NBA Live 19 - Trust the Process Edition

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

NBA Live 19 - Trust the Process Edition

Post by Aristo »

Diablo is gonna be a happy, happy guy.

XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: NBA Live 19 - Trust the Process Edition

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Why? Because his boy is on the cover of a sh*tty game?

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I don't think he or I think it is a shitty game, but yeah.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

I'm definitely looking forward to this one. I thought NBA Live 18 was a really fun hoops game. I should have waited even though I bought it at $30. This time i'll wait for the $10-15 price range. I skipped 2K just because I want no part in their VC money making scheme. If Live 19 does it, i'll skip that as well.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Why? Because his boy is on the cover of a sh*tty game?
It’s not a shitty game and he is my boy. :D

Seriously, Live was a ton better last year. Not better than 2K but 2K has gotten stale. Absolutely love 2K’s animations but I played Live more last year. I’d be getting the game regardless of JE 8)
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Live was quite improved. Nowhere near as deep or detailed as 2K, but I'm getting a bit sick of the lack of fluid player movements in 2K. Every movement of the stick feels like it results in an animation chain that must be finished before the next stick response is recognized.

Plus I DESPISE the new shot meter in 2K18. About as unintuitive as it gets if you want to use any kind of meter.

My sons always buy 2K. I'll wait until Live hits Access. Then I can play both. :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

pk500 wrote:Live was quite improved. Nowhere near as deep or detailed as 2K, but I'm getting a bit sick of the lack of fluid player movements in 2K. Every movement of the stick feels like it results in an animation chain that must be finished before the next stick response is recognized.

Plus I DESPISE the new shot meter in 2K18. About as unintuitive as it gets if you want to use any kind of meter.

My sons always buy 2K. I'll wait until Live hits Access. Then I can play both. :)
Solid breakdown Paul. The neighborhood thing sucked on 2K also. The basics of Live are what kept me going back for more and they will improve on that this year. Its nice to see the series growing and improving. When its all said and done its to each his own.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Dynamic Commentary
Discover hundreds of hours of new commentary and weekly updates throughout the year to keep each game fresh and exciting. The all-new commentary duo featuring Ed Cohen, voice of the New York Knicks and former Chicago Bull Jay Williams bring you the latest content from around the NBA, Summer Pro-Ams, and global basketball events.

https://www.pastapadre.com/2018/06/27/a ... ore-116520

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Why? Because his boy is on the cover of a sh*tty game?
Shiiiit.......Live is awesome and so much more fun to play than that other stale ass game but you go on and keep living in that 2K world..
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Been a LIVE fan for a couple years now - but '18 lacked true online head-to-head with a friend. WTF?!?! Still scratching my head at this one. Bought it specifically to play with 2 friends of mine. Never happened.
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Preorder Live and save 33%. I'll wait for the $8 price point. https://www.pastapadre.com/2018/06/29/h ... ba-live-19

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Live 19 for $35...thank you. FYI, you still get your EA Access discount with this deal. I’ll take $35 for a fun game.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Diablo25 wrote:Live 19 for $35...thank you. FYI, you still get your EA Access discount with this deal. I’ll take $35 for a fun game.
Yeah, the positive buzz surrounding it after last year's game was surprisingly fun makes this an easy pre-order.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

Spooky wrote:Been a LIVE fan for a couple years now - but '18 lacked true online head-to-head with a friend. WTF?!?! Still scratching my head at this one. Bought it specifically to play with 2 friends of mine. Never happened.
Yeah, that was weird. I have not looked to see if they have it in for this year. That seems like a monumental fail. It's not like they don't have any online code for it, as you could play online H2H in LUT.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Demo is out. Its solid. Definitely improvements from last year. Still have to play more to make some bigger critiques.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Spooky
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Spooky »

Any indication if it has online head to head play?
XBL Gamertag: Spooky Disco

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Definitely gonna give this a legit try this year as I am growing tired of 2K for the most part. The demo seems cool, the controls are light years better than 18...so there is some hope. Why on earth can't I play an NBA demo game however? Why is the only way to to play 5v5 in a practice gym? Unless I'm missing something.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Definitely gonna give this a legit try this year as I am growing tired of 2K for the most part. The demo seems cool, the controls are light years better than 18...so there is some hope. Why on earth can't I play an NBA demo game however? Why is the only way to to play 5v5 in a practice gym? Unless I'm missing something.
DB, I read this on another website and it says: "Play Now has to be unlocked however by first completing two games of “The Rise” through career mode The ONE. Also included is the ability to practice and play drills, a number of Live Events, along with court and character customization."

https://www.pastapadre.com/2018/08/23/d ... ilable-now

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Thanks. That's f*cking stupid. LOL.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Worst. Menu System. Ever.

Just trying to figure out how to play these two ridiculous Rise games was a chore. Hidden behind text messages and blabbering from your "agent". Who comes up with this stuff?

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I agree on the UI and locking away the Play Now game. I don't understand how the UI functions. It doesn't seem intuitive to find anything. What's weird is that Madden uses a similar UI philosophy, but it is organized a millions times better. And it made trying to play the Play Now game even more confusing.

But the face scan I did last night was so on point it's kind off scary. It made messing around in The Rise a little more interesting. I love the idea of playing a basketball game as one locked on player, but it exposes my lack of basketball knowledge even more. I'll probably still end up passing it over. but man, the customization, from the courts to the game rules is pretty fantastic.

The gameplay feels as good to me as last year. Presentation is fine, but compared to 2K it is a massive step down. But it looks and feels fantastic on the court.

Also, I really had fun messing around with the court creator last night. Wish there was a logo creator or a way to download images, but I get why they aren't. I'd have a big-ass Jayhawk right in the middle of the court. But it's still a pretty neat option. I wish all these courts were available for LUT.

All in all, not regretting my pre-order, at all.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Definitely gonna give this a legit try this year as I am growing tired of 2K for the most part. The demo seems cool, the controls are light years better than 18...so there is some hope. Why on earth can't I play an NBA demo game however? Why is the only way to to play 5v5 in a practice gym? Unless I'm missing something.
Yeah alive demo usually has progress incentives to unlock stuff.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I have to admit, I usually hate the My Player type modes in games, but I went and maxed out my player in XP and Hype. Playing 5v5 and 3v3 online may be the dominant way I play the game this year. I had way more fun than I thought I would.

I created a a too real too life me, so I was rolling as a 5'11" PG, andsI often looked like a hobbit out on the court. But I still scored, got some rebounds, and dished some assists. I may have to start using a headset, because communication obviously helps. But for the demo I just went without.

I did do a Play Now WNBA game yesterday, too. It's still a lot of fun for a different change of pace. I think it could make for an interesting online league, forcing users to play differently. I doubt that is available, though.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

EA Access version is available to download right now!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Aristo wrote:EA Access version is available to download right now!
Thanks for the tip!