Matchday mode does more than capture the spectacle of football’s biggest matches and most notorious rivalries –
Thanks for the info Rodster.

Picked up 2019 about 6 weeks ago and really enjoying it, after not getting on with 2018 at all and feeling that 2015 was better than both 2016 and 2017.

To be honest, I'm not sure what to make of the advertised gameplay features. I either don't understand them (even with the explanation on the link, "Adaptive Player Interaction Inspire" just seems like four random words strung together by the marketing department in the hope that they might shift a few units) or I find them a bit vague ("more realistic defense"). If the CPU-controlled team shows a bit more varied attacking strategies, it'll be an improvement on what seems to me to be a very good iteration, as long as they don't take out the good stuff in 2019. If they build sensibly on last year's game, PES 2020 could be a fantastic game IMO.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Demo is up.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Liking what I've played so far.

I was worried the new Finesse Dribble feature would nerf the game into FIFA Street, but so far that's not the case. If anything, the AI defending in one-on-one situations is much tighter than last year, negating any superpowers with the new Finesse Move. You will be dispossessed if you dick around too much with Finesse tricks.

Another thing I love about this demo is how your AI teammates really hold their shape well, You see distinct back and midfield lines, which is excellent.

More impressions to come.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Loved 2019 and really enjoying the demo so far. The ability to control the tempo of the game makes it so sim life-like. It may seem like a tad slower compared to other versions but it’s the simple fact that you can control the ball with all that space in the pitch even in the higher levels.

Really enjoy the default camera where it zooms in and out randomly and visually I always thought that the faces look more realistic than FIFA.

Referees are a miss here and there, the gameplay seems more physical in the demo as they are calling simply everything. The Ai seems to be a bit more human, where you can actually win a ball if you’re positioned well for the tackle, and the jostling for the ball animations are well done as the ball physics have been touched indeed.

There are instances where the reaction of a player to reach for the ball is delayed, and you’re left looking for that left bumper to find the player nearest the ball. Some slight lags on the replays, but overall I just wanted to play this demo over and over. The gameplay is so realistic.

Looks really good.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Demo plays fantastic ...the game, especially the face closeups are quite ugly. Haven’t purchased a soccer game since FIFA 17 but plan on getting on this year.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

tjung0831 wrote:Demo plays fantastic ...the game, especially the face closeups are quite ugly. Haven’t purchased a soccer game since FIFA 17 but plan on getting on this year.
Tim:

Head's up before you consider a PES 2020 purchase: The two previous editions of PES have appeared pretty quickly in Xbox GamePass, usually by Christmas or shortly after New Year's.

Something to consider if you have GamePass and are willing to wait a bit.

PES 2019 was fantastic. So much more realistic on the pitch than FIFA 19. Yeah, the lack of licenses, crap commentary and mediocre graphics hurt. But the gameplay is so sublime that I'm willing to overlook all flaws.

I'm pretty stoked for PES 2020, especially after playing this demo. Hope it gets into GamePass quickly!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Tactics really work well. Even in higher settings (from top player level) you can have pretty good control of the ball when your players move in unison and you’re accurate with your passes. If it becomes too perfect for you, don’t be shy to set your passes on manual or on 1 to get more realistic results. What I like is that even the AI will make some errant passes even on higher difficulty.

Choosing possession of the ball tactic, I was surprised to see even Botafogo controlling most of the play vs ManU under top player difficulty.

Missed a lot of goals under advance shooting, just have to get mote practice getting the right planting of the foot to create clear chances. On standard, shots are pretty straight forward.

It’s a preorder for me on the PS4 for sure.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

I thought it was slow and fairly easy....I hammered a Juve 5-0 with Barcelona and bumped up the level again and won 1-0. I do like the more time on the ball but it just seemed sluggish.
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Zlax45 wrote:I thought it was slow and fairly easy....I hammered a Juve 5-0 with Barcelona and bumped up the level again and won 1-0. I do like the more time on the ball but it just seemed sluggish.
I’ve settled on superstar difficulty. With the proper tactics I still managed to control gameplay in my favor. With such short halves, it may end up in a lot of 0-0 ties but I like how the AI attacks you. The variety, whether it’s a long shot, the way they trap the ball and recycle their play if they are fully covered instead of going for the immediate cross is one of the key differences I see compared to last years.

Play on manual passes if it helps, you’ll see a different game.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

It's going to be really tough for me to resist buying this game on release day or within a few weeks of release. This might be the best soccer game demo I've played. Sublime.

Hey, Microsoft: Strike a deal to bring all Konami soccer titles to GamePass upon release, just like with your first-party games! :)

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

pk500 wrote:It's going to be really tough for me to resist buying this game on release day or within a few weeks of release. This might be the best soccer game demo I've played. Sublime.
100% agreed. Luv the demo. It’s preordered already on my end. Despite the lack of goals in such short halves at top player and superstar level, the variety of the gameplay is what attracts my attention the most.

Really good demo.

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

Amazing demo. I think I've played about 10 hours of it!

Can't wait to start my North East London season :)

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

fanatic wrote:Amazing demo. I think I've played about 10 hours of it!

Dont forget to start Karry Mane or Mucas Lora.

f***in stupid game!!!!

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Jimmydeicide wrote:

f***in stupid game!!!!
I don't know about this year's game, but PES 2019 had all the accurate player names. Just team names weren't licensed.

I get how the lack of license bothers people. I would rather play the most realistic game on the pitch. That was PES 2019 last year, and the PES 2020 demo is even better.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

pk500 wrote:
Jimmydeicide wrote:

f***in stupid game!!!!
I don't know about this year's game, but PES 2019 had all the accurate player names. Just team names weren't licensed.

I get how the lack of license bothers people. I would rather play the most realistic game on the pitch. That was PES 2019 last year, and the PES 2020 demo is even better.
PK if you ever saw the PC version of PES with a full blown option file it would put FIFA to shame. It's a shame the console versions are so limited. I have PES 2016 for the PC and PS4 and the PC version is using the AIO (all in one) option file 10GB file and it would probably make you do a double take if you weren't watching a TV broadcast with all the correct adverts on the pitch and TV logos. It's amazing what the community puts out each year. All the emblems, kits and logos and proper leagues are included in those option files

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

No doubt, Rod. My number one wish in gaming, and the rest aren't even close: Option files allowed on Xbox.

Oh, well! No chance I'm buying another console just so I can have option files. Never.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Just gave the PES demo a try. Keep in mind I am far from a soccer expert but damn it plays smooth compared to FIFA (which I have been playing a bit and like). I really like the feel of PES. Smooth as hell with nice graphics and solid animations. Good stuff.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Really enjoyed the demo. I didn't care for the default camera, and had a little difficulty finding one that I did like. So, I'll have to mess around and find one that suits me.

I think I'll go with this game over the other and call it a day. Besides, for whatever reason, my son enjoys installing the roster files on the PS4 version.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

sportdan30 wrote:Really enjoyed the demo. I didn't care for the default camera, and had a little difficulty finding one that I did like. So, I'll have to mess around and find one that suits me.

I think I'll go with this game over the other and call it a day. Besides, for whatever reason, my son enjoys installing the roster files on the PS4 version.
This is what I did, and I love it. Chose ‘Stadium’, brought the zoom down to 2, height to about 4-5 and angle maximized at 10. Try those numbers and tinker with them, the other camera ‘Dynamic Wide’ is pretty cool too.

Ball physics is what keeps me playing this demo, so good, it keeps bringing me a different gameplay on every game. Top players are in their zone.

Now, went to EB the other day to pre-order it for the PS4 and it wasn’t in their system. I told them that’s weird, because it’s set to come out in about a month or so. They tried a different name like efootball and still it wasn’t showing.

Might have to go digitally if it’s still not appearing on their radar. Saw some early option files already, and some of these guys are just exceeding at what they ate doing with the kit details and emblems.

Last night, I had a great game playing vs Manu as Botafogo on a higher difficult skill. Like being the underdog.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

I gave the demo another shot and played PES 19 all weekend and I think 10pro has convinced me to order this...I can wait till Black Friday for fifa if I decide I still want it

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Zlax45 wrote:I gave the demo another shot and played PES 19 all weekend and I think 10pro has convinced me to order this...I can wait till Black Friday for fifa if I decide I still want it
Well, if you likes PES 19 the 2020 demo plays even better in my opinion. They also added recently the full Euro Cup rosters, so slowly they are getting some licenses here and there. I am lucky to have the PS4 so I will go that venue to take full advantage of the kits. Still, I will get Fifa 2020 because of FUT mainly, but in terms of gameplay and realism, there's no doubt that I prefer Konami' product over EAs.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:
Zlax45 wrote:I gave the demo another shot and played PES 19 all weekend and I think 10pro has convinced me to order this...I can wait till Black Friday for fifa if I decide I still want it
Well, if you likes PES 19 the 2020 demo plays even better in my opinion. They also added recently the full Euro Cup rosters, so slowly they are getting some licenses here and there. I am lucky to have the PS4 so I will go that venue to take full advantage of the kits. Still, I will get Fifa 2020 because of FUT mainly, but in terms of gameplay and realism, there's no doubt that I prefer Konami' product over EAs.
I’ve been really getting into FUT in FIFA 19. Been having a lot of fun learning the game more and getting better.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

As i said above I have been enjoying FUT but damn is PES smooth. Game speed seems perfect, physics are awesome and the animations are great.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Literally the first goal I scored in PES 19 was a near post flick on goal from a corner. Something similar to this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO837CeoEyU

I forgot how special it was to score a great goal in PES!