DEAL ALERT THREAD

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: DEAL ALERT THREAD

Post by Rodster »

Danimal wrote:There is really no downside to spending the $1 because unless your Gold and Game pass are perfectly synced to expire at the same time you're going to get one or the other extended for $1
Also even if like me you only have XBL Gold paying the $1 supposedly upgrades you to Ultimate at least that's the way I understood how Vader explained it. I haven't upgraded yet because all of those games on the list I either have a physical copy or I have no interest in the game.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Yeah but the $1 deal is only during E3. I mean it a effin dollar, I just spent more on a candy bar. :D
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Danimal wrote:There is really no downside to spending the $1 because unless your Gold and Game pass are perfectly synced to expire at the same time you're going to get one or the other extended for $1
Cool. I'll check this out for a $1 extension. Even a vise-tight f*ck like me can spring that! Thanks for the tip.

But there's no way in hell I'll pay full price for combined Ultimate once this $1 extension expires. I bet MS will offer a discounted Ultimate pass during the holidays -- I'll wait for that or get a cheap code from CDKeys.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

I just added two 1 month xbox live codes I just got from bing rewards to see what it does after you are already an Ultimate member and it converts a 1 month xbox live card to 20 days worth of xbox Game Pass Ultimate, I'm now good til April 13, 2022.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I’m good til 2/24/20 after doing the $1 deal. Got the Ultimate Pass for almost 8 months for $1.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Thank you guys for the deal link.

I had just accidentally renewed my Xbox live subscription the other day paying the full 60 bucks. Forgot to find a deal before it expired. So my Live is good till 6/05/20. I was paying 10 a month for game pass and that was just going to continue monthly. Paid the 1 dollar and it extended game pass to 6/05/20 as well. So saved me 119 bucks over the year. Thanks!

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Thank you guys for the deal link.

I had just accidentally renewed my Xbox live subscription the other day paying the full 60 bucks. Forgot to find a deal before it expired. So my Live is good till 6/05/20. I was paying 10 a month for game pass and that was just going to continue monthly. Paid the 1 dollar and it extended game pass to 6/05/20 as well. So saved me 119 bucks over the year. Thanks!
Why are you paying for Live when you can get it for free? You should check out Microsoft Rewards, you can get free XBL Gold and games. It takes me 5 minutes a day and I accrue enough rewards points each month to get XBL and games for free.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:Why are you paying for Live when you can get it for free? You should check out Microsoft Rewards, you can get free XBL Gold and games. It takes me 5 minutes a day and I accrue enough rewards points each month to get XBL and games for free.
I’m much too lazy for that. I usually do the research before my subscription expires and pay around 35...failed to do so this time.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

I had game pass paid until June 2020 with the 1/2 off codes and my live was good until January 2020. So I added another year of live and then applied the $1 Ultimate game pass deal. Was not sure if that would run until the game pass expires or until the live expires. So I checked my account subscriptions and it states:

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate $14.99 every month, next charge on 3/26/2022. Good deal!
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

So if I understand this correctly, if I am good with Live until April 2020 and I go get another annual card and apply it so I am good until April 2021 I can get this Ultimate thingy until April 2021 for just $1?
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

ScoopBrady wrote:So if I understand this correctly, if I am good with Live until April 2020 and I go get another annual card and apply it so I am good until April 2021 I can get this Ultimate thingy until April 2021 for just $1?
Correct, but while you're at it why not buy the Live extension til 2022. The Ultimate pass extends whatever term you have currently up to 36 months. For just a dollar. If you don’t want to get MS to charge you the regular pass cost after that term just turn subscription off.

My wife was just gave me the look that kills. You still plan to play video games for that long? :twisted:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

OK, i'm ready to signup but do I need to cancel my subscription within the first month or do I have to wait before the subscription expires?

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Rodster wrote:OK, i'm ready to signup but do I need to cancel my subscription within the first month or do I have to wait before the subscription expires?
Just pay the bloody dollar as the deal is only good for this week I believe. But if MS wants their fans to stay the course and continue the movement towards digital downloads, it may go beyond the E3 deal.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Rodster wrote:OK, i'm ready to signup but do I need to cancel my subscription within the first month or do I have to wait before the subscription expires?
It seriously not this hard, I can't understand why anyone is confused. Find the link, go to the website and pay $1 and everything else takes care of itself.
Follow Me on:

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

I bit on the Ultimate subscription too. Was paid thru 3/20, I added a 24-month card from Costco (like $91+tax after rewards) and then the buck to XBL. Paid thru 4/22 now, with Ultimate.

For those who may still be concerned, what you'd almost certainly *want* to do is turn off auto-renew so you can make new subscription arrangements when you expire, but I think my on-record CC will now expire first :P

ScoopBrady
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by ScoopBrady »

GameSeven wrote:I bit on the Ultimate subscription too. Was paid thru 3/20, I added a 24-month card from Costco (like $91+tax after rewards) and then the buck to XBL. Paid thru 4/22 now, with Ultimate.

For those who may still be concerned, what you'd almost certainly *want* to do is turn off auto-renew so you can make new subscription arrangements when you expire, but I think my on-record CC will now expire first :P
Yeah, I just bought 2 1-year cards at cdkeys.com for $101 and kicked in the buck for Ultimate. I'm good till 6/11/22 now. Thanks, guys!
I am a patient boy.
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.
My time is water down a drain.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Holy sh*t -- this deal is BEYOND legit.

My XBL Gold expired in April 2020, with GamePass expiring in December 2019. I added a year to my Gold subscription with a $50 instant code from CDKeys.com. I opted for the extra free month through auto-renew (will turn off eventually), so my XBL Gold subscription extended to May 2021.

I added the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Plan for $1, and VOI-f*cking-LA, my combo XBL Gold-GamePass Ultimate subscription now is paid up through Dec. 2, 2021.

Think I just saved about $250 -- two years of GamePass and $25 for an extra six months of Gold for free. Are you effing kidding me? The cheap f*ck in me feels like it just hit gaming Powerball. :) :) :)

Thanks to everyone for the tip and guidance about this deal. You're batsh*t crazy if you're a Gold and GamePass subscriber and don't jump on this. You're also nucking futs if you own an Xbox and are not a GamePass subscriber.

With all apologies to Nike, JUST DO IT!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

I did the thing for two years. I now have the game pass but.... I then went back to getting and exotic hand gun playing Division 2.

There is not much I care to play on there. Again that is just me.

Nothing to lose doing it. Nothing.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

XXXIV wrote:I did the thing for two years. I now have the game pass but.... I then went back to getting and exotic hand gun playing Division 2.

There is not much I care to play on there. Again that is just me.

Nothing to lose doing it. Nothing.
Yeah, now don’t get too crazy about thinking that top games will be loaded at your heart content. Personally, they are a couple of games that I just didn’t finished and look forward to completing it: Borderlands 2 and Metro Exodus. I know, shooters which fits me fine but here’s a list of the others games that may satisfy you.

Other games adventure shooters worth mentioning are Wolfenstein 2, and Just Cause 4. There’s Horizon Forza 4.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019 ... price-6010

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Man, there are about five to eight games from GamePass I have installed in my Xbox One and about 10 games regularly on GamePass that I want to play.

If you purchase many new games at retail launch, then, yeah, GamePass won't be the greatest value for you. But if you're willing to wait for them to hit GamePass and are a cheap f*ck like me, GamePass is manna from digital heaven.

GamePass and EA Access have reduced my retail purchases per year from around 10 games to probably four or five, tops.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Just an FYI for those who haven't done this yet. Be sure to add any card ahead of time. I had a one year gold card I just added after upgrading and I only got 4 months added to my subscription.
Follow Me on:

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

Re: GamePass, my backlog of bought titles means I probably won't get to some of the GP games shortly, but there are some therein that I'd be interested in getting back to like the latter Gears games, Hellblade, Metro, MK X, even old Fable games I'd never played...

XXXIV, don't know if you've tried it already, but as you're a Souls fan, the GamePass game "Ashen" is supposed to evoke that vibe a bit.

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

Danimal wrote:Just an FYI for those who haven't done this yet. Be sure to add any card ahead of time. I had a one year gold card I just added after upgrading and I only got 4 months added to my subscription.

Good god, yes. Extend first, then update for any who have not gone this route yet.

Although, that said, if Vader said a 1-Month code got him 20 days but a 12-Month code only grants you 4 months, something isn't yet quite right in the exchange rates...

Curious what will happen by the time this all expires, but that's some time from now and I expect we'll see some annual rates for Ultimate in the near future.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Yeah I would have thought a year card would have given you 8 months if they take 10 days away from a 1 month card.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

It was 100% 4 months because it asked me if I wanted to go through with it.
Follow Me on: