MLB 14 The Show

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

MLB 14 The Show

Post by 10spro »

http://kotaku.com/first-news-on-mlb-14- ... 1510127498

Apparently an online Franchise will be included in this years' version too.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: MLB 14 The Show

Post by sportdan30 »

Thanks for the link. Those vids are for the PS3 version, which by the way look really nice. The early impressions sound quite positive, especially the fielding control. Running animations looked improved too.

Here's hoping they improve the presentation and commentary!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

Are people really clamoring for an online franchise for this game? Who has the time to play this many games and I always thought the online play had lag issues, did they fix that?
Follow Me on:
YouTube - www.youtube.com/maxpixelation/
Twitch - twitch.tv/maximumpixelation
Twitter - twitter.com/maxpixelation

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

Can't say online franchise appeals to me whatsoever. That's way too much of an investment of time.

FifaInspected
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by FifaInspected »

I've been playing 13 a lot over the last week and have been loving it. I actually played a random online game on sunday and it was by far the best online baseball game i've ever played. It was a huge improvement over my limited experience playing 12 online.

As for online franchise.. I could see it being very enjoyable with a short schedule and a few good friends.

It's a bit odd though that information about 14 is so limited being it's almost Feb. We don't even have a release date yet.
PSN - Fifa-Inspected
XBOX - Fifa Inspected

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

I have this feeling that the PS3 and Vita versions will be released first, followed by the PS4 about a month or so later.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

Full feature list for the game released.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2014/02/17/co ... 4-the-show
XBLive Gamertag - Diablo25
PSN Name - EPDiablo25

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vinny-b »

thanks.

thankful, television/commentary 'option' is back for RTTS mode. For me this made RTTS unplayable, and is why i passed on MLB The Show, last year.

MERACE
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by MERACE »

10spro wrote:I have this feeling that the PS3 and Vita versions will be released first, followed by the PS4 about a month or so later.
Good call Nostradamus! :wink: :lol:

I'm leaning towards the PS4 for my next-gen console purchase. Will you guys be playing online together with MLB 14 The Show like we do with NHL 14?

-MERACE

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

I think year-to-year saves are going to be huge. I really hope other sports games copy this feature.

I have always played franchise in this game, but with the Cubs ineptitude and the revamping of RTTS, I may stick with that mode this year.

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

MERACE wrote:
10spro wrote:I have this feeling that the PS3 and Vita versions will be released first, followed by the PS4 about a month or so later.

I'm leaning towards the PS4 for my next-gen console purchase. Will you guys be playing online together with MLB 14 The Show like we do with NHL 14?

-MERACE
I'll be up for some games Mark. Doubt baseball will be as popular with some of the Ice Dragon boys but we should hook up for some vs.

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

MERACE wrote:

-MERACE
I'm also leaning towards getting a PS4 when this comes out, having sat on the next-gen sideline thus far. I'll wait and see though.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

vinny-b
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by vinny-b »

Naples39 wrote:I'm also leaning towards getting a PS4 when this comes out, having sat on the next-gen sideline thus far. I'll wait and see though.
personally, I plan to not get the PS4 version. As the MLB 14 PS4 version will not have SOTS (Sounds of the Show). To me, customized audio trumps 'eye candy'. In my opinion, you know

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

First MLB 14 The Show dev diary is out...quick counts and player lock covered.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/02/ ... ayer-lock/

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

I can see why using a player lock in the nba can be enjoyable but certainly not in a baseball game. I don't get it at all.

sportdan30
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by sportdan30 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:I can see why using a player lock in the nba can be enjoyable but certainly not in a baseball game. I don't get it at all.
Love the quick counts, but I'm with you about the player lock. Dumb!

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

I never thought of quick counts as an option for a game like this. they have been around forever in management simulations and weren't they in High Heat as well so it's not exactly a new feature but I'm just wondering is this really what fans were clamoring for? Considering all you ever read is how they listen to the fans it must be right?
Follow Me on:

Naples39
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Naples39 »

Quicker games is always on my list of desirable things in sports games if I'm going to playing seasons. It's tricky to do that without compromising stats and realism though.

This increases my interest in the game.
XBL-Naples39; Steam-scrub47; GameCenter-MasterOnion39;

Leadfoot5
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by Leadfoot5 »

sportdan30 wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:I can see why using a player lock in the nba can be enjoyable but certainly not in a baseball game. I don't get it at all.
Love the quick counts, but I'm with you about the player lock. Dumb!
As someone who plays a lot of RTTS, I'm actually looking forward to this feature especially for exhibition games. I think it's fun...

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Danimal wrote:I never thought of quick counts as an option for a game like this. they have been around forever in management simulations and weren't they in High Heat as well so it's not exactly a new feature but I'm just wondering is this really what fans were clamoring for? Considering all you ever read is how they listen to the fans it must be right?
It's funny...I thought the same thing until I listened to the reasoning of them including it in that video above. Walks. I swing at damn near everything so I never walk, thus my OBP is always only slightly higher than my BA. Having quick counts should help with that a bit. I like it. Never really was a fan of throwing an actual 100+ pitches, so this should cut that in half at least. We'll see how it goes I guess. At least it's not mandatory or anything.

Danimal
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Danimal »

dbdynsty25 wrote:
Danimal wrote:I never thought of quick counts as an option for a game like this. they have been around forever in management simulations and weren't they in High Heat as well so it's not exactly a new feature but I'm just wondering is this really what fans were clamoring for? Considering all you ever read is how they listen to the fans it must be right?
It's funny...I thought the same thing until I listened to the reasoning of them including it in that video above. Walks. I swing at damn near everything so I never walk, thus my OBP is always only slightly higher than my BA. Having quick counts should help with that a bit. I like it. Never really was a fan of throwing an actual 100+ pitches, so this should cut that in half at least. We'll see how it goes I guess. At least it's not mandatory or anything.
Yeah, I'll admit it has increased my interest in the game, just not something I would of thought of including. I'm afraid it won't help me, give me a 3-0 count I'd still have a 70% shot of striking out.
Follow Me on:

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

I like the way they explained it. It's a nice balance between simming a game and playing it out. I could see myself using quick counts for some games in a series -- maybe play the first game and then do QC games for the rest. I also like that it could help generate walks for human pitchers, too.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

PSN Name - EPDiablo25

10spro
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by 10spro »

Not happy about the $70 raise north of the border, as many of you know also, the PS4 is being raised by $50 bucks too. Maybe, I find some games for a trade in, if not I may just get the PS3 version.

Diablo25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Diablo25 »

10spro wrote:Not happy about the $70 raise north of the border, as many of you know also, the PS4 is being raised by $50 bucks too. Maybe, I find some games for a trade in, if not I may just get the PS3 version.
WTF? BS by Sony.
PSN Name - EPDiablo25