Black Friday 2015

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: Black Friday 2015

Post by Inuyasha »

Wilk5280 wrote:I have the XBOX Elite wireless controller on its way from MS. So with that, and I'm probably getting ahead of myself, I'm making the XBOX One my lead platform so...

I picked up NBA 2K from BB for 29.99 and sold my PS4 version on eBay for 35. People are suckers.
let us know if you see major differences in nba between ps4/xbo versions. i was going to get it on ps4 but after the free 2k weekend, i was impressed by the xbo version. that rumble feature is great.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Use a $15 BB gift cert and picked up GTA 5 for $13.

Bought Wolfenstein New Order today from BB for $12.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Inuyasha wrote:Would you consider F1 hard for a average racing gamer? I tried the one on XB360 that was free a few months ago and I couldn't keep the car on the track. Is the XB1 just as hard or a bit more forgiving?
Have no idea. I just ordered the game last night, dude. Microsoft Store doesn't deliver via drone.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

sportdan30 wrote:Bought Wolfenstein New Order today from BB for $12.
Return it! XBL has Wolfenstein: New Order and the prequel as a bundle for $16 today! :)
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Diablo25 wrote:
tjung0831 wrote:I did my black friday shopping online yesterday. Ordered up two iPad 2's from Walmart for $199 each, the new Vizio sound stand for $168, FIFA 16 for $33, and Rory McIlroy PGA Tour for $25!
I wouldn't be too excited for Rory :) The rest is a solid take!
Don't know why you say that....it is improving with each update.....

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

DivotMaker wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:
tjung0831 wrote:I did my black friday shopping online yesterday. Ordered up two iPad 2's from Walmart for $199 each, the new Vizio sound stand for $168, FIFA 16 for $33, and Rory McIlroy PGA Tour for $25!
Don't know why you say that....it is improving with each update.....
Maybe I should give it another whirl. I haven't played it in a long while.
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

pk500 wrote:
sportdan30 wrote:Bought Wolfenstein New Order today from BB for $12.
Return it! XBL has Wolfenstein: New Order and the prequel as a bundle for $16 today! :)
Thanks! I'll have to head back to the store tomorrow.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

pk500 wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:Would you consider F1 hard for a average racing gamer? I tried the one on XB360 that was free a few months ago and I couldn't keep the car on the track. Is the XB1 just as hard or a bit more forgiving?
Have no idea. I just ordered the game last night, dude. Microsoft Store doesn't deliver via drone.
oh excuse me. i thought you were the racing guru here. that you get every racing game when it comes out and have 3 monitors w/ the fancy wheels w/ the buttons and stick shift! :)

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

Newegg has 12-Month EA Access Subscription for Xbox One for $24.99 - 5% off with promo code MBLNOV2815 = $23.74 (Must checkout with Newegg Mobile Site or Newegg Mobile App). Shipping is free.

Newegg has $70 Xbox Gift Card (Email Delivery) for $61.50 - 5% off with promo code MBLNOV2815 = $58.42 (Must checkout with Newegg Mobile Site or Newegg Mobile App)

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

Diablo25 wrote:
Haven't owned a golf game in a long long time and it's mix of arcade style play is probably perfect for me, plus it sounds like they've done a good job supporting the game with updates. I've been jonesing for it for some time but didn't want to pay the full $60 for it.
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Inuyasha wrote:
pk500 wrote:
oh excuse me. i thought you were the racing guru here. that you get every racing game when it comes out and have 3 monitors w/ the fancy wheels w/ the buttons and stick shift! :)
Uh, no. I don't own a wheel or a shifter. I don't get every racing game.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

tjung0831 wrote:
Diablo25 wrote:
Haven't owned a golf game in a long long time and it's mix of arcade style play is probably perfect for me, plus it sounds like they've done a good job supporting the game with updates. I've been jonesing for it for some time but didn't want to pay the full $60 for it.
You're nuts to buy Rory at any price if you have EA Access. I bet it will be the next game to arrive in the Vault, probably right after New Year's. The latest Need For Speed won't be long, either, as that game already is at deep discount at retail less than a month after its release.

tjung0831
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by tjung0831 »

pk500 wrote: You're nuts to buy Rory at any price if you have EA Access. I bet it will be the next game to arrive in the Vault, probably right after New Year's. The latest Need For Speed won't be long, either, as that game already is at deep discount at retail less than a month after its release.
No EA access for my PS4
Tim

"tjungin it"

PS4 - tjung0831
Xbox - NHLTIM

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

pk500 wrote:
You're nuts to buy Rory at any price if you have EA Access. I bet it will be the next game to arrive in the Vault, probably right after New Year's. The latest Need For Speed won't be long, either, as that game already is at deep discount at retail less than a month after its release.
Doubt it that soon. They have monthly planned updates through March. The game is improving each and every update and it is on a two year development plan. There are 16 courses now and the latest update added several offline gameplay modes that will eventually become online modes.....Oakmont and PGA West are the next courses coming out between now and January.....

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

DivotMaker wrote:
pk500 wrote:
Doubt it that soon. They have monthly planned updates through March. The game is improving each and every update and it is on a two year development plan. There are 16 courses now and the latest update added several offline gameplay modes that will eventually become online modes.....Oakmont and PGA West are the next courses coming out between now and January.....
Are all these courses free? If so I may pick it up when it goes on sale again during Christmas.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Rodster wrote:
DivotMaker wrote:
pk500 wrote:
Are all these courses free? If so I may pick it up when it goes on sale again during Christmas.
Yep
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Rodster wrote:
DivotMaker wrote:
pk500 wrote:
So far, every update (5 so far) has been free and a new course released with each update. There has been no discussion or even hint of paid DLC so far.....

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

DivotMaker wrote:So far, every update (5 so far) has been free and a new course released with each update. There has been no discussion or even hint of paid DLC so far.....
EA owes that to its customers, at the very least. This game was an absolute joke at initial retail release. Piss poor. I'll take everyone's word it has improved with patches, but I still wouldn't pay more than $20 for it.

Inuyasha
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Inuyasha »

I still have 7 hours left for Rory on EA Access but am not even interested in it. Even when it's free on Ea Access I don't think I will have any desire to play it. The issue w/ the game was the gameplay, not the lack of courses etc.. They could add all the courses they want but if they don't fix the gameplay , I won't be playing.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Inuyasha wrote:I still have 7 hours left for Rory on EA Access but am not even interested in it. Even when it's free on Ea Access I don't think I will have any desire to play it. The issue w/ the game was the gameplay, not the lack of courses etc.. They could add all the courses they want but if they don't fix the gameplay , I won't be playing.
Spot on!

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

Inuyasha wrote:I still have 7 hours left for Rory on EA Access but am not even interested in it. Even when it's free on Ea Access I don't think I will have any desire to play it. The issue w/ the game was the gameplay, not the lack of courses etc.. They could add all the courses they want but if they don't fix the gameplay , I won't be playing.
LOL....what is wrong with the gameplay?

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

DivotMaker wrote:
For starters, the putting engine is ATROCIOUS. Sort of an important part of any golf game. The gameplay also is very sterile.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

pk500 wrote:
DivotMaker wrote:
For starters, the putting engine is ATROCIOUS. Sort of an important part of any golf game. The gameplay also is very sterile.
Played every golf game ever released since PGA TOUR for the Sega Genesis and I simply disagree. But seeing as how you think TGC is so much better, it makes sense to me. For starters, TGC's putting engine has serious flaws with handling any side hill lie to where it is unplayable on any green with slope. I'll simply agree to disagree with you on the putting engine.

Gameplay is sterile? Sorry, I simply don't see it. Respect your opinion, just don't agree at all and I'll leave it at that. Sorry you hate the game.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

DivotMaker wrote:Gameplay is sterile? Sorry, I simply don't see it. Respect your opinion, just don't agree at all and I'll leave it at that. Sorry you hate the game.
Rory blows, but at least there's an alternative. Too bad that's not the case for other stick-and-ball sports games in need of a reboot. Madden and NHL could use competition, and the Xbox could use a legitimate baseball game.

DivotMaker
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by DivotMaker »

I think we get how you feel about RM.....pretty obvious you are more interested in an arcade Golf game.