XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: XBox One AND PS4 Discussion

Post by Aristo »

pk500 wrote:
I hope Dan is right. If 200 mbps is the minimum connection speed, this thing will be niche as hell. Most basic residential cable internet service starts around 50 mbps. I pay extra for 100 mbps, and I'm with Spectrum, not some local-yokel Mom and Pops provider.

I have Spectrum Cable, and my 200 mbps service usually exceeds those numbers. But I'm not not sold this is something I need.

Edit: Just ran a test on my iMac that is connected via wifi from another room, and got 217.93 mpps and a ping of 9 ms.

When they had me at 100 mbps, I was getting 130+ mbps. This the first ISP that constantly delivers better speeds than they advertise. But we've had charter cable in st. Louis for decades. Their internet has always been pretty great. When I signed up, they were advertising 30 mbps, but upgraded me to 60 mbps the first week for the same price. I've never paid extra for more speed, but they keep upping it.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I get 115 mbps steady through Google Wifi from Spectrum even though I only pay for 100 mbps. I thank the Google Wifi mesh system for that, as my speeds varied all over the joint when I had a regular Asus router.

Google Wifi has been the best tech investment I've made in my life. Bulletproof, easy, fast, bathes entire house and most of a 1-acre lot with internet. Nice for the pool area and the fire pit! :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Sounds like EA Access is finally coming to the Sony console....maybe....probably....

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/03/ ... o_the_fire

MizzouRah
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by MizzouRah »

Really enjoying Hitman 2 so far, what a fantastic game!
XBL GT: MizzouRah0971

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Coming to Xbox Game Pass this month:

April 11 - Prey, The Golf Club 2
April 18 - Monster Hunter World, The Walking Dead: A New Frontier
April 24 - Life is Strange 2: Episode 2
April 25 - Resident Evil 5

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Lots of game and console deals in Xbox Spring Sale: https://majornelson.com/2019/04/11/save ... ring-sale/

Perhaps the best deal: Three months of Xbox Game Pass for $1 for new members. If you're not on Game Pass, try this. It's a fantastic service filled with value.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

pk500 wrote:Lots of game and console deals in Xbox Spring Sale: https://majornelson.com/2019/04/11/save ... ring-sale/

Perhaps the best deal: Three months of Xbox Game Pass for $1 for new members. If you're not on Game Pass, try this. It's a fantastic service filled with value.
Good deal for Microsoft currency for the sale from slickdeals.net: Xbox Gift Card $80 US (Email Delivery) + Free Xbox Live 3 Month Gold Digital Membership $72 AC @Newegg
w/code EMCTYUW28

https://slickdeals.net/?adobeRef=41dce6 ... 6832416741

Deal ends in 2 days.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

pk500 wrote:Lots of game and console deals in Xbox Spring Sale: https://majornelson.com/2019/04/11/save ... ring-sale/

Thanks, I was able to snag Burnout Paradise Remastered ($5) and Mad Max ($5) for $0 out of pocket thanks to the MS Rewards program. I was seriously debating FIFA 19 but way too many negative reviews and i’m happy with PES 2019. This is the 1st time since FIFA 96 that I didn’t purchase it, same goes for Madden.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Looking forward to checking out the Everybody's Golf VR demo this evening. There seems to be a lot of excitement for this game and the videos I've watched look great! I'm hearing the move controller works perfect.

Full game has 3 courses, no multi-player which is a disappointment.

Demo has a driving range similar to what you'd see at a Top Golf.

Putting range

And you can practice approach shots.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Everybody’s Golf VR demo has absolutely sold me. If you remotely like video game golf, this is a must buy. Very impressed. I’ll go so far as to say I think it’ll sell some PSVRs just for this game alone. Too frickin bad it doesn’t have multiplayer. It would be a blast playing online. Now I have to work on my drive because I’m slicing everything!!

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

sportdan30 wrote:Everybody’s Golf VR demo has absolutely sold me. If you remotely like video game golf, this is a must buy. Very impressed. I’ll go so far as to say I think it’ll sell some PSVRs just for this game alone. Too frickin bad it doesn’t have multiplayer. It would be a blast playing online. Now I have to work on my drive because I’m slicing everything!!
Thanks for this update. I'll need to give this a look myself.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

GameSeven wrote:
sportdan30 wrote:Everybody’s Golf VR demo has absolutely sold me. If you remotely like video game golf, this is a must buy. Very impressed. I’ll go so far as to say I think it’ll sell some PSVRs just for this game alone. Too frickin bad it doesn’t have multiplayer. It would be a blast playing online. Now I have to work on my drive because I’m slicing everything!!
Thanks for this update. I'll need to give this a look myself.
Just checked out some gameplay videos and it does look very cool. I want to see some actual course gameplay/impressions.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

I watched a guy playing the demo last night on You Tube, and I was surprised at how realistic it looks. I think the fact that you don't see your anime character swinging the club has a lot to do with that. I bought a Move way back when for Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12. I never really got the feel of swinging the move with one hand for a golf swing, so I bought a shortened, golf club attachment for it called a "Sim Stix" (https://www.amazon.in/SKLZ-Sim-Stix-Gol ... B00J3IQ5UO. With a little lead tape on the shell that contained the Move, I was able to reasonably achieve the feel of swinging a golf club. I can see how that would have the potential to work well with Everybody's Golf VR.

This is a surprising development for this franchise. I know I was very disappointed in Everybody's Golf for the PS4, since for some reason they dropped the three advanced swing options we had in World Tour and OOB, and left us with that archaic, non-real-time, horizontal 3-click meter only. This is pure real time and pure analog!

I'll wait to read some reports on the full game from golfers playing the game, and hopefully a few who happen to have the Sim Stix, before I consider the plunge. I would have to buy all the gear necessary to make it work, as I don't have the VR headset or a camera for my PS4.

Is the VR Headset resolution for this game truly 1080p?

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Was hoping to see some actual hole play from this game the past few days but I guess there isnt much out there. I am still intrigued.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

I tried the Everybody's Golf PSVR demo today and was pretty impressed.

My opinions should be taken with a major grain of salt since I'm not a regular golfer. I've been to real courses only about a half dozen times in my life and that's including a couple of Par 3's

First, regarding the headset, while individual titles may vary, my recollection is that the headset is half resolution per eye, so not full 1080p. In practice, it's a fair trade off, as the hardware has to render two viewpoints and the gains in immersion more than make up for the resolution drop.

Second, I think the absence of hole play is due to the fact that the demo is limited to a driving range, a putting green, and an approach setting that I did not test to comment. You *can* go out to random holes on the course and drop some grass to test the wind, but you can't play any shots on the course itself.

As far as the mechanics go, I rather liked it. Controlling the game with a Move controller gives you a virtual club that you can wield like Chi Chi Rodriguez (joking, you can only wield it from the grip). You can use a pair of buttons to toggle through your clubs and each wood, iron, and putter renders nicely in VR. There is a nice little vibration effect on the controller when you move the club head and touch "ground". In conjunction with a game setting for player height, you can use the vibration to get a sense of where ground is and whether you need to bend your knees to address the ball.

My first swings were a bit wild and when I did connect (yes, you can completely miss with a careless swing) I had a pretty pronounced slice that reminded me of my actual golf game. With a little practice, I was able to better manage the twist of my wrists and the controller through contract and straightened out my shot much better. And the feeling of repeating a straight shot and watching the ball sail convincingly out towards the horizon is a good one.

That said, with further practice, it became apparent that accuracy is much more important than power. I was able to maximize the 'power' bar with something closer to an approach shot with my wood and hit 230 yards straight if I was careful through contract with the ball. I'll need to see if there are settings to make this more challenging.

Putting on the green or practicing chip shots with wedges was a bit more gratifying. The putting, in particular, was pretty addictive. Since you can drop the ball (and even relocate the cup) anywhere on the mildly sloped green, you can set up greater variety than just driving at the range. And where many golf games would have you read the green and change your aim by rotating your view, putting here felt more natural as you could just change the angle of your body as you address the ball to, perhaps, aim slightly up grade.

Similarly, for chip shots, I'd measure off the club length, bend my knees and take a half swing to get some loft and it felt pretty natural, although my results far exceeded my actual golf skills.

Sadly, there's no multiplayer, because that would be an awesome add. There's only three courses, but I could see myself picking this one up after it drops in the next few days.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

GameSeven wrote:I tried the Everybody's Golf PSVR demo today and was pretty impressed.

Sadly, there's no multiplayer, because that would be an awesome add. There's only three courses, but I could see myself picking this one up after it drops in the next few days.
Perhaps MP will be added eventually. This game is making me regret selling my PSVR.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Well I got Everybody’s Golf VR and its a damn fun experience. It’s pretty wild to be standing on the course and make shots. Bottom line is it’s fun. Shots are realistic enough and the different camera modes add to things. Check out the videos below.

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Diablo25 wrote:Well I got Everybody’s Golf VR and its a damn fun experience. It’s pretty wild to be standing on the course and make shots. Bottom line is it’s fun. Shots are realistic enough and the different camera modes add to things. Check out the videos below.

Your videos aren't showing up when I'm viewing the message, however, when I hit "quote" to reply to it, the URLs show up in the Youtube commands. Maybe those commands don't work in this forum? Anyway, I'll paste the URL in my browser and watch them. I'll comment on them later. Thanks for posting them though!

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Diablo25 wrote:Well I got Everybody’s Golf VR and its a damn fun experience. It’s pretty wild to be standing on the course and make shots. Bottom line is it’s fun. Shots are realistic enough and the different camera modes add to things. Check out the videos below.
Okay, I was able to get to the videos by trying to reply to your post and then copying and pasting the urls enclosed in the Youtube command. They are perhaps the best I've seen in the way you address the ball, with the club in a 'non hooded' address position as I see in most videos, and your club isn't shaking and flicking as badly as you're moving the club to address position, as most I've seen. You also make good, 'on-swing-path' passes at both shots.

I like the immersion of the presentation. It looks quite realistic. I only wish they would have giving you the option to cut to a downrange reverse angle camera about 80% of the flight of the shot to see the finish. I'd love to try this with my SimStix golf club attachment I bought for my Move years ago, two reports on that I've read so far have been positive! I'm just not sure I'm ready to fork out $320+ to get my mostly idle PS4 ready to play this game :? 8)

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

If you use Chrome like half the free world, embedded videos don't show up on this forum. DSP is the only reason I use Edge from time to time, so I can see the videos.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

Danimal wrote:If you use Chrome like half the free world, embedded videos don't show up on this forum. DSP is the only reason I use Edge from time to time, so I can see the videos.
I was unaware of this Dan, thanks for cluing me in. All my bookmarks and needed history is in Chrome. It would be hard for me to wean myself off of it. :)

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Man, I do not have a PS4 or PSVR, but these reviews of Everybody’s Golf VR are making me interested for sure. The original TGC by HB Studios had a pretty good VR version for a first try, but they seemed to abandon the idea entirely for TGC2 and TGC 2019. There does not seem to be any good PC golf sims moving in the VR direction at this point which is sad as it seems to lend itself to it.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Death Stranding for the PS4 finally gets a release date, Nov 8th 2019. I'm mildly interested only because Kojima usually designs some weird sh*t. It doesn't say whether this is an MP only game. It kinda sounds like it because you are supposed to connect with other players around the world. https://www.gamespot.com/articles/death ... 0-6467221/

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

"Xbox Game Pass is Coming to PC With Games From Bethesda, Devolver Digital, Paradox, and More"

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/xbox-g ... ming-to-pc

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

DChaps wrote:Man, I do not have a PS4 or PSVR, but these reviews of Everybody’s Golf VR are making me interested for sure. The original TGC by HB Studios had a pretty good VR version for a first try, but they seemed to abandon the idea entirely for TGC2 and TGC 2019. There does not seem to be any good PC golf sims moving in the VR direction at this point which is sad as it seems to lend itself to it.
I have EGVR and it’s a very cool experience. The camera angles available are pretty cool...nice use of the VR tech. You can go above the hole, almost like a blimp view, to see the entire hole. Replays after the shot are from all over - elevated, on the green, from the tee box, where it lands, etc. As far as swinging with the move controller....if you are expecting to swing like a “real golfer” don’t. There is only a need to go back a little bit for a 100% swing. It’s definitely fun though.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25