Nintendo Switch

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Nintendo Switch

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Murph wrote:From the Zen Studios Facebook page:

“Pinball FX3 releases on the Nintendo Switch December 12! Pinball on the go in two weeks!”
Oh...hell...yes.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Murph wrote:From the Zen Studios Facebook page:

“Pinball FX3 releases on the Nintendo Switch December 12! Pinball on the go in two weeks!”
Oh...hell...yes.
I’m definitely in. I wonder how it’ll translate to a smaller screen and one in which you can’t hold it vertically. Just worried about the screen space.

Edit: my worries are no more. It can be held vertically!

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... er-12.aspx

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Might get my Switch out of the dock for that. I really wish they would make table purchases universal. I own every table on the PC version.

Actually my project this winter was going to be to build a cabinet to use with the PC version but I'm not that handy and a bit scared to try.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Nintendo Switch reddit is going absolutely bonkers with excitement regarding the news of the re-release Bayonetta 1 and 2 coming to the Switch (February). Then Nintendo announced Bayonetta 3.

The Switch is killing it. :)

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Supposedly the Nintendo Switch has sold 10 million units in 9 months. That's pretty impressive and hopefully EA will port over more games to the handheld.

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

Rodster wrote:Supposedly the Nintendo Switch has sold 10 million units in 9 months. That's pretty impressive and hopefully EA will port over more games to the handheld.
The fact that mature games like Doom have been ported over, and later the Outlast series - shows that the Switch is certainly getting games that the Wii or WiiU would not have gotten.

I don't really take my Switch out of the house often, but if I did, something like 2K or Live would be great. I'm still making my way through Odyssey - 400 moons collected, only 600 to go!

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

Go download free pinball tables right now.

Pinball FX3 - Adventure Land, Son of Zeus and Sorcerer’s Layer.

Stern Pinball Arcade - Mary Shelly's Frankenstein.
XBL: Murph1
PSN: Murph_1

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

Definitely enjoyed Pinball FX3 much more. Each table has so much to do.

Stern is a terrific, faithful, re-creation but it is just to bland.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Wasteland 2 Directors Cut is coming to the Switch.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

Nintendo Switch 64GB Game Cards Delayed To 2019

"Nintendo Co. told outside game developers it is delaying delivery of 64-gigabyte game cards for the Switch console until 2019, people familiar with the matter said, meaning gamers may have to wait longer for some data-rich software titles.

Nintendo had planned to make 64-gigabyte cards available to partner developers in the second half of 2018, but recently told them that it would push the date back to 2019 owing to technical issues, according to people with direct knowledge of the discussions.

They said the notice disappointed some software makers, especially U.S.-based publishers that often produce data-heavy games. Those publishers may wait for the 64-gigabyte card to release those kinds of games for the Switch."

https://wccftech.com/nintendo-switch-64gb/

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Crazy to look back at the first couple pages of this thread and look at the predictions of what a failure the Switch was going to be. And now this:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/0 ... units_sold

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Dark Souls Remaster release date is 5-25-18 for the Switch and it supposedly will release around the same time for the PS4/XONE/PC. Namco also said that they plan to remaster Dark Souls II and III. No word if Dark Souls II and III are headed to the Switch. I thought Dark Souls III on the PC looked great, can't see what else they could improve on it graphics wise.

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

Games announced:

Celeste got name checked in todays Nintendo direct (launch Jan 25th):

https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/01-11-2018/

Also announced:

The World Ends with You Remixed on Nintendo Switch

New Battle Pokémon in Pokkén Tournament™ DX DLC

Kirby™ Star Allies!

The Ultimate Version of Hyrule Warriors

Mario Tennis™ Aces

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA

Find Luigi—and balloons—in Super Mario Odyssey™

SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy

New Character in Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (DK)

PAYDAY 2

Fe

Celeste

DK Jungle Freeze

Dark Souls™: Remastered

Mario Tennis would be interesting if it had online multiplayer but we're talking about Nintendo so who knows.

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

Mario Tennis and Kirby are likely purchases this first half of 2018.

Until they release, I'm having a hard time figuring out what to grab next. I want a first party title (already played Odyssey and Breath of the Wild)....

1. Splatoon 2 - didn't play the first one, so it would feel fresh.
2. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - played the heck out of it in the WiiU. worth a double dip?
3. Mario and Rabbids - not a huge strategy guy, but this looks very well done.

Any recommendations? Thanks!

Dave
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Dave »

Splatoon 2 is probably my favorite game so far on the Switch, I also never played the first one.

It is nice to have a 'shooter' where the goal isn't to kill the other players and the games fly by and it's so easy to play a few rounds when you only have a little bit of time.
xbl/psn tag: dave2eleven

fanatic
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fanatic »

Dave wrote:Splatoon 2 is probably my favorite game so far on the Switch, I also never played the first one.

It is nice to have a 'shooter' where the goal isn't to kill the other players and the games fly by and it's so easy to play a few rounds when you only have a little bit of time.
Thanks. Considering I generally suck at shooters, it's good to know I can contribute to the team by running around and splattering paint everywhere without having to worry about "kills".

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

sportdan30 wrote:Nintendo Switch reddit is going absolutely bonkers with excitement regarding the news of the re-release Bayonetta 1 and 2 coming to the Switch (February). Then Nintendo announced Bayonetta 3.

The Switch is killing it. :)
I feel like I pretty much nailed it.
Aristo wrote:Depending on pricing, we will probably get one. Even though my kid is now out of the house, in college, my wife and I still like Nintendo IPs. The Wii and Wii U were both rather disappointing. I only owned them for my daughter. But they eventually just gathered dust and I figured I was done with Nintendo.

But if Nintendo can just get back to a home console with a standard controller, with no touching and waggling, bring on the Metroid Prime, Zelda, and Mario games. Nothing tells me that this will replace a PS4 or XB1, but it could once again make Nintendo gaming a part of my life again. And it was once a great part of it.

I would love to play a new Super Mario Strikers and other Nintendo sports games, now with a standard controller and workable online. It would be the successor to the Gamecube I always wanted.
I have not really played it a ton, but my wife has already finished Zelda and Mario. I keep meaning to play it more. Mario looks flipping brilliant. Will be getting the Switch release of Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, for sure.

I'm still more of an Xbox gamer, but the Switch is the (mostly) waggle-free return to Nintendo console normalcy. It absolutely feels like the spiritual successor to the Gamecube.
XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Having gotten a Switch for X-Mas, I mostly like the form factor of instant on/off tablet gaming from the couch/bed with solid controls. I've been mostly successfully doing this with a nVidia Shield tablet for emulators and streaming from my PC, but controller mounting on tablet is always a compromise and sometimes you have to go down and fiddle with host PC.

Give me top notch Nintendo releases and the smaller 'indie' stuff of the world and my Switch will get lots of time for years.

I just don't have as much interest in the traditional AAA fare right now, and I have my fancy PC for that anyway.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Picked up FIFA 18 on the Switch this past weekend for $24. What a great experience. Yeah, it’s missing a mode or so, but it plays a heck of a game of soccer on the handheld.

Murph
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Murph »

sportdan30 wrote:Picked up FIFA 18 on the Switch this past weekend for $24. What a great experience. Yeah, it’s missing a mode or so, but it plays a heck of a game of soccer on the handheld.
I think just The Journey is missing, because it uses the Frostbite engine, right?

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Murph wrote:
sportdan30 wrote:Picked up FIFA 18 on the Switch this past weekend for $24. What a great experience. Yeah, it’s missing a mode or so, but it plays a heck of a game of soccer on the handheld.
I think just The Journey is missing, because it uses the Frostbite engine, right?
No it does not, but I haven’t noticed much of a difference.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

According to Eurogamer.net, FIFA for the Switch is basically FIFA 16 for the PS4 and XONE. I believe those were running the Ignite engine. I don't think the Switch could handle the Frostbite engine.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

wco81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by wco81 »

They apparently showed a lot of games today.

Among them, Mario Tennis Aces with online multiplayer.

Who knows it may have better controls and gameplay than the World Tour Tennis.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Well this didn't take long, the Nintendo Switch has been hacked (running Linux) and custom firmware is being developed and Nintendo can't fix it since it's a hardware exploit with the Tegra CPU. The only thing Nintendo can do is use an updated processor.