Forza 7

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Forza 7

Post by pk500 »

Dave wrote:Looks like an awesome update. I keep coming back to this game whenever I have a little bit of time to play, mostly driving GTs and IndyCars. New, Indy-themed Rivals events will be a nice way to spend the month.
I've never tired of Forza 7, either. Still play it regularly, and it always satisfies. Such a tight overall package with so many fun things to do.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

pk500 wrote:
Dave wrote:Looks like an awesome update. I keep coming back to this game whenever I have a little bit of time to play, mostly driving GTs and IndyCars. New, Indy-themed Rivals events will be a nice way to spend the month.
I've never tired of Forza 7, either. Still play it regularly, and it always satisfies. Such a tight overall package with so many fun things to do.
Me neither and I get to own the virtual cars I always wanted as a kid, the 1978 Camaro Z28 (Blue) and the Smokey and the Bandit Trans AM. But I gotta say I still prefer the driving and handling models in Gran Turismo Sport. Their cars are less floaty than the ones in Forza.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Rodster wrote:But I gotta say I still prefer the driving and handling models in Gran Turismo Sport. Their cars are less floaty than the ones in Forza.
Yup, agreed. Forza is cool and all (especially all of the content), but if I want a driving sim, I prefer GTS.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

The update is officially out and it is officially free. :)

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn ... tream.aspx
Free May Spotlight Cars
1969 Ford Brawner Hawk III
2019 Chevrolet #22 Team Penske Dallara
2019 Chevrolet #2 Team Penske Dallara
2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Pace Car
2019 Honda #9 Chip Ganassi Racing Dallara
2019 Honda #15 Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing Dallara
Check out my lame attempt at live streaming the new content. I did briefly have a top 10 Rivals time posted for the new Indy 500 event. It is like last year, but even better with more Indycar drivers competing. Should be pretty cool. Wish we could still get some poker nights and try out a virtual 500. :)

https://mixer.com/DChaps66

I will try to at least get a DSP Leaderboards competition going. There is a modern Indycars event at the Speedway and a Rivals event in Mario's 1969 winner at Sonoma.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Good luck, boys. No chance I can post any times until May 27. I leave tomorrow morning to work the INDYCAR Grand Prix and Indy 500 for the next 19 days.

Drive it like you stole it!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

May Bounty Hunter Rivals Event: Brickyard With IndyCar

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn ... dyCar.aspx
The May Bounty Hunter Rivals event is open now (May 7) and has the biggest list of bounties yet. Head to the Rivals / Feature Rivals menu to find the event:

Bounty Hunter: Brickyard With IndyCar
Track: Indianapolis Brickyard Oval (Day)
Restrictions: IndyCar Division (2019), Rental Only (Homologated)

Deadline: June 5

Set any lap before the end of the event to receive a participation reward. Earn additional rewards for each bounty you beat on the leaderboard when the event ends. Bounties and their gamertags:

Colton Herta (ColtonHerta)
Conor Daly (ConorDaly22)
George Michael Steinbrenner IV (SteinbrennerIV)
Jack Harvey (Jharvey42)
James Hinchcliffe (Hinchcliffe5)
Josef Newgarden (JNRACERTPX2)
Matheus Leist (Leist4)
Robert Wickens (Wickens6)
Santino Ferrucci (SFerrucci19)
Spencer Pigot (spigot07)
Simon Pagenaud (Darthpag22)

Friend them on Xbox to be able to find their leaderboard positions during the event.

This will be the last Bounty Hunter event in FM7.

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

Didn’t spend a lot of time with the Indy rivals event, but I’m really tired of seeing your rear wing Donald!
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Dave wrote:Didn’t spend a lot of time with the Indy rivals event, but I’m really tired of seeing your rear wing Donald!
Same! I spent about 25 minutes with these new cars last night before I left for Indy today.

Fun, especially Mario's Brawner Hawk. Man, that thing has LONG gearing in it. Feels like you're in first gear forever, probably because there are only three gears!

The new Indy car also is fun but seems pointy as hell on the IMS oval. Need to dial in some understeer with setup changes. The front end is far too jittery, which seems to be antithetical to the real car, which is light on the rear end.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Very fun cars to drive and the rivals events are nice too, although I wish that they allowed for setups and upgrades in the Indy event, as it is stock with no adjustments allowed that I can tell. In fact, I discovered that the oval aero kit for the 2019 Indycars is available as upgrades within the tuning setup. They should have setup the rivals Indy event in the oval wing config and allowed for some level of tuning. Oh well, very fun either way. I don't know what I did in my first 20 lap session with Rahals car, but I cannot beat that time either. I must have run 5 more 20 lap sessions (you run out of fuel in hardcore mode after 20 laps) in all 4 2019 Indycars and could not beat it. All 4 cars seem to be the same, did not notice any differences in handling or speed.

The money lap is about 20 minutes into this mixer stream:

https://mixer.com/DChaps66?vod=102473631
Last edited by DChaps on Wed May 15, 2019 9:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

pk500 wrote: Fun, especially Mario's Brawner Hawk. Man, that thing has LONG gearing in it. Feels like you're in first gear forever, probably because there are only three gears!
I’m thinking the default set up is ready for Indy, it is really hard to keep the revs up in the tighter corners at Sonoma. Feels like it takes days for the boost to kick in coming out of the hairpins.
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

BCKracer71 has just released #25 Conor Daly - U.S. Air Force - Andretti Autosport - Honda - 2019 - Available on the #9 Honda in Forza 7. Check out all his awesome Indycar paint schemes (including some incredible throw backs - Greg Moore, Danny Sullivan, Rick Mears, Bobby Unser, etc.) via the link below:

BCKracer71's IndyCar Replicas & More:
https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn ... st_1093401

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

DChaps wrote:BCKracer71 has just released #25 Conor Daly - U.S. Air Force - Andretti Autosport - Honda - 2019 - Available on the #9 Honda in Forza 7. Check out all his awesome Indycar paint schemes (including some incredible throw backs - Greg Moore, Danny Sullivan, Rick Mears, Bobby Unser, etc.) via the link below:

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn ... st_1093401
That's a pretty sweet looking car. 8)

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Thanks for the link, Don! That guy does exceptional work. Conor's car is the best-looking ride at IMS this month.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

The Indycar drivers are taking this bounty hunter challenge seriously and Josef Newgarden is the man! These are some stout times for sure and they are tweeting about it as well. Looks like they have a very nice setup at the track for them to use. Paul, get in there and run some laps in your free time. :)
Josef Newgarden: "Getting opening day at @IMS started right... Strong effort by @ConorDaly22 last night on the @ForzaMotorsport Bounty Hunter Challenge (192 laps!) but I set a new top time in just 11 laps. "
Josef Newgarden
https://twitter.com/josefnewgarden/stat ... 6184418305

Conor Daly
https://twitter.com/ConorDaly22/status/ ... 5540161536

Simon Pagenaud
https://twitter.com/IMS/status/1128113333184409600

James Hinchcliffe
https://twitter.com/Hinchtown/status/11 ... 7684140035

Jack Harvey
https://twitter.com/jack_harvey42/statu ... 0707398656

George Steinbrenner IV
https://twitter.com/FollowHSRacing/stat ... 7355286529

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Free time ... funny! I was at the track from 7:45 a.m. until 10:15 p.m. last night. That's the usual day ... for 19 consecutive days.

Too bad, as there are some bitchin' simulators set up on the property for this Bounty Hunter challenge.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

pk500 wrote:Free time ... funny! I was at the track from 7:45 a.m. until 10:15 p.m. last night. That's the usual day ... for 19 consecutive days.

Too bad, as there are some bitchin' simulators set up on the property for this Bounty Hunter challenge.
Keep up the good work my friend! Pretty good first day of practice. Here is where the Leaderboard currently stands. I had to fight yesterday just to beat George Steinbrenner IV! :)

Come on Terry and Adam, you all still lurking around here?

Josef Newgarden (JNRACERTPX2)
Conor Daly (ConorDaly22)
Matheus Leist (Leist4)
Simon Pagenaud (Darthpag22)
James Hinchcliffe (Hinchcliffe5)
Jack Harvey (Jharvey42)
George Michael Steinbrenner IV (SteinbrennerIV)
Spencer Pigot (spigot07)
Colton Herta (ColtonHerta)

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Realize that every IndyCar driver and team owner is turning their laps on a full simulator with a racing seat, big-screen TV and Logitech G27 and pedals. We have a bunch of "sleds" set up here in Gasoline Alley.

I need to get down there and try! My sorry-ass time was done in 10 minutes with a controller. :)

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Zach Veach, Alexander Rossi, and Jack Harvey now available!

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn ... arvey.aspx

#26 Zach Veach - Group 1001/Gainbridge - Andretti Autosport - Honda - 2019 - Available on the #9 Honda

#27 Alexander Rossi - NAPA Auto Parts - Andretti Autosport - Honda - 2019 - Available on the #9 Honda

#60 Jack Harvey - AutoNation/SiriusXM - Meyer Shank Racing w/ Arrow Schmidt Peterson Motorsports - Honda - 2019 - Available on the #9 Honda

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Three of the better-looking cars on the lot this month.

WPatrick
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by WPatrick »

Wow! Great update!
After months of GT Sport I started playing Forza 7 again after the update. The ghosted backmarkers & Indycar simulation hopper have me really enjoying this game again. Both games have their strengths and weaknesses, one area where Forza 7 shines is in its number of tracks. GT Sport is very limited in it’s track selection. I’ve missed racing at places like Road America, Sebring & Long Beach. Color me impressed buy all the hard work Turn 10 has put into their game.
Last edited by WPatrick on Sun May 19, 2019 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

GB_Simo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GB_Simo »

DChaps wrote:Come on Terry and Adam, you all still lurking around here?
Still here and still reading, mate, but I no longer have either an XB1 or a PC strong enough to run Forza properly, so I'm going to have to let you beat half the IndyCar grid on my behalf. If ever you need anyone to do a thoroughly ordinary job on Gran Turismo Sport, though, I'm your boy.
XBox Live and PSN Gamertag: theycallhimsim

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn ... st_1096864

#32 Kyle Kaiser - Bump Day Special - Juncos Racing - Chevrolet - 2019 - Available on the #2 Chevrolet

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

GB_Simo wrote:
DChaps wrote:Come on Terry and Adam, you all still lurking around here?
Still here and still reading, mate, but I no longer have either an XB1 or a PC strong enough to run Forza properly, so I'm going to have to let you beat half the IndyCar grid on my behalf. If ever you need anyone to do a thoroughly ordinary job on Gran Turismo Sport, though, I'm your boy.
Just saw this...a little late :lol:

Haven't fired up Forza or raced anything in what seems like months.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

39.713 with a controller. I might tickle 39.6 with a controller, but that was a pretty damn clean lap on the 39.713.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

One more day to go with this Rivals Bounty Hunter Event as it ends on 6/5/2019. Not sure if that means that we have all day on 6/5 or if it ends at midnight of 6/4. The Indycar guys posted some really stout times. I am only ahead of Spencer Pigot, and that is with a time that is currently 681 overall out of 56,929 submisssions. I am going to try for one last time tonight, but it's not looking good for beating anyone else. I have run a lot of laps at Indy though. Very fun event.