Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2019 (Japanese Baseball Game)

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2019 (Japanese Baseball Game)

Post by Diablo25 »

Well, being the nerd that I am I went and picked up this game from PlayAsia.com and wow is it pretty cool. It’s a refreshing change from The Show. I am using the Google Translation app to translate the games menus, etc. It does it in real time. All you have to do is aim the camera of your device at the screen and it translates it in real time. I’ve only done the pitching and batting tutorials but they have been very fun. The audio, physics, whole feel of the game are different than The Show…obviously. I’m really looking forward to getting into the game some more. Very interesting experience.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2019 (Japanese Baseball Game)

Post by Rodster »

How much did you pay for it? Have you noticed any positives in gameplay compared to The Show? I’ve read that this series is considered to be right up there with the Winning Eleven games on the PS2.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Rodster wrote:How much did you pay for it? Have you noticed any positives in gameplay compared to The Show? I’ve read that this series is considered to be right up there with the Winning Eleven games on the PS2.
I haven’t played enough yet to make a gameplay call. Just got thru the tutorials and translating pretty much. I know the lowest level is very easy. It’s just refreshing to have another legit baseball game to play. It’s very interesting.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

Diablo25 wrote:Well, being the nerd that I am I went and picked up this game from PlayAsia.com and wow is it pretty cool. It’s a refreshing change from The Show. I am using the Google Translation app to translate the games menus, etc. It does it in real time. All you have to do is aim the camera of your device at the screen and it translates it in real time. I’ve only done the pitching and batting tutorials but they have been very fun. The audio, physics, whole feel of the game are different than The Show…obviously. I’m really looking forward to getting into the game some more. Very interesting experience.
Nice! I did this with Pro Yakyuu on the PS3. Of course, we didn't have Google Translation back then, so I pretty much stuck to Exhibition matches.

It's a great series. The hitting will take getting used to, but then it's smooth sailing.

The unique atmosphere of Japanese baseball makes this a refreshing change for western sports fans like ourselves. Keep us updated! I might be tempted to try it as well.

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by F308GTB »

fanatic wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:Well, being the nerd that I am I went and picked up this game from PlayAsia.com and wow is it pretty cool. It’s a refreshing change from The Show. I am using the Google Translation app to translate the games menus, etc. It does it in real time. All you have to do is aim the camera of your device at the screen and it translates it in real time. I’ve only done the pitching and batting tutorials but they have been very fun. The audio, physics, whole feel of the game are different than The Show…obviously. I’m really looking forward to getting into the game some more. Very interesting experience.
Nice! I did this with Pro Yakyuu on the PS3. Of course, we didn't have Google Translation back then, so I pretty much stuck to Exhibition matches.

It's a great series. The hitting will take getting used to, but then it's smooth sailing.

The unique atmosphere of Japanese baseball makes this a refreshing change for western sports fans like ourselves. Keep us updated! I might be tempted to try it as well.
I had a few of these on past consoles, and yes, the games provide a very Japanese atmosphere. Having been to a few games in Japan, the sounds of the crowd brought back memories.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Diablo25 wrote:
Rodster wrote:How much did you pay for it? Have you noticed any positives in gameplay compared to The Show? I’ve read that this series is considered to be right up there with the Winning Eleven games on the PS2.
I haven’t played enough yet to make a gameplay call. Just got thru the tutorials and translating pretty much. I know the lowest level is very easy. It’s just refreshing to have another legit baseball game to play. It’s very interesting.
BTW, I paid 9500 Yen. :D
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Diablo25 wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:
BTW, I paid 9500 Yen. :D
The game is very fun. I am still experimenting with what level to play. “Spirits” is their HOF level which I haven't tried yet. I played their “Pro” level which was somewhat challenging.

Their “Star Mode” is pretty much The Show’s “Road to the Show”.

Again, I am really enjoying the experience. Spiritstranslation.com has the game and have someone updating the site. I am also using the Discord app (recommended by Spiritstranslation site). The guy who is in charge of updating the site is posting in that forum.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Well, “Spirits” level is legit. The hitters are raking my pitchers. A nice option is to have the AI make changes for me during the game. Helps due to the translation issues. I am getting to know the manager of the Marines :D. He’s been to the mound several times already and its the 3rd inning.

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Thanks for the info and video. I know nothing about Japanese baseball other than Masahiro Tanaka coming from the Japanese league a few yrs ago. Are all games played indoors in the J League?

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by F308GTB »

Rodster wrote:Thanks for the info and video. I know nothing about Japanese baseball other than Masahiro Tanaka coming from the Japanese league a few yrs ago. Are all games played indoors in the J League?
No. It's about 50/50. Best part of Japanese baseball? Takoyaki (octopus balls). Damn good food.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

F308GTB wrote:
Rodster wrote:Thanks for the info and video. I know nothing about Japanese baseball other than Masahiro Tanaka coming from the Japanese league a few yrs ago. Are all games played indoors in the J League?
No. It's about 50/50. Best part of Japanese baseball? Takoyaki (octopus balls). Damn good food.
No thanks I just finished eating a plate full of roasted bull testicles :lol: