MLB The Show 20

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

MLB The Show 20

Post by Diablo25 »

The guys at San Diego Studios unveiled the first gameplay trailer for 19. Honestly, I didn’t see anything mind blowing. It’s still a fabulous game just dont know how big of a jump this year will be. The streams in Feb. and March should be telling.

Last edited by Diablo25 on Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: MLB The Show 19

Post by Rodster »

I usually skip 2-3 yrs only because I play RTTS and I bought it last year when they said they updated that mode. It still kinda played the same way.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Didn't know if everybody saw this news but Pro Yaku Spirits 2019 is going to be released on the PS4 in April. I've heard about this game for many years and it looks like I will finally take the plunge and import it from Japan. I'll be getting The Show 19 as well. It's really the only game I look forward to every year.

https://www.play-asia.com/pro-yakyuu-sp ... /13/70cbe9

Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

tjung0831 wrote:Didn't know if everybody saw this news but Pro Yaku Spirits 2019 is going to be released on the PS4 in April. I've heard about this game for many years and it looks like I will finally take the plunge and import it from Japan. I'll be getting The Show 19 as well. It's really the only game I look forward to every year.

I’ve always been intrigued by PYS but the language issue is, well, the issue.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Diablo25 wrote:
tjung0831 wrote:Didn't know if everybody saw this news but Pro Yaku Spirits 2019 is going to be released on the PS4 in April. I've heard about this game for many years and it looks like I will finally take the plunge and import it from Japan. I'll be getting The Show 19 as well. It's really the only game I look forward to every year.

there is a guy working on a website that will have pics with overlays on it and you can pull it up right to your phone or tablet. He had a couple of screen shots from the 2015 version and it looks amazing so it won't be a real big deal getting through the menus. I've just heard so much about this game over the years that now is the time to finally give it a try. Plus there is enough time...i've already downloaded Duolingo on my phone and i'm trying to learn some Japanese! :lol:
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

First two live streams for the game are tomorrow (2/14). One at 2pm EST and one at 6pm EST. For those that have never watched, they are pretty cool. The dev team just casually presents the game improvements. It’s pretty cool to get the insight from the actual developers. They are pretty much all young baseball guys.

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

jLp_VaKer0
Mario Mendoza

Post by jLp_VaKer0 »

Are they bringing back Season Mode?

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

jLp_VaKer0 wrote:Are they bringing back Season Mode?
No clue. I’m just watching today’s streams now.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Moments stream the other day was pretty good. I like the direction they are taking Diamond Dynasty. These developers love their jobs...entertaining watching them. Nick is hilarious.

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

tjung0831 wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:

there is a guy working on a website that will have pics with overlays on it and you can pull it up right to your phone or tablet. He had a couple of screen shots from the 2015 version and it looks amazing so it won't be a real big deal getting through the menus. I've just heard so much about this game over the years that now is the time to finally give it a try. Plus there is enough time...i've already downloaded Duolingo on my phone and i'm trying to learn some Japanese! :lol:
Figured I’d put this here. I’ve been researching this game and discovered this sight. Definitely following the development of the 2019 game.

http://spiritstranslation.com
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

snaz16
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by snaz16 »

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

New game mode.

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Game releases at midnight tonight :D Also, the final developers stream is their launch party stream tonight at 10pm EST. I must admit I wasn’t too excited after the first trailer of this year’s game but after watching the streams I am excited for the game.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I've done my annual "don't watch or read a single thing about The Show" and it's worked pretty well each year to be surprised when it releases. So we'll see tonight. :)

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:I've done my annual "don't watch or read a single thing about The Show" and it's worked pretty well each year to be surprised when it releases. So we'll see tonight. :)
I think you will be pleased.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Are there any major/wortwhile additions to RTTS? That's the only mode I ever play.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Rodster wrote:Are there any major/wortwhile additions to RTTS? That's the only mode I ever play.
Very minor from what I hear, players will have to do well in the gym like weightlifting sessions that serves as minigames I believe. I play RTTS too but its gotten a bit boring lately.

Instead, I've been hooked more with Diamond Dynasty, similar to FUT where you try to build your dream team. As much as I like to have a good online game, you cant help but find cheesers that try to explore the stealing feature. Play real ball, dammit.

Picking up my copy tomorrow, but the new feature I look forward is the "March to October" mode. It's a streamlined offering where players can choose a team and experience an entire season and playoff chase in a quicker than normal playstyle.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Played it for about an hour after the midnight launch last night. It plays very well. It has the obvious aesthetic upgrades with a ton of new animations. I can’t wait to get home from work to give “March to October” mode a try. Also, looking forward to starting my Diamond Dynasty squad. I nabbed a diamond Mike Schmidt for my team as part of the MVP Bundle I preordered. You get a choice of 1 of the 30 Diamond cards to start your DD team with. There were some good choices (Jackie Robinson, Ricky Henderson, Tony Gwynn, Ted Williams, etc. ) but Schmidt was my idol growing up so he got the call.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Pre-ordered it digitally through Best Buy but didn't get a chance to play it yet. Left the PS4 in rest mode so hopefully it'll all be downloaded by the time I get home this afternoon. I'm ready to rake with Goldschmidt!!

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Haven't purchased yet but will tomorrow night as I'm taking thurs and friday off. I'm just reading all the user impressions today. It's a mix..mostly good though. The Show 18 has been playing so well lately that I hate to give it up but I will purchasing 19 without a doubt. I've been playing 18 consistently since February and I'm not even burned out. The Show is the one game that I look forward to every year and it's about the only video game that I even want to play anymore.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Not all that impressed with the framerates in the three or four stadiums I've been in so far. Seems like last years game ran a lot smoother on "balanced" mode. I'm not even on the high res version of the game and it's still a stuttering mess quite often. Weird.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Not all that impressed with the framerates in the three or four stadiums I've been in so far. Seems like last years game ran a lot smoother on "balanced" mode. I'm not even on the high res version of the game and it's still a stuttering mess quite often. Weird.
Yeah, noticed that too as soon as I turned on HDR and bumped it to 2140 FPS. Will have to bring it down to default perhaps.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

10spro wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:Not all that impressed with the framerates in the three or four stadiums I've been in so far. Seems like last years game ran a lot smoother on "balanced" mode. I'm not even on the high res version of the game and it's still a stuttering mess quite often. Weird.
Yeah, noticed that too as soon as I turned on HDR and bumped it to 2140 FPS. Will have to bring it down to default perhaps.
That's the weird thing...I'm just using Balanced on the PS4 Pro. Was smooth last year. It's a mess this year. I understand Sharper won't run very smooth so never bothered with it, but maybe I gotta go down to Fast.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Yeah...at this point I'm holding off....too many complaints of frame rate issues. That's unacceptable.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

I’ve noticed some slight slow downs on BALANCED but nothing game changing. I have a PS4 Pro though. Love what I’ve seen so far.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25