Battlefield V Open Beta

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Battlefield V Open Beta

Post by Teal »

Yeah, I'm just not feeling it. Shame, because it is quite pretty, but something's off. I don't think " input lag" is the right description, but there's something about the shooting that kind of feels disconnected. The accuracy feels a little questionable too. And dammit, who messed with the button layout??? I'll try and switch weapons, wind up with a mine in my hand, and can't figure out how to switch back to my weapon. Goofy layout.
I'm glad it got delayed. It needed it. I think I'll be playing RDR2 too much to care, anyway. Red letter day. I used to froth at the mouth for a new battlefield game. Eh well. Time to get back to the Hunter anyway... :D
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Teal wrote:I'm glad it got delayed. It needed it. I think I'll be playing RDR2 too much to care, anyway. Red letter day. I used to froth at the mouth for a new battlefield game. Eh well. Time to get back to the Hunter anyway... :D
Damn straight on both accounts!

I didn't get to play the BF V beta because I was in Indy all week for the Brickyard and just coming home today due to the rain delay. I don't feel cheated.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

WW 3 enters early access next month for $28, expect another 12-15 months of development and who knows if there will be a console version but for those of us with a gaming PC

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/0 ... ate-price/
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

My plan is set: I'll keep BF1 and Verdun for WW I combat, COD:WWII for WWII combat, BF4, Ghost Recon, The Division and the new Black Ops game (my son is getting it) for modern combat.

I really have no need or desire for BF V, especially with The Division 2 coming next spring.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pk500 wrote:My plan is set: I'll keep BF1 and Verdun for WW I combat, COD:WWII for WWII combat, BF4, Ghost Recon, The Division and the new Black Ops game (my son is getting it) for modern combat.

I really have no need or desire for BF V, especially with The Division 2 coming next spring.
I tend to agree. If you would have told me 3 months ago that I’d be passing on BFV and getting CODBO4 I’d have laughed. Well, that is exactly what is happening. Blackout mode is damn fun.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I will keep my preorder for both games.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

10spro wrote:I will keep my preorder for both games.
Me too.
XBL/PSN: Pete1210

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Created new thread. Sorry.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Firestorm, the Battlefield Battle Royale mode is now playable in Battlefield V. With the glut of battle royale games I was not very excited about this one, but after playing a few rounds it may be my favorite.

Apex and Blackout are too twitchy fast for me. I preferred the gunplay in PUBG but that game still has technical issues on console. So far Firestorm hits the sweet spot for me. It looks gorgeous, runs smooth and I am more comfortable with the shooting mechanics that fall in between COD and PUBG. Having the BF destruction of buildings and the vehicles is fun too.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Pete1210 wrote:Firestorm, the Battlefield Battle Royale mode is now playable in Battlefield V. With the glut of battle royale games I was not very excited about this one, but after playing a few rounds it may be my favorite.

Apex and Blackout are too twitchy fast for me. I preferred the gunplay in PUBG but that game still has technical issues on console. So far Firestorm hits the sweet spot for me. It looks gorgeous, runs smooth and I am more comfortable with the shooting mechanics that fall in between COD and PUBG. Having the BF destruction of buildings and the vehicles is fun too.
Intriguing. Thanks for the tip, Pete. My initial enthusiasm for Blackout and Apex has been tempered by the fact I'm old, slow and suck at such fast-twitch shooters.

I think I still have a few hours left on my EA Access trial of BF V. I'll give it a go. And the game has been panned so hard critically and had such low early sales that maybe it will bounce into Access soon as a full game! No chance I'm paying full boat just for a BR game, as I wasn't impressed with the main modes.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Gave Firestorm a go this evening with the remaining hours of my BF V trial with EA Access. You're right, Pete: This is solid. A much more tactical, deliberate pace than Apex Legends or Blackout in COD: BO4.

Beautiful map, reliable BF ballistics. This is the game PUBG should have been from the start, as Firestorm feels a lot like the vast spaces and more deliberate pacing of PUBG, with none of the jankiness and lack of polish.

No chance I'm buying this game just for Firestorm. But it's nice to know there's something to look forward to once the full version of this game hits EA Access.

Thanks again for the tip, Pete!

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

Remastered Metro map from BF3 dropped a couple of weeks ago.

Pete1210
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Pete1210 »

https://kotaku.com/battlefield-v-is-goi ... 1839305187

2 new maps in the Pacific on Oct 31

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Pete1210 wrote:https://kotaku.com/battlefield-v-is-goi ... 1839305187

Cool! I have kept BF V on my drive forever. Still roll it out every once in a while for a good night of shooting fun. It's not as bad as reviews said, and EA has improved it since launch.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Loved them. Beautiful maps, just tried them this weekend as I took a little break from Modern Warfare and it rekindled somehow my interest in the game.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

10spro wrote:

Loved them. Beautiful maps, just tried them this weekend as I took a little break from Modern Warfare and it rekindled somehow my interest in the game.
Oddly enough, the opposite happened for me. I played the new Pacific maps on BF V and wanted to return to COD: Modern Warfare within about five minutes.

COD: MW is better in almost every conceivable way. Better weapons. Better maps. Better ballistics. More fluid movement. Better animations. More entertaining game modes.

I'm gobsmacked at how good COD: MW is. After the disappointment of the twitchfest known as Black Ops 4, I held out little hope for Modern Warfare. I was dead wrong.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

pk500 wrote: Oddly enough, the opposite happened for me. I played the new Pacific maps on BF V and wanted to return to COD: Modern Warfare within about five minutes.

COD: MW is better in almost every conceivable way. Better weapons. Better maps. Better ballistics. More fluid movement. Better animations. More entertaining game modes.

I'm gobsmacked at how good COD: MW is. After the disappointment of the twitchfest known as Black Ops 4, I held out little hope for Modern Warfare. I was dead wrong.
I don't care how much DSP hype is said about COD, never buying that franchise again. Never, ever, ever and No I don't play VF 5 either but since it is free if I wanted too i could. :D

Plus how many shooter do I need, I still haven't finished D2.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

pk500 wrote:
10spro wrote:

Oddly enough, the opposite happened for me. I played the new Pacific maps on BF V and wanted to return to COD: Modern Warfare within about five minutes.

Gotta agree with PK here. I think BF needs to go back to the drawing board before the next BF game, and do a little reinventing. To me, it's become rather stale. And yes, I'm still not a fan of what they DID try to reinvent with V. Make up a modern scenario like MW, and your can do whatever you want. Mess with history and your going to get my stink eye. :evil: :wink: . But all I wanted to do while playing the Pacific maps was shut it down and play MW. That's a hard first for me, and a testament to IW and what they've done with MW.
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood