DEAL ALERT THREAD

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: DEAL ALERT THREAD

Post by sportdan30 »

Not many people with PSVR, but if you do own one, be sure to pick up Astro Bot for $20 at Gamestop. Or price match it at Best Buy. Absolutely one of the best VR games to date and one of my favorite games of the year.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

sportdan30 wrote:Not many people with PSVR, but if you do own one, be sure to pick up Astro Bot for $20 at Gamestop. Or price match it at Best Buy. Absolutely one of the best VR games to date and one of my favorite games of the year.
I am jealous of this game being a PSVR exclusive. PSVR doesn't stack up to PC headsets, but some great games I wish I could play--Astrobot, Tetris Effect, Moss, Wipeout...
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Naples39 wrote:
sportdan30 wrote:Not many people with PSVR, but if you do own one, be sure to pick up Astro Bot for $20 at Gamestop. Or price match it at Best Buy. Absolutely one of the best VR games to date and one of my favorite games of the year.
I am jealous of this game being a PSVR exclusive. PSVR doesn't stack up to PC headsets, but some great games I wish I could play--Astrobot, Tetris Effect, Moss, Wipeout...
I bought Tetris Effect last night for $20 as well, and only played briefly. It didn't wow me like I expected. It's obviously more of an immersive experience than playing on a flat screen, but I don't know. I think I'll enjoy it for the relaxation. I need to give it more time over the next few days. $40 is too high IMO but $20 is probably a fair price. Astro Bot is a steal at $20. It's just amazing and looks great.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Full Spectrum Warrior is on sale for $2 this week.

https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/prod ... e#LiveZone
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Amazon has B1G1 on the xbox 3 month game pass - so you get 6 months for $30. Scroll down to see offer.

https://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Game-Pass-M ... B07HRDSTZ4
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Pete1210 wrote:Amazon has B1G1 on the xbox 3 month game pass - so you get 6 months for $30. Scroll down to see offer.

Smokin' deal! Man, I thought I got a steal around the holidays at $69 for a year.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

pk500 wrote:
Pete1210 wrote:Amazon has B1G1 on the xbox 3 month game pass - so you get 6 months for $30. Scroll down to see offer.

Smokin' deal! Man, I thought I got a steal around the holidays at $69 for a year.
Just a heads up, according to Eurogamer.net MS is coming out with Gamepass Ultimate that bundles XBL Gold and Gamepass for $14.99 a month which turns out to be $5 off if you purchased them separately.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:
pk500 wrote:

Just a heads up, according to Eurogamer.net MS is coming out with Gamepass Ultimate that bundles XBL Gold and Gamepass for $14.99 a month which turns out to be $5 off if you purchased them separately.
How so? GamePass is $120 per year at normal price if paying per month. Gold is $60. $15 x 12 = $180. The exact same price as the "bundle deal."

Maybe this is a savings over European pricing, since your source was Eurogamer.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/5/18296 ... ate-rumors

"The combination of Xbox Game Pass and Xbox Live subscriptions into a single monthly charge means Xbox owners will save around $5 per month compared to the $19.98 monthly subscription price for an existing combination of the two. It’s not a massive savings, but the new Xbox Game Pass Ultimate offering will make a lot of sense for Microsoft’s new disc-less Xbox One S since this console won’t include a Blu-ray drive and will rely heavily on digital downloads and Xbox subscription services."

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

NBA 2K19 on sale for $2.99 Xbox One through Microsoft.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

1-Month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Subscription $1
https://slickdeals.net/f/13136194-xbox- ... 1#comments

Converts whatever you have left on your current xbox live gold subscription to the ultimate subscription, I had an xbox live subscription paid til the beginning of 2022, now its a live and game pass subscription with no payment due until 3/2/22 :D
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

vader29 wrote:1-Month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Subscription $1
https://slickdeals.net/f/13136194-xbox- ... 1#comments

Converts whatever you have left on your current xbox live gold subscription to the ultimate subscription, I had an xbox live subscription paid til the beginning of 2022, now its a live and game pass subscription with no payment due until 3/2/22 :D
So would this help me if I only have XBL Gold? I don't have game pass.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Yes, I didn't have game pass before only Xbox live gold.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Sweet !

Is this set for auto renew?

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Says it will renew at 14.99 a month in March 2022 but can turn off auto renew before then, most likely will add another code from Bing rewards before it is up, haven't paid for live in years.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Rodster wrote:Sweet !

Is this set for auto renew?
I think you can turn that option on/off under your settings. Not sure if this is just in the US, but I also have Live until 2022 but when I check in the game pass app, it says that I am not subscribed. If it works, that’s a nice touch by MS.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Just a heads up with the Xbox Ultimate if you sign up for $1 it will convert your existing memberships to Ultimate for whatever you have left. Per CAG.

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is a new subscription option that gives you Live Gold and Game Pass for one monthly fee. With this deal, you will get the first month of Ultimate for $1, plus it will convert any remaining months you have on your existing subscriptions to Ultimate (up to a maximum of 36 months/3 years).

For example, you currently have 6 months of Live Gold. Sign up with this deal and get 7 months of Ultimate ($1 for first month, 6 months of Live Gold converts to 6 months of Ultimate).

Second example: you have 9 months of Xbox Live Gold left and you have 6 months of GP left. First month for $1 + 9 months + 6 months = 16 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I just paid the $1 to convert. I was set to expire in September 2019 on Game Pass and in March 2020 for Gold and now I have Ultimate until 10/12/2020.

So I have no idea how that worked out like that but for $1 I will take it.
Follow Me on:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Danimal wrote:I just paid the $1 to convert. I was set to expire in September 2019 on Game Pass and in March 2020 for Gold and now I have Ultimate until 10/12/2020.

So I have no idea how that worked out like that but for $1 I will take it.
It’s a smart strategy by MS. For those that have Live paid off already until next year and beyond, it’s a no brainer. If you’re still planning to game for the next 36 months, I would even extend your Live subscription first before going for the Ultimate pass. Basically what they are thinking is for players that don’t have a console or are contemplating about getting a PS5, to stay with the same platform for the next little while.

It may not have necessarily all the top games but for a buck, you gotta do it.

Smart deal. My Ultimate pass now is good until March 2022.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

10spro wrote: I would even extend your Live subscription first before going for the Ultimate pass.
I wish I would of thought of that before upgrading, oh well not a big deal i guess.
Follow Me on:

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

This seems too good to be true? I think I am Gold until next Aug, so I will try it out. I wonder if it's worth extending another year before I do the Ultimate Game Pass Deal to get it extended for another year for free? Does not seem like that could possibly MS intent, but I guess worth a try.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

DChaps wrote:This seems too good to be true? I think I am Gold until next Aug, so I will try it out. I wonder if it's worth extending another year before I do the Ultimate Game Pass Deal to get it extended for another year for free? Does not seem like that could possibly MS intent, but I guess worth a try.
It is their intent it says so on their FAQ. they just don't spell out the conversion. I also read you can add codes after joining Ultimate and it will extend but the conversion rate isn't as good. That wasn't on official site but i might try it.
Follow Me on:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

DChaps wrote:This seems too good to be true? I think I am Gold until next Aug, so I will try it out. I wonder if it's worth extending another year before I do the Ultimate Game Pass Deal to get it extended for another year for free? Does not seem like that could possibly MS intent, but I guess worth a try.
I think the intent here is to get gamers more and more comfortable with digital purchases and subscriptions. That is the future which is why Gamestop can't find a buyer for their business.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I must be really stupid at math. I paid $69.99 for a full year of GamePass through a Microsoft holiday promotion, and I paid $43.99 for a year of XBL through CDKeys. That's $114 for both for a year, while the Xbox Ultimate Pass that everyone is pimping here is $14.99 per month, which equals $180 per year.

It appears I'm up $66 over people who pay retail. What am I missing?

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

pk500 wrote:I must be really stupid at math. I paid $69.99 for a full year of GamePass through a Microsoft holiday promotion, and I paid $43.99 for a year of XBL through CDKeys. That's $114 for both for a year, while the Xbox Ultimate Pass that everyone is pimping here is $14.99 per month, which equals $180 per year.

It appears I'm up $66 over people who pay retail. What am I missing?
You're not missing anything but you didn't pay full price for either of those and you got them on a deal. The current regular price for both Game Pass and Gold is equal to the Ultimate cost.

Right now you can pay $1 and get upgraded to Ultimate and if I'm right it takes whichever of the 2 expires later and adds more time to it.

None of this takes into account deals and who knows what will happen with those in the future. For PC players you also get the benefit of having PC game pass.

There is really no downside to spending the $1 because unless your Gold and Game pass are perfectly synced to expire at the same time you're going to get one or the other extended for $1
Follow Me on: