The Division 2

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: The Division 2

Post by Diablo25 »

pk500 wrote:
Danimal wrote:Pk just so you don't think I was ignoring you.

I was playing on the PC last night, and that stupid Windows for Xbox must show me online so your invites were coming through there.

I'm gone on vacation next week so held off buying for the XB until I get back, might be on sale then who knows. :D
No problem, dude. I even showered, put on my satin banana hammock undies and gallons of cologne for you last night, and you still jilted me. :)

Enjoy your vacation!
Hahahahahaha.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

This game shines when playing with a full group. The fire fights are glorious!! I’ve only played with randoms too! Is there a DSP clan to join?

I hit level 20 last night and got my first high end weapon. It was a MK17!! Boom! Also at 20 I noticed the gear drops started including more or higher skill power stats. Can use some of those mods now. I kept thinking there was no way I could get my skill power that high. Just have to be patient.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Teal is the DSP clan master, I think.

And yes, those 4-person firefights are intense. I'll say it until I'm blue in the face...there's the Mk17, and then there's everything else :lol:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

TCrouch wrote:Teal is the DSP clan master, I think.

And yes, those 4-person firefights are intense. I'll say it until I'm blue in the face...there's the Mk17, and then there's everything else :lol:
I am currently using a specialized M1A rifle with decent damage but a magazine of only 11. Is there a particular loot location where the MK 17 is located? Would like to give a try.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Nope, I just seem to find them all around, and when I outlevel one, it goes in my stash. So the next character I make (I tend to make a lot of characters to try to play with people and keep them sync'd up), I grab it out of the stash. I basically have a revolving set of Mk17s from level 1 to level 15 :lol:

The stopping power, damage, and stability (you can fire them off as quickly as you can pull the trigger...and with the elite controller set to 'short trigger' mode, that's fast), it's the gun that I love using the most. My buddy swears by the Vector, and I know everybody has different tastes. But that Mk17 will always be my favorite, I'm pretty sure. Other guns do more damage, or have a higher fire rate, etc. but I can't think of any encounter where the Mk17 would let me down.

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

I have not really read the entire thread ...is there a tip to better shooting. I have played through the start 3 times and still waste bullets at an unbelievable rate. I am not a shooter player and coming from 100 hours of RDR2's shooting its night and day.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Weapon stability is big. When you first pop up from cover by using LT, your crosshair will be spread out, and start "closing up". After a brief delay, it will be totally closed down as far as it can go. This is the max accuracy your weapon has. So when you first pop up, wait a split second to fire your shot. When a round fires, that crosshair will kick back out wide. It will then close down again. There's a pattern here.

Knowing that, the weapon stability and weapon handling on your character control how quickly that crosshair tightens up, and how widely it kicks out (your bullets can spray anywhere in that reticle area). So, the "short, controlled bursts" is very important here. You don't just hold the trigger and spray for anything other than an SMG or LMG, really. Burst, let the crosshair come back down, burst again, etc.

But your starter 416 Assault rifle has a fairly low stability, so the longer you hold, the more it sprays all over. It's not a good judge of the game. Instead, try a "rifle" (2 diagonal bullets in the icon for the weapon, instead of 3 vertical for SMG/Assault Rifles). Those are semi-auto and allows you to play a lot more similarly to something like RDR2.

The same "target acquisition" method as RDR applies. You snap to target, move up a bit, and headshot, etc. It's not as sticky as RDR, though. Just get used to a slight delay before firing (unless you're using the Mk17 *cough cough*), and learning how that crosshair spread is affecting your round placement.

Don't judge it by that horrible starter weapon, though. There are 2 weapon cases in the first tutorial area before you get to your first big firefight, so I never rock that 416 past the beginning tutorial (before you go to Washington).

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

TheTruth wrote:This game shines when playing with a full group. The fire fights are glorious!! I’ve only played with randoms too! Is there a DSP clan to join?

I hit level 20 last night and got my first high end weapon. It was a MK17!! Boom! Also at 20 I noticed the gear drops started including more or higher skill power stats. Can use some of those mods now. I kept thinking there was no way I could get my skill power that high. Just have to be patient.
Man, I'm lucky. I got an Mk17 at around Level 6. Terry is right: That gun is an absolute game-changer. Stops dudes in their tracks, has great stability. Plus it doesn't waste ammo since it's not fully automatic.

Terry had great advice: Avoid the side missions until you are a higher level. The Side Missions level their loot based on your level when you complete them; the Main Missions do not. So you can get some REALLY nice loot at lower skill levels when completing Main Missions, which is easier than you think when playing with a competent group.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Thanks Terry. Makes perfect sense now to put it to practice. Shooters and I are not good together.

The turret advise from an earlier post helped a lot.
TCrouch wrote:
Don't judge it by that horrible starter weapon, though. There are 2 weapon cases in the first tutorial area before you get to your first big firefight, so I never rock that 416 past the beginning tutorial (before you go to Washington).
I just got to that first agent? mission. So I can always start over a 4th time and find those weapon cases.
Last edited by XXXIV on Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

One is near the first few steps you take when getting to DC. You make a slight right, head through a gate, and there are 2 locked gates in what looks like a mini power station. There's a weapon crate and a gear crate in those 2 gates. Then if you go upstairs in this little "guard" building in the same area, there are 2 more gear crates.

Lastly, there's a weapon case on top of some stacked shipping containers, by a big crane on the right side of the available zone. You can climb up on a box and up to the container to get a third available weapon.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

XXXIV:

I know many people here love the attack drone, but I'm partial to the turret. It softens up so many foes if placed right and makes easier work of kills. I swore by the turret in The Division, and nothing has changed with the sequel. :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Even better, if playing in a group. A turret AND a drone! :lol:

I ran a duo last night on PC and we both had turret/drone combos. Every encounter we ran into was an absolute buzzsaw, because we'd flank the group and drop the turrets on opposite sides, creating a turret crossfire, with both drones buzzing around flushing enemies out of cover. That's not even taking OUR guns into account!

Main missions, control points, bosses...didn't matter, stuff dropped like flies. The lack of heals could be a problem in later encounters with a full 4-player group enemy count, but with just two guys, it was always a hilarious over-too-quickly firefight.

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

pk500 wrote:Terry had great advice: Avoid the side missions until you are a higher level. The Side Missions level their loot based on your level when you complete them; the Main Missions do not. So you can get some REALLY nice loot at lower skill levels when completing Main Missions, which is easier than you think when playing with a competent group.
Just to clarify--the main reason to avoid running side missions is that they also scale XP with your level. So if you do them all up front, you'll be mid-teens and then be looking for stuff to grind on when you hit 20. If you wait on them and stick to main missions as much as possible...instead of grinding levels doing a bunch of open world activities, you can get BIG CHUNKS of XP in the 20s by mopping up side missions.

So where you'd normally run into a leveling wall in the last third--if you wait on the side missions, those last 10 levels will blow by.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

XXXIV wrote:I have not really read the entire thread ...is there a tip to better shooting. I have played through the start 3 times and still waste bullets at an unbelievable rate. I am not a shooter player and coming from 100 hours of RDR2's shooting its night and day.
You suck... :twisted:

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

10spro wrote:
XXXIV wrote:I have not really read the entire thread ...is there a tip to better shooting. I have played through the start 3 times and still waste bullets at an unbelievable rate. I am not a shooter player and coming from 100 hours of RDR2's shooting its night and day.
Yes. Yes I do.

Especially true after I just logged on to the game just now and found I had a bunch of weapons that I had picked up after leaving the White House last night. :oops:

Running off your course into buildings seems to be a good idea for gathering loot. So much to figure out a lvl 2. like everything. 8)

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

XXXIV wrote:
10spro wrote:
Yes. Yes I do.

Especially true after I just logged on to the game just now and found I had a bunch of weapons that I had picked up after leaving the White House last night. :oops:

Running off your course into buildings seems to be a good idea for gathering loot. So much to figure out a lvl 2. like everything. 8)
Yes. Make sure you sell those weapons you don’t use, deconstruct, junk them etc. Focus on new missions, I would pick the drone as your main perk, then shield if you’re dying a lot, turret etc.

See ya in the battlefield.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

Do we have a clan? I keep trying to join one that is DSP something something...

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10S and myself did some serious shooting last night. Cleared the Air and Space Museum mission and did a few random Propaganda Broadcasts and Control Points. The enemy were some hurting mother effers after we plowed through! The MK17 (mine is a specialized Police MK17 :) ) is LEGIT. I opened up Dark Zone East yesterday and completed the Theater settlement. Love grinding in this game. Gonna get after it again later tonight.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

The game continues to kick ass. I opened up Dark Zone East and South tonight. Quickly moving up the chart as my best/favorite shooter EVER. As you were.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Diablo25 wrote:The game continues to kick ass. I opened up Dark Zone East and South tonight. Quickly moving up the chart as my best/favorite shooter EVER. As you were.
You can level up much quicker in the DZ, don’t know how I got from opening up the East & south zone like you and then reaching quickly to level 11. Sure all the baddies are tougher too but doable, extraction are damn intense and fun, made the mistake of pick locking a few times making me go rogue. Careful as they put a bounty in your head.

Now before XXXIV joined us for some side mission PK, I am pretty sure that the mission we were doing was a b!tch and it was at my level 16. Since you were ranked lower it was tough to overcome but I think we were close. And remember for long new missions, it’s always better with four dudes.

At least we finally got Pebbles beach right? 8)

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Pebbles! EFF HIM.

Glad to have XXXIV in our merry band. You're more than capable, dude!

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

Couple noob questions here:

I have a gun I love, the mk17. I can’t keep it forever, right? I’m level 8 now and it’s a level 7 I think. Eventually it won’t be able to do any damage. So I have to find another one at a later point?

Also, my current backpack is a level 6 and has better stats than any of the level 8 I have. Is it normal to have equipment that is lower than your current level but still has the best stats?

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Yes, you have to get upgraded versions as you go.

Yes, it's possible to have lower level gear that's better, but I'd be cautious about what you consider "better". If you're looking purely at armor rating and not noticing the bonuses or talents gear has, you might be missing what made the higher level gear a better option.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

fletcher21 wrote:I have a gun I love, the mk17. I can’t keep it forever, right? I’m level 8 now and it’s a level 7 I think. Eventually it won’t be able to do any damage. So I have to find another one at a later point?
Untrue. My Mk17 was a Level 5, and I was mowing guys down with it even at my current Level 11 until I found a Level 10 the other night. The Level 10 isn't that much better than the Level 5 gun.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Do we have a clan? what time do you guys play? is there a specific day?

Still think guys take to many shots to kill. Every time i watch a video its insane.