Forza 7

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Forza 7

Post by J_Cauthen »

pk500 wrote:
J_Cauthen wrote:Thanks for the heads-up on this Don... I'll be all over it. I just bought a new 6-Series TCL HDTV last week and I'm in total awe of how good Forza 7 both looks and performs in 4K HDR... it's simply breathtaking and adds a new dimension to this already fantastic game!
DROOL. I want that TV so badly, JC! Glad to hear you dig it.
Paul, it has truly exceeded every expectation I had for it. The only criticism I could offer for it is the optimum viewing angles are probably only ~20 degrees in either direction (40 degrees total) where you start experiencing screen washout. Fortunately, only one spot on the couch in my elongated rec room falls outside of that arc.

The downside of this set is that the image quality is so spectacular, that my wife insists on coming upstairs and watching chick flicks and HGTV via Playstation Vue on it :x :)

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

It was pretty f’ing exhilarating chasing Newgarden’s ghosts for way too many laps before finally nipping it at the line.

What a fun Rivals event. Going to show off my ranking to my 4 year old son in the morning, he’s already a big indycar fan.
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Dave wrote:It was pretty f’ing exhilarating chasing Newgarden’s ghosts for way too many laps before finally nipping it at the line.

What a fun Rivals event. Going to show off my ranking to my 4 year old son in the morning, he’s already a big indycar fan.
Well done, Dave!
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Dave wrote:It was pretty f’ing exhilarating chasing Newgarden’s ghosts for way too many laps before finally nipping it at the line.

Newgarden's digital and sponsorship manager is a good friend of mine. He told me today at IMS that Josef jumped into the simulator this morning and sliced a second off his oval time and about 1.2 seconds off his road course time.

Sorry, Dave: Get back to work! :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

pk500 wrote:Newgarden's digital and sponsorship manager is a good friend of mine. He told me today at IMS that Josef jumped into the simulator this morning and sliced a second off his oval time and about 1.2 seconds off his road course time.

Sorry, Dave: Get back to work! :)
Wow, he sure did! Now he is out on the real track practicing. Crazy! Below is the current DSP friends list ranking and replay's in cockpit view with telemetry of both of Newgarden's Indy and GP times as of this morning. Looks like they are blipping the throttle just a little on the backstretch before turn 3. I have viewed several of the fastest oval times and they all seem to do that. Interesting. Everyone is cutting the corners on the GP course. I think you basically have to to get a fast time. I guess Turn 10 did not have strict corner cutting on that course. :)

Josef Newgarden - 38.287

Josef Newgarden - 1:10.241

Last edited by DChaps on Sun May 20, 2018 8:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

DChaps wrote:Wow, he sure did! Now he is out on the real track practicing. Crazy! Below is the current DSP friends list ranking and replay's in cockpit view with telemetry of both of Newgarden's Indy and GP times as of this morning. Looks like they are blipping the throttle just a little on the backstretch before turn 3. I have viewed several of the fastest oval times and they all seem to do that. Interesting. Everyone is cutting the corners on the GP course. I think you basically have to to get a fast time. I guess Turn 10 did not have strict corner cutting on that course. :)
Yeah, you have to stay off the rev limiter. I picked up speed by doing quick blips off the throttle once the car got to 237 at the end of both straightaways. Someone with more precision (like an IndyCar driver) can probably figure out just how much to roll off the gas to maintain 238 instead of bouncing between 236-238 with a lift.

This is such a fun event, great to see Newgarden put so much effort into it.

The GP course is frustrating, I can't string a good lap together. The last set of corners heading into the oval trip me up regularly.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Dave wrote:Yeah, you have to stay off the rev limiter. I picked up speed by doing quick blips off the throttle once the car got to 237 at the end of both straightaways. Someone with more precision (like an IndyCar driver) can probably figure out just how much to roll off the gas to maintain 238 instead of bouncing between 236-238 with a lift.
That's EXACTLY what Joe New is doing on his laps, according to my good buddy who works for him.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

I am exactly .001 off of Newgarden now. Twice I was ahead of him going into turn 3 and blew it. Man, this is such a fun Rivals challenge. I will probably have 500 miles worth by the time this is done. I am still terrible on the GP circuit.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Rivals and Time Attack Coming back to Forza 7!!!

Our old friend Brian Ekberg from Turn 10 was on the most recent episode of Inside Xbox and made some fantastic announcements regarding Forza 7! Watch from 2:00 minutes to 4:00 minutes below to get to the good stuff, but they are bringing back full Rivals and Time Attack, as well as improved race regulations, new cars, new drag racing, etc.

https://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/wir_5_18_18

Race Regulations
You’ve wanted it, we’ve wanted it, and now it’s on its way. Yesterday we announced our upcoming race regulations system (colloquially known around the community as a “player penalty system”).
The new system – which is still in development and will be rolled out in several stages – is being designed not just as a tool to deal with griefers but also as a method of teaching players of all skill levels what is and what is not allowed online in a Forza race. It’s one of the reasons I’m so excited for this feature to come into the game – we want to make all Forza Motorsport players better racers.

The system starts with our new and improved track limits system. The team has gone through every track and ribbon in Forza Motorsport 7 and rebuilt track limits by hand. Our goal is to bring consistency and predictability to track limits across the board. We’re also giving players more visibility into those track limits, with a new option that illuminates track edges and will give players a color-coded warning when they’re getting close to the edge.

Admittedly we didn’t have a lot of time to explain the details of the race regulations system in yesterday’s show segment. I know that the community is hotly anticipating more details on the race regulation system and rest assured we’ll have more to share in the future. It’s a common refrain you hear from me but it fits here: stay tuned for more as we have lots to share.

Time Attack
Coming hand-in-hand with the reveal of our new track limits system is the announcement that we are bringing Time Attack (aka multi-class, multi-ribbon Rivals) into Forza Motorsport 7. This was a fan favorite feature in Forza Motorsport 6 – with every track ribbon having an associated Rivals leaderboard per car class – and we’ve heard loud and clear that players wanted it in Forza 7. Naturally, the new Time Attack mode will take advantage of the new track limits feature and we look forward to rolling the feature out in the future. Again, no details on dates yet, but we’ll keep you in the loop.

‘Experimental’ Drag
In addition to spending tons of time collecting and reacting to community feedback – as well as implementing community requested features like the ones above – the team has been hard at work on some brand new experiences. Yesterday we showed off one of those new modes – our “experimental” Drag Race feature. This is an opportunity for the team to put a new spin on a tried-and-true mode like drag racing. Unlike traditional drag racing lobbies in multiplayer, the “experimental” drag feature will debut in Free Play and initially be a single player-only experience. We’re intentionally limiting the feature at the outset so we can gather feedback from players. We want to see what they like and what they don’t like, so that the team can react as we prepare for possibly bringing the mode into the game in a more full-fledged form.

There’s a lot to appreciate with this mode – we’ve got some new drag features in there like a Christmas tree start light, the ability to spin your tires before the start, lots of drag-related stats (Trap Speed, Reaction Time, 60-ft Time, etc.) at the end of a run, and more. But what I love about “experimental” Drag the most? It’s fast! Unlike multiplayer drag lobbies where you might wait for a minute before getting back to the start-line, “experimental” drag races are bang-bang quick. Essentially as soon as you cross the finish line, you’re a button press away from loading back to the start and going again.

This new Drag experiment is something we’re really fired up about at Turn 10 and we can’t wait to turn it loose to players and get your feedback.

Cars & Cars & Cars
Obviously we love our vehicles here at Forza Motorsport 7 and we’ve got lots of good news on this front. First up, as with the 2018 Honda Civic Type R which debuted this month as a free car for all players, we’ve got more free cars on the way in June and beyond. If you’re a Car Pass owner, we also have two new packs arriving in the future and both will be included for all Car Pass owners. Finally, we heard from those in the community who missed out on the Hoonigan Car Pack pre-order opportunity but still want those cars in the game. Starting next month, the Hoonigan Car Pack will be available for purchase by everyone – and if you’ve got the Car Pass, the Hoonigan Cars will be included.

So, as you can see, there’s lots going on with Forza Motorsport 7. I love the energy around the team right now, who are excited to still be so focused on the game and building great stuff for our players. We’ll have much more to say about these features and more in the coming months, so be sure to plugged in here to the Web site and our weekly streams for the very latest.

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

I believe you have until end of day today (midnight EDT), to post times for the Indycars Rivals events

Leaderboard times as of 8pm Pacific June 5th:

Indy Oval | GP
0:38.119 | 1:07.177 - worldwide top times (42,372 / 27,433 players)
0:38.287 | 1:09.869 JNRACERTPX2 - Josef Newgarden (#447 / #454 worldwide)
0:38.312 | 1:11.539 Hinchcliffe5 - James Hinchcliffe
0:38.493 | 1:11.530 Kart2221 - Conor Daly
0.38.535 | 1:12.214 - top 10%
time not set yet Wickens6 - Robert Wickens

There are some rewards to be had, even for just participating and posting a time:

Rewards – Brickyard Event (Indy 500 Oval)
Beat Josef Newgarden - 2014 Chevrolet Super Sport
Beat Conor Daly - Firefighter Tan Driver Gear
Beat James Hinchcliffe - 1990 Alfa Romeo SZ Sprint Zagato
Beat Robert Wickens - Fleek Driver Gear
Top 10% Leaderboard time - 2015 Nissan NISMO IDx
Top 25% Leaderboard time - Mime Driver Gear
Top 50% Leaderboard time - 1965 MINI Cooper S Forza Edition
Participation Reward - 1964 Chevrolet Impala Super Sport Forza Edition

Rewards – Grand Prix Circuit (Indy GP Road Course)
Beat Josef Newgarden - Astronaut Classic Driver Gear
Beat Conor Daly - 2010 Audi TT RS Coupe
Beat James Hinchcliffe - Vintage Driver Cravat Driver Gear
Beat Robert Wickens - 2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392
Top 10% Leaderboard time - 2013 Mazda MX-5
Top 25% Leaderboard time - Autocrat Driver Gear
Top 50% Leaderboard time - 2016 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG S Coupe Forza Edition
Participation Reward - 1980 Subaru Brat GL Forza Edition

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

John Hindhaugh Le Mans Challenge

https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn ... lenge.aspx
You’ve listened to him as the broadcast voice of the 24 Hours of Le Mans. You’ve watched as he’s called ForzaRC Wednesday Showdown races with his trademark blend of electric excitement and pinpoint accuracy. Now, here’s your chance to take on “The Voice of Le Mans” John Hindhaugh in our next Bounty Hunter event.

The track? Le Mans (naturally). The car? Well here’s where things get interesting. We’re not assigning a car to this event – instead we’re assigning an entire division, specifically the Forza GT Division. The Gamertag to follow? makem73.

Naturally we’ll have some great rewards to give away in this Bounty Hunter event, including stuff never before seen. Check it out:

Beat John Hindhaugh’s final time: Referee Driver Gear
Top 10th percentile on leaderboard: 50,000 credits
Top 25th percentile: 2012 MINI John Cooper Works Forza Edition
Top 75th percentile: 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle Super Sport 454 Forza Edition
Participation reward: 2008 BMW Z4 M Coupe

How will you stack up against the man who knows Le Mans like no one else on the planet? Find out when the John Hindhaugh Le Mans Challenge begins on June 6!

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Forza Motorsport 7 August Update - RIVALS AND TIME ATTACK IS BACK!

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/n ... ust_update

I don't know how I missed this, but better late than never. Turn 10 has finally corrected their error from last years FM7 release where they removed the Rivals/Time Attack across all classes. Have not tried this out yet as I am excited to have this back. I will say, I have liked the fact that I was forced to drive some series that I otherwise would not have. It looks like they have just made literally thousands of Leaderboards now, which is cool, but I wish they also did it per car/series since they are finally opening it all up. For example, I would like to have a leaderboard for Indycars custom build setups, and Indycar stock. Group C custom build setup, Group C stock, etc. Anyway, now I am getting greedy. Don't know why Turn 10 experimented with the Prize Crates, Driver Gear, and elimination of Rivals and Class Based Time Attack, but it is nice to have it back. I will try to get some DSP Challenges going now that we are in the midst of the Racing Season for all series.
One of the biggest updates in Forza Motorsport history arrives this week! The August update for Forza Motorsport 7 will launch on Wednesday, August 8 and it brings some highly anticipated features from the Forza community, loads of fixes and improvements, and a brand-new Spotlight car.

In August, we’ve completely redrawn track limits for all track ribbons in the game, and we’ve given those updated track limits more clarity than ever with a new track limit illumination feature. August also brings the launch of Time Attack in Forza Motorsport 7. Any car, any class, any track – everything has a leaderboard now; this is one of the most requested features from the Forza community and we’re overjoyed to bring it to Forza 7 in August.

Drifters? Yeah, we’ve got you covered too this month. As of this update, Drift Mode has received some major upgrades. We’ve got a new drift scoring model and dedicated drift leaderboards. We’re also making new drift suspension upgrades available to players and the Open Airfield is now accessible in Free Play.

As always we’ve got our full list of fixes and improvements to Forza Motorsport 7 in our August Release Notes, which can be found in the Forza Forums. Here, we’ll dive into all the update details in August, and we start with our August Spotlight car, a classic Group C race car from the 1980s.

1989 Aston Martin #18 Aston Martin AMR1
Amidst a field of battle-hardened Group C race teams from Jaguar, Porsche and Mercedes-Benz, Aston Martin sought to enter the fray with the AMR1. Development began in 1987 with a well-funded team of designers. Aerodynamics were a key element to achieving high cornering speeds, and underneath the AMR1’s Kevlar and carbon fiber tub is a massive aero tunnel. The equally massive Aston Martin V8 was massaged by Reeves Callaway to produce more than 700 hp and was even tilted three-degrees to optimize the tunnel airflow. Only five chassis were built; the one modeled here (AMR1/04) was the most successful, achieving a fourth place at Brands Hatch and an eighth place at the Nürburgring with Brian Redman and David Leslie behind the wheel. By the end of the 10-race Group C World Sports Prototype Championship season the AMR1s had eight finishes and finished sixth place overall ahead of Toyota. The AMR1 is an astounding drive and now is your chance to experience it and build your own legendary British racing heritage.

Updated Track Limits
We lead off this month with a major change to track limits in Forza Motorsport 7. The team at Turn 10 have redefined track limits for all track ribbons in the game. That means hand-drawing all of those limits – from the smallest circuits like Rio Mini Circuit, to the largest tracks in the game like the Nürburgring Full Circuit. In fact, in the case of the ‘Ring, that means hand-placing more than 13,000 pins to create the splines that define both the inner and outer track limits on that famously gargantuan course.

Updating track limits is a first step towards bringing our updated Forza Race Regulations feature into the game; drivers can now learn and acclimate to the new limits before regulations arrive in the game. While a good number of circuits will feel similar with the new track limits, some tracks have undergone dramatic changes. Specific examples include the second chicane on Monza, as well as the first and last turns at Sebring, both of which will play differently than they have in the past. The basic rule of thumb? Three tires over the line is considered “dirty,” whether you’re racing or drifting.

Players who want an obvious clue as to where the new limits can take advantage of the new illuminated track lines feature, which we’ve implemented to help both new and experienced players understand the new track limits. These illuminated lines are can be toggled on or off in the HUD option and are color-coded for maximum comprehension (blue for safe, yellow for warning, and red when your car is considered over the edge or “dirty”). Players have the option to choose between two illuminated line styles: “ribbon” (a solid line) or “markers” (a dotted line), as well as the option to have the lines illuminated at all times or only when the car gets close to a limit line.

Time Attack
One of the most requested features from the Forza community arrives in Forza 7 this month: Time Attack! The ultimate test for hot-lappers, Time Attack mode in Forza Motorsport 7 brings with it a leaderboard for every track ribbon in the game, across every car class, every weather option and time of day. One important note about weather in Time Attack: Although Forza Motorsport 7 features dynamic weather, Time Attack leaderboards weather conditions are static per event. This is to ensure that every player who runs a lap in that event has a consistent experience.

Time Attack also brings with it a new feature in Rivals events: Training Ghost. This feature came about as a direct result of our conversation with ForzaRC drivers, who love to train against certain ghost cars over multiple laps. The Training Ghost feature lets you set a Rival before you enter an event. While participating in the Rivals event, your Training Ghost will still be present even if you beat its time. Training Ghost is a great tool for players who want to consistently race against the opponent of their choice over numerous laps.

One other important note related to Updated Track Limits and Time Attack Mode: With the launch of the August update, we’ll be wiping all Rivals leaderboards beginning on August 8.

Additional Changes
In addition to the big changes listed above, we’ve got additional changes that we think our community will love. For example, players can now save and load race configurations in Free Play, Split Screen, and Private Multiplayer lobbies. Once a lobby is set up, players will have the option to save those settings and give it a unique name. Players can save up to 300 named Race Setup files and, if you join an Private Multiplayer lobby, and like the options that the host has configured, players can save a copy to keep for themselves.

The Open Test Track Airfield is now available in single player! Players can find this favorite test ground in the Free Play/Test Drive game type – no laps, no time limit, just hooning to their hearts’ content.

We’ve made lots of improvements in multiplayer, including introducing Spectate Ticker options for new multiplayer race types. In addition, players will now randomly shuffle between classes after each race when racing in the ABCS Multiplayer hopper.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

YES! YES! YES! Fantastic news. New life for the excellent Forza 7!

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Forza Motorsport 7 November Update

It was released last week and I missed it, but Turn 10 keeps updating and "fixing" Forza 7 more than a year after release. Prize Crates are finally gone! More importantly, free cars including the Porsche #6 Penske Sunoco 917/30 Can-Am Spyder, one of my favorite cars of all time, driven by one of my favorite drivers of all time, Mark Donahue. There is a cool rivals event available for this car at one of my favorite tracks of all time, Lime Rock Park. If you still have Forza 7, go give the Rivals event a go, only takes a minute or less to lap around Lime Rock in this beast! Additional info and videos on Mark Donohue and the Porsche #6 Penske Sunoco 917/30

The career of Mark Donohue
https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opin ... rk-donohue

1973 Anatomy of Racing Penske Porsche Sunoco promo film
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be02dW3ZvCE

The Porsche 917/30 - The Car That Killed Can-Am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wrt16vr9eVk

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/n ... ber_update

The November Update for Forza Motorsport 7 is coming on Tuesday, November 6! This month, Forza 7 players will notice some significant changes to the game based on our ongoing communication with the Forza community. First up, prize crates have been officially removed from Forza Motorsport 7; in their place, we’ve added a new Race Shop feature, where players can grab items like Driver Gear, Mod cards, and more. In addition, we’ve made some important changes to collisions in Forza Motorsport 7, which will improve both the single- and multiplayer experiences for all drivers. All that, plus a ton of Hot Wheels fun coming to players this month and a classic Porsche prototype race car that serves as our November Spotlight Car.

Let’s break down the big items arriving in Forza Motorsport 7 in November, starting with this month’s Spotlight Car:

1973 Porsche #6 Penske Sunoco 917/30 Can-Am Spyder
The age of Can-Am cars was an era of unparalleled speed. The 917/30 driven by Mark Donahue broke A.J Foyt’s closed course record-setting a speed of 221.120, a record that stood for nearly 20 years. It wasn’t just the power, it was the weight of the 917 – a scant 1,765 pounds – that made this car so formidable. It could go from 0 to 60mph in 2.1 seconds, 0 to 100 mph in 3.9 seconds, and 0 to 200 mph in 13.4 seconds. In 1973 those numbers set the 917/30 apart; 45 years later, this classic Porsche racer still astounds.

New Collision Model
While nearly everyone tries to avoid them, collisions are a part of racing. With the November update, we have implemented some important physics updates that significantly change collisions in the game. These changes can be found across three different areas of the game:

1) We’ve improved energy dissipation between bodies, as well as the way tire friction is calculated during a collision. This is a global change, which results in “softer” collisions, where collisions absorb energy and the collision impulse happens over a longer period of time.

2) In multiplayer events, collisions are now resolved locally and blended when the game receives an update from other player(s) in the same multiplayer match. Effectively this means that multiplayer collisions now work like single-player collisions, even in high-latency scenarios.

3) A new Collision Assist setting scales the amount of body rotation a car can impart on another car in a crash. Players can choose to turn the Collision Assist on or off and players will have the option to create lobbies that use this assist (or ones that do not). This collision assist is meant to curb griefing; and a car hit by a car with this assist engaged will also receive the assist.

The sum of these changes means that contact and collisions feel much different in Forza 7 with this update. Car contact when side by side will result in fewer spins; tandem drifters will find that their cars will be more tolerant of tiny taps than before, and griefers dive-bombing into Turn 1 will have less of an effect on the rest of the field than before. In all, the new collision model is meant to bring car-to-car contact more in line with the real world, and also make the experience for players of all skill levels that much better.

Race Shop
Prize crates are gone and the Race Shop is here! The new Race Shop feature gives players the option to purchase Mod cards, Driver Gear, and Badges whenever they like. The Race Shop is found in a new tile on the main menu page of Forza Motorsport 7. The item lineup in the Race Shop is a mixture of Mod cards, Driver Gear, and badges, and the inventory for the Race Shop refreshes every six minutes. In the Race Shop, players can purchase items using in-game credits. These items will vary in cost based on the type of item and its rarity. Driver Gear and badges appearing in the Race Shop that a player already owns will be shown darkened out and won’t be available for purchase, but players will be able to purchase Mod cards that they might already have in their collection...............

One important note for new Forza 7 players: As we announced in Friday’s edition of the Week in Review, we’ve replaced the prize crates that were part of our Forza Rewards programs for new Forza 7 players with Mod cards. New players will now receive Race Mod cards, depending on their Forza Rewards Tier level.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

I still play this game at least once per week, usually more. Fantastic title with incredible support from Turn 10.

Zlax45
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Zlax45 »

Finally got to this in my bundle. Real fun game and a ton of replay.
My xbox live name is "The Zlax45"

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

Forza Motorsport 7 December Update

A full year after release, Forza 7 gets another good update and free spotlight car. I was one of the few wheel users that actually really liked the FFB in Forza 7, so I am not really looking forward to starting from scratch to get the best settings again, but Turn 10 usually does not make this as difficult as a Project Cars or iRacing to dial in. However, buried in this update from our old friend Brian Ekberg (sorry about Auburn this year buddy), is something I have been waiting for in Forza for so so long (see details in red below). As a long time rivals hot lapper, if this works as it should, this may be one of the greatest buried features of all time. I hope they add this to Forza Horizon 4 ASAP!
-Brian Ekberg Monday, December 3, 2018

https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/n ... ber_update

We’re sprucing things up with the December update for Forza Motorsport 7, which arrives on December 4 on Xbox One and Windows 10 PC. Over the past few months, while Turn 10 has been adding new features and functionality to the game based on community feedback, we’ve also been working on giving the Forza 7 menus a fresh coat of paint. The first result of all that hard work arrives this month for all players to enjoy. We’ve also introduced some upgrades and improvements throughout other areas of the game as well, including a much-improved force feedback system for wheel users, a new dynamic opponent labels system, a new Spotlight car coming free for all Forza 7 players, alongside lots of improvements and fixes across the game.

Here’s a deeper look at what’s included in the December update, starting with a look at this month’s Spotlight car:

2018 #1 BMW M Motorsport M8 GTE
After a seven-year hiatus, BMW has returned to the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Adding fanfare is the fact that the M8 GTE raced in both the FIA WEC endurance series and the IMSA series before the production model became available for sale. Call it reverse engineering of the best kind since this M8 GTE is the first BMW manufactured from the ground up as an LM GTE homologated car, instead of being built from an existing platform. Significant weight savings, obvious safety equipment, and extensive aero make this a custom-built racecar. What a production M8 will look like we don’t yet know. We do know is that the M8 GTE was able to keep pace at the Circuit de la Sarthe and in IMSA, BMW teams garnered two wins and finished fourth in the highly competitive GTLM class, proving it as a viable racing platform. Best of all, now you can find out for yourself how it performs.

Updated Force Feedback
The December update introduces some important changes to force feedback in Forza 7. The new force feedback is a full physically based system utilizing Forza Motorsport 7’s suspension kinematics and tire modeling to send tire loads to the steering wheel. It produces a more intuitive feel with more accurate align torque and a solid feeling of connection to the road.

Importantly for wheel users, this new wheel update completely replaces the old system, which means players’ tuning values from before December will be reset. Wheel users will need to tune from scratch to take advantage of this new and improved system. For a full rundown of the new force feedback system, check out the updated FM7 Wheel Guide on the Forza Support site.

A Fresh Coat of Paint
When you start up Forza Motorsport 7 after Tuesday’s update, straight away you’re going to notice some visual changes. In addition to a new splash screen, we’ve made some significant improvements to the main menu. The old slightly angled menu is replaced with a new flat layout. The car and driver have moved to the right-hand side of the screen. In addition, we’ve replaced the black and white image backgrounds for the menu tiles with beautiful new color images. Sharp-eyed players will also notice that we’ve changed the tile highlight color from red to blue, and we’ve changed the opacity of tiles that do not have artwork, to make those tiles feel more active. The team has also improved transition times for certain menu items; for example, it now takes less time to get to the Forza Driver’s Cup menu when selecting that tile from the main menu.

New Opponent Labels
The menus aren’t the only items getting a visual overhaul in December. This update also introduces a new opponent label system into the game. These labels are the information panels that you see in multiplayer lobbies, showing a player’s Gamertag, Forza driver level, and badge above the car. The new opponent label system brings a uniform, flattened look to these labels. Labels will also be dynamic, shifting between three “states” depending on an opponent’s proximity to the player.

The closest “full” state presents a player’s Gamertag, their position in the race, and some event-relevant information such as distance ahead (or behind, when looking backwards), total drift score, or “It” status when playing Tag games. At medium distance, opponent labels will be shown in condensed state, with just a player’s GT and position shown. A furthest distance, labels will appear in “far” state, showing just the player’s position in the race.

We’ve also made some design adjustments to in-race HUD information items with the December update. For example, the lap time HUD elements have been made more uniform and the lap counter has moved to the upper right corner of the screen.

The new menus and new opponent labels are part of an ongoing effort to offer players a great looking and informative Forza Motorsport 7 experience. Look for more updates to these aspects of the game in the coming months.

Other Updates
The December update is bringing more good stuff with it as well. Rivals players will now automatically get a new ghost car to challenge after they’ve beaten a Rival. In addition, Specialty Dealer will now display the original collector score alongside the updated collector score, as well as both original price and “sale” price, along with the discount percentage.

December Events
The year might be winding down but there’s no sign of slowing down in Forza Motorsport 7. Here’s a look at some of highlights happening in Forza 7 this month:

Leagues – Engaged Engines
The new Forza 7 Leagues Season has already begun! Get ready for four series of intense racing action, where you’ll be driving everything from Indycar racers to Vintage Sport Coupe cars and much more. There are great items up for grabs this month as well, including the 1988 Lamborghini Countach LP5000 QV, the 1939 Maserati 8CTF, as well as the Mime and Karateka Driver Gear suits.

#Forzathon
Celebrate the holidays with a host of #Forzathon events arriving throughout the month of December. Whether you’re aiming to rack up drift points or just looking to win as many races as possible, there’s a #Forzathon event for you. Short on credits? Don’t miss the “Holiday Races” event happening now; simply complete 10 races and you’ll add a cool 300,000 credits to your FM7 bank account. Other goodies coming under the #Forzathon tree this month include the 2014 BAC Mono, the 1957 Ferrari 250 California, and the holiday themed Gingerbread Man Driver Gear suit. Keep your eye on the #Forzathon section in the game for all the latest.

Rivals & Hoppers
Hot-lappers can expect a new Spotlight Rivals car starring the 2018 #1 BMW M Motorsport M8 GTE on the Nürburgring GP circuit. Elsewhere, we’ve got an event starring the 1985 Ford RS200 Evolution on Laguna Seca, as well as an event in the rain at Silverstone starring the 2005 Hot Wheels Ford Mustang. Multiplayer hoppers will see new ghost races, the return of Open Wheel Legends, and more.

For a deep dive on all of the changes that are part of the December Update, as well as a first look at some of the features and improvements that are still to come, don’t miss our December edition of “Forza Monthly,” which airs on December 13 at 10 a.m. Pacific on the official Forza Mixer and Twitch channels. We’ll be joined by special guests from around Turn 10 and taking your questions as well.

WPatrick
Panda Cub
Panda Cub

Post by WPatrick »

Man they are sticking with it and making this game better! Loving the menus, the weight of the cars when racing in multiplayer.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

WPatrick wrote:Man they are sticking with it and making this game better! Loving the menus, the weight of the cars when racing in multiplayer.
I was lucky enough to visit Turn 10 in Seattle for meetings with the staff in December 2017. The passion shown for the franchise by the entire staff -- even the sales and corporate guys -- is remarkable. These people don't work on this game; they live and love it. Seriously.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

After the new update I noticed pretty much everything loads faster now, even starting a race and yeah nice job with the new menus, look much better. And I still have the XONE OG.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I believe there’s a 7 hour time trial for those who don’t own the game and want to check it out.

J_Cauthen
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by J_Cauthen »

This latest update to Forza 7 is epic! I'm loving the new force feedback implementation... it feels so much closer to the wonderful FFB they already had on the PC version. It communicates so many more aspects of the car handling and disposition... once you get the tuning settings dialed in. It took me quite a while to get a setting I like, with the numbers in the centering strength, damping, and vibration, being radically different than default. My lap times have already dropped on my favorite tracks thanks to the more nuanced feedback I'm getting through the wheel on my car's disposition.

I don't know what other changes may have been made, aside from the welcome new menu structure, but the overall game just feels tighter now. I raced several league races last night and it felt better than ever, although winning back to back races with at least 12 drivers at the start may have had something to do with that.

I'm very impressed with Turn 10 in delivering such a comprehensive and technical update this far into the life of this product. No wonder it's such a solid franchise. It's as good as a new game to me and I'll now be going after this game with a renewed sense of vigor!

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

Indycar driver Conor Daly has added Forza to his Twitch rotation. Saw a funny clip yesterday where Rossi wipes him out, fellow drivers Josef Newgarden and Spencer Pigot also joined in, so be on the lookout for some potentially fun sessions to join.

With the sudden activity by multiple drivers, does that mean we’re getting an IndyCar expansion, or at least an updated car with the universal aerokit? :idea:

DChaps
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DChaps »

New Indycar Content Coming to Forza 7 for the Month of May!

We will find out more details tomorrow during the Forza Monthly live stream with sometime Indycar driver, Conor Daly, but based on the tweets and the screenshots being teased, we will be getting the 50th anniversary edition of Mario Andretti's 1969 Indy 500 winning Brawner-Hawk along with the 2019 Indycar.
It is speculated that the update will feature at least 5 IndyCars:

1969 Mario Andretti Brawner-Hawk
2019 Josef Newgarden Hitachi
2019 Simon Pagenaud Menards
2019 Scott Dixon PNC Bank
2019 Graham Rahal Total

Its unclear weather or not the cars will feature correct oval wings as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBBvOU0FQ4o
This is awesome news and I am very excited about the potential Rivals challenges and Multiplayer hoppers that they may have in store. Forza 7 has gone through many changes over the last 18 months and is now definitely in my top 3 all time for the Forza series. Don't know yet if this will be free to all or paid DLC, but I am betting that it is going to be free.
https://twitter.com/hashtag/forza7

https://twitter.com/ConorDaly22/status/ ... 0014383107

Take a look at what we have in store for you all in our upcoming #ForzaMonthly show next week on Tues at 11am Pacific/7pm UK. It's IndyCar month for #Forza7 and we're very excited to be welcoming @IndyCar driver @ConorDaly22 into the studio! Watch here http://mixer.com/forza

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

Looks like an awesome update. I keep coming back to this game whenever I have a little bit of time to play, mostly driving GTs and IndyCars. New, Indy-themed Rivals events will be a nice way to spend the month.