NBA Live 19 - Trust the Process Edition

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NBA Live 19 - Trust the Process Edition

Post by Aristo »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Aristo wrote:EA Access version is available to download right now!
Thanks for the tip!

No problem.

Also, I just took DB's court. Bwahahahaha!!!!
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Aristo wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:
Aristo wrote:EA Access version is available to download right now!
Thanks for the tip!

No problem.

Also, I just took DB's court. Bwahahahaha!!!!
Away for the weekend so I won’t be able to play until Sunday evening. Lets get some impressions.
I want to play some Ultimate Team. Hope that mode has some upgrades.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I'm really trying to give it a fair shot...so will refrain from impressions for another game or two, but it's not looking great to me...how I like to play hoops games and what I expect from them.

The controls are my biggest issue, so that's why I need to play more...to get the 2k way out of my mind.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:I'm really trying to give it a fair shot...so will refrain from impressions for another game or two, but it's not looking great to me...how I like to play hoops games and what I expect from them.

The controls are my biggest issue, so that's why I need to play more...to get the 2k way out of my mind.
Live’s controls are pretty basic...and that can be an issue for some.

I wasn’t going to get 2K this year but the recent video I saw looked really good. If it impresses I’ll give it a shot.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Can anyone confirm there is an option to play online H2H against a friend?
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Play a friend is in the game. Not only that, they have an option to set up a seven game series against a friend.

They need to extend the Court Battles gameplay to H2H. It’s ridiculously fun, and would be even better playing live against a friend.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Diablo25 wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:I'm really trying to give it a fair shot...so will refrain from impressions for another game or two, but it's not looking great to me...how I like to play hoops games and what I expect from them.

Live’s controls are pretty basic...and that can be an issue for some.

I wasn’t going to get 2K this year but the recent video I saw looked really good. If it impresses I’ll give it a shot.
Live is getting into the area that annoys me and makes me bored of 2k...that's animations and the collision detection. Live used to be the loose and free game with unlimited moves w/ the right stick and just more free flowing. Now it has turned into a real animation fest. But again, early. I WANT to love it and play it this year instead of 2k for a change. Just don't know if I can get there.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I don't feel the same way, but I think I'm used to the controls more, as I mostly stopped playing 2K last year. The RPM is definitely affecting some of the flow, but in a good way, I feel.

But this game is still not a replacement for 2K. It's a different beat with a different focus. I've never felt as in control of my player as I have with Live, and it is carrying over into my One's gameplay. I am running a 5'11 PG, and I have worked leveled my passing up to 85, and that has made a difference in the number assists I am getting. I am also playing better, but I can tell that the my player is getting better.

I'm also playing 99% of my time ion The One and Court Battles. Some of the slog is that my player, and most all of the others are 70+ OVR guys. As we level up and start earning better ratings for our players, as well as building out our courts with a better roster of players, the gameplay will open even more. I'm already seeing behind the back passes and just much better placed passes since I started.

If folks enjoyed last year's game, this is a great upgrade. But I still don't think it is designed to be a 2K killer.

Teal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Teal »

Only have one question: are there classic teams? That's my sale/no sale line...
www.trailheadoutfitters.org
trailheadoutfitters.wordpress.com
facebook.com/Intentional.Fatherhood

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Teal wrote:Only have one question: are there classic teams? That's my sale/no sale line...
Not that I've found. 2K has a ton of them...but sadly not my favorite team ever, the 93 Suns. SMH

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

How do you get your gameface in the game? I have done everything in the app and everything seems to have worked, but in the demo when I go to the gameface selection in the player creation screen, it just tells me to scan the qr code or go to the website. I would assume I need to log in somewhere on the game like I did the app, but I'm not seeing that option.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Did you click on the box next to the box that explains how to do it? That should make the face available. It won’t show up as a face, but when you click on it, the face on your avatar should be your scan.

I do wish the game had classic teams. But classic players and Court Battles is making up for it for me.

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

Whenever I click on either the box that says Gameface HD or the box that has the phone with the face outline on it on the select your head screen, I get the same screen. Its the screen that says "Before you get started..." and has a QR code on it.

How is the game able to access my scan since I do not log in to my EA account anywhere in the game like I do on the app? I'm thinking it is something simple I am missing since I have been unable to find anything on this issue.

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

JOZ wrote:Whenever I click on either the box that says Gameface HD or the box that has the phone with the face outline on it on the select your head screen, I get the same screen. Its the screen that says "Before you get started..." and has a QR code on it.

How is the game able to access my scan since I do not log in to my EA account anywhere in the game like I do on the app? I'm thinking it is something simple I am missing since I have been unable to find anything on this issue.
You definitely have to be logged in to link to the face you uploaded to your ea account. I am pretty sure on the main landing menu you’ll see at the bottom somewhere to login to ea. Seems like it is the “y” button to login if you aren’t already.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

JOZ
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by JOZ »

I think I have figured it out.

It looks like I must have an old EA account that is linked to my gamertag. I have no idea what email that is attached to. When I started the app, I just created a new account. It looks like there is no way to change which account your gamertag is linked to without contacting EA.

Thanks guys

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Review: https://www.usgamer.net/articles/nba-live-19-review

The biggest challenge for EA is getting people to give NBA Live 19 a shot over NBA 2K19. Overall gameplay in NBA Live 19 is good, but nowhere near great. Live’s addition of real streetball/pro-am courts, leagues like Dykman and Drew League, as well as the WNBA presence are a welcome addition to the hoops simulator world. With improved gameplay mechanics, a future version of NBA Live could actually compete for the crown.
3.5 /5

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

This is the first year since, probably 2004, that Live has been playable. It's still not even in the same stratosphere as 2k as far as realism goes, but it's now actually playable and it arguably does a couple things better than 2K. Most notably it's not nearly as motion capture dependent and feels a bit more controllable on the court. Yes, earlier in this thread I complained that Live was getting too mo-capped and indeed it has added a lot, but after playing 2k19 a bit, it's not even close to as bad.

That said, there is some stuff that is downright ridiculous. Guys jumping from the free throw line to grab rebounds when the ball is in the air after being shot is the biggest thing that annoys the hell out of me. Somehow they know it's going to miss and know where it's going to go before it even hits the rim! Rim physics are out of whack, too many blocks even after slider adjustments, and just overall a laziness to making the game feel precise on the court. So weird.

But I can definitely see why someone would pick this over 2k19 this year. It's actually a pretty solid game.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Court Battles mode is a pretty cool new mode. Offline mode where you have your team created from your created player and NBa/WNBA players. There are different court/game rules you can play. I just played some dude’s offline team in “Highlight Mode”. 3’s, blocks and dunks were worth more than everything else. Customized courts are in this mode. It’s a solid refreshing mode.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Court Battles is something I can just sit and play for hours. Love it.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

New patch:

Gameplay Issues

Improved transition defense/switching
Improved defensive positioning to cover the roller off screens (this is a work in progress)
Adjusted ball speed on passes for receptions towards the basket (cuts, screen rolling)
Fixed a rare issue that resulted in incorrect player velocity going into shots/catches (resulting in a warpy player)
Fixed issues where incorrect defensive player was assessed the shooting foul
Court Battle Rules Updates

All Court Battle Rules that use halves are now three-minute halves
Pro-Am Live Run still uses four, five-minute quarters
All Court Battle Rules that are to 11 now use ones and twos
All Skins Rules now use ones and twos
Defense Wins Championships changed to twos and threes, and points for defensive rebounds was changed from five to three
Traits and ICON Abilities

Updated some of the ICON upgrade visuals along the Sniper ICON path
Clarified instructions for unlocking the Pick and Shoot Trait
Online: Matchmaking

Fixed timing issues in our matchmaking server cluster that were resulting in “cold” lobbies that wouldn’t be properly evaluated by new matchmakers
Modified the matchmaking rules and timing controls of the client and server to ensure all lobbies are evaluated by new matchmakers
Increased matching weight a slobbies remain open to the public for a longer time, to promote a first-come, first-served behavior
Online: Leaderboards

Fixing the bug that was giving you a loss or preventing your games form being reported to the Live Run leaderboard when playing consecutive games in the same lobby; resetting the Live Run leaderboard so that everyone starts fresh with these changes
With these changes, it’s required to have a full reset, which is being scheduled
Players

Made player likeness updates to: Aaron Holiday, Anfernee Simons, Moritz Wagner, Landry Shamet, Robert Williams III, Jacob Evans, Omari Spellman, Élie Okobo, Jevon Carter, Jalen Brunson, Devonte’ Graham, Josh Okogie, Grayson Allen, Chandler Hutchison, Keita Bates-Diop, Rodions Kurucs, Willy Hernangomez, Antonio Blakeney, Devin Robinson, Trevon Bluiett, Lonnie Walker IV, Mitchell Robinson, Khyri Thomas, Kevin Huerter, and Džanan Musa
Miscellaneous Updates

Tuned the visual appearance of sweating on the players as the game progresses
Fixed mismatched lettering on generated player jerseys in Franchise and The League
Audio

1700-plus new lines of commentary
750-plus new player specific lines of commentary
New player trades and movement conversation
New rookie insights
New intensity tuning
Bug fixing/repetition tuning
League/career milestone lines

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

$29.99 or $23.99 with Playstation Plus

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I went ahead and bought it @ $24 since you can't download user created rosters for Live 18 like you can with Madden.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Was having a fun game 5 min qtrs Orlando vs Miami. Miami calls a timeout late in the 4th. I pressed the R1 button to cycle thru my options then I pressed the circle button to exit out of the timeout. The next thing I see is a ball bouncing and being passed around the floor. Two of the Heat coaches are on the floor and the Magic are nowhere to be found. I paused the game and went back in but still no sign of visible Magic players. So I guess I'll have to play an invisible basketball team for the last 2 mins of the game. :lol:

Edit: Calling a timeout fixed the problem. I captured the video but when I went to play it back there was no sign of invisible players or coaches kneeling on the court.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

NBA Live 20 is being delayed, supposedly for a release later this year. EA is taking a new approach with the series. Just bring back NBA Street damn it. :twisted:

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/nba-li ... -franchise

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Rodster wrote:NBA Live 20 is being delayed, supposedly for a release later this year. EA is taking a new approach with the series. Just bring back NBA Street damn it. :twisted:

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/nba-li ... -franchise
Sh*t, that means Live 20 won't appear in the EA Access Vault until Christmas instead of the usual Thanksgiving drop. :)

Seriously, I'm enjoying Live 19. Yeah, it's not the purest sim and has plenty of flaws. But it's fun for a pick-up-and-play exhibition game here and there. Plus I find playing defense in Live 19 FAR more intuitive and "connected" than in 2K19. There's still the aspect of waiting for the animation chain to finish during plays in 2K19 -- an annoyance that has plagued the series forever -- that grates.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425