Xbox One X Impressions

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Xbox One X Impressions

Post by 10spro »

So yeah , this bloody shiny console does deserve its own thread. Got finally my confirmation from BB that’s been shipped. I had plenty of alternatives if I didn’t hear anything from them by 6PM including going to GS where they have a trade in special for your Xbox One Slim version.

Still will attend the MS store party tonight where some lucky dudes will be picking up their new toy.

Diablo was asking the Dragons over the weekend as to which game you’ll be trying out first to see the new improved graphics.

For me it’ll probably be FIFA 18. As to which game I wished the most improvement, that would be the HB Studios golf game without a doubt although according to Divot nothing is done much about it. A pity.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Xbox One X Impressions

Post by Danimal »

I'm going to check out TF 2 first I think, then Madden.

Vader needs to post that Getting Ready video in here :D
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

No doubt I am excited for tomorrow :). I got my shipment confirmation yesterday. Can’t wait to fire it up. Ill check out all my games to ‘see’ how they look but TGC2 will probably be the first. Assassins Creed will be the one I go to and actually play. I have been playing the hell out of it.

10s, that would be a fun experience going to the MS launch. I’d definitely check that out if I lived out there. Let us know how it is.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

Danimal wrote:I'm going to check out TF 2 first I think, then Madden.

Here you go.

:)
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Danimal wrote:I'm going to check out TF 2 first I think, then Madden.

Check out the following article from Eurogamer regarding TF 2.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... e-analysis

I'm sure it'll get fixed.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

I'll be checking out Forza Motorsport 7 and Forza Horizon 3 first. Then, it'll be on to the EA Sports titles (I have trials remaining with all three games) along with the 10 hour trial of NFS.

Also want to pop in Planet Earth 2 to check out my first ultra high def showing on the One X!

TCrouch
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TCrouch »

Assassin's Creed Origins first, then Madden...and probably Witcher 3.

Got my shipment confirmation, and those are the only games I'll really play in the short term.

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Going to pick mine up from BB tonight at 11. They are doing a midnight est launch in select stores. Probably check out Origins first.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

10spro wrote:So yeah , this bloody shiny console does deserve its own thread. Got finally my confirmation from BB that’s been shipped. I had plenty of alternatives if I didn’t hear anything from them by 6PM including going to GS where they have a trade in special for your Xbox One Slim version.

Still will attend the MS store party tonight where some lucky dudes will be picking up their new toy.

Diablo was asking the Dragons over the weekend as to which game you’ll be trying out first to see the new improved graphics.

For me it’ll probably be FIFA 18. As to which game I wished the most improvement, that would be the HB Studios golf game without a doubt although according to Divot nothing is done much about it. A pity.
I am hoping the game benefits greatly from the updated hardware with supersampling and 16X AA, etc.

I wish HB would pull their heads out and update TGC2 with a PS4 Pro and X1X patch.....seriously missing a huge opportunity to highlight their game.

vader29
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vader29 »

I’ll check out the Golf Club first and then Forza 7, also SW Battlefront 2 comes out this Thursday to EA access, can’t wait for that.
"Two rules man: Stay away from my f***in percocets and do you have any f***in percocets?" ~ Marco Belchier
https://www.ea.com/games/nhl/nhl-20/pro ... rm=xboxone

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Talking to the Ms geeks, they were suggesting a $49 plan to cover any deficiencies on the X for three years. It’s not much and I maybe tempted but had zero issues with the original One and S versions so I am not sure. At this point I rather spend it on a game, what you guys think?
Last edited by 10spro on Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I wonder if this will convince my wife that I didn't just waste a ton of money?

XBL Gamertag: JayhawkerStL

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

10spro wrote:Talking to the Ms geeks, they were suggesting a $49 plan to cover any deficiencies on the C for three years. It’s not much and I maybe tempted but had zero issues with the original One and S versions so I am not sure. At this point I rather spend it on a game, what you guys think?
I will ALWAYS buy the plan (especially at 50 bucks) to cover MS consoles for a few years. I don't trust them after the 360 debacle. Small price to pay really.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

10spro wrote:Talking to the Ms geeks, they were suggesting a $49 plan to cover any deficiencies on the C for three years. It’s not much and I maybe tempted but had zero issues with the original One and S versions so I am not sure. At this point I rather spend it on a game, what you guys think?
When stores are pressuring their employees and paying them bonuses to sell you protection, you gotta know that it's a bad deal. If a piece of electronics was as critically as important as my car, house, or health, and I could not afford to quickly replace it, then I would consider paying for insurance. But these are toys.

Over your lifetime, you will save thousands of dollars by avoiding the protection scam.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Aristo wrote:Over your lifetime, you will save thousands of dollars by avoiding the protection scam.
Unless the only item you cover are MS consoles like me. I'm so far in the black over the four 360s I got replaced under the protection plans.

I don't buy them for anything but Microsoft consoles.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Aristo wrote:Over your lifetime, you will save thousands of dollars by avoiding the protection scam.
Unless the only item you cover are MS consoles like me. I'm so far in the black over the four 360s I got replaced under the protection plans.

I don't buy them for anything but Microsoft consoles.
And I asked for that reason alone, the fiasco that was the 360 release. Again to their credit had zero issues with the next generation but I still have my scars:

I usually don’t pay for anything extra myself:

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

The 360 was pretty bad with the 1st gen systems. They fixed a lot of the heat related issues with the 2nd gen 360's. The 360 Slims have been flawless. I have the 250GB Slim and it's still rock solid.

The XONE was engineered not to have any issues for at least 10 years. The worst thing about the XONE are the shitty controllers. I've had to replace 2 of them, even the Elite controllers are developing problems.

That said the last time I purchased an extended warranty was for the 1st gen 360. Haven't felt the need since and saved a few hundred dollars since.

Aristo
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Aristo »

I can see getting one for the 360. That said, my 360s failed twice, and were replaced or fixed by Microsoft each time. No protection plan ended.

Protection plans are such a racket that I would have even lost money on them for the 360. But Best Buy and others one that consumers remember that console so well now. They are making bank.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

sportdan30 wrote: Check out the following article from Eurogamer regarding TF 2.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digit ... e-analysis

I'm sure it'll get fixed.
Appreciate the link but I don't visit Eurogamer's site, to say they are a tad biased would be an understatement IMO. Plus not like I'm buying the game just checking it out.
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

vader29 wrote:I’ll check out the Golf Club first and then Forza 7, also SW Battlefront 2 comes out this Thursday to EA access, can’t wait for that.
Hell yeah...forgot about that one!
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

XXXIV
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by XXXIV »

Witcher 3
ACO
Madden

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Diablo25 wrote:10s, that would be a fun experience going to the MS launch. I’d definitely check that out if I lived out there. Let us know how it is.
Can’t believe I am lining up to pick up the X. Haven’t done that since the Dreamcast, PS2 Days. The party is on, Halo, Quantum characters galore and best part of it, they are drawing for a free X to a lucky dude. The lineup is already for guys that preordered the Scorpio version, good thing the MS store is inside a mall.

DJ’s, Forza 7 (looks sick) Halo, FIFA 18 tournaments, cool chics playing with the Surface. :D

Don’t kids have early school tomorrow?

Screw BB, I’ll be returning that shipment soon. I should have it in about 45 minutes or so.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Was in and out of BB in 10 minutes. They were selling them before 11 pm here in St. Louis.

TheTruth
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by TheTruth »

Same here. Mine is hooked up and downloading a 740mb update. It detected my backup right away.

The controller feels nice. More solid feel to it. First impression. The verifying update is taking 10 times longer than the download.
[b]Xbox Live Gamertag:[/b] [color=red]HOGZ TheTruth[/color] Wii: 7256 9991 5571 9701

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Forza 7 is muy bonita! Just wow.