Fifa 21 News

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Fifa 21 News

Post by 10spro »

Ronaldo will be the poster boy. Alex Hunter's journey to be continued...

Last edited by 10spro on Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Fifa 18 News

Post by pk500 »

Wonder what EA had to pay Ronny to lure him as poster boy. Seven figures, with ease.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Good cash I am sure, as Messi signed with PES.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Once again Ronaldo gets the better of Messi.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

And the journey continues...

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

Ronaldo and Hunter the talk of Fifa 18.. Let's hope there's a quality soccer sim in there somewhere.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

It's a good day for footie fans. Demo is out.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

It is indeed and its superb. :mrgreen:

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

It plays very well, a fluid game of footie. Passing feels so good. Much improved faces on some players a feature they were a bit behind PES. Guys like Pogba, Sterling, Aguero, Neuer are well replicated. The lighting seems a bit too dark for me, maybe all those night games are getting to me, but in terms of atmosphere check 'La Bombonera' with all that graphiti on the grass.

I (Boca Juniors) played conservative against Bayern on WC level, which dominated ball possession but with quick counterattacks, ended up upsetting them. Defending feels different, don't go chasing for the ball because you will get burn, play more zone D.

Good to see the AI missing some passes, players feel heavier, if you don't protect the ball, they'll shove you over easily.

The shooting seemed a tad on the heavy touch too as I missed some long shots that I would convert last year.

Overall, I enjoyed it, speed wise it may seem a tad quicker than PES but everything was very realistic.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

I'd agree with 10's thoughts here.

This is a great demo, "Tractor beam sucked me right in"

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Jimmydeicide wrote:I'd agree with 10's thoughts here.

This is a great demo, "Tractor beam sucked me right in"
Agreed. The FIFA 18 demo was FAR more enjoyable than the PES 2018 demo.

Positives for FIFA:
+ CPU defense in the midfield is consistent and tough. A refreshing change from the midfield dragstrip of PES.
+ Animations and graphics were top-notch, although the pitch colors are a bit too vivid.
+ Love the new crossing mechanics this year. Seem so much more realistic.
+ I saw the CPU play blood-and-thunder long ball for the first time this year when playing against Manchester United. Couldn't believe my eyes. Also saw the CPU switch fields.
+ Fouls. Real fouls. At all points of the game. Hello, Konami, you may want to try this some year.
+ The biggest addition this year, to me, is how the CPU forces you to be smart about which way to turn after receiving a pass. Turn or run in the same place the CPU is moving, and you will get stripped clean. You really need to think in advance more than in any other soccer video game I've played. Love it.

Negatives for FIFA:
- As 10s said, shots feel a bit heavy. But that could be poor skill from the player, too. :)

I was getting FIFA before I played this demo, anyways. But if the demos are any indication, FIFA is starting to put PES further into the rearview mirror in terms of realism and an overall package. The competition isn't close this year, based on the respective demos.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

RobVarak
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by RobVarak »

At the risk of being fooled for the 5th year in a row or so, I'm encouraged by these early returns. My favorite FIFA games were back around '10 or '11, when the engine allowed and encouraged physical play. There was a long stretch afterward where trying to shield the ball was essentially useless and shoulder tackles basically non-existent.

Liking what I'm hearing so far.
XBL Gamertag: RobVarak

"Ok I'm an elitist, but I have a healthy respect for people who don't measure up." --Aaron Sorkin

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

RobVarak wrote:At the risk of being fooled for the 5th year in a row or so, I'm encouraged by these early returns. My favorite FIFA games were back around '10 or '11, when the engine allowed and encouraged physical play. There was a long stretch afterward where trying to shield the ball was essentially useless and shoulder tackles basically non-existent.

Liking what I'm hearing so far.
Let's put it this this way. On a one on one encounter, even guys like Neymar and Ronaldo will get stripped of the ball if you don't protect or shield yourself from the D. They'll use their physicality to take the ball away from you.

Regarding the long shots, I scored a beauty from P. Perez from Boca Juniors (who? you may ask) vs Guadalajara tying the game in the dying minutes of a game which I put on the feed. I guess it really depends on which foot, which player you're using, but using the finesse shots initially the ball was just flying for me, I am getting more used to it now, but originally it felt as if the ball was a tad heavier.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

One more plus: EA promised unique team styles this year. While I'm not seeing a ton of that, I am seeing a greater disparity between good and bad teams.

Just played a demo game at lunch as Real Madrid against Guadalajara. I ripped through Guad with ease, winning 3-0. Hopefully that trend continues.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Game is on Access, yipee.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Love how this game plays!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

sportdan30 wrote:Love how this game plays!
No joke. Love the tweaks from last year, most specifically the difficulty of the "accurate shot" modification. It was way too easy to place it...now it's a little more reliant on timing.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

EA Access game impressions of FIFA 18 are taking a beating over at OS. Seems it plays different than the demo. Has me a little worried. I've only really played it against my son.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I don’t read there but what’s their beef? From my experience, the game seems to play almost identical to 17 on Access. It seems faster which I don’t like, but since FUT is pretty much all I play, that maybe the case.

Or are they complaining how hard it is to play D?

PES’ tempo is spot on.

Jimmydeicide
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Jimmydeicide »

Here is my findings on the Access version.

Game is borderline unplayable for me on 10 minute halfs. Ai is just too clinical and rushed on offense kinda like they are still in demo mode . having to pack it all in for a compressed 4 min half.

Now change it to 15 min half and game is soooo good, AI calms down and it just becomes one of the best out of the box Fifas i've played.
Teams do have ID's , games do play differently i'd say.

I was one of the guys bitching on OS.
Not any more . plain awesome footy goodness.... (until the first patch and they screw it all up) :D

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

This FIFA 18 review reads more like all the PES 2017/18 complaints. :lol:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017- ... -18-review

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Jimmydeicide wrote:Now change it to 15 min half and game is soooo good, AI calms down and it just becomes one of the best out of the box Fifas i've played.
Teams do have ID's , games do play differently i'd say.
Great advice, Jimmy. Set up a match last night of 15-minute halves, and it was one of the most enjoyable games of virtual footy I've ever played.

Thanks!

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Usually on FUT mode, offline and online seasons is my meat of the game but so far I am really enjoying Squad Battles where you’re playing vs offline teams to get the coins according to the difficulty of your gameplay. If you can score at least five goals, keep a clean sheet, have ball possession of at least 60% of the time and 80% passing, shots on goals, etc you can get really good points under more challenging settings.

Even when you’re playing under Legendary level let’s say, once you got the first goal, the AI starts opening up and spaces start happening for you. Not saying it’s easy but it’s not impossible, all depending on the players of the opponents’ team, and some of them are stocked.

Fun mode.

Sudz
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Sudz »

anybody play the Switch version?

pigpen81
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pigpen81 »

I received my Switch copy from Amazon today and so far it is exactly what I am looking for.

I don't care about the greatest graphics, just want a smooth playing footy game and this delivers it in spades.

I started a season with Portsmouth and won a tough 1-0 game versus Oxford United on semi-pro.

I'm playing portable only as my TV is always tied up and it is perfect.