Fifa 21 News

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Fifa 18 News

Post by pk500 »

What the hell is going on with FIFA 18 and EA Access?

The World Cup has been over for two weeks, and FIFA 18 still isn't in the Vault. The Madden 19 free trial dropped today on Access, and FIFA 18 still isn't in the Vault.

Hell, FIFA 19 will be released in six weeks. Will we see FIFA 18 in the Vault before the free trial is available for FIFA 19?

This is getting ridiculous and seriously causing me to question my Access subscription.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

pk500 wrote:What the hell is going on with FIFA 18 and EA Access?

The World Cup has been over for two weeks, and FIFA 18 still isn't in the Vault. The Madden 19 free trial dropped today on Access, and FIFA 18 still isn't in the Vault.

Hell, FIFA 19 will be released in six weeks. Will we see FIFA 18 in the Vault before the free trial is available for FIFA 19?

This is getting ridiculous and seriously causing me to question my Access subscription.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... wi&ampcf=1
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

That's complete horsesh*t. I get EA holding FIFA 18 from Access to try and milk as many sales as possible from the World Cup DLC during the tournament.

But the World Cup has been over for more than two weeks. WTF is the holdup, especially with the release of FIFA 19 right around the corner?
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Pretty good milestone, worldwide FIFA 18 sold at retail 10 million copies. This has got to be EA Sports #1 videogame franchise.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Rodster wrote:Pretty good milestone, worldwide FIFA 18 sold at retail 10 million copies. This has got to be EA Sports #1 videogame franchise.
By far. Stay tuned for 19 on Access sometimes next week. Was hoping for a demo too.

Maybe this week?

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Fifa 19 News

Post by Rodster »

Actually those numbers were off. FIFA 18 sold 24 MILLION worldwide ! 8)

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/ ... rld’s-Game

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

FIFA 19 Stadiums list and PES 2019 doesn't stand a chance. :lol:

https://www.easports.com/fifa/news/2018 ... w-stadiums

Edit: Of note Molineux Stadium I believe is new and so is Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Demo is supposed to be out tomorrow.

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

10spro wrote:Demo is supposed to be out tomorrow.

Demo is in the store. Downloading now....
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I don’t know, it feels somehow different so far to 18. Which us fine because I got frustrated with defending in 18 and just rekindled my interest in the game with the WC addition. I usually just play FUT and in 18 I started losing interest after three months.

Maybe I am spoiled by the realistic PES gameplay, it’s still a tad fast here with ping pong accuracy passing. The AI is smarter in closing spaces and covering the passing lanes. They just seem to pressure you more as you advance and that’s even on Pro now.

There are times where the ball/player separation reminds me of PES, which is an improvement.

Shooting feels good although they changed the direct driven shot which I am still to do it effectively, and there’s a few variations to your shot. They’ve also added some depth to the tactics, whether it really makes a difference remains to be seen.

You have the usual skills/tricks which can ruin your experience, nice presentation and added animations especially with the headers. Corners feel different too.

Promising, it’s a demo there room for some improvements including the pace of the game.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Downloading the full game on the PC thanks to Origin Premier, 32 gig download. Fiber optic internet can't get here fast enough.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

The game is on Access, yippee.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I played one game last night, I'm a casual FIFA fan and the game seemed really slow to me. I didn't mess with settings it just dropped me into a game. Other than the fact it felt slow and plodding it looked really good except for the unskipable cut scenes.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Danimal wrote:I played one game last night, I'm a casual FIFA fan and the game seemed really slow to me. I didn't mess with settings it just dropped me into a game. Other than the fact it felt slow and plodding it looked really good except for the unskipable cut scenes.
As I was mentioning in my demo impressions, the game does feel different. You can adjust the speed level if you wish but slow for me is good. Especially on FUT mode where players try to gather all the Mbappe's of the world and build their team on speed. Passes are not as accurate if you play on a harder level and it's always as if you have it set on manual.

Tactics will play a more important role this year, the shooting mechanics including the centering for a header feels more dangerous.

Visual beautiful as usual, presentation, all well done.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I too found the game speed to be too slow. I changed it to normal, which almost feels too fast. Might need to mess with the sliders perhaps.

I played a "kick off" game (i think that's what it is called) and it still had Martin Tyler and his side kick as the commentary. Is there two different sets of announcers in the game?

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Yes , i think Dixon and ray do the Champions league.

It could be like the other years they had alternate commentary and a setting to switch to either. Not sure on that .

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Has anyone's thoughts changed about this years game? Amazon and several retailers have the game marked down to $30. I was checking out the reviews on the XBOX store and it's getting trashed from the game is too slow, the AI sucks, the passing sucks, the GK's suck, it's the same as FIFA 18 only it sucks more. Just checking to see if opinions have changed as $30 for a $60 game just a little over a month is a pretty good price.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Rodster wrote:Has anyone's thoughts changed about this years game? Amazon and several retailers have the game marked down to $30. I was checking out the reviews on the XBOX store and it's getting trashed from the game is too slow, the AI sucks, the passing sucks, the GK's suck, it's the same as FIFA 18 only it sucks more. Just checking to see if opinions have changed as $30 for a $60 game just a little over a month is a pretty good price.
It started well, I don’t mind the game being slowed down a notch to be honest. The fact that sometimes you can’t connect 100% on your passes is not an issue either, in fact I prefer it not to.

I am primarily a FUT player and it’s the typical EA script that bothers me. The kickoff glitch, the uncanny come back goal, the last minute goals, refs that are consistently blind, AI that hardly touch the opponent and you get called for a penalty shot.

FUT is a payed to win mode. It’s been like that for ages. There are son sick sweaty teams out there.

You would have to spend billions to afford the Ronaldo’s, Vieri, Neymar’s not to mention the Legends’ cards. One may have fun buiding teams on SBC, that’s not for me, I just want a real footie game. 45 angle degrees finesse shots are the only way to score on higher levels, and the AI is overpowered on D. That’s on World Cup level and above.

I can put the entire team trying to defend on crosses and yet I am being scored. And I have De Gea on goal. Really? The game is just not fun to play anymore, everyone tries to play the same tactic and strategy because all the other options just don’t work.

They may have to get the Frostbite engine out of the game, I don’t know but with every update that they’ve done, the game seems more broken.

They’ve also taken out online season mode. There are just not casual games to play.

The other modes? Boring as heck. Haven’t even tried the Journey, but I hearing it’s got terrible characters and is very predictable.

I find myself playing less and less Fifa every year because I am simply enjoying PES more, a true football videogame. I could never get rid of my PS4 rconsole for this game alone.

So yeah, it’s not worth your money, wait for a sale or for Access but even for 18 it took awhile to be there.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rod:

You're a PES guy, as I recall, correct? If so, nothing in FIFA 19 is strong enough to compel a move to the "other side."

I like FIFA 19. The slower pace, tighter midfield defense, lower accuracy on passes and the CPU's ability to switch fields and tactics are overdue and good. But the new shooting mechanic is a gimmick, and the old FIFA tactic of zig-zag through balls still works, for the most part.

I have not played the retail version of PES 2019. I played the demo and was unimpressed. But the PES 2018 demo sucked, yet I LOVED the full retail game when it was available on Xbox Game Pass. Couldn't get enough of it.

Still, it's hard to overlook the modes and official licensing of FIFA, especially since Konami lost the Champions League to EA. So PES is vastly inferior for licenses unless you're addicted to Master League or are playing on PS4 and can download an option file.

FIFA also has much more immersion. PES' commentary with Jon Champion and Jim Beglin is older than grandpa's buckskin rubber, and there are far fewer licensed stadiums in PES.

Deduction: I would pay $29 for FIFA if the alternative was $60 for PES. But if both were within $10 of each other and you had access to an option file for PS4, I think PES may be the pick if the retail version improved upon the sh*tty demo like last year.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

pk500 wrote:Rod:

You're a PES guy, as I recall, correct?
I lean towards the PES game play but I usually buy both. However this year i've bought neither, go figure.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Fifa 2020 News

Post by 10spro »

The demo FIFA 20 is out now. Will try it on later during the week. Just got efootball PES 2020, really looking forward to it.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Fifa 2020 News

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:The demo FIFA 20 is out now. Will try it on later during the week. Just got efootball PES 2020, really looking forward to it.
Thanks 10S. Been waiting on it. Played 19 more than any Fifa game and looking forward to 20.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Fifa 20 News

Post by pk500 »

Played an exhibition match yesterday. Like the tactical pace. Definitely slower than PES 2020. And like PES, happy to discover trick moves aren't overpowered.

But the big "game-changer" for me is the new Volta street football mode. Holy sh*t, that's FUN. Reminds me of FIFA Street, which was the most fun and underrated "street" sports game I've played. Better than NBA Jam. Better than NFL Blitz. Every bit as good as the pond hockey mode in the Microsoft NHL game for the first Xbox. Go ahead and shun me as a heretic. :)

Volta is why I'm probably going to buy FIFA 20 at retail and hold on PES 2020, banking on an early arrival to GamePass by PES 2020, just like the two previous games.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pk500 wrote:Played an exhibition match yesterday. Like the tactical pace. Definitely slower than PES 2020. And like PES, happy to discover trick moves aren't overpowered.

But the big "game-changer" for me is the new Volta street football mode. Holy sh*t, that's FUN. Reminds me of FIFA Street, which was the most fun and underrated "street" sports game I've played. Better than NBA Jam. Better than NFL Blitz. Every bit as good as the pond hockey mode in the Microsoft NHL game for the first Xbox. Go ahead and shun me as a heretic. :)

Volta is why I'm probably going to buy FIFA 20 at retail and hold on PES 2020, banking on an early arrival to GamePass by PES 2020, just like the two previous games.
Was Volta in the demo? I didn’t see it. Thought there was just an exhibition mode.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Only exhibition mode is playable.

I was invited back in June to test play Volta. I’ll be honest. If you like picking up a 5 vs 5 arcade game where physics is not important in a footie game for you, then you may dig it. I was bored quickly. You can use the boards to your advantage to move the football around, skill your way to the net.

I’ll play it to practice the must skills for the FUT mode but definitely not my cup of tea.