OT: Time for me to move out of Los Angeles.

Welcome to the Digital Sportspage forum.

Moderators: Bill_Abner, ScoopBrady

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

lexbur wrote:
XXXIV wrote:
I prefer it to the homerness they showed to the Red Sox and Celtics. :P
True enough. Maybe I'm just a little more sensitive to it now, since the Lakers and Cavs *MIGHT* be heading for a showdown in June.
Yeah, I doubt you'll see Sportscenter SLAM on it's brakes every time the dodgers & giants play each other (like they do when the yanks & sawks play). I've been down there though, it's a kick ass TV & Radio setup.
My Tesla referral code - get free supercharger miles!! https://ts.la/gregg43474

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Re: OT: Time for me to move out of Los Angeles.

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Well here we go again, LA at it's finest. I'm sure most of you are just now starting to hear about this story, but here's the long and short of it.

Guy works for the LAPD, gets accused of making false statements against his supervisors, gets fired.

Guy writes a two page manifesto on Facebook laying everything out about how he's going to kill everyone's family who was involved in that hearing.

Guy kills two people from my town, both of which have ties to a bunch of my friends.

Guy shoots at two cops that were following him last night...then early this morning, shoots at two more cops just sitting in their car, killing one and critically injuring another.

Manifesto: http://ktla.com/2013/02/07/read-christo ... z2KERDrpB1

Link to local news coverage: http://ktla.com/

Again, time for me to move.

Rodster
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Rodster »

Holy sh*t that's crazy. 8O

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Now apparently the cops are just firing at random black guys in pickups that match his description because of the tension. This is gonna be an awesome week until this dude is captured/killed.

http://ktla.com/2013/02/07/two-officer- ... z2KERDrpB1

GameSeven
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by GameSeven »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Link to local news coverage: http://ktla.com/
I have followed some of the story you mentioned and that's all kind of f***ed up. Heart goes out to the innocent victims of this d*****bag and I hope the PD can take him down with the utmost prejudice.

fsquid
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fsquid »

yea, I'm out here on business and the whole office has been talking about it the last 2 days. Hope I don't get shot on the way to the red eye tonight!

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

Heartbreaking about the daughter and fiancee who were killed. This guy is a sick and twisted f***, but I read the full manifesto, and it is one of the strangest documents I've ever read. It's extremely lucid but then punctuated with these horrible threats, and then ends with a half dozen pages of thanks to friends, politicians, media members, and celebrities.

Anyway, hope they catch/kill him soon.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Brando70 wrote:Heartbreaking about the daughter and fiancee who were killed. This guy is a sick and twisted f***, but I read the full manifesto, and it is one of the strangest documents I've ever read. It's extremely lucid but then punctuated with these horrible threats, and then ends with a half dozen pages of thanks to friends, politicians, media members, and celebrities.

Anyway, hope they catch/kill him soon.
Yeah it's absolutely insane how crazy this story is. Was going to head up to Big Bear this weekend as my parents have a cabin there, but looks like that plan is scrapped now.

I have yet to see the version of the manifesto with all of the celebrities and "thanks". This is the only one I've seen:

http://ktla.com/2013/02/07/read-christo ... z2KERDrpB1

And I have the un-edited one with all of the names in it. Apparently KTLA took it down and reposted it without the names after I had already opened it. Woops.

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

The LA Times posted it. The names and some other details are redacted:

http://documents.latimes.com/christophe ... manifesto/

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Brando70 wrote:The LA Times posted it. The names and some other details are redacted:

http://documents.latimes.com/christophe ... manifesto/
Ahhh...thanks. They only have through pg. 10 on KTLA.

Macca00
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Macca00 »

I hope Todd Phillips takes this guy's advice to heart and doesn't make another Hangover movie aft- WHAT THE f***!?!

Brando70
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by Brando70 »

I know, right? If the attacks hadn't already happened, I would have though that was the most verbose troll in history.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Brando70 wrote:I know, right? If the attacks hadn't already happened, I would have though that was the most verbose troll in history.
Yeah, the dude got fired in 08/09 and it clearly took him 4-5 years to write that beast.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Still haven't caught the psycho...awesome. Makes me really confident in our cops/fbi/us marshals that's for sure.

F308GTB
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by F308GTB »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Still haven't caught the psycho...awesome. Makes me really confident in our cops/fbi/us marshals that's for sure.
Eh. They're just busy looking for white Ford Broncos.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Well he isn't in Mexico. Shoot out in Big Bear. It's going down right now.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Dead. F*ck em.

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

to be clear: you are moving out of LA? The freeways thank you in advance.

fletcher21
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by fletcher21 »

dbdynsty25 wrote:Dead. F*ck em.
Don't be so sure of that. He's only confirmed to be dead. They really don't know. How the hell is this guy burned so bad it will take days/weeks to confirm his identity, yet his ID survived the fire? Doh-kay...

greggsand
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by greggsand »

fletcher21 wrote:
dbdynsty25 wrote:Dead. F*ck em.
Don't be so sure of that. He's only confirmed to be dead. They really don't know. How the hell is this guy burned so bad it will take days/weeks to confirm his identity, yet his ID survived the fire? Doh-kay...
It won't take weeks. The body is charred, but it's not like they are only left with teeth. I bet they confirm it soon. There's no way that dude got out of there. Why he ever thought Big Bear was a good idea is beyond me (oh yeah, I forgot: he's nuts). Enjoy Hell dumb*ss!

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

fletcher21 wrote:Don't be so sure of that. He's only confirmed to be dead. They really don't know. How the hell is this guy burned so bad it will take days/weeks to confirm his identity, yet his ID survived the fire? Doh-kay...
The p*ssy killed himself. Mark it down.

As for weeks...come on. He was in the military...plenty of dental records they can check in a day.

The cell camera clips from CBS were amazing...it was literally a warzone. So much firepower and Dorner had a silencer on his weapon (which is why the first two cops were ambushed essentially) so no one really knew where he was until he tried to use smoke grenades to escape. Insane coverage from right over head by helicopter until the LAPD told the news helos to get the F out.

It was a fascinating day to be home with my sick baby, that's for damn sure.

And speaking of nuts...my dad thought it was a good idea to go to Big Bear to our cabin last weekend, convinced Dorner had fled back down the mountain or had someone drive his truck up there and torch it. In retrospect, he regretted that decision. LOL.

pk500
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by pk500 »

Did anyone outside of California give a sh*t about this story? No one I know here in upstate New York was talking about it, and none of my work colleagues in Indiana were, either.

Either gun battles are becoming so commonplace or this guy was on the loose so long that a lot of people I know just glazed over.

Glad the dude is deep-sixed, though. SoCal can exhale.
"You know why I love boxers? I love them because they face fear. And they face it alone." - Nick Charles

"First on the throttle, last on the brakes." - @MotoGP Twitter signature

XBL Gamertag: pk4425

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

pk500 wrote:Did anyone outside of California give a sh*t about this story? No one I know here in upstate New York was talking about it, and none of my work colleagues in Indiana were, either.

Either gun battles are becoming so commonplace or this guy was on the loose so long that a lot of people I know just glazed over.

Glad the dude is deep-sixed, though. SoCal can exhale.
Even people IN So. Cal didn't seem to even care. I was only in the middle of it because I have friends that went to school w/ the first two people he murdered, so it hit a little more close to home. Like I said, my dad said F it, I'm going to Big Bear anyway, I don't care that the two hour trip took 6 hours because of snow fall and well, you know, a murder on the loose there.

dbdynsty25
DSP-Funk All-Star
DSP-Funk All-Star

Post by dbdynsty25 »

Well...he's officially dead now, according to dental records and autopsies. So now everyone can go on living their lives in LA until the next weird thing happens and this thread gets resurrected again. :)

EZSnappin
Starting 5
Starting 5

Post by EZSnappin »

I know this is really the "f***ed up s*** that happens in Los Angeles thread" but it is also the most recent active LA thread so I figured I'd try to hijack it for my own purposes.

I'm making my first trip to LA next month and thought I would ask you fine folks what tips, tricks, must sees, must eats, must dos and don'ts you might be willing to share. I do plan to dip my toes in the Pacific for the first time but that's the whole extent of my thoughts at the moment. My schedule is pretty open so if anyone wants to grab a beer I'd be up for that too.

It's partially a vacation trip and partially a scouting mission. My wife's career could find us there in the not so distant future so any tips on cool neighborhoods, outlying towns to visit, etc. are also appreciated.

Thanks in advance gentlemen!